3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Steel Magnolias # 29

Old 06-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #16
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good morning!

Donna, would it be easier and faster to order an ac unit on-line? If not, use the road-trip as a special outing--stop somewhere for a nice lunch and/or dinner. Are there any yarn shops along the search route? ...I'm great at instigating spending someone else's money! Sincerely, I hope you find a unit. I'm sorry to hear about the holiday/spending/job cuts. And "they" say the recession is over. Sure doesn't sound like it. Not here in Delaware...and elsewhere.

Susan, I know you're out there somewhere! Know that I'm thinking of you.

Maggie, your dinner last night sounds yummy. Loooove steak!

Jean, I know you're on vaca...but know you're thought of also!

If I don't post much it's because I hate sounding so negative so often. I hate seeing it in print. Life is a little difficult for me now...and y'all really really don't want to hear about...especially this morning. But know I'm thinking about each of you.

Leaving on a positive note--I will show a weight loss this Saturday and it's only Wednesday morning...

GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #17

here is the slipper felted. I really like the colors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kslipperdone.jpg (19.4 KB, 10 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #18
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is 85 this day and a bit breezie which feels good making it feel like 83. Just got back from eating lunch out. Got a call from a gentleman that had visited church about a year ago and he was in town and wanted to take us to lunch. He said that we had treated him a year ago and wanted to return the favor. Will told him we take a lot of visitors out to eat on sunday after services and it wasn't necessary but we would love to go out to eat with him. We went to a local steak house ~ Montana Mikes ~ and I ate what I could count in my program and still have enough points left for a nice dinner. It was fun talking with that gentleman again. We have lots of visitors just traveling from one state to another drop in. Some we see every year. Life is good. I am going to finish up a project I have started and then start another one. It happens that way. Will is vacuuming the front room and it sounds like he picked up some rocks for it is making that kind of racket. Probably one of the many that Beanie sneeked into the house that we missed picking up. He is like a little kid with rocks. I remember my little brother stuffing his pants pockets with any rock he would come across. Never saw a rock he didn't like. Good thing he became a fireman and not a rock chucker. Time to take this clear polish off my nails and redo them. So I had better do that before starting a new glass project. The polish does help protect my nails when I am not wearing gloves from the chemicals I use in the process. It was so windy last evening we had to take the whirley gigs down that hang from the patio roof edge. The wind does blow.

DONNA FAYE I do hope you can find the AC unit of your choice. I am with Gail on this ~ if you go far away to get one make it an adventure. Surely someone has one in stock. That is a shockeroo to have your income cut like that because of the loss of holiday pay. I doubt that once they take that away you won't get it back anytime soon if ever.

GAIL You can come here and post on sunshine days and rainey days. We are a group that will understand and try to lift you up. Life is filled with hills and valleys and we are here for each other through it all. I know life is not smooth sailing for you during this time with your FIL in your home. But, my dear friend, please concentrate on the light at the end of the tunnel. This too shall pass. Get lots of hugs from Wayne when he comes home from work. You can do this thing.

JEAN Out there on vacation having fun are ya. Tell us all about it when you get home.

SUSAN Now what are you up to this day?

Have a wonderful Humpday all y'all. Type ~ I will later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:58 AM   #19

Good morning y'all! It is cool here at the moment and only going to be upper 80's here today. They can't decide though whether it is going to storm or not around here. We got a real downpour yesterday.

I did get the bathrooms cleaned this morning, the dishes unloaded and reloaded, laundry put away and windows opened upstairs and fan in window to cool bedroom so I am done with work for the day. I will go up and shower later on after I am done here Seems like there is always some kind of cleaning to be done. Fortune drives me nuts because he drags his food onto the carpet and I end up have to sweep and clean it up 3 times a day. I gave up yesterday and told him he had until 1 pm then all bets were off and I was picking his bowl up and cleaning up the mess. All the food was gone before one!

