3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Steel Magnolias #21

Old 05-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #16
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Donna Faye, you snuck in here while I was typing! Bless your heart! Bless your husband's heart too! You, for not sleeping enough and your husband for all the driving around road blocks and flooded areas. My tv news casts show footage of the flooded areas also and I feel so sorry for those who have lost possessions or will lose them! Because it seems like more people are going to have a lot of problems...and heart ache. I hear you about the working different shifts and getting paid properly for shift differentials. Wayne was always lucky when he worked different shifts and over time at Chrysler. Those ladies in payroll were on the ball. You love purses too?! We've got to be cousins at least! And I know I'll be buying a little bit of yarn on Sunday--I have been saving for this for a few months. What I'm excited about is that the vendors that will be at the festival will be companies across the nation and will be some people who own sheep and alpacas and spin their own yarn. Very exciting!

Bologna nachos? I'll have to check that out! ....doesn't sound yummy to me either. But I could eat some butter pecan ice cream! (My comfort food of choice when I'm worried or stressed.) I'm glad I don't have any in my house....ice cream that is...NOT bologna nachos!

See? Donna Faye, even you don't know what day it is and we know you're okay. So unfair to ask my FIL that question and expect him to know!

GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #17

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and the wind is blowing. I am "up" but not "at 'em" quite yet. . . short night! I need to make a grocery list and get going before the Friday idiots are out and about.

"Gma" -- I hate to mention this but the southeastern part of Iowa, that flooded so badly a couple of years ago, still hasn't been "fixed." The government hasn't come through with promised funds and people are still living in old mobile homes that were brought in from somewhere else. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I would never ever live close to a river, no matter what. I hope the payroll figures turn out ok for Jack and his coworkers. Having the extra money would be so nice! I assume he keeps track of his time himself. I used to do that and often found mistakes even using the stupid machine.

Gail -- Enjoy your day of running errands! I hope you can enjoy your Wool Festival while Wayne visits his dad. Just consider it your Mother's Day gift to yourself; sometimes we need to do that for ourselves. There are days I'm not sure what day it is either, let alone what the date is. Bologna nachos doesn't sound very appealing to me.

I need to get dressed and put on my face, then head for the grocery store. Hope you all have a sun filled day.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #18
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Yipekio it is 76 degrees as I type here in the Heartland. Puts a spring in my step. Well, figritively that is. For brunch this day I will be making waffles, sausage and pineapple spears. Got to try out my new waffle plates. I have figured the points+ values in all the recipes that came with the plates and for the most part they aren't any higher than WW recipes I have for waffels. I can find a way to lighten the ones that are a tad higher easily enough. I will fix that when I have finished this cup of coffee and posted to y'all. Beanie was a little trouper this morning when he got his stitches out. He is such an adorable little pooch. This evening we will do some more planting in the garden. The plants we did put in are surviving. We have "things" hanging in the apple tree that keep the birds out of it and the strawberry garden that is below. They are having an exibition thingie at the museum and Will is bringing some saddles home to do some things with. On one he is completely taking it apart. Then the others will be in stages to show the kids how a saddle is built from start to finish. They get so many saddles donated that these won't have to be put back together for they will just toss them. They have promised not to throw anymore away before he gets a look at them though. He will set up a stitching horse so they can make a few stitches if they choose to do so. A hands on thing. They are expecting lots of kids for it is a field trip sort of deal to take them through the museum. A bit of culture. This area is so rich with history ~ interesting fun type things. The Schwans man came this morning and delivered some of those new green apple pops with caramel in the center that only cost 2P+. And some yummy low point frozen yogurt. Plus some other stuff. This afternoon I will have one of those apple caramel pops.

DONNA FAYE That is good that Jack does have things in that truck to help pass the time. Water everywhere. And not enough buckets to bail it all out. I sure hope that sewage plant does not burp up some ugly stuff into that river. OT money is great. I had a friend that bought a Jag with his OT money ~ no regular money went into it ~ just the overtime. I went to the gold market.

JEAN That is so sad that those folks got moved into trailers and still are there. I wonder if that is now a permanent situation with them, the forgotten ones. Are they the folks without insurance? Stay out of the way of those Friday idiots while out shopping.

