Old 06-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #76  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies -

I just sent y'all a PM. I tried using the email address for Mel that Shad provided, but it got rejected? Did I have a typo?

If someone could PM me the email addy again, I'd really appreciate it.

I just ordered her a couple travel DVDs, as well as a classic comedy one (with all the classic TV shows: Honeymooners, I love Lucy, etc.).

I've got to get back to the website work. I'll try and post more later.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

A very hot Saturday. I'm ready for that cold front that is slowly making it way down South.
I've done absolutely nothing this week end.

Thanks for Mel's address Happy. It's the same one that I found on White Pages dot com. Enjoy spending time with Mom.

Michelle
Have you gotten a lot done on the web sight work?

I didn't have my uncle this morning but there was a spider in my kitchen sink. I drowned it. However I did let out a yelp.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #78  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Yeah, sorry gang. I thought my memory was good for that so I wrote it rather than look it up. Silly me. Should know that of all things that I have mislaid, I miss my mind the most.

Went out to Coppabella this morning and although the car made deep tracks in the mud, it didn't stick, but my boots did. Now I will have to scrub them up after tonights training session.

Annie, I miss having Mel as our social secretary reminding me of birthdays etc. but I hope yours is exciting and happy and that there are heaps more of them.

It's darn cold out here at the moment. Unseasonably cold. We normally have cool to cold mornings and then it warms up, but at the moment it is not warming up much, so I am quite happy that I can sit here in my wee room and turn the air con to heat. Although I have to admit that the office this morning was nice and warmed up for me. And the guys had real coffee waiting for me even if it was cappucino rather than my usual black. They tell me they don't know how to make black coffee.

Okay, better make the most of my time here and go sort out the travel diary and my worksheet and then get on with doing some stuff for the next manual.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #79  

Shad
You drive in the most awful road conditions which shows that you are very good driver.

Annie
I'm not sure when your birthday is. I've been depending on Mel. Happy birthday.
-------
The cold front finally made it through our area last night. The lights flickered at my house so I got up to see what was going on outside. The tree's were dancing and the wind was also blowing dust. The sky looked horrible. But there were no warnings of any kind. We got very little rain but we did get cooler air.

I'm back to work this morning.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #80  

Height: 5'5"

good morning ladies! I'm just hanign out here at work. very sleepy this morning so I am glad that it is still kinda slow, but a bad way to start off a 12 hr day. I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee...I think I just need and IV drip that may jump start me today.

Not much going on otherwise. My brother has been watching the kiddies while I work these last few days since DH has been working 18hr days getting ready for his dept review this week. Laundry was mostly caught up...only a load or two to finish.

I'm watching my 3 younger brothers and sister for 3 days will pick them up tonight after work then bring them home on Wednesday. Mom and Dad are taking a short trip.

then I think Thursday my sister, sil and mom are going to have my sister try on my wedding dress again and see if it fits. Hopefully it does, I know my sis does not want to shell out for a brand new dress.

Well, I need to get back to work. hope everyone has a great weekend and the week goes smoothly for everyone.

Luv and Hugs!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #81  

Morning all,

Have an idea that I might follow up for Mel - came from Happys letter from Jen on the PM's. Maybe since all you people have sent something, I can do this myself, but will need someone to pick it out for me since our electrics are different from yours.

I was thinking of a mid range MP3 player or Ipod for her so she can download stories and things from the computer and listen to them while she is doing other things or resting as she should be. Anyone got any ideas on price or type? I may rope Carla in to this since she expressed interest in doing something as well. I know you are lurking out there darnit!!!!

I'm in my wee hut today trying to work and not having much success. Much of the stuff that I am trying to do, I can't get hold of remotely. It's a pain, but I don't want to pack up and go to a mine somewhere since I probably won't get much done there either. I will just have to try and wing it. I'm also doing my washing, tidying my room and having a cup of tea. Interesting life I lead hey? As for being a good driver, well I have done a lot of it and mostly have escaped being hit by someone or even me hitting someone so I can't be too bad. The roads out here have all been affected by drought followed by the bad flooding they had back in January/ February and they are just starting to recover. Lots of roadworks around the place.

Annie - I hope your birthday celebrations are going well and that 'everything' is coming up to expectation. You deserve some fun in your life. You work too hard.

Michelle - Hope you got all the website work done and are free for a while. The money will always come in handy. I should get you to set one up for me called Hardhats and Handbags or B*stards I have met or something. Then you could all follow the ramblings of my daily life of wizards and wonky donkeys. Nah on the other hand, I would probably forget the ramblings in my usual haphazard fashion.

Ceejay - seems America is having the same sort of rotten summer that we had - floods, storms, ice, hail, bush fires and general havoc and destruction. It is so sad to see all these people out of their home, out of luck and all insurance companies running the other way to avoid paying out.

