Old 06-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
So nice to see you again. Please take care of yourself.

Laura
The message sounded good but not sure if I would have liked the set up. Dinner sounds good.

Michelle
I'd like a shopping spree at Khol's. Did you enjoy the production of the Fiddler on the roof? So nice that DN is coming for a work visit.

Ellen
Sounds like you've had a lot on your plate. Enjoy your DH's band concert.

Happy
Don't over do the packing. Enjoy some time with your mom and enjoy the pool on these hot day's.

Shad
Is this the week you have some time off?

Drove up in the yard today and the tree's look so good. Then came inside and took a much needed nap. This heat exhausts me. It was a 103 degree's at my uncles. My aunt and I fixed lunch. My uncle had a good day. We had a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:36 AM   #122  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick one. I haven't been able to give much thought to what we have been talking about on PM's. It's a difficult decision. And now that she's baaaack in a small way it will be impossible. I'll be back later
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #123  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning from me too.

Busy weekend, Monday rolls around too fast. Went to church yesterday, did grocery shopping, went to an open house around the corner yesterday to size up the competition for house sales and did a little more shopping. Came home, grilled steaks, did some laundry and a bit of packing. Tuckered Mom out I think. I did see a former co-worker at the store who lives in my town. She retired last year and they are thinking of moving to North Carolina. She said they put their house up for sale and it sold in 8 DAYS! She said they don't have any place to live as they did not anticipate it going that fast. So that was encouraging. The realtor yesterday said the house sales are going for 96 percent of asking price. That's encouraging too.

I'm afraid I don't have any time to post this morning. I need to go make my lunch and will post later.

Mel sooooo good to hear from you even if you are "cheating" when Jen is out We miss you lots!

Will catch up with the rest of you in a couple of hours...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #124  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Rainy, stormy, flood ridden morning....OMG.

Getting home from St. Louis was awful. What normally takes us 4 hours to drive took us 6 1/2 hours due to construction near Effingham, IL and Terre Haute, IN. Didn't get home till 10:30 last night. Time I unpacked, did some laundry and washed my face for bed it was 12:30 am. Moving slow this morning. Then if that wasn't bad enough, it took me 1hr45mins to get to work this morning. It was cluster F out there due to the storms and the idiots on the road. Numerous wrecks and flooding on the roads. Glad I stopped long enough to get my 'gift' Starbucks to drink along the way, sure made time pass better. (Winking at you, and you know who you are).

THe birthday party was wonderful. Dominic is so sweet. Olivia will be 3 in August. She is getting a playful ornery side to her...I think it is cute but her momma doesn't think so much. lol It was baseball themed. Hot dogs & brats..yuck. Popcorn, pretzels, cheese sauce, crackerjacks, bubble gum, and cake...and of course soda and beer. There were a ton of little ones under the age of 5. Noisy too!! haha. All and all it was a good time.

BFs doggie had surgery this past Tuesday, had 8 tumors removed. Only one was cancerous but they seem to think it was contained and got it all. One was literally coming out of his rectum. Another one on his side was a pound. Poor thing was a mess. Had to wear a cone so he wouldn't pull the drain tubes out. He gets his drain tubes out tomorrow. It will be much better then. Poor boo Bailey. That set them back 3 grand. Yikes. I might have to think about that.

Hey MELLIE thanks for the HBs. Glad to actually hear from you altho you need a spanking for not minding. Hugs....

Desk is covered. Got to get busy. Hello's to all...

Love and Hugs....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #125  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Happy Monday. Crazy busy weekend. Friday afternoon, I had a meeting with a website client, followed by "real job" work in the evening. Saturday, it was website work nearly all day, except for a quick break to do a Kohl's shopping spree with DMIL. I should've bought a few more things...but I at least got what DH and I needed, plus a nice b'day gift for DH's aunt. I mowed the backyard in the late afternoon on Saturday, and did some laundry throughout the weekend. Sunday was up early for more website work, then DMIL and I left at 11 am to go meet up with her sister and others to go see Fiddler on the Roof. The performance was outstanding!! About halfway through the second act, I started getting a migraine. I'm so susceptible to migraines when we have extremely humid days (which yesterday was). After the play, we all went out to dinner. I was feeling worse and worse, but got through it. Finally, on the drive home, I confided to DMIL about my migraine (since I'd been downplaying it - acting like I was ok the whole time). DH was ready at the door when we got home with a cold compress, medicine and a Gatorade. I rested the remainder of the evening, and felt much better this morning. Hopefully the migraine doesn't come back.

