Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 11:13 AM   #91  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Wow what a successful bunch....all this weight loss, inches lost, good eating and exercising...maybe we should get together and do a weight loss tape or book....sounds like fun! At the end, when we have all reached our goals...we should write a book about it or do a tape.

Anyway, I weighed myself...still at 167 but I knew that...this week was a write off...but I should be able to post a weight loss next friday and I cant wait.

I am so proud of you girls...Debee and Reina, simply amazing ...keep going....on inch and pound at a time.

Lady, nice chatting with you too and Lisa...just had surgery and still manages to say hello...your actions speak volumes to me...it says you are determined and successful...and congrats on getting in to nursing school.

Miki, Taiwan, and lobocal hope to hear from you soon

Cyan
Old 01-10-2003, 04:50 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Cyan...it sounds like everyone is doing so well..Okay...following the format that I've seen y'all follow up until now I'm going to post my result from yesterday on eating and such. I've trying my best to keep my water intake up to 8 glasses a day and I managed to do the not eating after 8 thing. I was SO proud of myself. It's been a while since I made 8 my cutoff time.

Anyway...here goes my info for yesterday...

I ate
1016 calories 25 grams of proteins 131 g of Carbs and 40 grams of fats.

Yikes...at the fats. Hopefully today will be better on that.

I'm trying....I'll post tonights results this evening.

Betty
956 kcal 25 g 131 g 40 g
Old 01-10-2003, 05:04 PM   #93  

Hi everyone,

Have a moment so I thought I'd write a quick post. I am so happy that everyone is motivated and positive.

Cyan, I love the idea of a book or tape. We can be the next richard simmons or oprah or maybe the next jared from subway! Who knows what the future holds...

Betty, sorry I have not welcomed you yet. It seems you are motivated to lose weight just like the rest of us.

Ladyrider, someday soon you will be shopping for size small tops and bottoms.

Lisa, Miki and taiwan, hope to hear from you soon. write some long posts... let us know how you are doing.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:12 PM   #94  

Reina,

I almost forgot to say "Yeah" over 3 pounds!!! That is almost double your goal of 1.34 pounds a week. I love lemon chicken, I 'llneed the recipe. Does anyone know any good websites for lowfat recipes?

We should put together a list of some of our favorite web sites..fitday, ect.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:51 PM   #95  

well my husband just called and said he wants to go out to dinner so I don't have to cook so I have time to write a longer post. Here are some tips I found on weigh loss I thought i would share:

1. don't skip meals it can lead to binging.

2.` eat slowly

3. keep busy. Much overeating is done as a result of boredom.

4. Tape a weight loss record to the refridge. Seeing progress before puuting the food in your mouth may keep you motivated.

5. use smaller plates to give the illusion you are eating more.

6. eat more fiber

7instead of butter try, jelly or jam, olive oil

I also have a few other foods I am adding to my list this week...
angelfood cake with strawberries, onion soup (withoutthe cheese) melon, jello, egg whites, baked potato with slasa, breoiled fish
Old 01-10-2003, 08:19 PM   #96  

Talking I'm still here

My computer is still having an attitude problem. Now for some reason I can't retreive messages past a certain point. I get like 6 messages (everytime the same ones) and then at a certain message it just stops and says there's a problem. Very aggrivating.

Well, it's Saturday morning here. I weighed myself today and I here is what the scale said 191lbs!!!!!!!! I have reached my goal and a week early

Though one thing is, the lbs were 191lbs right, but the kg said 86.5kg, which after I figured it out is 190.3lbs. Am I figuring it right? 1kg=2.2lbs right?
Anyway, no matter what, I lost 2lbs at least, didn't measure though. Maybe later.

I did ok eating wise yesterday. Though I didn't eat after 8pm, but I had a diet pepsi. I was hungry sorta and had to have something. But that was the first day this week. Not bad. Didn't exercise as my right shoulder was absolutely killing me. I may just go walking today and then do some weights.

The weather is going up and down here and it's quite annoying. But my almost 7month old is keeping us busy with his new thing--crawling. Well, it's the step before crawling, kinda military style pulling himself across the floor, but boy is he fast!!! I hope he doesn't walk earlier than our oldest, he was walking around by 10.5months!

It's the weekend and I have Sunday school which means I have to prepare the lesson in Chinese so I won't be on much til after then. Then get this---are you ready---in April I am taking a test to get into the Master's program here in Taiwan. The test will be in English, but the classes are taught in Chinese It will be interesting. I can take the test and then keep my spot for a year as we are going to the states Sep2003-March2004. I am going for Early Childhood Education. I have some example test questions from last years test to prepare and they are going to help me with this years test. I am a little nervous as education wasn't my major in college. I majored in Cinema and video production. And now I am a pastor's wife in Taiwan teaching English as a Second Language--haha! talk about not going into your major.

Anyway, I am rambling.

