Worldlies Jitterbug through June

You're on Page 11 of 16
Go to
  • I am here. Had my review today...I came out ok on it. I am happy with my rating.

I just really don't have much to say, I am still reeling from the David thing, right now I just want to punch him right in the nose. Skinny b*stard.
  • Annie - Congrats on your review! Yay!! As for David, he's not even worth thinking about. What a b*stard. What a freakin' a**hole. I'd like to give him a good swift kick MUCH LOWER than the nose.
  • I'm here. Feels like it should be Friday already.

Ceejay - i agree w/ Michelle - you always feel better after you exercise, so just do it!

Michelle - That stinks that dh's vehicle got broken into. It's your Friday, so happy Friday to you! Hope you squeeze in some fun between cleaning and website work!

Annie - Yeh, go ahead and curse the heck out of this guy and wish him bad Karma, etc. Get him out of your system, and then stop wasting your valuable time on him. Glad the performance review turned out good.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies.

Yesterday I took doggy for a walk, then drove to the hair salon for my appt. I knew right away something wasn't right - I was the only car in front! The salon had no power due to the area outages, so it was closed. Someone took my name and number and just contacted me today after lunch to reschedule. Unfortunately, my appt isn't until Monday evening. I kind of wanted my touch-up before my friend's graduation party on Saturday. Since her dh passed away last year, she's been reconnecting with a bunch of our old friends & bf's from our HS days and some of them might be at her party!! You know you want to look halfway decent for those occasions! Oh well. I'll be presentable, with or without the touchup... Anyway, if the only things this storm has done to me is make me miss part of a movie and a hair appointment, then I have a lot to be grateful for.

Feeling a bit tired. I've been waking up around 5:15-5:30 am each day - not by my choice! I think I wake up when our neighbor leaves for work - our bedroom is on the side of the house closest to our neighbor's garage and driveway. I don't actually fully wake up hearing their garage door raising or his pickup pulling out, but I'm sure it disrupts my sleep enough for me to realize I have to go to the bathroom. At that point it's late enough for me to have trouble falling back asleep before my usual wake up time of 6:00 am. It's not much by itself, but after a whole week of that, maybe combined with some nights of getting to bed too late...it all adds up by the end of the week. Boo.

I probably won't post tomorrow because I'm taking a half-day of vacation and then gathering all my stuff for the Relay for Life that evening. Everyone have a wonderful Friday/Saturday/weekend.
  • Laura - Bummer that you can't get a touch-up hair appt until after your friend's graduation party. That sucks about waking up before your alarm every day. You should tell your neighbor to go to work later! Enjoy your half day off and the Relay for Life tomorrow!

Well, just about time to head to physical therapy. I'll try and post tomorrow while I'm on the computer doing website work.

Hope you all have a great evening!

Love and hugs,
  • I'm here too. Decided that I'd post in the afternoon instead of morning. I'm on my computer at home. In fact I may wait till I get home to get on my computer for personal use due to the non sense at work.

I've been moving shelves from the living room to my office in order to prepare for a new piece of furniture-rocker/recliner. Now I need to purchase some L brackets to secure them as they are not very steady

For some reason I have severe sinus drainage today. I've taken a ClaritinD so we'll see how fast it works. My throat is half way sore too. I'm thinking the nicer change in weather is the culprit. It's perfect weather this week and I've been outside more.
    --------
    Annie
    Yeah for the good review. Sometimes I wish for a punching bag for these instances.

Michelle
    It's a shame that your DH's truck was vandalized. Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Laura
    Bummer on the hair appointment being cancelled because of the power outage. Will you walk or run in the Relay for Life?

Hello's to Happy and Ellen.
  • You girls are THEE very best.....I truly mean it. As I was working at CVS tonight, I kept getting this OMG I just want to beat the h*ll out of that Fkr. I can't help it, he makes me so mad and has no idea how close to death he really is...lol. I know I will never see him again and never have the opportunity to just wallop on him, but why am I so angry? I have not felt this way since the x-dh. I guess I am just feeling some of the hurt and pain that I experience with x-dh. I don't know, maybe I am just babbling and tired and need to go to bed. Long day tomorrow, both jobs again. Have mercy on anyone that crosses my path lopsided. lol
  • I'm sorry you were hurt Annie but I don't quite understand your reaction to David. Not that I am condoning whatever he said but wait a minute - didn't you call one guy Snaggletooth because he had a chipped tooth and you admitted that you just couldn't get yourself to like him because you could not get over his crooked teeth. Didn't you call one guy Stubby Fingers (and not in a good way) because of his physical attributes. And another who was just a few years older than you (and younger than me, Mel and Shad) you declared that although he was a nice guy, you just couldn't date an OLD man? How do you think these guys would have felt to hear how you talked about them? Or don't your words sometimes hurt too?

Maybe it's a good time for me to take a break from the computer. I have way too much to get done in the upcoming days and this might be the perfect time to pack away the TV (not that I've watched much of anything) and the computer for a while.

I'll check back later. Y'all take care of yourselves.
  • Happy, you are so right, but I NEVER said anything negative to those guys to hurt them or make them feel badly....maybe I am justifying my actions...however I would never purposely hurt someone. And yes, my words would of hurt them...but I would NEVER hurt someone on purpose. And yes, my words can hurt as badly as someone elses..
  • Thanks for putting me in my place and feeling worse than I did...I guess I derseved it....goodnite.
  • Happy Friday ladies -

TGIF! Something we can all be very happy, thrilled, and excited about!! Almost time for the weekend party people (whether that means the website party, the cleaning or packing party, or the CVS'ing party). Let's enjoy each day like it's a party!!

