3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldlies Jitterbug through June

Old 06-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #31
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi kids,

Ugh. Work, work, work might energize Annie but I am dead tired. Did nothing but yard and housework this week. This moving stuff is going to get old very fast. DH announced that in order to save money on moving expenses he intends to move as much of this house as possible though the use of my cousin's trailer, leaving only the large furniture items for the moving truck. Some ideas are good but not always practical. This sounds like one of them. I say this because despite our eagerness to get out of here, we still need to live here and conduct a routine life. DH would be happy to live off paper plates and out of 1 suitcase of clothes. We will see how this goes. In the meantime, I will get dressed and go to job number 1. It should be a quiet week, boss is travelling with one of the cohorts, another is on vacation, but then again, they don't mix much with the minions anyway. The one remaining mgr said he will be the only one in the office this week, I looked at my partner and said - guess that means either we are invisible as we suspected or we've been given the week off and not told about it wouldn't that be a nice surprise she agreed wholeheartedly.

Gotta go get an attitude check, can you tell Check back later peeps.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #32
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey ya chicklets........

Yesterday at CVS was straining. I had to work upstairs in the overstock room for 3 hours. It was like a sweat shop up there. Hotter than 3 kinds of h*ll. Altho I think it did my cold/sinuses good cause I woke up this morning feeling pretty good and head is mostly cleared out. I don't usually sweat much, but I was dripping. Had to come home and take a shower.

Grilled out chicken and corn on the cob for dinner. Was going to go to bed but fell asleep in the lazyboy after cleaning up the kitchen. Woke up and it was midnight, then went to bed. Woke up at 2:20 am and have been awake since. I tried everything to get back to sleep. Crazy!

Hot and humid here in Indy. If I could do nothing but hang out by the pool/beach/lake...water in general, it would be perfect. This work thing and bills just put a damper on it.

Gotta get busy, everyone have a marvelous day.

Loves and hugs

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #33
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm so crazy busy at work today....it's not even funny. And to make matters worse...my head is foggy! Aaaargh! DH left for Springfield, MO today. He'll be back Thursday night or Friday. DMIL is at our house this week, which is good because we're having a big booming t'storm right now, and she can keep the doggies calm. She'll go to her sister's next week.

DMIL fell on Saturday morning and hit her head on the cement patio. We took her to urgent care right away and she's fine, except for a big, big goose egg bruise on her forehead that's now sliding down her face and giving her a black eye. She's really sore all over too, shoulders, back, wrist, etc. But thankfully, it wasn't MUCH worse.

I'll try and check in later when I have time to post more.

Love and big, big hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #34

Morning all. Just a quick hello.

Weekend was good - hit several stores Friday night, finally got my veggie patch in on Saturday. Tilled, added a bag of compost, tilled again, laid weed cloth, planted, put up the little fence around it, watered. Bf & I met a friend for dinner on Sat. night which was nice. Had my blood donation on Sun. AM, and went to TJ's afterwards. Got four pots planted w/ flowers Sun aft. Finished my book club book last night, only to see an e-mail this morning saying that the woman who was supposed host book club this Saturday has cancelled. We'll see what happens. Maybe I should volunteer to fill in - get my hosting duty over with, and only have less than a week to obsess and worry about it, LOL.

Okay, I'll have to catch up on your posts and get back here for personals later on, if possible.

TTFN!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #35
Some days not so much

ok chicks. The pool man is coming tomorrow to open it up for the season. Usually the pool "men" are just a bunch of dorky kids so don't be thinking Igor/Sven here. We have to let the chemicals settle in and stabilize so by Thursday we could all be sitting up on the patio area getting our just reward It's supposed to be very close to 100 degrees every day for the next 3 months so the water should warm up rather quickly. And my Mom is coming Thursday for a nice long 21 day visit. While she is no Igor, she is a very funny, extremely fiesty, no filters whatsoever highly entertaining one minute, drive you up the wall the next minute 84 year old fireball. I'm sure you will enjoy her company. I have several coolers, a bag of ice is a 5 minute ride down the street and we have lots of bottled water and Coke products. If you want diet, bring your own or snitch some of Mom's Diet Sunkist Orange or Rootbeer at your own risk Actually she'd be the first to offer some up. DH decided that Amaretto poured over chilled watermelon is pretty darn good so we have some booze and frothy, icy drinks available to us.

