3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #46
It is what it is...

Morning All , I had a so so weekend eating wise...I didnt do horribly but I didnt do that bad either...over my calories but not too bad...I am gonna call it a win for a first weekend back on anyway.

Arabella - I am lactose intolerant too ...dealing with it my whole life and it isnt fun ...that is one of the reasons why I want to try the almond milk since I hear it is lactose free, but dont know if I would like the taste, I hear mixed things.

Auntie G - dont worry about it, you can get back on track...I am a stress eater too so I know how that goes...hope everything calms back down soon and all works out.

Liz - I eat the same things most days...i am a pretty boring eater...I normally have an egg mcmuffin for breakfast every morning...and sometimes the same lunch everyday for a week...but hey if you know what works, right?

Hi to Susie and Mel !!

HOpe everyone had a good weekend...I know I could use another one right now

have a great day
Carri

Carri

Old 06-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #47
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Last of four days off -- went to hot yoga for 6:15 and walked there and back. I'm still tired so I'm going to take it easy as much as I can this aft. Practice for performance, get the recycling ready for collection tomorrow. Maybe vacuum if I am ambitious enough and pick myself a bouquet to reward me. Or maybe just say the heck with it and just pick the bouquet.

Actually registered a 2-pound gain this morning but I refuse to get bent out of shape about it. Gotta be related to a week back at hot yoga after being away for a week or something like that. I had a good week and am getting lots of compliments on my weight loss. This morning I walked past a mirror and thought "Whoa -- where'd my tummy go?"

Carri, I think you could probably get used to the taste of almond milk. It's not bad. I went from cow's milk to soy milk and before long really disliked the taste of cow's milk. And then went to almond milk and I'm fine with it.

Re: pizza, I'm starting to work my head around the idea of pizza w/o cheese. I can probably stand it as long as it's got enough tangy stuff on it.

Liz, I'll be wearing a red carnation! Not a lot of gardening went on. DH informed me Saturday morning that he wasn't inspired to work outside because there was no sun.

Auntie g, we've all had those days -- and those stretches of days... sometimes long, long stretches. Hope you're happily OP soon, PMS resolved and all those stressors too. Life is just darned hard sometimes, is it not.

Sadly, our flowerbed plans are also identical. Mine are nice in the spring -- tulips, daffodils, grape hyacinths and forget-me-nots -- but it pretty much goes to random heck after that.

Susie, Mel!

Let's make this a good one!

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Arabella : 06-06-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #48

S/C/G: 233/142.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Arabella - I'll be on the lookout for the lady with the red carnation and the bouquet!! And yes bouquet whether you've "earned" it or not. And yay on noticing yourself shrinking!! YAY for compliments too!

Carri - Yes I am in the mood for another weekend. I'm just so sick of all this stress at work. Do I really have another 30 years of this??? Sorry that was depressing!! Anyhow do as little work as possible today, after all it's Monday.
Weekly Accountability Weigh-in: 142.6 lbs, January 14 2013 Working on getting back to maintenance (135-138)

Old 06-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #49

Height: 5'7"

It was a busy weekend and I kept thinking I would get here but I didn't.
Saturday was a whirlwind of house cleaning, grocery shopping (I plan and DH shops--thank goodness), trip to the salon to have my hair "did", and then a friends/family birthday celebration at Don Pablos. I KNOW I ate way to much there--but it sure was good.

Yesterday was church and visiting DH's dad and then laundry and paying bills (yuck). I did take a nap too. We grilled out last night and had corn on the cob off the grill--it was very yummy.

Liz: Glad to hear that you were back under the red line...and I understand about work stress

Arabella: I love your "forward" attitude about the gain and also seeing you put in action the hot yoga to get yourself back on track.
What sort of performance are you doing? These are my bouquet to you.

Auntie G: I know all about lack of work stress I hope you shopped for some healthy, yummy things to help keep you well and on track.
I am starting to do a lot of whole wheat pasta and veggie dishes; I think I need the balance of cards and protein. Getting the protein in is hard for me since I"m not much of a meat eater.