Thankfully, my niece's flight doesn't get in until 9:30 pm on Saturday, so I have all day Saturday to clean (as long as we don't go fishing).

Happy - Good for you for sizing up the competition at the other open house. Was their house staged nicely? That's great to hear that houses are selling for nearly the asking price, and selling so quickly too!

Ellen - Sorry to hear that you were pushed to the max with your siblings, their dog, and all your kids. And busy with birthdays on top of it. It's ok to have cake every now and then. So you had it then, just don't have any more now. I hope you were able to enjoy DH's band's show.

Mel - It is SO good to hear from you. Please don't overdo it though. Please take care of yourself and don't ignore the pain. Pain is the body's way of saying something is wrong, and to quit doing what you're doing. Follow the doctor's orders so you can get better faster. I hope you enjoyed your movies and books.

Laura - Funny that you saw Fiddler in a HS theater production! I had a small part in my HS production of Fiddler, but I'm sure you didn't see it as I went to HS in California. That massage sounds okay, except for the part that it wasn't private. I've had non-private chair massages at the State Fair, where you're on display in front of everyone walking by. I don't like the non-private part at all, but usually after walking around at State Fair, I'm so sore that I need the massage and don't care about the lack of privacy. I really need to wash the walls and ceiling in the kitchen and bath, but I don't think that's going to happen before my niece arrives.

Shad - I totally understand about how you haven't had much time to think about the PM with all you've been going through at work. Let me know when you decide. Where are you this week?

Annie - Glad you made it home safely from St. Louis. Sheesh, girlfriend, you sure are having your run ins with construction and weather related traffic! So nice that you were able to enjoy Starbucks in the traffic jam. Glad you had fun at the b'day party. I'm hoping to see photos soon (hint, hint). How is Sam feeling? So very sad to hear about Bailey's surgery. $3,000? OMG! We paid roughly $3K for Doppler's cataract surgery, but dang, I didn't think it would cost so much to remove tumors. I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers to Bailey.

Lots to get done this week, so I'd better get back to work.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #126  

Happy
That was a good idea when you checked out the competition.

-------
It's been a good day at work thus far. Half way nice outside.
Nothing new.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #127  

Morning all. Oops, afternoon!

Ceejay - Glad you had a good visit at your uncle's place. Yeh, the hot weather can be so exhausting, though I have to say I usually have the option of being indoors in the AC for most of it. But then there's that feeling of going stir crazy at being inside....

Hi Shad!

Happy - That is encouraging news about the RE market in your area!

Annie - Glad you enjoyed the b-day party & made it home safely despite the weather and construction. Late night - zzzzz. Poor Bailey! That's a lot of tumors. Poor bf's wallet too! Do they check the tumors for cancer before the removal? Just curious. Coal has one lump somewhere in size between a grape and an egg that's just sitting there, not growing , and a couple tiny things. He has his full check up coming up this month, so I want to ask the vet about that.

Michelle - Glad you enjoyed Fiddler and saw most of it before the migraine came along. That's too bad, especially to not be at home when it strikes! I'm glad you're feeling better today!

Nothing much to report. We had bf's mom over for dinner last night and we had grilled pork chops and a side that's cooked on the grill in a foil packet - potatoes/onions/pepper/Ital. dressing. Yum. I had made the cheesecake in the morning and then a salad before dinner. Nice evening. We sent ALL the leftover cake home w/ mumsy, but we have a lot of salad leftover so I want to have that for dinner tonight.