It certainly sounds like everyone is spinning out of control and could certainly use a little downtime and recreation. Thought I would offer it up because we'll be out of here this year. When we originally wallpapered our kitchen, there was a mixup with the order and we wound up going with another vendor. We needed a border to finish off one of the bedrooms and when DH was looking for something else, came across the original kitchen border. Darn if it isn't the PERFECT thing for the bedroom - and it's free because we already paid for it. And he got a letter in the mail that they miscalculated his pension and it should be more than it was (I thought it was sort of chintzy for someone with over 25 years of service but they diddled around with the pensions before). So we'll be getting a few much needed extra dollars in the wallet. The house is really looking nice, wish we had done some of this sooner so we could have enjoyed it. But while we had the conversation many times, the motivation was not there. Now, as for the renovated bath - what a pain. We now know that the contractor is not only a goober, but a liar and a slippery eel. You can't get in touch with him, he gives you lip service that someone will show up when no one does and this - as I feared - is just dragging out. The subcontractors he hires are simply laborers with no knowledge of how to do something properly or neatly. We had hoped this would be done by the time Mom came down because her knees are bad and it would have been much easier for her to stay on the main floor. But that is DH's battle to fight - and he is getting mad already.

Ceejay - a black widow is bad enough but a brown recluse is much more dangerous. I would have run out of the uncle's house screaming!!!! Good thing he got it and you didn't get bitten. Glad you had a nice visit. I'm sure it ended too soon.

Laura - sounds like you had a very productive weekend. I say go with the book club hosting and get it out of the way. As our bookclub was petering out, we decided to just do cheese and fruit and crackets to minimize the fuss.

Michelle - OMG - poor DMIL. My BF's Mom got tripped by their dog and she took a fall like that. Her whole face bruised on one side - it was something awful to look at. I hope she will be ok. What a scare!!!! Probably good she is not travelling right now and can keep the pups calm. Seems like you guys are getting an awful lot of thunderstorms lately. Bad ones too.

Annie - geez, I can only imagine how nasty it must have been in the stuffy stockroom. I guess it's good that you sweat it out - at least it wasn't made worse with all the dust and such. I told DH I was frustrated with the sleep like you - you go to bed to get rest and then wake up from 2am on. Or maybe I just caught insomnia from you

Shad - sounds like they need to rename the training room the downstairs lounge since you can't get a proper signal there You paint an interesting picture of life on the road. It's a crazed life you lead - I think people really underestimate how difficult and challenging training can be.

Mel - sending you some and good wishes. Sent you a letter on Saturday, hope you will get it soon.

Ellen - it's so warm down here that it's hard to get "cool" water much less cold so maybe you are right, people's hot water tank could have gone out and they wouldn't have noticed it

One of my guilty pleasures after swimming is I have DH rinse me off with the garden hose. The water is nice and warm from laying in the sun and it feels so nice (unless it's really hot out and the water is 150 degrees sitting for hours in a black hose) then when it gets cool again, I hose him off.

OMG - I am sooooo sleepy even though I had a cup of coffee and a Coke already. Had some OJ and some water so I'm definitely not thirsty. I think this heat is draining. Wow, it's even 83 degrees up at the compound. Everyone is hot I guess. Except Shad who is at the tail end of autumn down there. Maybe working on my monthly reports will wake me up You think? I didn't think so either See yahs later...
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #36
Annie - Indiana

Happy, best quit teasing me with the pool. I know it is Sven, Igor and Berto coming to open the pool, you just don't want to share. Don't be surprised if you come home from work one night and I am already in the pool swimming. I will however have the grill going prior to your arrival, your momma and I will be having a nice glass of sun tea. xoxoxo

Old 06-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #37
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

You girls make me laugh. I need a break. I've been busy all day trying to catch up on the paper work. We have other's in training for this paper work but the boss seems to want mine.