DH's window is fixed, the dirt has been delivered for our landscaping projects, DH's new GPS will be delivered today. All is good here!

I can't be on here long as I have lots of website work to do, not to mention housecleaning (yes, please, let's not mention it).

Annie - I totally understand the pain and anger you feel towards David's comments. I think, especially when dating someone, there needs to be sparks on several levels (mental, emotional and of course physical). And, for you, it just wasn't there with the three guys Happy mentioned. Happy's right...it might've hurt those guys to hear how you talked about them...but they didn't hear. You were very kind and just told them you weren't interested in being more than friends or in continuing to date them. You would NEVER say anything to hurt anyone or make them feel badly about themselves. You are a kind woman and don't deserve the kind of verbal attack that David or your ex did to you.

Back when I was dating (especially through personal ads - which is how DH and I met), I had plenty of guys be not interested in me - but only a few told me it was because of my weight or how I looked. Those were the hardest to take, the rejections TO MY FACE based on my physical attributes - some that were unchangeable and some that I was working on changing.

Even DH doesn't like me to be this heavy...and he has said so many times, but I believe him when he tells me it's because he doesn't want me to die...and that he still finds me attractive, even when I don't find myself attractive.

Happy - I hope you don't stay away long. We understand you're very busy, but we do love to hear from you and want to keep up to date with all the goings on in your life.

Shad - We hope you come back too. Are you super busy or in an area with no computer service? I know all the traveling and training have got to be taking their toll on you.

Mel - Hope you are continuing to get better!

Ceejay - Are you enjoying your relaxing weekend yet?

Laura - Good for you for doing the Relay! Have a great weekend!

Website work is beckoning (or is that bellowing)!

Here's to a fabulously happy weekend for all of us! Let's make the most of these 2 or 3 days away from the grind!

Love you all,
  • Morning all - quick post.

Michelle - Hope the PT session went well. It's so great you've made strides in the pain dept, and that you're learning safer movements for your back that allow you to be more active! Go girl!

Ceejay - Has the rocker/recliner been delivered yet? Sounds comfy. Good luck re-installing the shelves elsewhere. We need some storage in our 3-season room - that's where we store a lot of stuff, but we either put it on the floor or on one of those long party tables which we only intended to use for the occasional party buffet but ended up keeping up year round because we don't have anyplace else to put the stuff... Need some nice cubbies or something. I hope the sinuses give you a break. I'm just walking in the Relay. It's not like one of those events where it's a race, or where you commit to walk or run a certain distance. You and your team just walk around a track as much or as little as you want, no requirements. There are special laps for survivors, caregivers, etc. and theme laps that sound like fun. I'll try and walk a good amount tonight because I've been such a slacker with exercise this week!

Annie - Words really can hurt, so I get your anger. I hope it passes quickly - life's too short to carry around those feelings. Thoughts are one thing, but actually saying something and how it's said are quite another. I wish you lived closer - bf has a punching bag in the basement you could vent on! Don't work too hard today/tonight.

Happy - I'll miss your posts if you pack away the computer, but I totally understand that the tv and computer can be huge time-eaters. Enjoy the rest of your mom's visit and I hope you have a productive weekend packing up the house.

Shad - Safe travels, and enjoy your time back at home!

Hellos to Ellen and Mel!

Quiet again today. Last night I couldn't escape the neighbors on each side mowing their lawns after work (and it was bf the night before with the mower, the weedwacker and the blower - thought it would never end!).

Then a house behind the house directly across the street from us was burning their tree debris. Grrr. Very smokey, and with the wind direction, it came right into our house. My lungs felt it right away. I phoned the police and the dumba$$ I spoke with was no help at all - asking me if it was their firepit because if it was, he couldn't do anything, blah blah, so I hung up and bf and I went over there and asked the woman to stop burning stuff. She didn't speak much English, but I think she had already been asked to knock it off and indicated she would stop. Sigh. I might just need to move to the middle of nowhere for some peace and quiet and fresh air.

That's about it, so I'll post. TGIF - everyone try and enjoy their weekends!!
  • Wooo Hooo! Finally, finally, finally, got the design/layout AND the ridiculous navigation menu to work in both IE and Firefox! Now it's just a matter of working the content to fit the new categories.

But first, I've been sitting at my computer for way too many hours...so it's time to get up, move my body and do some cleaning! I wonder if I can Zumba while vacuuming or mopping the floor!

How is everyone else doing on this fine day?

Lots of love,
  • Good Afternoon!!!

Missing Shad and MELLIE, hope this worldlie home gets back to normal soon....and Ellen has been MIA some too! Hope you all are doing well.

Laura...between all the cut grass and the smoke from the neighbors, it is a wonder you can breath at all. Wow! I looked around Humana but didn't find any oxygen or masks that I could send to you. lol Maybe I just need to invest in a punching bag, there are other frustrations out there I could punch out. Hope your weekend goes well and you enjoy it!

CHELLE....hey girl, you even sound better now that you get to exercise a bit more. Bright and cheery! And knocking off those 6+ lbs kind of gives you the extra power to keep going. Hope you get to enjoy at least some of your weekend, but I know the website work brings in those extra $$ for things that come up unexpectedly. Hugs.

Happy..with your computer packed, can you still post from work?

Not much on the agenda this weekend. Guess it will be a quiet, lonely time. Stop on in if you wanna.

Guess I'd better get this posted and get back at it.

Much love and many hugs,
  • Chelle, you snuck in right above me...if I could do a cartwheel without breaking my neck, I would do one for you on the design/layout thing. YGG!!
  • Ceejay.,,what are you up to today and this weekend?