Carri: Good job for your 1st weekend back on track. Weekends are very hard for me because I do pretty well when there is structure but not so well when there is not.

Mel: I miss you!!!

Food for June 5
B=2 pieces of french toast, 2 p. of bacon
L=garden salad with 1 Tsp of dressing
D=2 ears of corn on the cob with butter, 2 deviled eggs, 1 scoop of vanillia ice cream with fresh strawberries.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit : 06-06-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #50

Oh my Susie your menu on Sunday sounds delish! OK I am having a brain fart moment, do you count calories? If so how much does that work out to? Sorry I have calories on the brain a lot lately....it's so darn depressing how many calories are in everything. I knew we were having pizza last night so I basically ate nothing the whole day (I had a 200 calorie breakfast and half a hotdog at DS' preschool picnic) - all so I could "afford" to eat pizza. I don't do that often but chose to yesterday. OH well.
Weekly Accountability Weigh-in: 142.6 lbs, January 14 2013 Working on getting back to maintenance (135-138)

Old 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #51

Hello. I'm having a great day. I took today off work. I won a gift certificate to make a pottery piece and I went and did that this morning. I made two actually--they asked me if I wanted to so sure why not. One is for me and the other is for a friend for Christmas.

My DH took the day off with me to and I we are just having a great day!

I did put the jean skirt on today and it fits and it buttons and they aren't strained...it's a little tight across my backside, so my next goal for that skirt is July 4th and to wear it to the fireworks---and to "rock it!"

Liz: I have no idea how many calories were in my dinner on Sunday night. Right now I'm just logging my food, to give me an idea of how much I am eating. But I made a pact with myself that from today for one year, I will track my calories as the number one tool to getting to ONEderland. It's my birthday present to myself.
I'm going to start with keeping my calories between 1,700-1,800..that is what my "formula" for calorie intake works out to for me to loose 2 lbs a week.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #52

Awesome Susie glad you're having a great day, and congrats on the skirt fitting!!! .....I'm sure you'll be rocking it on July 4th!! And your plan sounds great, and a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

It's so much fun being able to use all those smilies!!!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #53

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Just a drive by... Happy Birthday Susie!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #54

Me too - insanely busy but wanted to say Happy Birthday, Susie! Hope this is your best year yet.

Onederland by July

Old 06-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #55
It is what it is...

Morning Gals ....Happy Belated Birthday to Susie Hope it was a great one.

It is still SUPER hot here, gonna be 95-97 today...it was about 93 yesterday and I came home and planted flowers outside...needless to say I was soaked when I finally went in...I didnt know sweat could sting so bad in your eyes, haha ...came right in and went straight to a cold shower...when I left for work this morning I was proud though because they all looked so pretty.

Was doing pretty well the last few days but ended up having a big ol pce of cake last night....although with all the work I did outside maybe it evened out..lol ...one can hope

Susie - I also have a jean skirt with same issue ...although I can snap mine and it is really snug...hope to be able to wear it in the next month or so...I am so interested in pottery...would like to find a class around me for this summer.

Hi to Liz, Auntie G, Arabella and Mel

Hope you all have a great day, and that it is cooler where you are......so hot here ...

Carri

Carri

Old 06-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #56
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Happy Belated birthday Susie!!

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
199 Onederland!!11/19/10! 195 first goal!1/8/11 185
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
Starting over 11/29/11 @ 204.2...come on onederland!
7/4/12 189.0!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #57

Mel - Hi!!

Carri - Good job on the gardening in that heat!! It's nice to be able to look at your hard work and enjoy it!

Susie - Hope your day continued to be awesome!