Gail: You can't even buy the portable ac units online right now because they are limited. They basically take inventory from the area to ship to you and there isn't anything within 100 miles around here. I searched all 4 directions. We did find a store 85 miles from here so Jack decided to take off tomorrow and we will hightail it over to Corinth MS and get one before they sell out. Jack will call them first thing in the morning to make sure they have them though. We will get a bite of lunch while we are down there. Jack wants Long John Silver because he loves that place and we don't have any of them here anymore so I said ok and I will just do my points to reflect that. I love their cole slaw so I think I may get some chicken and just some cole slaw. I hate hush puppies and am not a big french fry eater either, thank goodness. A couple chicken planks, slaw and some cocktail sauce. We have never been to Corinth Mississippi before so it will be a nice drive unless the weather is bad. I would take Fortune if we weren't stopping to eat, but it is too hot for him in the car.

Maggie: We plan on going to Montana Mike's when we are in Branson. We have never been and we are steak eaters. I just have to stay away from the baked potato with all the trimmings and have them put on the side so I can measure them out. I hate dry baked potato, in fact, I am not really a big potatoe eater of any kind but Jack loves potatoes of almost any kind.

I got the yarn yesterday and have Susan's first slipper already finished. These only have 19 rows so they really go fast except with the weather the way it has been and knitting so much with huge needles, my hands can hurt sometimes and slow me down. I did find the yarn I bought for Jean to be ugly so I am going to switch it around and not use it. One of the skeins was for a girlfriend's pair and since these are bigger skeins than the first brands I was using, I can make two pair out of them so I will pick one of the other combos.

I am so irked at Hancock Fabrics. Those buttons I ordered haven't even been shipped as of yesterday though I got the email ship confirmation last Thursday. I have been checking the USPS site to see if they had been mailed and they kept saying they had no number so thought it might be UPS but is wasn't. I checked again this morning and it shows that the shipper has notified USPS of a pick up so they are still at the warehouse!!! It is two cards of buttons for heaven's sake you could have mailed them in an envelope and they would have been here already!

I had to go three rounds with someone about checks I placed an order for yesterday. I placed the order and put in my info, 2 boxes of checks, buy one get one free, 150 address labels and with shipping the total was around $27. I clicked on the order button, printed out my confirmation and it say they were charging my credit card $51. Well, I called customer service, which is a joke because the way they run Bradford Exchange is ridiculous. The order wasn't in the system and she kept trying to put it on me that I ordered a checkbook too or that I ordered faster service, that I wanted special safety features and on and on. I told her no, that I had copied and pasted the original screen and printed it out along with my confirmation and they were the exact same order. We went round and round for about 20 minutes as she was convinced it was MY fault. She did finally aquiesce and say she would keep an eye out for the order and as soon as it came into the computer would call me. Luckily, this place doesn't immediately charge your card. I figured I had the proof and would send it to my credit union so they would reimburse me the charge if they refused to fix it, but they did. She still ended up putting it on me by saying I didn't put in the coupon code for the buy one get one, but the checks were $8.49 a box and even if you doubled that which would be $17, the labels were 10$ that is $27 and shipping was 8$ so that is only $35. On top of that, the page I had copied and pasted showed at the top, "the price indicated is WITH coupon code" so they had done it for me! Anyway, she did cancel the order and we started again and I noticed last night the authorizations came in and they were correct. They charge you separately for each item then shipping so they can gouge you. Needless to say, what I thought was a great deal ended up being a pain in the neck. I have never had trouble ordering checks from online places and have been doing it for 40 years. I don't like using the credit union selection because it is small and much more expensive. I am going to scratch Bradford Exchange off my list though and use the checksunlimited or checksinthemail sites I think from now on. I will be getting Maxine checks and labels though so that will be fun. I love her she is so funny. Jack and I take turns on what we get on checks. His was Cubs baseball last time so I got to pick this time. I almost went with Lucy, but decided on Maxine this time.