GAIL I wouldn't know the day of the week either unless I looked at the calandar. When my daughter was 5 and while out riding on her bike was bumped off by a car my mother took her to the docotor. He asked her what her phone number was and she gave him my mothers number. He raised his eyebrows and she looked up at him and said, "If you don't believe me ask her", as she pointed to my mother. "Thats my number while my mom is at work. When I am at home this is my number" and gave it to him. He cracked up and said this child does not have a concussion just a few scrapes and bumps that we will tend to. Your outing sounds delightful. Have fun and be sure and tell us all about it in a post please.

SUSAN Hope your day is going well with you. Do you have plans for the weekend?

Have a great day Magnolias and a lovely weekend.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #19
Thin Within

Talking BACK TO YACKk

GOOD LATE AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is currently 94 degrees here in the Hartland and I am not ready to jump right into summer. I want some of those wonderful spring breezes so I can do some walking outside. I just may have to stay inside and walk my rounds in here where the air condition will keep me cool. I did make waffles on my new Cuisanart plate and they were delicious. I held myself to only one square with a tad bit of sf ff syrup and one piece of sausage and some pineapple. For dinner I have round steak cooking in the crockpot loaded with an envelope of dry onion soup, a can of mushroom soup, a sliced onion and a crate of sliced mushrooms plus some seasonings. It sure smells good while cooking. In awhile I will mix in some worcestershire sauce and sour cream. I will serve it over some wide egg noodles. I have points enough saved for a good yummy dinner. There is enough in that crock pot to have reruns on another day or two. I will only cook enough noodles for tonights meal though. I also mixed up a batch of my cole slaw to marinate in the fridge overnight and we can have it tomorrow. OH Beanie! He came in all wet. He was out with Will in the yard playing in the sprinkler. I think we need to get him one of those doggie swimming pools. He would frolic in that I am sure.

Have a good one Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Last edited by Maggie : 05-06-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #20

Maggie -- It sounds like Will can be kept busy with his saddle and leather hobby. I don't think anyone appreciates the time and effort that goes into making something unless they either try it or watch it being done. We have a church family that lost their home in the last tornado near here . . . they didn't believe in insurance (the man told Bob that himself years ago) and now they want a new house. I'd like some spring weather before summer arrives too. It was windy all day and the sun disappeared for part of the afternoon, but no rain yet. Your dinner sounds good! I need to figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow and either find it or iron it. My salad is made except for the dressing and my kitchen is spick 'n span tonight.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #21
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Saturday morning! Wayne has left for Virginia Beach to check on his Dad and to run errands for him. His Dad gave him a list last night over the telephone! Man on a mission!

Well, the doctors on staff "may" have questioned my FIL's frame of mind; how well he's aware but they don't know who they are dealing with! Marvin knows exactly what's going on and his mind is sharp as a tack. In fact, it seems (as he told Wayne what he has been up to at the rehab facility) he's been talking to hospital staff who takes care of such things (as health insurance, etc.) he has found out that he can stay in their hospital for up to 3 months (he believes in having very good health insurance). He knows the surgeon that operated on his leg will not release him until he's mobile on a walker. I suspect he may be worried about a few things health-wise and wants to stay there as long as possible. And no matter how many times I've told him (and Wayne has also) that he 110% welcomed in our home for as long as he needs...the plain simple fact is...he does not want to come to Delaware. And he's going to make it so that he stays in Virginia. We also learned last night he has been in contact with a few of his friends, a couple of them will help him out...but...gosh, they are not family! Well...Wayne says whatever happens is meant to happen so we're taking this one day at a time. We want the best for my FIL and if it makes him happier to be on his own and that is possible...I'll respect his wishes of course. But I worry. And my FIL knows this and all he says to me, "It's going to be okay, sugar." (with a very southern North Carolina accent)

So. Today. My youngest grandchild, Tyler is 4 years old today. My daughter and sil are not throwing him a fancy birthday party this year as they are flying out to California soon for a wedding and then to vacation afterwards. We are celebrating his birthday in a small way...with cake, ice cream, and presents. Then I'm being taken out to lunch for Mother's Day.