Tonight might be an exercise class, but I also have to drop off a check for the Relay for Life event I'm participating in on Friday - tomorrow night is Bank Night for dropping off donations. BTW, if you want to consider an online donation....check out my participant page (hope the link works):
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Re...mp;fr_id=30598

FYI, neither of the people in that photo is me. I'm not very comfortable w/ fundraising so I didn't do much in the way of personalizing my page, etc. Made my modest goal and that's it. Hoping for good weather on Friday for the event - ladies, cross your fingers for me!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #128  
Annie - Indiana

Well I am home from CVS....and baking my really awesome brownies...double fudge, chocolate chip, peanut butter chip with cream cheese icing brownies...very evil...thank GOD I do not like chocolate...I am safe. David is coming over for dinner Tuesday eveming, he is a dessert-holic. I am working on fattening him up a bit, might be a challenge as he does not eat 3 meals a day and he is a runner.

Shaddie...I think they took a biopsy before surgery to check for cancer on Bailey. God love him, he looked so pitiful. Hella B has a nice size bump on her side but the doc said it is a fatty tumor, not cancerous and not to worry about it unless it bothers her. She has had it for about 3 years, so I think if it were something serious she would of died by now... I am not worrying about it, plus I do not have the $$ to spend on her. I love grill cooking and your dinner sounds delish!!

Chelle...thanks for asking about sissy. She has had 3 days, heave ho free. We are shooting for 4. She has her doc appt, which I am going, of course, on Wednesday morning. MAYBE...we will find out the sex....it might still be too early to tell... Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for Bailey Boo....he is a sweetie. Glad your migraine didn't develop into something even worse, like a 3 day migraine. Hugs sweet sista.

Ceejay....glad your day has been nice and smooth sailing...

Better get to my brownies and get my chicken ready for the crock pot.

Sweet dreams, my chicklets...
Old 06-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #129  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

I had a doctor's appt after work - a follow up visit about my back. The doc was pleased that I'm exercising a bit and trying to modify other activities (gardening and rock collecting specifically) so I can do them without stressing my back too much. He's pleased I only have to use the cane/walker occasionally now, as opposed to nearly all the time when I saw him a few months ago.
After the doctor appointment, I picked up DMIL and we ran several errands. Then when we got home I tried, I really tried, to get some significant cleaning done last night. But after I did a little, I was really tired. I'm taking Friday off to do website work, and if necessary a bit of last minute cleaning.

We're supposed to get really SEVERE thunderstorms today. It's a line of storms stretching all the way from Canada to the Missouri (and maybe farther). I hope no one gets really severe, damaging or life threatening weather.

Ceejay - I'm glad work went well for you yesterday. Did you get big storms last night or are they still heading your way?

Laura - Doppler has a lump that's about the size of a golf ball, but the doc says it's a fatty tumor and not cancerous and with his diabetes, if it's not bothering him, the doc recommends against trying to remove it. He's had it for around 5 or 6 years. It hasn't gotten bigger and it doesn't bother him. Glad dinner with bf's mom was so yummy. Good for you for participating in Relay for Life! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather Friday night!

Annie - The brownies sound so good. Yummm. So good that Sam is feeling better. Good luck at the doc appt tomorrow morning. Enjoy your dinner with David tonight.

A big to Shad, Happy and Ellen!

Healing hugs to Mellie!

Time for this chick to go get some coffee!

Lots of love to all,
Old 06-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #130  

Another day another dollar as the saying goes. And it's the first day of SUMMER.

Annie
The brownies do sound yummie.

Michelle
I like good doctor's visits.

Laura, Happy and Ellen have a good day.

Speaking of doctor's visit's I have one on July 1 mainly for blood work. Also ned to call the dentist office to schedule a cleaning. Woke up this morning with a tummy ache. It felt like an elephant was standing on my stomach. It's much better now. I'm not used to the plant being this quiet.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #131  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - I love your new avatar! I really like butterflies! Sorry to hear you woke up with a tummy ache, but I'm glad you're already doing better. Hang in there.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #132  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I can't get on at work - we are having some issues with our internet service, apparently we are at capacity on the network so when you take that and add it with a site like this that sometimes can be slow to respond, it means pages sit forever.

