3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #31
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ...well chalk me up for one good day down ...I was able to stick to my plan yesterday even though dh didnt ...and I didnt have any soda...but I wasnt having all that much before...and I was making sure I was having caffiene free too so I wouldnt have any wdl when I didnt have it.
I did have to ( hangs head in shame ) put my ticker back up to 230 again...so embarassing...dont know why I go so back and forth ...ughhhh...anyway new day !!

Mel and Liz - yes it is so freakin hot here too ...times like this I wish I had a pool to just go out and dive in to ...been leaving the curtains closed downstairs and it has been so cool in there but also depressing to not see the sunlight coming thru....we are going to go and buy some ceiling fans in the next week or two, think that will help ...you guys stay cool !!

Susie - it was a good show but not in love with it ...let me know what you think after you watch it.

Arabella - thanks for the encouragement...congrats on being out of the 220's...you are getting closer !!!

Hi Auntie G !!

Everyone have a good day ....I am particularly hungry today probably because I just started back on and my body is adjusting...I had my egg mcmuffin for breakfast and could have eaten three the way I feel, haha

see ya !!

Carri

Carri

Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #32

Height: 5'7"

Had a great walk last night on the college campus..there are a lot of rolling hills there and I sure do feel them today in my backside! I do consider that a "good thing".

Not on a good path today but I will turn it around. I had a early morning meeting and I thought they were serving breakfast so I didn't bring mine.

They didn't serve breakfast so two hours later when the meeting ended..I'm starved..and don't have anything with me--I WILL learn to get some protein bars in my desk from now on--so what do I see? A cake--for a celebration that they did to welcome the summer Interens..so I had two pieces for my breakfast--drinking the water now to move that sugar out of my system.

Cari-I will let you know what I think of the show. I'm going to watch it tonight.
Good job for getting through your "first day on plan".

Food for May 31
B=1 boiled egg, 1 lemon cookie, Blueberry Greek Yogurt
L=garden salad with egg and cheese, 1 TSP Salad dressing, 6 club crackers, pears
D=2 piece of cheese pizza, beet salad, snicks candy bar, gl of Rootbeer (looks like a slippery slope to me--didn't realize it until I typed it out--that is why I do this!)
Exercise= 30 min 1.75 mile walk
Old 06-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #33
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

The sun's out again, after a very cold and windy morning. I was thinking, 9:30 hot yoga class makes for almost a full morning's exercise: I leave here a little before nine, walk over, have class and walk back, arriving around 11:30. No wonder I'm finally losing a little weight (I'm almost afraid to type that in case I jinx it.)

DGS is here tonight so I'll not make it to class tomorrow morning. I'm getting there five days a week pretty much every week now. Thinking I'll wait to start again until after I'm not tired out from yoga.

Susie, it's amazing what we can "not notice" when we're not tracking, eh. Good job catching yourself on that slippery slope. It's getting just about time to try on that jean skirt again Oh, yeah -- I lost five pounds in May. And when I put up a ticker for June, I'm going to have five pounds as the goal (but still try for 10).

Carri, yay for you getting a good day in, too. It's so much harder if we've got a partner that's supposed to be OP and is slacking. It's like that with DH with booze. With food, once I'm OP I'm mostly okay if he's sitting there eating chips but tempted by the beer, wine, gin & tonic... whatever, really.

Liz, did you actually manage to make a snack that the kids all liked? I'd find that hard if there were a half-dozen kids, I think.

Mel, sounds like maintaining to me, and that's an important skill. You'll get going again when you're ready.

Auntie g

Winding down the work day here. Looking forward to Friday.

Have a great evening, girls.

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Arabella : 06-01-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #34
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...day two down and done....feeling pretty good although I am tired, having a long tired week...finally went and got groceries last night so I will have good things to eat at home...got some strawberries, cut them up, and mixed them with blueberries in a bowl, I love that combination...