Ellen - Nice of the brother to watch the kiddos for you. So the sister is going to wear your gown. Nice tradition that. Hope it fits and becomes a family tradition. The cost of gowns is ginormous in todays world. And so many people shell out for it and wear it once. What a waste.

Anyway, I'd better get off here, check out facebook and get on with the day. The dryer must be almost finished by now. I should race up to the laundry and pick it up and not be the rotten person who leaves it sitting in the drier as so many did before me so that someone who comes along has to empty out others stuff before they can dry their ow. Rant for the day.

I've attached a couple of pictures. The first is a view of the rooms they give us at camp. They aren't too bad and are all ensuite so there isn't communal showers etc.
The second is a view of Peak Downs. The red fields are dried up sunflowers. They must have looked a sight a couple of months ago. There is still the occasional bunch of parrots hanging around.
Mmm the resize thing doesn't seem to be working.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Home Sweet Home.jpg (22.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Peaks and Sunflowers.jpg (18.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Shad; 06-12-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #82  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Chicklets....yes, the birthday celebrations have gone on all week. Thank you for all the great bd wishes...I will post tomorrow about all the excitement.....I had such a marvelous weekend.

xooxo
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #83  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Quick run in for me. Don't know where the weekend went but it flew by and it's back to work again. Enjoying my time with Mom. DH is working like a crazy man.

Shad - can't see more than a tiny thumbnail on the shots. But picked up the pics on FB so we at least got to see something. That field of sunflowers would probably have been gorgeous.

Annie - glad you had a great weekend. Can't wait to hear the details.

Ellen - hope your dress fit sis, great to recycle those things.

Ceejay - we got the same thing with the storms - alot of noise, a good bit of dark but not much rain either. We could use it.

Michelle - hope you didn't spend the entire weekend working - although didn't you say you are taking today off to finish up?

Laura - how did book club go?

Sorry for the rush - seems like I am always on the run and behind lately.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #84  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETS!!!!

What a wonderful birthday weekend......Saturday was great. David arrived around 2 pm. We then went to Target' (the fench store...haha) to get me a new alarm clock. Came back and got ready to go to the French restaurant..Petite Chou by Patachou. I had...

CHICKEN PAILLARD
Served with your choice of one of our side dishes and our housebaked baguette.
Seared, flattened, free-range chicken breast served with
your choice of either a lemon-scented pan sauce or a traditional mustard....I had the mustard sauce...topped with baby arugula and shaved parmesan...so so delish!!
The waitress brought a small cup of whipped cream, made from real cream..yum with a 8" high, 1" round, fire sputting firework candle...so cool.
After that we walked around Clay Terrace a bit then went for a short drive to see the house he is selling. OMGoodness it is so beautiful. Then back to my house for dessert..wink wink....
We got up Sunday morning at 5, as I had to be at work at 6:30, he went home. Came back at 4 pm on his motorcycle and picked me up to go meet dad, brother, SIL, Sissy, nephew and his GF at Red Lobster. I had shrimp on the skewer and scallops...YUM!!...then dad and I (since we share the same birthday) were serenaded by the wait staff and family. Two scoops of vanilla ice cream with chocolate and carmel topping, two candles.
Back to the house, David was leaving as my SIL pulled into the driveway. She and I sat out on the patio in back and had margaritas. Was in bed by 9:30. What a wonderful weekend.
Shaddie...nice chatting with you on FB last night. You are working way too hard these days. When you lull in work comes, you will certainly need it. Great pix also.
Happy...don't run to fast, you might miss the bus....have a great day, girlie...
Gotta get busy...9 am staff meeting and it is like 8 minutes till the hour.
Hello's to all...get well to MELLIE....
Love and hugs

annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #85  

Annie
What a nice birthday week end!

Shad
An IPod or MP3 player would be a great gift for Mel. I'll be glad to help you out with this. Not sure what brand you have in mind though.

Happy
These week ends are very short aren't they! I think I'll be due another vacation day soon.

-----
My sis mentioned that we need to have a family get together soon. My nephews and neices haven't seen each other in a long time. I'm not sure whether my neice in California will be able to make it. It would be a lot of fun. The three of us would need to work out the plans. I'ld like to meet in Branson and catch some shows.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #86  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

DH and I get all our electronics from Tiger Direct. They offer the best prices. Also, DH is an outstanding shopper for electronics...always finding a great deal on quality stuff. He and I will look for an Ipod for Mel....do we need one that does videos? Or would music/audio books, etc. be enough?

I'll send back some options to y'all.

Love and hugs,
Michelle
Old 06-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #87  

Don't know much about them Michelle. Thanks ceejay for the thought. I can't see that she would want a video player - those things are small - at least I thought they were and her eyes are not good either.