I had a bit of a breakdown yesterday morning. I think it got triggered when we went to the open house Sunday afternoon. Looking around the house seeing it was staged, everything is taken out but the furniture. Nothing on the walls (no artwork), no decorations and of course nothing on any of the counters anywhere. It's like looking at a furniture showroom in which no one lives there. I knew going into this that I would have to pack up things from the shelves in the living room and get most of the stuff off the kitchen counters save for the coffee pot. There is so much to do here that it is getting overwhelming. Particularly being gone 10 hours a day. I am not a morning person and no matter how hard I try, I cannot get up at 4:30am like some of you hearty souls and get into the office at 6:30 or 7. Consequently I don't get home until after 6pm. Fix dinner, eat, spend a little time with the family and before you know it, it's 8pm. I am trying to get in bed by 11 as I have been tired lately so that doesn't leave alot of time to get things done. There is still the routine stuff like laundry and regular cleaning to be done. And you can't pack EVERYTHING away because we still have to live here for whomever knows how long. DH was very nice when I broke down, and Mom offered me one of her tranquilizers but I said no. At first DH said we were not moving the entire contents of this house up north - he is right we have too much stuff and need to pare down. But yesterday he said if it's too time consuming, just pack things up and we will store the boxes in the man cave and sort it when we get up north. Can have a garage sale or give it to Goodwill when we get there. He said to focus on getting as much out of here as possible in the easiest way possible for me. I was even thinking of cancelling our upcoming vacation because I felt that perhaps it would be better if I took the time off and applied it working at this house instead of the other one. He said that wasn't a very good idea and if anything, maybe we just come back a few days early. Besides, we are taking a trailer up there and he can't unpack and move everything himself or my cousin will find him laying on the deck collapsed in the sun. I'm ok now, sometimes I have to hit bottom before I can regroup myself. I guess I was the same way when we moved from Chicago to here.

Michelle - well that's good news that the doctor gave his blessing about you adding more exercise into your day. I hope you don't get too evil of storms today. Sure been getting alot of rain up your way. Hope you can get the house in good enough shape for your niece's visit. I can relate to your comment about getting tuckered out. Fly Lady the place and you'll be fine I'm sure - just don't try and go overboard, yah hear? I'm so glad you enjoyed the Fiddler on the Roof performance. And you didn't say anything about getting up to dance "If I were a rich man... " in the aisles, so I take it you behaved yourself? oopah! Oh and thanks for the F&F discount. I supported Kohl's big time as we bought a new set of cookware. I almost fainted when the bill rang up (almost a thousand dollars). The checker scanned the pots the first time and put them on the counter. When I slid the box across the counter to put it on the cart, I didn't realize that I slid the box in just the right way so the UPC bar code scanned again - ack double charge! We fixed it and that coupon sure did come in handy so thanks for passing it along.

Annie - hope David liked the brownies. Runners seem to be pretty dedicated to eating clean. People have told me that once they got into it, it felt so good that eating the good stuff just came naturally. An admirable trait. I'll bet you are anxious to find out the baby's sex. Is she getting one of those 3D ultrasounds where you can see the baby's face? To me, all newborns pretty much look alike But I can imagine it has to be a heart in the throat feeling to see your baby for the very first time. Annie - what road were you on with all the construction traffic? I am hoping it was not I55 as that's what we are taking up north in a couple of weeks.

Laura - your dinner sounds yummy. We have marinated shrimp in Italian dressing but I never though of doing the potatoes like that. I have all the ingredients and alot of potatoes to cook up so I may try that tonight with our meatloaf. Thanks for the idea! I really wish the Relay for Life and fund raising organizations would accept Pay Pal for payment This way I can use my slush fund and don't have to explain any credit card charges to DH who is usually good about stuff but you never know when it will turn into a "discussion" - you know what I mean? ) I understand what you are saying about the facial massage but I heard that all that pulling and tugging is supposed to rejuvenate things and snap them back into shape. I did a facial twice and didn't really care for it. Left me feeling rather greasy.