Annie
Glad you survied the stock room.

Michelle
Ouch for the mil's fall. Glad she is home with the doggies.

Laura
I'm with Happy go ahead and have the book club meeting and get it over with.

It's another hot one today. It's not even July and we've started pumping 1.9 million for the past couple of day's. I'm almost sure we'll get 2.0 million today.
More later--gotta finish the paper work and shred some other documents. It's last month's paper work that we've let the trainee's use. Can't have two copies laying around.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #38
Some days not so much

Ceejay - them wanting your paperwork is punishment for you being the only one who does it right and on time - haven't you figured that out yet?

Annie- wouldn't surprise me in the least to see you in the yard. Just beware, Momma will be telling you how to make sun tea and that you are doing it wrong, even though she has no idea what sun tea is and how to make it
Old 06-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #39
Annie - Indiana

Ha ha Happy....there would be a great conversation between me and momma....lol...

Ceejay....bah humbug on paperwork....just stick out your tongue...lol.

Chelle...sorry about the MIL fall....dang it anyways...working on more books, but now it is down to read at this end to have the spare to send....we are slow....seems I have little time to read.

Shaddie....that job is keeping you way too busy! and the nonsense...a training room that doesn't work...blah.

MELLIE..in case someone is reading to you...love and hugs and a HUGE GET WELL>....love you chickie.

Laura....don't fret over posts, we are all busy this time of year..just keep us up to date sista!.

Song on mind....You know I need your love.........It's been you, woman, right down the line....

Later gaters, gotta get groceries in from the trunk before they rot....lol.

Love and hugs

Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #40
Annie - Indiana

http://www.indypoledancers.com/classes.html

Thinking about these classes, what do you think? lol....might be fun....LMAO

Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #41

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all.
Today I am at Blair Athol. It's a coal mine (open cast) in the Central Highlands of Queensland. The reception sucks as far as the computer goes, but the people are warm (its 26C) and friendly (one asked me for a date tonight) and black (the air is full of coal dust).

Can some one tell me why IT would set up the offices in these minesites with lots of data points around the place. Lots of them. However only one works. It's a real pain, so after I finish here tonight, I will go into town (2 streets, 4 pubs and a church and post office mostly - oh and the bakery is good and see if I can get a hub to set up all the computers (if there is a computer store). Then we might get to train more than one at a time.

Anyway, I spoke to Chris from Japan last night. She is fine - it's her birthday soon. But Skype cut us off several times and I decided we had had enough. I will try
Old 06-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #42
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I've got to get 5 or 6 documents ready for a meeting this afternoon. Sometimes I think it takes longer to do the administrative paperwork than it does to do the actual development work! Anyway, I'm going to have to keep this short, even though I very much want to write longer personals.

It's hot up here, with temps in the mid to upper 90s and humid...bringing the heat index to over 100. I went to the gym after work and did an hour of water aerobics, which was wonderful! Happy, when we come down to your place to use your pool, I show y'all the water aerobics moves I've learned.

DH said he had a long, hot drive to Springfield, MO, but luckily the hotel's air conditioning works. He said that even though Springfield is 75 miles away from Joplin, there was still evidence of damage from the tornado that hit Joplin two weeks ago. Today he's going to a small town just outside of Joplin, and he's wondering how much of it will still be standing.

Laura - I agree with the rest, host the book club this weekend and get it over with.

Happy - That totally sucks that the contractor is a real slime ball. Aaargh, that would make me so mad. Good news about your DH's pension though and the border for the bedroom.