Well enough blabbing. I need to skeddaddle. Jean, hope you are having a good time, Gloria peek in and say hi we haven't talked to you in quite awhile and Susan, hope all is going well with you. Faye

Last edited by gma22 : 06-23-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #20
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is in the 80's and fixin' to get into the low 90's before the day is done here in the Heartland US of A. I have had my shower and have read the news, and looked at some of my interesting recipes so far this day to decide what I will cook. This is the day that Will goes to the Museum to work and if I need anything for what I will make for dinner he can get it on his way home. So that is why I need to plan dinner before he heads out (or I can always call him ). I ran across a couple of recipes that go real well with soups and such made from canned biscuits and pizza dough. They are stuffed with cheese and onions and mild green chilis. Anyway we like such with soups and stews and bean dishes. They freeze nicely so we don't pig out on them. I don't have any breads in the freezer at present so I shall make some. Oh the boys just came in from the back yard and need a treat. It is a ritual. If Will is in his office they stop there first and if he gives them one I don't. They know when he isn't In there and make a b-line for my office. I will be so glad when our new door arrives and we can get it installed and they can go out back and back in the house with ease. We have been fortunate in buying peaches this year. They have been so good and got ripe before they got rotten like last years did. These are small clings and oh so good. I haven't seen any of he babcock white free stone ones here. I have memories of peach juice dripping off my elbows and my grandpa overflowing the sistern so we kids standing under it could have a nice shower to wash it all off on a hot summer day. Our shorts and tops dried so quickly. Peach juice is so stickey. I now have two dogs napping on the floor in my office. When I get up and step over them they will know it though.

DONNA FAYE Isn't it nice to get chores done in the cool of the day. My mother always told us that was the best time to clean and I do believe she was correct. We get into a routine to get our work done which is never really done. It is just the way of it. I certainly do hope that there is an air conditioner at that place for you. When your husband calls before you head out maybe the folks will hold one for you folks. We have a LJS here and have never been to it. I got turned off the place when they stopped serving the fluffy pieces of fish and went with the pressed kind. I don't like their greasy little balls they call hush puppies either. And I am not a fan of french fires much either. If I make them at home I do it in the oven without all that grease. I like making them with sweet potatoes. I have an old WW recipe for Crispy Sweet-Potato Fires that is a good one. If anyone wants that recipe I will type it out for you. The points value jumped up from the old 1 point to 2 points+ on that recipe ~ but still worth the points in my humble opinion. You are just a whiz bang knitter aren't you. Ole Fortune understood your rules of eating didn't he. Smart little critter. He is doing well on the food you are making for him.

Everyone have a lovely day this day. Make the most of it and be kind to yourself.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Last edited by Maggie : 06-23-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #21

Good afternoon, ladies! It's 98 degrees right now.

What a week it has been at work. Our network and internet for both buildings was down. I got Cox out first and they said it wasn't there problem, it was the routers. Then I got Cisco to send someone and he had to come from Richmond, spent all day Tuesday and finally said it wasn't there problem, it was Cox. Called Cox again yesterday and got a person who admitted they had actually change all our IP addresses on Saturday without notifying us. About 9 last night they got it working again. Meanwhile our people had no database and no email so couldn't work. Greg worked with the Cox man yesterday while I went to a quilting class - and my Pfaff sewing machine died - motherboard. It's 12 years old so I'm not putting $1,000 into having it replaced. Then I had to back to work and get all depressed again. Meantime my check from my IRA cleared the bank so I told my boss this morning I'd write him a check for the $5,000 he advanced me so they do the heat/ac. He told me not to write a check he wanted to think about it. This afternoon he and Greg (part owner) came to me and said they wanted to give me the money and they would also pay the payroll taxes on it. Now you know why I put up with them. That means I can get a new sewing machine and I'm doing research on them after I finish this. I know I don't want the kind that does embroidery because I'd never use it. I'm leaning toward a Viking Sapphire 875 which is their top of the line quilting machine. I always check reviews, etc., before I buy and prices. I know I don't want a Bernina because they are overated in my opinion for the prices they charge. We don't have a Pfaff dealer in the area anymore.

Tomorrow is English Paper Piecing and I think that will be a wonderful way to end this horrible month. I can't wait for June to be over.

Maggie, Cupid used to come at exactly 8 pm every night for his cat treat. I guess he had a built in clock. I like the Sweet Potato Fries recipe. We had a spring-fed pond on our farm and we used to go swimming in it. It's a wonder we didn't get some disease because it was in the cow pasture!