I don't think I told y'all what I thought of the Weight Watcher brand of potato salad. The small container holds two servings; 3 points each. Each serving seems to be about 1/3 of a cup. I don't know about y'all but if I open a small container chances are I'm going to eat the whole thing in one sitting especially since my husband doesn't eat it. So for 7 points for the whole thing, it is not worth it. It tastes okay but I can make it better with a WW recipe from one of my WW cookbooks. I don't recommend it really. I'm starting to see the WW brands salads in a lot of stores now. I bought with a coupon from Walmart for $1.50. I've seen it as high as $4.50. I definitely would not pay $4.50 for it! The taste is passable. Or as my dear FIL would say, "nothin' special".

Old 05-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #22
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Maggie, I bet Bearnie does look cute all wet! Your dinner sounds yummy. I would love to cook something like that but my dear sweet husband would not eat it. I know! I know! He's crazy! He eats such simple foods. He would look at me like I'm crazy--he would tell me that "You know I don't eat fancy food!" Steak and potatoes kind of man. 94 degrees too hot!

Jean, I'm tired of not being able to put much make-up because of my right eye. It is feeling better but I think I had better replace my mascara and eyeliner. Well, if the people didn't have flood insurance the insurance is not going to help them. My Dad is so paranoid about hurricaines, nor-easters, etc. he made sure he has flood insurance. Last fall, there was a bad storm and his front and backyard was flooded by the ditch in the back of the property. No damage was done but he sure was glad he has the right kind of insurance. If one lives in a flood zone I would think one should have it. It could prove to be priceless.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #23

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and the wind is blowing as usual. Bob is off helping his farmer friend fix a machinery shed door so he can get in and out without it coming off the track. I have a load of laundry going and will make the dressing for my salad when I finish here.

Gail -- I understand about your FIL wanting to stay in his own familiar territory. It's hard on the extended family members but the "patient" is happier in the long run. Marvin sounds like quite a guy! Have fun at the birthday party and MD lunch in your honor! I know I don't replace eye makeup as often as I should. I hope your eye is back to normal soon.

I need to get moving so I'm ready to leave when Bob gets home and changed. Have a super Saturday and enjoy!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean : 05-07-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #24

Good morning to you all! I hope this finds you warm or cool as the case may be, dry and happy! For the moment we just keep putting one foot in front of the other, hoping neither of them gets wet! Jack said that part of the road when you get out of the state park is closed now because it is underwater so he is having to thread his way through town to get to work. It is like one of those crosscountry races trying to follow directions and come out where you are supposed to. Luckily, Jack knows a lot of the roads out in that area because of work so I am sure for the time being he will be fine.

I talked to my grandson this morning. My son called to warn me he told off my brother when my idiot sibling posted a bunch of racial, ugly bigoted garbage on my son's facebook page. My brother is a piece of work and thinks it is funny to say derogatory things about people, call people racist names and such. Anyhow, he put Jackson on the phone and he said, "Hi, Nonny!" I heard Jay saying he was making waffles for Jackson for breakfast so I asked him what he was having for breakfast and he told me, waffles then I said, "Oooh, that sounds yummy, did you put syrup on them?" He said, "NO, daddy put syrup on them for me!!!" Geez what a dummy Nonny I am! I love how little kids are so literal.

Gail: You know I feel for your FIL because people treat the elderly like their brains drained out their ears once they reach a certain age. Yes, there are a lot of folks over 80 who have mental issues to deal with, but a lot of them, like you fil are sharp as tacks and they talk to them like they are infants or something. I hope he puts them in their place, frankly. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!!! Jackson turns 4 in about 5 weeks. They sure grow up fast, don't they? Your fil is going to be a-okay. He is in the right place to get the help he needs right now and the fact he can stay there for awhile and get things checked out is even better. I know you worry about him and Wayne with Wayne's work schedule and all. Just know God is watching out for everyone and trust him. I think a lot of the WW brand stuff is subpar, frankly and don't buy it. I think they make the stuff for convenience and not for taste and if you can make your own you are better off.

Jean: Have fun this weekend doing your thing! Jack was talking about the Iowa flooding a couple days ago and all that it did. What they are yammering about here is that the poor areas won't be taken care of and the wealthier folks will. Well, duh, most of the wealthier folks have insurance that the other ones don't carry. I get sick of hearing about it all as you do what you can and that is all you can do. What happens is going to happen and you aren't going to be able to keep the Mississippi back no matter what so you only can prepare yourself.