Reina congrats on your 3.6lbs!!! You go girl! you are my inspiration!!! Doesn't it feel great! Keep it up. They say that if you can keep something up fro 3-4weeks, it becomes a habit and is harder to stop.
Lady, wow down 18lbs and 19in. I see 4in are from the waist and all in 4months. That is totally awesome. This group is so inspiring.
Cyan, have you measured and not just weighed? sometimes we lose inches and not just weight. A few days are not going to totally through you off. You have a great attitude about it though, put it behind and only look forward.
Lisa, glad to see you post. Hope the pain medicine starts working. Please please please, take it easy. You deserve a good rest. Don't worry about weight and exercising and stuff now, wait until you feel 100% and then get back on track. If you push yourself now, you'll only hurt yourself. Go have a bowl of chicken noodle soup (that is a comfort food for me, but I rarely get it here and haven't tempted to make my own yet)
Lobacal--welcome to our group. This is a wonderful group of ladies. I know you'll like it and will have success with everyone's support.
Miki--sounds like you are doing great. Remember to keep finding time to exercise, don't let that stop that is so important in weightloss. I know I would lose weight if I just ate good, but am toning and strengthening and burning more calories by exercising. Just an added plus. I am dreading our kids going to school here. Homework help will be from dad as the kids have to go to Chinese school here. I would rather continue to homeschool them and get a Chinese tutor for them,but unfortunately that's not legal here-homeschooling in elementary that is. Our kids will go through Jr. high probably and then go to the states for school. We'll see. We have plenty of time til we hit that road You could always find someone from church or older kid to help out with his math homework. I remember hitting pre-algebra and my parents couldn't help me so they sent me to my neighbor for math for the next 2 years (I did help babysit for them though).

Well, this is long and looks like I've rambled long enough. I am going to wash my face, get dressed, put Josiah in the stroller and go walking for at least 30min. That's the plan anyway.

keep them bottoms movin' girls--how lo can we go?
Old 01-10-2003, 09:28 PM   #97  

Weight on 1/3/03 230 lbs
Weight on 1/10/01 227 lbs!!
When I joined here in Oct., I weighed 236, I think.
I only have a minute but had to at least post that. I am very encouraged about our progress.

Hubby and I have the house to ourselves tonite which rarely happens so I dont want to spend too much time here.
Anyway, I had an up and a down both today. For the up...at lunch today since I live too far to go home on my lunch hour, I got my McDonalds shaker salad as usual (230 calories) then went to my in-laws after I ate it and borrowed their AirWalker and burned 228 calories. Cool huh? I thought so! Kinda like it just erased the meal I had just eaten. That was a great feeling.

Tonite, tho, with no kids, we decided to go out to eat. Had Chinese buffet and there is no way I can figure out the calories I had. I had fried rice, broccoli stir fry, sweet and sour chicken, orange chicken, and crispy shrimp. I am sure it was more than I should have had, but I am allowing myself one meal per weekend without counting. ( Not going to binge, but going to have something I normally wouldnt eat during the week) The rest of the weekend, I will go back to counting my calories.

I didnt take my measurements today. Havent had a chance. I may wait one more week in hopes of a BIG difference. Reina, no, I dont necessarily want to stay at 1300 calories, that just happened to be how they averaged this week. I just try not to go over 1500 if possible.

Cyan, one positive note: You didnt GAIN this week! even with the binge. So the extra exercise paid off!

I loved reading everyone's positive posts today. Isnt that fun??

Well, I better go. I may try to fit in a little AirWalking before we settle down for a movie. I'll post again tomorrow.

Miki
Old 01-10-2003, 09:30 PM   #98  

PS...I meant to put my weight is as of 1/10/03...NOT 01.... I"m sure ya'll figured that out..lol
Old 01-11-2003, 01:04 PM   #99  
I will make it!

Angry Good Afternoon Ladies

Wow Miki...9 pounds gone! What a feeling...keep going...I too am looking forward to the next weigh in...I want to post a good result...thanks for inspiring me.

Taiwan...a huge applause for reaching your mini goal of 191 pounds...what an accomplishment...keep going...your plan is working for you.

Lobacal...how much weight are you looking to lose, how tall are you ...tell us a little about yourself...how long have you been wanting to lose weight, etc....and 1016 cals might not be enough cals to sustain for a long period of time...let us know how you are doing

Reina...how are you today and congrats again on a three pound weight loss...you rock.

Debee thanks for all your ideas...they are wonderful and it helps me vary my diet...I'm gonna try the onion soup..without the cheese

Hey LadyRider....how are you ....I have this metal image of you on your bike riding free ...highway stretched out infront of you...wind at your back and the hot florida sun high up in the blue sky...with the ocean in sight....take in the fresh air Lady and ride on.

Lisa I hope you are feeling better with each passing day...pretty soon you will feel better than new...I send you good energy

Okay, I am off to help my friend find work...we are going to a job forum.

See you girls later

Cyan
Old 01-11-2003, 02:20 PM   #100  

Hey girls! I just read a few posts. Congrats Miki and Taiwan on your success...oh yeah. and Reina also! You girls are really doing it!!!