Faye, I get free checks from my bank. Last year I didn't even use one book of checks (20) because I pay everything online that I can. I must get address labels from 15 places during the year. You know I am cheap and free is good. I sure hope you can get another AC tomorrow. Being too hot is just miserable.

Hi, Gail, I hope everything is working out with your fil.

Have a good evening.

HW 356 pounds - CW 138 - GW 130

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forget Yesterday. I am, where I am. I know where I could have been, had I done what I did not do. Tell me, Friend, what I can do today, to be where I want to be tomorrow. - Sigrad
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #22
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I'm here!

Today, I'm going to take a walk. A long walk. In a few minutes. Before it gets too hot and humid. Yes, I'm typing in incomplete short sentences. I am on program. I'm tracking.

Donna, I hope y'all find that ac unit and enjoy your outing going to get it. I like Long John Silver's. We used to have one.

Susan, I hate computer problems. I hate calling Verizon with computer problems...although once I do get through they do solve the problems! I can't wait for the month of June to be over with also.

Maggie, right now that light at the end of the tunnel seems very very far away.

...gotta go...but I'm thinking about you all. Sorry for the short post.

GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #23
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendy Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is fixin' to be another hot day here in the Heartland. But it is summertime and nothing can be done about it so no complaining. Our air conditioning works good so I don't have to go outside unless I want to. There isn't anywhere I have to go this day so I can do some things around here that I have been putting off. Certain things I need a block of time for and I can have that block this day. Will is going to grill some Bratwurst today and we can have a fun meal. They are allready fully cooked so it makes it easy and quick to get them nice and browned and crisp on the outside. Eat them on hot dog buns and think we have good sense. I think I will prepare some fresh pineapple spears and have him grill them also. OH Yum. Tis the season. I love it when the wind doesn't blow and we can cook outside. The Jeep is exhibiting some strange behavior in hesitating while shifting only sometimes. The mechanic has driven it twice now and of course it hasn't done it while he had it out for a test run. It appears to me that it may be in the electrical system since it doesn't do it all the time. It shouldn't do it at all and they are going to have to find out the cause and fix it. Just another thing to deal with. Meanwhile the mechanic is doing some research on the problem and will get back to us. Evidently it isn't a common thing. We totally trust this mechanic for he has the reputation of being the best around. The very best. So we shall see. My little pig tail cob nobs don't work so good for corn on the cob but will make cute little condiment pickers. Yep I can use one when I have some of my favorite large green olives stuffed with jalapeno strips. We had the best corn on the cob last evening which was grown in Florida. Mixed yellow and white curnels. I cooked it in the microwave. Grilled the chicken breasts in my griller and had a rice mix and green beans for a lovely dinner. Now I don't have to think about what to make for dinner for it is already planned. Life is good. I think I will make a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread this day. That is so good toasted with some of WW cream cheese spread on it with some fruit and perhaps a boiled egg for a nice brunch on a Saturday. I will have Will grill enough pineapple so we can have some for tomorrow. See ~ I sit here and mull things over and get some plans made. Thanks gals for letting me bounce things off of you.

GAIL Believe me dear ~ you will get through these times. Lean on me for I am truly your friend. That light at the end of the tunnel will shine brighter as time passes. It will for the will pass and the will shine on you again. BTW ~ I use that pretty dish cloth you sent me as a place mat on my TV tray. It is just too neat to use for dishes!

Back a bit latter ~ nothing wrong with the Jeep. One of the guys there just didn't calibrate something right and now it is fine and dandy.

Howdy everyone else. Type at y'all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Last edited by Maggie : 06-24-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #24

Were out of the house by 5:30 this am so I didn't get in here to post. We drove to Tupelo, which is 90 miles from here, but all interstate so it goes fast. We called yesterday and they had 8 of them so we said we would be there when the store opened this morning Jack has it all set up but we can't turn it on until around 4 because we had to bring it home laying it down so you have to allow at least 6 hours before starting it up, something to do with the compressor and coils cooling properly. It will sure be nice having a nice cool bedroom and upstairs. The one downstairs cools the whole downstairs. I bet it is cheaper to run that the regular ac unit, but we shall see as my bill comes out in another week.