Arabella - haha, funny what you said about the booze I do pretty well once I get going not being tempted with what he eats but with this being so early I am still fragile, lol ...he did start back on his yesterday so we will see...

Hi Liz, Mel, Auntie G, and Susie ...

I dont know why the shorter work weeks seem to take forever to get thru...it finally cooled off here some today...only mid 80's and not as humid...might actually do my flowers outside tonight if I can get over to the store to get them later...

Well everyone have a great OP day...talk to you soon !!

I like what Susie is doing about posting food, so I am gonna try it too...

Carri

b - egg mcmuffin and water 300 cals
l - 3 fresco tacos from taco bell and water 450 cals
snack - kashi bar 140 and 15 cheezits 85
dinner - low carb taco salad, just the taco salad w/o chips ... cals?? but probably around 400
snack - cereal and milk - 195 cals

Carri

Old 06-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #35

Hello--Beautiful day today. The past two days are sunny, warm and low humidity. It was so lovely out last night. I was out watering my plants and that was all I did outside. I was going to walk, but I worked until 6 and when I got home I was just to tired.

This morning I'm mad at myself for not going for that walk..I need to make exercise a DAILY habit and even when I'm tired, I know that a walk will give me energy. I also stepped on my scales at home to see what I might expect at TOPS tonight and it isn't looking good. I'm ticked about that too. I haven't had the most perfect week but I'm doing much better so, why isn't my body responding? I'm so tired of losing and gaining, losing and gaining the same DANG 2-3 lbs!

BUT I WILL NOT, WILL NOT, WILL NOT GIVE UP!!

Carri--You might still be fragile but I can tell you are growing stronger. I hope you find the food journal helpful. I see you are doing calories..I will make an attempt that starting today.

I watched the Extreme Makeover Weight-loss show. It is always inspiring to me to see those transformations but I will admit, that this isn't as good as "The Biggest Loser". I'm going to keep watching though..are you?

Arabella: I'm so glad you found a combonation of exercise that is working for you. I bet you feel terrific and look terrific!
You are right, it's getting close to trying on that jean skirt.

Mel, Auntie, Liz: Hi!

Food for June 1
B=2 p of cake
L=2 slices of pizza with olives, pears
S=1/2 cup peanuts
D=Stuffed Vegitarian Pepper with tsp of sour cream
Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #36
It is what it is...

Yeah I think I will watch it again...I mean I need my weightloss show fix !!!! Haha ....I only put on the calories because I am a calorie counting freak ...only way I know how to diet ...so I have to know what is going into my mouth calorie wise at all times...

Carri

Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #37

S/C/G: 233/142.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon ladies!

Carri - mmmm strawberries and blueberries, that's a favourite for me too! I give that to the kids most mornings too. YAY for day 2 down!

Arabella - I did pretty well! Only about 3 out of 25 kids didn't like the granola raisin things I made, and pretty much all of them ate the strawberries, so YAY! And yes that is pretty much a full morning's exercise!! Good on you!

Susie - I'm sorry the scale is giving you problems despite your efforts! But your attitude is just what you need, the results will come! Your body will submit!

As for me I'm above my redline weight for the first time since starting maintenance! Only .2 above, but still. So strictly back to 1500 until I'm back down again (hopefully tomorrow, maybe!). Hope everybody has a great day - this w/e is chock full of eating out, tonight at my mom's, tomorrow Jamie's mom is coming over, Sat at my sister's for a bbq and then Sunday to a friend's!! AAAAHHH! 'Tis summer, I guess! Definitely makes calorie counting more challenging, but hey, bring it on!
Weekly Accountability Weigh-in: 142.6 lbs, January 14 2013 Working on getting back to maintenance (135-138)

Old 06-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #38

Default Friday!

And I'm off work for FOUR days. I'm off to hot yoga in about a half hour and that'll take care of the morning. This afternoon I'll get some housework and the shopping done, make low-carb pizza for dinner. Tomorrow DH and I have a gardening date and I'm hoping by the end of the day our front flower beds are done. We've got these two dorky little strips along the front walkway -- they're too narrow and actually a little sunken, so really hard to do anything with and not that attractive.