Annie - Glad you survived the hot, stuffy stockroom. Stay cool, sista. As for pole dancing aerobics, I've never tried that...but I have done a cardio strip class. (It was women only, and we kept our clothes on.) It was a great workout, a lot of fun and very funny.

Ceejay - Happy's right, brown recluse spiders are worse than black widows. I learned that after I was bit by a brown recluse spider about 15 years ago. I went to the doctor because the spot on my arm where it bit me was developing a "hole". I won't go into more detail than that in case some are eating when they read this. Anyway, suffice to say that the doc put me on medicine and told me that if the tissue turned black, to go to the ER. It's all good now. It healed up, but it was quite a scare that I could lose my arm. I now just have a small scar from the bite.

Shad - I'm glad the people are nice and friendly. Did you say "yes" to the date? That place sounds like Milwaukee with twice as many pubs as streets and churches! Good luck finding a computer store and a hub. DH runs into similar problems in the rural areas. So this time, he brought plenty of spare parts with him. I'm glad to hear that Chris is doing well.

Ellen - I hope you and the kids are staying cool in this heat.

Mel - Hope you are feeling better!

Well, gotta get back to the documents and meeting prep.

Love and big hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 06-07-2011 at 07:48 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #43

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!

Just a quick drive by for me. Kids are all home from school so we need to hit the gound running. Have to finally plough thru the girls clothes and try to catch up laundry as well. Hoping to have the house cleaned up and straightend out by friday.

Work last night was busier, so it was good and the hours flew by. unlike sat and sun, both just dragged on forever.

Have a great day ladies!

Take each day as it comes!

First Mini Goal

upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #44

Height: 5'5"

oh, forgot to say ... I let the dog out this morning and it is already hot and muggy...so much for hoping to turn the air off soon.

Take each day as it comes!

First Mini Goal

upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #45

Morning all.

Ellen - I went out with the dog this morning to water the veg patch and the dog was definitely waiting for me to finish so he could go back in, LOL! About 48 more hours of this, then cooler weather to come. Glad work went by more quickly yesterday - that helps tremendously.

Michelle - Yeh, I'm sure the pool felt nice last night! Sorry to hear about DMIL's fall! Hope the lump and bruises fade quickly. Safe travels to DH!!

Annie - At least the heat in the overstock area seemed to sweat out your illness! Gross as it is to get all sweaty, I think it does release your body of toxins and is good for the skin. I think a pole dancing class would be fun - anything that makes exercise more enjoyable...

Shad - Sorry the IT environments are lacking out in the field locations you're visiting and making your job just that much more difficult. Glad the people are nice. Are you going on the date?

Ceejay - Hope you're caught up with the paperwork - what a PITA. I have to provide input for a monthly operating report today/tomorrow, but it's gotten easier since we've been instructed not to put the minutiae in there, LOL.

Happy - spiders!!! Of any kind - so glad I don't see any of the really bad ones around here. Sorry the experience w/ the subcontractors/laborers turned out to be awful. Finding good people is soooo difficult. I guess that's why all the "Angie's List" and similar services come to be. Yay for being able to use the border!! A pool sounds so good about now...but come Thursday I think Ellen and I might not need a pool for a few days seeing as a cold front will be coming through. If the weathermen aren't wrong about that.

Mel - You feeling any better? Hope you're staying cool and stress free. Sending my get well wishes!

Nothing much to report. When I checked e-mail at home after work, a book club e-vite had already been received showing the host had been changed to our newest member, so I'm off the hook for now. Dinner was tacos, yum. Didn't exercise, so I'll go tonight. No e-mail has appeared re movie night tonight - yet - but I'm going to send our leader a quick e-mail telling her I'm skipping this week regardless. Trying to get back to food tracking with My Fitness Pal...

Oh, did I report that our router is dead again? Bf is researching new ones. Having the ability to get Netflix streaming video through our blueray/dvd player, it will be nice to have a newer technology/faster router.

TTFN!!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.