What I was thinking of was something easy to upload music and audio books and fairly small that she can hang around her neck or whatever. I'm not sure our bank balances go to an IPad or book reader or whatever - anyway the idea is that she listens and doesn't try to read.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #88  

Morning all.

Michelle - My brother would watch mom's dog if not for certain obstacles - severe knee and transportation problems, among other issues. I haven't been out to visit for two years now - I'd been hoping during the period when she didn't have a dog to get her to come visit us, but nope. Maybe later this year I'll get out there. Now that I've used up all my freq flyer miles, I might try to find a good deal and fly out of Midway to the Branson airport - see if that's less expensive than the usual UA or AA flights from ORD to SGF. Yeh, I'm actually getting a taste for fruits & veggies now that it's getting warmer (I think, lol). I bought a watermelon and bf, doggie and I have been enjoying that!

Shad - Glad you didn't get stuck in the muddy roads! Fingers crossed for your continued safe travels. Hope you get enough quality sleep to keep you healthy!! I could just see Mel being featured in one of Obama's town hall meetings - wouldn't she be great? - and it could all start with a call from you!

Ceejay - Hope you're well-rested and the sinuses/allergies are under control now.

Annie - Sounds like a very nice b-day weekend you had!! Your fancy meal sounded delish!

Happy - Yeh, I get how the errands outside the house really break up the momentum of home projects. Hope you managed to get some work done in spite of that. Did you find the terry-lined shower caps for your mom?? I have a stock of the cheapo freebies from my hotel stays.

Ellen - You've got quite a brood to watch over now w/ the younger siblings thrown in too. So you've got quite an age gap w/ your siblings - we had a talk about that during our book club because a couple members have large gaps like that. Hope your sis can wear your wedding dress. Despite never being married and no plans for it, I still get sucked into that show "Say Yes to the Dress" and am always shocked how much money brides spend on their gowns!!! Seems like a shame for those beautiful gowns to only be worn once, so I'm all for passing them on.

Mel - If you're being read these messages - Feel better soon sweetie!!

My weekend: Fri night, just a dog walk and some TV on my own since bf was helping a friend buy a car. Went to the circuit class Sat. morning and it was so hard for me to get through - I think the humidity wasn't helping matters. I also dragged on doggy's walk. Shopped for and made choco dipped strawberries for book club. Not the goat cheese dip I'd thought about making. So I get there and someone else had also made the berries (she said "That's what I get for not posting what I plan on bringing.")- but mine were larger and therefore more impressive, haha. Actually, Aldi had a great sale on the strawberries and I bought 3- 1 lb. packages and cherry-picked the best ones for dipping (mixing up my fruit metaphores or plain old references, lol.) I'm sure they all taste the same, although I used bakers chocolate and not choc chips or the mystery stuff made just for dipping - I'm sure that's chock full of hydrogenated oils, etc.

Book club was good, but I ate too much. Not a huge selection of stuff (no veggies!), and I kept my portions reasonable, which was good, but the desserts still did me in. The discussion was good - our host had printed off some discussion questions, so we actually spent more than the usual time on book stuff and not kids, etc.

Breakfast Sunday morning was also highly caloric, as my tracking showed. When I go out for breakfast - usually once every couple months - I tend to order food I don't eat otherwise (corned beef hash, for one thing), so it's not in me to just order oatmeal or cereal. But I do pay the price in calories. But my friend and I had a really good chat, so I enjoyed myself.

Yesterday was sunny, so I was happy about that. Picked up dog piles and twigs/branches in back before bf mowed. Took a dog walk by the creek. Did a wee bit of weeding and trimming of the shrubs, but not nearly enough. Having woken up early all weekend, I got to bed early last night.

Okay, enough rambling. Back to work. This is cleanup week for the office. Our department has no plans to do much because we did a pretty good cleanup back in Sept when we had to make room for the other half of our dept to move in. I will, however, make some time to clean off my worksurface so it looks like I actually did something. They have told us that heaters or "similar electrical devices" will be removed by the landlord if found in our office space - wonder if my fan falls into that category? I'll put it away until I really need it.

TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 06-13-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #89  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - I totally agree with you about Kindles and other book readers being out...since she usually needs to rest her eyes. I can only speak for myself that an IPad isn't in the range of my bank account. I also agree with you about Ipod video players. Audio is the way to go. I'll see what I can find and let y'all know. I'll try and keep the choices fairly small, lightweight and easy.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #90  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi ladies -

I just sent a PM regarding MP3 players. If we want players that are iTunes compatible, we probably have to go with an Apple product. Otherwise, she can download books/music from Amazon.com.

Love and hugs,
Michelle