I'm thinking we'll make them a little more like this: )|(

Carri, there you go! I know you'll be streaking past me in no time -- just remember to hold the door for me as you enter Onederland. I'll be right behind you.

Liz, well, that's what red lines are for, eh. Nice catch!

Susie, could have been sodium -- pizza and peanuts are famous for it. I try to really watch carbs and salt the day before official WI but I don't always manage. Hope you got a nice surprise from the TOPS scale!

Mel, Auntie

Have a great Friday!

Onederland by July

Last edited by Arabella : 06-03-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #39
It is what it is...

Morning Girls....I weighed in this morning at 226.8 ...so 3.2 down from Monday so I am pleased with that for the week ...still upset with myself that I gained back 13 pds but what can I do....just gotta move on and do what I can...

Liz - I find Summer is hard to keep on plan with all the cook outs...someone is always having one around me...but I usually just stick with whatever protein they have ( without bun ) and just one lower cal side....you have done such a good job you wont have an issue maintaining....

Arabella - we too are probably gonna be putting in our flowers tomorrow...gonna be a hot one here so maybe I will get some hot yoga exercise while planting, haha

Susie - dont get down about gaining and losing the same 2-3 pds, I feel like that too sometimes and usually it breaks after a while...you are still in this!!!

Hi Mel and Auntie G, have a great weekend ( well everyone have a great weekend, haha ).

Carri

B - egg mcmuffin - 300 cals
L - 3 fresco tacos - 450 cals ( seeing a pattern here, haha )
Snk - Cheezits 150 cals and 1/2 eng muffin with 1/2 t peanut butter 100 cals
D - pce of cheese 100 cals, hummus and crackers 150 cals and turkey sausage 100 cals
Snk - Strawberries and blueberries - 80 cals
Total for day - 1430 ( wanted that a little higher but oh well )

Carri

Old 06-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #40

Arabella - NICE!! Have a great 4 days, and have fun gardening! I'll be doing some of that this w/e too...

Carri - Yes summer is a lot harder isn't it...and burgers aren't exactly low cal. WOO HOO for 3.2 down already! It's nice that when you're on plan, your body really responds....we have that in common.

As for me, up another .2 today to 138.4...I'm thinking there's something hormonally going on though, my body may be gearing up for AF which I haven't had since the end of November! I have a ob/gyn appointment next week (which I have been waiting for since January...groan). I was actually referred to see an ob/gyn for another reason which has seemed to get better on it's own anyways, but now I can talk to her about AF too, if I don't get it by then. So anyways long story short (too late) that might be why my weight is creeping up too. I didn't quite stay strictly on 1500 yesterday, it was more like 1600...today will be better! Hope everybody has a great day!
Weekly Accountability Weigh-in: 142.6 lbs, January 14 2013 Working on getting back to maintenance (135-138)

Old 06-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #41

Ladies: Thanks for your support. It has gotten my frame of mind back into place.

I was correct that I had gained back the 2.5 lbs I lost last week. It's funny that sometime that can motivate me to just do better the next week and sometimes it can just throw me off track--last night it threw me off.

I can report something a little positive, I didn't think I lost any weight in May but I did have a 1 lb loss for May--*sigh*--*Yeah!*

Ok..today is a new day and new week..I've got my head back in the game.
I'll show those DARN scales next week!

Arabella: I would love to see your lovely flower garden--maybe post some pictures.

Liz: I'm sure that with a week of eating at 1500 calories you will be right back where you need to be, but it's good that you can mention it to the OB/GYN.
Enjoy those cookouts---not the food but the visiting with family and friends! That's what I tell myself to do--we have a lot of "eating out" this weekend as well.

Carri: Your numbers look like they will be good. Thanks for posting your food..it gives me some ideas of what to eat.
As for moving forward--I'm right here stepping with you!