I ran and got my nails done when we got back and got there right before they got busy, then did some shopping in Walmart for bread, my favorite little ice cream sandwiches (ww) and Walmart's ham salad which I eat for lunches and is only 5 pts for a sandwich for lunch total. I am in for the day and going to get in the recliner next to Jack who is already napping and take a nice nap since I was short on sleep.

I will post personals tomorrow, just wanted you to know we are a-ok here. Faye
Old 06-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #25

Good afternoon, ladies! 70 degrees right now. It was in the 90s around 3 pm but we had a really bad storm with hail and it sure cooled down quick. My electric was out for about an hour. I can't remember when it went off last. It must have been a transformer or something at the substation because all out lines are underground.

I went to English paper piecing bee at the quilt shop today and came home with a new Viking Sapphire 875. I was going to get a lesser one but decided since I had no one to leave anything to when I die, I might as well get the one I really wanted. Lisa gave me a good deal and I got it for $2,979.94. 12 years ago I paid a few dollars over $2,000 for a machine that did less so allowing for inflation, that was good. Now I have to learn how to use it.

Faye, I'm glad you got your AC. Isn't it heavenly to be cool!

Maggie, your dinner sounds so good, but I'd leave off the bun. I just like plain Bratwurst.

Gail, hang in there! You are adding lots of stars to your crown in heaven. We are all here for you.

Have a good evening - I have to go sew.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forget Yesterday. I am, where I am. I know where I could have been, had I done what I did not do. Tell me, Friend, what I can do today, to be where I want to be tomorrow. - Sigrad
Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #26

Good morning ladies. It is lovely lovely cool throughout the house now. Jack has his shower and I am going up as soon as I get done posting. Today is the dreaded commissary day but since it isn't anybody's payday we should have it quiet I hope, in and out. I will probably have to go to Kroger to get melon as the commissary's hasn't looked very nice lately and Walmart's yesterday was actually disgusting looking.

Jack hurt his back again carrying that thing up the stairs so he was all doped up by 6 pm last night with Flexeril. He slept 12 hours from that stuff but his back feels almost back to normal. He has 10 weeks until his surgery then he can get that other knee fixed. His foot seems to be doing ok, he just deals with his hand when it hurts as it is going to have to wait probably until after he retires to be fixed.

I have laundry to catch up on today as Jack didn't bring it down yesterday and I can't carry it downstairs. I usually slide the basket down the stairs when I have to bring it down. So I guess after we get home I will start on it.

Susan: I just got the new Evanovich book on my Iphone. It is as funny as ever. She has a bounty that is an old man who thinks he is a vampire in this one and Lula as usual is hilarious about it. She just makes you feel better reading her as you can't help but laugh right out loud. Glad you found a great machine. I am glad my hobby is cheaper as far as machines! Of course, how much does it really cost to make a pair of knitting needles? They charge a lot for them comparitively I would think. Glad you got all the computer kinks all worked out. The people you have to depend on can sometimes be the worst.

Gail: My prayers are with you girly and you keep that chin of yours up. You need to find something to make you have a big ole laugh until you cry. I suggest getting one of Janet Evanovich's # books. If you don't laugh at her, you won't laugh at anybody.

Maggie: We tend to stay away from the brats because we like them and tend to not eat just one. We kind of keep them in the special category. We are doing a little special tonight my rolled tacos and spanish rice and woohoo I get to put bell pepper in my rice. I love it that way and Jack wasn't a fan, but for some reason has decided he wants me to put it in.

I guess I better get out of here so I can go shower and dress and all the other stuff women do to make themselves presentable. Have a good Saturday all. Faye
Old 06-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #27

Good afternoon, ladies. Only 81 degrees right now. Quite a nice day for a change from the heat.