Maggie: I am sure Will gets a lot of pleasure out of his craft as we all do with the things we like to do with our hands. Tonight is Faye's stuff with rice for us and a roll each. One thing with working this schedule, Jack is losing weight like crazy. He is now eating some breakfast as soon as he gets home, then sleeps through lunch then has dinner around 4 and takes a sandwich and ff chips to work to have in the middle of the night. I think he has lost 8 lbs already. He says he has to get the weight back off to fit into his shorts for vacation because only 2 pr fit him at the moment.

Susan: Hope you are doing well this weekend!!!

You gals have a great weekend. I am off to have some high fiber eggos and some fruit and then tackle that sock. I am halfway through the heel so am coming right along with it. Hopefully it will be done by Monday and I can get them washed and blocked and shipped out by the end of the week. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Saturday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a lovely 74 degree so far this day in the Heartland. Gonna be another hot one I imagine. We takes what we get here. Will had already been to the market by the time I got up so when I went out to the kitchen my first clue was a nice crate of fresh big red ripe strawberries sitting on the table. When I meandered back here to my office I saw to my great surprise a boquet of red roses. What a charmer my main squeeze is. Last evening he asked me where I wanted to go out to eat on Sunday and I said I really didn't want to go out." I looked at him and said, "You can cook." He said, "Sure, chereos." Anyway he said today that he has decided to do what we really like best and that is to grill hamburgers outside tomorrow. Now that just suits me fine. What a guy. He is a keeper. There just isn't anything better than a home grilled burger. Life is good. We have left-overs to eat this day along with fresh strawberries and pineapple. It seems strange to have the air conditioner on and all the ceiling fans whirring.

DONNA FAYE Yep you gotta ask the right questions to kids. He knew he didn't do that and gave the credit where credit was due. What a charmer they are at that age. I got a good laugh at one of my firends because I knew a lot about her kids and some things she didn't. She asked me how I found out things and I replied, "you just have to ask the right questions." So I gave her some child behavioral tips for which she was grateful. It is a big job to be a mommie. Cudos to Jack for that marvelous weight loss.

JEAN Folks that don't buy insurance sure can whine can't they when their "stuff" doesn't get replaced for free. It is all about priorities I do believe. It is sure nice of your Bob to fix stuff for folks. Have fun at your do.

GAIL So the baby turned 4. Have fun at the do's. I am very thankful I am married to a guy that will eat what I fix and like it. Sure makes it easier to cook lightened dishes also. Did your plans for a get-away fall through? Your FIL is one independant fellow and let him be. I know it isn't easy but do try to feel good for him that he has friends that will help him out. It is a treat to see an elderly gentleman with all of his facilties. I love talking to the old guys. Ride with the tide and go with the flow makes it so much easier to deal with. I know when my grandmother was alone in a huge house my father wanted her to move in with them. It was my mothers mother and she asked if he was sure. They had to play it so to have her think it was her idea and it came to pass and all worked out well.

SUSAN All well with you this beautiful day?

Have a great day Magnolias. And for you who are mothers
Type at y'all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Old 05-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #26

Good afternoon, ladier! A cooler day in the high 60s. Rain and more rain in the forecast.

Glory is sick and I spent most of yesterday taking care of her and doing a little cleaning for her. Thursday night was First Thursday Bee. We had dinner at Beef O'Brady's before hand and I had shrimp, broccoli and rice. No guilt the next day. Wednesday it was 3 years since Stan died and I had a quite day at home.

Tonight I am going to dinner at Bella Fabrics and I called ahead to see what the menu was - lasagna, salad, and mile-high cake. Groan. I'll have something before I go. The owner does this before going to spring quilt market so that a group of us she considers creative can make suggestions for what we want her to look for at market. When she gets back, she'll have a pizza party and show us what she got. Fun!

Faye, any danger of your condo flooding? Poor Jack. I'd be doing a lot of quilting. I have 2 Ott lights that are battery operated so I can sew when the power is off so that would take care of lighting. Then a few good audio books and I'd be content. I see you airport is flooded!