Ceejay - that's nice that you had a good time with the family this weekend. I agree about the heat and humidity just zapping the energy right out of you. How is the new car?

Ellen - oh boy - 3 birthdays - that's sure alot of cake! and other stuff you probably don't want to be eating within 3 days of one another Summer birthdays should be bbq chicken, fruit salad and maybe a little potato or pasta salad I actually got a great recipe from Kraft Foods for low fat pound cake, ff/sf vanilla pudding, sliced fresh berries - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and peaches topped with light Cool Whip topping. It was deliciously refreshing and light. I much preferred that over the heavy sugar based frostings. Jello has a red white and blue cake recipe something like that which is also a nice light summer dessert. Then again there's always booze filled slushies

Shad - have we lost you in the mines or are you wedged in the middle of that tiny classroom between 4 blokes? Thinking about you - haven't heard much from you so you are either super busy or in an internet dead zone.

Mel to you and Jen. Hope you are both doing well and that you are behaving yourself Missy. Glad you have a new library of stuff to keep you occupied and out of trouble for the moment. Sending you love and healing thoughts my friend

Ok guys, time to get a move on here. Have a good one.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #133  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Mainly busy, but also in a zone where the internet zips in and out depending on the why you breathe. Sneeze and it is gone. It's much better at 5.00am and not midnight.

And make that nine blokes in a room big enough for 4 plus 9 laptops and a data projecter. Thats me up the back trying to keep order. You can't see me unless you peer through the legs. This course was better than the last one - otherwise I may have gone down the mines and caused the blast.

Today - yep it is 12.35am or in 24hr time 0035. I need to get to bed. I am going to Townsville today and then home to Brisbane at the weekend. One more trip to Mackay the week after and I am done with travelling for a while -

Gotta go get some shut eye. Back in for personals at the weekend.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #134  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Awwww, poor thing. I know what you mean about the "staged house" look. When we looked at this house, there was nothing on the counters, and the only artwork on the wall were a couple family photo portraits. I look at how cluttered it is now, and I can't believe it. Books and bookcases, lots of knick knacks. Our house is way beyond FlyLady...and probably needs me to shop vac all the clutter away! I'm so sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. I know what you're going through. You have every right to feel that way. Moving is so stressful and can be very overwhelming! You are gone from the house so many hours each day, and with your mom visiting you want to spend time with her. And weekends are just not long enough. I can totally understand how you would like to be cloned (or at least have more hours in the day), just like I do. That's nice that your DH is willing to move the extra stuff up there and sort it out once you're there. Congrats on the new cookware! I'm glad the double charge got sorted out. I'm trying to figure out how to balance rehab'ing my back through exercise, with cleaning and website work. I have to fit it all in this week and don't know how to make it happen.

Shad - Unreliable internet and cramped working environment. I'm glad this course is going better than the last one. So nice that you get to go home for the weekend. Enjoy your trip to Townsville!

Laura - You're so good about keeping your blog up to date...and I've been feeling the need to journal (meaning not only track food, but track feelings and my progress) for a long time. So thanks for inspiring me to update my blog.

Last edited by diyana; 06-21-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #135  
Annie - Indiana

Happy....I70 Eastbound into Effingham, then I70 Eastbound into Terre Haute. Don't know about I55 as I do not travel it going to St. L. I am I70 all the way to 275 South around St. L. to the SW corner, exit Telegraph, into Oakville, MO. Keep your chin up girl, it will all fall into place, don't worry about it and take one day at a time, the move will go smoothly, wait and see....Hugs sista.

Holy Crap Shaddie...pray no one farts in that room...you will all die...hahahahaha

Chelle..more exercising, that should bring your spirits up. We have been having nasty weather also. Another storm rolling in tonight. Oh boy, can't wait. NOT.

Get wells to MELLIE.

Hi ya's to everyone.

Love and hugs

Ceejay...hope the tummy is feeling better. I get tummy aches all the time, and man it takes it out of me.