I think I live under a cloud. After I finished at WW this morning, I went to Walmart. I was looking at some stuff on a peg board wall and this black woman came up and pushed between me and my cart. I said sorry, I'll move that and she said no and started to leave. I glanced at my purse and saw it was open and my wallet was gone. I actually chased after her and asked for it back and she very obligingly, and conveniently, had her purse already open and said she didn't have it, I could look through her purse. I was so upset by then I apologized and thought maybe it was on the seat in the car although I didn't remember getting it out. No wallet. I then realized she had on baggy cargo pants and it was probably in a pocket. Too late. Luckily my bank is a block from Walmart and I headed for there and got my debit card and credit card canceled. I was so upset because I now had no money and was thinking my checks were gone when I remember I don't carry my check book anyway and the lady at the bank said they didn't close my account, just cancelled acess by debit card. Well, I also have no driver's license so I can't cash a check. Driving home I remembered I do have money because I keep a stash of cash in case we have to evacuate in a hurricane. I'll have new cards next week, but the driver's license is going to be difficult. It takes 3 forms of identification, proof of residency legally in US, and 4 sheets of paperwork (and probably at minimum of 4 hours at the DMV office). I'll take care of that first think on Monday. I also have to get a new insurance card from Human Medicare Advantage since that one card is also for prescriptions. Once I had some lunch I calmed down enough to realize that at least I wasn't hurt, things were being taken care of and it was a big inconvenience but I'd be okay. I never carry much cash and I don't think there was more than $30 and change in it. I did notify Walmart and the police, not thinking they could do anything but wanting to let them know incase they took the money and threw the wallet in the parking lot or trash. The thing I learned from this is I am not carrying a wallet again. I'm keeping everything in my fanny pack and I am only carrying my debit card and my driver's license and a few dollars. The police did ask me if I had a blank check in my wallet. I guess some people carry one for whatever. That is a bad idea because then they have the account info for that. I'll take a credit card if I am sure I need it or my insurance card. I can always go home and get anything else. Live goes on.

Faye, I'll look for the book. I love those books and listen to them over and over. I hope your commissary trip gets over quickly today. I love the produce at Kroger and the only other place I get it is Trader Joe's or the Farmer's Market. The stuff at Walmart goes bad too quick.

I hauled my new sewing machine up to the sewing room last night. It barely fits into my cabinet and can't be lowered at all because it is too wide because of the wheel on the side. That's okay because I hardly ever put it away anyway but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get the insert for my table. There's plenty of room on the front and back, but only about an 1nch on the left side. Once I have my cards again, I'll go and see about it. If not, I'll think of a work around because Stan bought that cabinet for me in 1995 and it was nearly $900 then. If nothing else, I get the Featherweight insert and use it for that and get a table for Elizabeth. My old machine was Matilda, but this one is more regal.

Have a great day, ladies!

Old 06-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #28
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Hot Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is over 100 degrees here in the heartland as I type. We went out to lunch then for a latte and then to the drug store to get me some new nail polish. It was fine in the Jeep for the air conditioner works great. Right now I am sipping on a sugar free fat free root beer & ice cream float. OOOO and it is so good. The wind isn't blowing this day so Will has a chance to spray the weeds that popped up in the back yard. We have to be careful and keep the dogs in when he is doing that. Right now they are happy to be inside where it is cool. I bet Beanie will make use of his wading pool this afternoon. I will be making my brunch plans for this evening meal. The loaf of cinnamon raisin bread turned out absolutely delicious last evening. There is a restaurant in a near by town about 45 minutes away that has a wonderful Chef they say. He is a 5 Star chef that used to be Donald Trumps personal chef so I inmagine he is good. Anyway we are planning to take a ride out there and sample his offerings on the 31st. Then the next day on the first ~ we plan on going to our favorite jerkey place and pick some up. Going to call first though because last drive out there he was sold out because of a holiday. Well one is coming up soon and he may be out again but if we call soon he can hold some for us.

DONNA FAYE Hope you were able to get all the goodies you needed to purchase this day. With a bad back Jack will learn how he is able to carry things or slide them and such. Believe me I have learned what works with me and it only takes a few pains to teach that lesson.