Jean, I sure have flood insurance. It was requirement of our mortgage company but I'd have bought it anyway. I'm in the 100-year flood plain. Next month I'll have to be stocking up for hurricane season. I hope they stay far away this year.

Gail, it's not always good to move older people away from home, even temporarily and if they are sharp. When family doesn't live close so they can be around a lot, friends get closer. It's just a fact of life.

Maggie, Beanie is sure a fun dog! Your supper sounded good. It always does. A word of warning, don't leave that WW water bottle in the car in the heat. I did and it kind of melted. Now it's good for the trash. My old WW bottle fits the sleeve so it isn't a total loss.

Have a great day, ladies!

HW 356 pounds - CW 138 - GW 130

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forget Yesterday. I am, where I am. I know where I could have been, had I done what I did not do. Tell me, Friend, what I can do today, to be where I want to be tomorrow. - Sigrad
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #27
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I am taking a short break before I have to tackle some things in the kitchen and decided to check in here. I have my dozen red roses all in a nice vase with the chemical dissolved to keep them looking good for a few days. My last boquet lasted a couple weeks with that envelope of stuff. Anyway it looks lovely out in the front room for us to enjoy when we are there.

SUSAN I certainly do hope that your friend Glory is better now. It was nice of you to be a nurse for her. Each year it will get a little easer to deal with Stan's passing. I know how you must miss him. What fun at Bella's. She sure has a wonderful shop with some each of everything one might need for quilting. Oh my goodness, what a yummy sounding menu but so points laden but you could have just a tad bit. She certainly knows how to treat her customers ~ good marketing techniques pay off. Thanks for the heads up on that WW drink bottle. Sorry yours melted. I was wondering how it would do in the sun since it is not to be put in the dishwasher. And bummer, the lid doesn't fit on the old bottle we have. Just a tad bit difference in the threads. I have a cover for that old bottle also and some extra straws. I am pleased that this new one came with two straws. I think I was born with a straw in my mouth.

Stay safe and have a lovely rest of the day.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN

REMEMBER THAT

Last edited by Maggie : 05-07-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #28

We are home again after a nice lunch and spending the afternoon visiting on the porch watching multiple birds at feeders and a goose family in the small creek that runs by their house. They live on a gravel road and vehicles go by way too fast which causes lots of flying dust. "Someone" will come and oil the road but not until June -- so much for my clean car.

"Gma" -- I've been seeing pictures of the flooding on the weather channel. It's hard to believe how fast that can happen. I had to at Jackson answering your question. You will have the second sock done in no time. to Jack for losing the extra #s!

Maggie -- Red roses -- what a nice surprise from Will! One of the local stores had a picture of a metal cat with 3 flower pots making up his body. I showed it to Bob saying I thought it was cute, and he brought one home! Now I need to plant some flowers in the pots. We had grilled hamburgers for lunch. They had just gotten meat for their freezer and it was so good. Makes me want to get a freezer again.

Susan -- I hope that Glory is feeling better by now. It was nice that you could be with her. Is Bella Fabrics just for quilters? It sounds like a fun place; it's nice that the owner is interested in what you gals want in the store. We can't buy flood insurance, but I'm not sure about areas closer to rivers that tend to flood. I certainly hope the hurricanes blow themselves out before they reach land this year.

It's been a beautiful day here -- sunny, 73 degrees, and hardly any breeze this evening.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #29

Good morning to all you ladies and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! Fortune got me up early as usual so I just came downstairs and did chores and thought I would sit and read the newspaper online and post. I see Memphis has now made the AOL news this morning. We are still bracing for the worst and have a couple days for that yet. Jack told me yesterday there is a potential disaster at the plant if the water gets to overwhelming. The idiots at MLGW our utility company put in a transformer too small for the plant years and years and years ago. Someone noticed it leaking some kind of fluid and they had someone come out and do the calculations and such and found that they cannot run all four pumps at the same time, three is the most they can run. So, if they run into a major problem where they would need that 4th pump they are sunk. They are hoping they can keep everything as it should be with the three pumps.