I am starting to feel a lot better. My tummy is sore so I can't bend over or stretch. I also get tired fast as my body is trying to heal. Thanks so much for all the good energy and prayers!!!!!
One of the worst things is that I can't lay on my side. I could sleep a lot better if I could do that.

I have lost 1.5 pounds this week so that is good. I've actually been eating a lot also.

I'm way excited about Nursing School! I got the letter the day after my surgery. I was so excited but didn't read all the stuff. The next day I had to re-read everything to make sure it was real. I have orientation next Thursday night!!!! Can you believe that my books alone are $450?! Add that to all the other supplies, it's $798!!! That doesn't include tuition either?! Thank goodness for Financial Aid!!!

Well, I better go!

Lobacal, welcome. I hope you make yourself at home in our little group. Just be warned...we have been known to issue some serious Cyber kicks in the butt...if you go on a binge! But we also will help you overcome any obstacles and keep encouraging you along the way!! WELCOME!

Lisa
Old 01-11-2003, 04:26 PM   #101  

hi,
Found this quote and thought it might make you smile--

"I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet." --Erma Bombeck
Old 01-11-2003, 09:37 PM   #102  

Debee, that quote made me laugh out loud!! Thanks for sharing it.

Lisa, looks like soon you're going to be even busier than usual. Be sure you dont overdo it until you're totally healed from your surgery. I was the same as you...drove me crazy to not be able to sleep on my side. Congrats on the weightloss!

Cyan, good luck helping your friend find a job! You're such a good person...always doing things for others.

I did ok today...20 minutes of AirWalker as soon as my feet hit the floor this morning. Wanted to get it over with.

Well, tonite we're having Family Night...they are waiting for me to come watch a movie so I better go. Have a great weekend everyone!

MIKI
Old 01-12-2003, 12:51 AM   #103  

Talking Had to share this

All this is really paying off Today at church, I had so many comments on how I looked. I wore a red knit dress. It was a maternity dress that someone from the states sent me. I never wore it while I was pregnant as I thought it made me look like a sock with an egg in it Anyway, I am wearing it now---my hips fit just fine thank goodness Anyway, we went to eat after church (our normal place) and they were like WOW!!!! My dh had a number of people say "You better start watching out, your wife is looking great. Wait til she loses even more." Someone said "Wow, Deana is looking prettier all the time." Of course my smart and wonderful hubby says "She is always pretty." Smart man anyway, these comments just made my day.

Hey, has anyone done yoga? I met a previous students mother at the playground the other day and she is an instructor in training. She says that yoga is better for woman than aerobics. Just curious what you all know.

Lisa, glad to see you back. Good job on the 1.5lbs, it will only get better as your body heals. No more pain when exercising and all. That is great about nursing school. I haven't asked yet how much the Master's program here in Taiwan is. Maybe I can get a Teacher's assistant job to help pay for it or something. Hey, I can always teach English here

Well girls, a new week ahead of us. As we keep this going, it will only get easier. There will be down days, but our up days will be more than our down days. I am so glad I found this forum. I love you girls

Have a good one.

**210/191/145
reached first goal by deadline--Jan.15 (reached on 1/10)
Old 01-12-2003, 11:23 AM   #104  

My day is just getting started. Just did 10 min on the AirWalker and will do more later. Had a bagel for breakfast with "Brummels and Brown" strawberry spread on it. It's really good and made of yogurt. ( I cannot stand yogurt of any kind normally, but this honestly has no taste of yogurt in it at all and is much lower in calories than margarine) Anyway, just checking in for a sec but will post more tonite. Ya'll have a good day!

MIKI
Old 01-12-2003, 05:39 PM   #105  

Hi everybody,

I felt so positive this weekend ( what a weight loss of a few pounds can do).

Taiwan, isn't great when people start noticing! I am also interested in starting a yoga program so if you get any info please share.

Miki, you are the air walker queen! I am going to try that spread next time I am food shopping.

Lisa, I was so happy to hear about nursing school. Don't worrying about the price of the books they are not an expense but an investment in your future.

Reina, I hope you did not go to Hooters this weekend.

The weekend went by too fast...

Saturday we went out to a Thai resturant (I had two spring rolls and one bite of mango ice cream) and then went home and watched the football game and the Eagles won. They might even make it to the Superbowl.

Today, we went to Home Depot and Wendy's for lunch. I had half of a small chili and a side salad.

All weekend I was thinking how I really believe this time I am going to be able to lose these 30 pounds and I owe it to all of you. Before I put something in my mouth I have all of you on my shoulder saying don't do it...the devil on my other shoulder just can not win!

I even was motivated enough to go through my closet this weekend and I got rid of my "fat" pants. I always hated the way these pants looked but they had an elastic waist and were very easy to just throw on. I decided that along with the weight loss I am going to give myself a mini makeover and change one thing each week. This week no more fat pants, next week maybe a new lipstick shade. Does any one want to join me? Maybe everySaturday after our Friday weigh-in we can throw out one fat clothes or treat ourselves to a special nailpolish, lipstick, haircut, whatever....
Closed Thread