As for me, today is replace our gross carpet day so YAY! Our carpet looks nice and clean, but our cat did a number on the dining room section...peeing. We thought we cleaned it at the time but when the humidity comes out you can smell it...at least I can (DH think it's not too bad...but others have agreed with me that there is a smell). Last year we lived with it...gross I know but we just didn't feel we could afford it...well this year I can't live with it anymore...so out it goes! She started peeing because she didn't like it when we moved here...plus when Jacob got really active and started bugging her that stressed her out too....we were careful about him being gentle with her but it got to the point where she just wouldn't even hang out with us anymore, she was always under the bed. We found a really nice home for her with an older couple that had recently lost their cat. She lives in my MIL's apartment building, so we get updates on her too which is nice...I felt so badly but I know she's happy and well-cared for so I guess that's all you can ask! Anyhow that's my story for today!

Oh, one other thing, TMI, AF did arrive, which I am happy about! My body also seems to have promptly got rid of the 2-3 pounds it was holding onto, so I'm back down to 135 today. Am I weird that the weight hangs around before it comes and then leaves once AF arrives? Oh well, that's how it seems to work for me anyways. Have a great day everyone!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #58
It is what it is...

Good Morning everyone...I had a good OP day yesterday...so yay me !!

We went to Lowes last night and bought some new dark wood blinds for the living room and a really nice modern ( also darker wood ) ceiling fan for the living room ...cant wait to get home and work on it...well watch dh work on it, haha ....cant believe we are actually starting some home projects ..

Ughhh think I just heard it starting to rain on the roof here at work ...well maybe it will cool us off !!!

Liz - that is wierd, most of us are the exact opposite, being up 2-3 pds durnig TOM ...yay on the new carpet ...I know how animal urine can stink up some carpet ....cat urine especially ...

Hi to everybody else and have a great day !!!!

Carri

Carri

Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #59

Is it Friday yet? No? Oh well... maybe tomorrow...

I've been sticking to my plan, behaviour-wise but not quite as low carb as I could have been. I do honestly believe that if I restrict eating to the table and also get to hot yoga five times a week and get 10k steps every day, I absolutely will lose weight. On the other hand, I also know that keeping carbs lowish and staying away from sugar/wheat will be a big help in speeding things up. I had some chocolate the last couple of days, both times in a controlled situation and no binge or anything but, yeah, I think I've got to swear off sugar again.

Liz, have I been there before, with the cat-pee carpet -- oy! When DH and I moved into our first house, every time it rained the place smelled like cat pee. There was this ancient shag carpet in the front hallway and we finally traced it to a little foyer area near the front door. When we pulled up the carpet, the underlay and floor beneath it were STILL WET, weeks after we'd moved in. And the underlay was stuck to the floor and stapled so that we had to scrape it off on our hands and knees. Ugh!

Also ditto on the AF -- my weight was always up beforehand and then dropped when she actually arrived.

Carri, how did your flowers turn out? Good for you getting them in! It's been so cool and damp here -- supposedly ideal weather for planting them. But just not inspiring us to get out there and do it. If I send you some cool will you send me some warmth and sunshine?

Susie, sounds like your birthday was lovely! I think your calorie counting plan should work great. It's hard to start really measuring and counting everything but so effective.

Auntie g, Mel

Let's make this a good one!

Onederland by July

Old 06-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #60

Thank you all for the Happy Birthday wishes--it made me feel so special!

I couldn't believe all the emails I had when I got back to the office yesterday..I spend most of the day "putting out fires". I even ate my lunch at my desk and worked while doing so..that is not something that I like to do very often.

If my home scales are a indication of tonights TOPS weigh-in I should be down 2+ pounds. I'm being careful what I eat today--I remember one time I ate Chinese food for lunch and when I weighed in that night I was majorly up--this was before I realized the salt content in Chinese food!

Mel: It was so nice to see your b-day post to me. I know we all really miss you and hope you will be back soon posting with us.

Liz: New carpet! How exciting!! and I'm glad that AF arrived and kicked those pounds off your body! I don't have actual periods anymore but I still go through the cycle because I still have my ovaries and I always lost weight when AF arrived and still lose it that week.

Carri: Sounds like you are making that house a home! and Yay for a good OP yesterday.

Auntie: Thanks for the drive-by to wish me a Happy Birthday!

Arabella: I'm counting on tomorrow being Friday too! It is good you know what works for you and how to maximize it.

I'll see everyone tomorrow.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.