Going to be another quiet day around here. Jack should be home in a couple hours will get himself some breakfast then up to bed for a few hours. I am going to finish that sock up and just read or whatever today. Not much else I can do as I don't want to make noise to wake him up. He did get in 7 hours yesterday, which is the most he has slept since going on the night shift.

Jean: Glad you had a nice time with our friends. We have had a lot of birds this spring. I hear them out there all day long. It is nice down here because I see a lot of pretty colored ones. I rarely saw anything but Robins that had color up north, but I frequently see bluejays and we have a woodpecker that comes and visits us sometime every year. We also have some kind of bug that burrows into our wood fencing every year in the same spot. You see wood dust sitting on the cross bar. One of the maintenance guys told me once what kind of bug it was, but I can't remember.

Maggie: Sweet thing for Will to do. I have had a couple containers of nice strawberries, blueberrys and raspberrys this year already from California. I am about used up on all of it so will have to get more, but darn they sure aren't cheap. I also have some nice navel oranges. I think we are going to have boneless pork chops and a potato dish of some kind tonight. Yes, Jack is coming right along as I am too, but last night I got really hungry so just made myself a lowfat bologna sandwich and had a Pepsi one and that did the trick. Our schedule is so screwed up that eating gets that way too.

Susan: I hope Glory is feeling much better. It is wonderful to have friends you can count on when you are ill and have no one else. No, we are no where in the line of any of the tributary rivers here or the Mississippi so no chance of our condo flooding. The biggest problem for us is getting around all the flooded areas to shop and such. Of course, Jack now is having to find alternate ways to work as some of the roads he take up to the entrance to the state park are now closed because of flooding. The downtown area by the river is a mess now, though most of the downtown area sits on the bluff so it is high up. I saw they were sandbagging parts of St Judes. The director said the hospital is high enough to keep from flooding, but they do have low lying areas that could flood. Our international airport, the main airport for Memphis and FEDEX hasn't flooded, the airport they are talking about that is underwater has a flight school and a lot of small business planes fly into that airport. The north waste water treatment plant is in that area and their road is completely washed out and they don't know how they are going to get the employees into and out of the plant I guess. Lots of high drama and it is going to get worse by the middle of the week. I saw the casino parking lots are all completely underwater as are their fancy golf courses and rv parks. Just a mess everywhere at the moment.

Nothing else going on here. Fortine is being a real bugaboo since Jack started this overnight stuff. Dogs really don't like change and he constantly wants to go outside. He has barked more in this last week than he ever has, but it will all even out sooner or later I suspect. At least he is healthy again for the time being. Those darn tiny packets of powder supplemently probiotic stuff cost me $36!!! Sheesh I could have bought yogurt for less. You ladies all have a very lovely day and I will talk with you again soon! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #30

Good morning, ladies! Happy Mother's Day to all of you. Raining and 61 degrees.

Glory has pneumonia and is still very sick. After dinner at Bella last night, I went and spent the night at her house. Came home now to get showered and changed and do some laundry and then I'll go back. I called her daughter, who lives in Houston, and gave her a report because when she calles Glory she says she is doing good and not to worry.

The dinner last night was so good. I ate Greek Yogurt and carrots before I went and then I only had 3 bites of lasagna, a big salad, some fruit, and 2 bites of the mile-high cake. It was chocolate, 7 layers, with Italian Cream frosting. Light as a feather but too sweet for me.

I have an appointment with my trainer first thing in the morning tomorrow. The Y is remodeling and the FitLynxx machines are going to be very limited for 3 weeks because they are moving them to a new space so I want her to to show me other things to do. After that I'll go to applique bee and then to Glory's to check on her.

Faye, we had pictures of the flooding in Memphis in our newspaper today and a story. Ben Franklin's is going out of business and now 50% off so I bought yarn for 2 scarfs and a pair of wooden size 15 knitting needles. I have a very simple but pretty scarf patten that uses really thick yarn and has ruffles on the edges. I figure it won't take much time to knit up. I'll post a picture when I finish it.

Have a wonderful day!

HW 356 pounds - CW 138 - GW 130

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Forget Yesterday. I am, where I am. I know where I could have been, had I done what I did not do. Tell me, Friend, what I can do today, to be where I want to be tomorrow. - Sigrad
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.