I will not be logging my food for Thursday, June 2---it was a binge from dinner on and it's over....Forward I go!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #42
It is what it is...

Susie - that is why I think it is a good idea for us to post our food because it gives us good ideas of what we can eat ...I always need more food choices !! Haha

Carri

Old 06-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #43

Aaaaaaannnnnd it's Saturday. Gotta like it. I've procrastinated six ways to Sunday and will go walk soon. Or practice for upcoming performance.

Pizza for dinner last night is making me realize more fully that I'm lactose intolerant this morning, if you get my drift. I had two small pieces and then DH thought I'd asked for another. Brought me one that I hadn't planned on eating but then it was on my plate and I ate it. Oh well. I'll know better to limit it next time. Or maybe put less cheese on mine. Or none. Trying to get my head around that concept.

Carri, I have the same MO for cookouts. It's really fine once you have it set in your mind, eh. Seems kind-of unthinkable without a little preparation though. But we all know what happens then...

Liz, the dreaded AF could indeed be responsible for a little weight creep-up. I'd never have thought I'd miss her but I find I do miss my cycles a bit.

Susie, re: my flowerbeds. They're not too glorious -- I'm just hoping to be able to whip them into shape to avoid a neighbourhood intervention.

Have a great Saturday, Goils!

Onederland by July

Old 06-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #44

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Hi all! No WI for me today- it's been a binge-y 3 days around here. My job's in the midst of ending officially now, bills for DH's hospital stay are piling up, all kinds of family stress has been getting me, and on top of it all, I've been quite PMS-y. Sooo, after 3 days of hamburgers last weekend, then one good day, I sort of cracked. Getting it back together tomorrow cause I haven't made it to the grocery store yet, but will later today. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ugh.

Arabella, congrats on last week's loss! Have a great 4 day weekend, and good luck with the flower beds! Sounds like the same kind of flower beds I have- skinny little strips next to sidewalks. I never seem to get a good plan for them- they're always just random plants that catch my fancy in the store. Maybe someday...

Carri, congrats on getting a new grip and losing this week! Yep, the yo-yo seems to be the way it goes, but you're back in the right direction now!

Susie, hang in there! Ya know, I know everybody's all for the protein around here (which I stink at!), but do healthy carbs mess you up? I know lots of people have trouble with too many carbs, but when I'm ON and losing, lots of whole grain pasta and cereal are always an important part of it. I just like to feel full, and eating an egg instead of a bowl of bran flakes just wouldn't do it for me. Also for dinners I frequently make whole grain pasta and mix it with a bag of frozen vegetables that have a low fat cheese sauce. I can stuff myself for a reasonable amount of calories and not feel deprived. Just wondering if that might ever work for you... -Not saying you want to stuff yourself - LOL, but I rather enjoy it!

Liz, I agree you probably have something hormonal going on. It'll get worked out- you're a star! Loved the Home Depot story!

Mel, how's it going? Hope you're leveling out!

Time to get something done around here. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #45

Susie - Hey, a pound is a pound! You're moving in the right way! And yes I try to make it more about visiting too - although it was a challenge this w/e. For some reason I was just fixated on the food, which I don't like. I ended up doing OK, ate more than I wanted but still reasonable (under 1750 calories each day).

Carri - I need more food choices too, I am usually stuck in a rut!

Arabella - How did the gardening go? Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles....definitely a good reason to avoid pizza though - pizza is such a trigger food for me!

auntie g - I really enjoy carbs too....I don't think I could do a low-carb WOE...luckily though I can eat them and not deal with a zillion annoying cravings.

Well no AF yet...and my boss has now told me that we need to travel out east (maybe I'll see you, Arabella!! ) next week so I might miss my ob appointment I've been waiting 6 months for! I can just imagine how long it will take if I need to reschedule. So annoying! I had a good w/e....eating was not bad but a bit higher than I might have liked, although I am under redline this morning so I'm happy. Anyhow have a great day ladies!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.