SUSAN What a bummer to have your wallet go missing. Being a Peace Officer sure taught me a lot about "where to keep your purse" when you are shopping. Never set it conveniently in the kids seat in a shopping cart. NEVER. I always only took the bare minimum in when shopping and never my purse. If you have a trunk in your car then lock it up there. Only take into a store what you will absolutely need and if you put it into a pocket do not use your back pockets. Those theves are practiced and know exactly how to get your stuff. She could have even already have passed your wallet off to another being in the store and didn't still have it on her. Or stashed it somewhere in the store to go back and retreive it when the heat was off. They are creative and they are also everwhere even here in the Heartland. Another thing they want your wallet for is to get your address to rob your house. It has been known that purse snatchers can also be home invaders. Yes life is good ~ and there are ways you can smartly protect yourself. Be aware and don't become a statistic.

Have a great afternoon Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Last edited by Maggie : 06-25-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #29

Good Afternoon,Flowers! We are home after a week of cold, rainy, crappy weather! Of course I forgot to take my jacket but did have a snap down the front sweatshirt which I wore the whole time. We did some shopping and the guys caught fish so guess that part was considered a success. I read 2 books, watched tv, we played cards, and dominoes to pass the time.

I haven't read the daily posts yet so hope to catch up with all of you soon. I'm doing laundry, have sorted the mail, and need to unpack my stuff now.

I'm looking forward to my own bed tonight! Enjoy your evening!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:04 AM   #30

Good morning to everyone. Shopping was a breeze less than 45 minutes a new record for me. There were a few people there but at checkout time no lines in fact the baggers were all standing around blabbing to each other. I was even able to get a couple nice canteloupe and a smaller seedless watermelon at the commissary so I didn't have to go to Krogers at all.

Thomas's birthday dinner is at 6 tonight at Melting Pot so that should be nice. I have to find a bit of birthday paper to wrap his cufflinks. I hope he doesn't have these. If he does I will just save them for someone else down the line.

I am going to start on the downstairs this morning and try and get it cleaned. It seems to be cluttered to me and it absolutely isn't. I think it is because of the ac unit and the fans take up space in a living area that isn't large to begin with. Personally, it is probably advanced cabin fever and I just want to go on vacation. If you remember I really wanted to go to the murder mystery dinner theater they have in Branson but we decided not to because the only night we could go they were having pesto chicken, and I hate pine nuts. Jack would have never eaten any of the meal and the tickets are $45 apiece for the play and the meal. I checked it out just a couple days ago and they changed the menu to plain ole spaghetti marinara and meatballs with salad and garlic bread and some ice cream dessert so I am going to try and get tickets. I wonder if people complained about the menu. Pesto is kind of an aquired taste I think.

Gail: Thinking of you today my sweety!!!

Jean: Glad to have you back but sorry the weather was so crappy. We missed having you here though. You can tell us what you bought, what you read and how your visit went in more detail now.

Maggie: It was awful here yesterday. We headed out around 8:30 am and it was in the 80's but very very humid making the heat index over the mid 90's. It was just an awful day outside. I do put my purse in the child's seat but I make sure it is firmly closed, then take the handle or strap and wrap the kiddie seatbelt around it and snap it closed. Yes, they can cut it, but it would take a bit besides, I walk through the store with my hand through the handle and if I stop to look as something, I never turn my back on the thing. I wouldn't ever do it in this town.

Susan: You always think nothing will happen to you until it does. I am real sorry about it getting stolen. It is a bummer and a pain to replace everything. I hope there wasn't anything irreplacable like pictures or something in it. Bet that witch was surprised when she couldn't get any money or anything from it. I had a go round coming out of the Walmart yesterday. A black woman stood in the middle of the double out doors blabbing at someone in their suv on the street and the lady in front of me, who had macular degeneration I found out, tried to go around her on the left side and bumped her slightly. She copped an attitude and got nasty with the woman, well you know me. I got in her face and told her she owed the other woman an apology as she shouldn't have been coming in the out door, she shouldn't have been standing in the center of it anyway and if she wanted to talk to get her skinny behind out of the way. I was three times bigger than her and peeved so she backed off and didn't say anything to me.

Well gals, gonna fix breakfast and start cleaning. Have a lovely day today. Faye
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.