Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 09:11 PM   #436  

Default bad bad bad is all I can say.

Well, for some reason I have been having the biggest sweet and carb craving and I have been giving in I don't know what the problem is. Then yesterday for my b-day dh takes me to a steak house (had chicken though) and so I wouldn't have to cook, he orders pizza. Soooooooooo yesterday was definetly not an on day. We will probably go out to lunch again today (we usually do) and have rice/veggies and tofu so I am thinking I will just stick with sandwich or salad in the evenings. I have gotta get these cravings under control I am not looking at a weight loss this week, just like to not go over board.

Don't have time to write personal responses as "Hoover" --Josiah's new nickname as he is as good as a vacuum cleaner --is crawling around the floor. Hope you have a great on plan day ladies.

Deana
Old 03-12-2003, 10:05 PM   #437  

Hi everybody!

Just a quick post to check in. Not much to tell...foodwise I did ok today but havent exercised at all again. Today at work we had a huge bowl of mixed fresh fruits instead of cake for my b/day. It was made up of strawberries, pears, peaches, apples,and 3 kinds of grapes all in chunks mixed together....nothing added..just pure fresh fruit. It was really good. I was much more satisfied than I would have been with a fattening cake. I think everybody else enjoyed it also.

Life is getting busy again. Luke is now in Basketball practice full force. He has it every Mon and Wed. He and Josh both stay after school now on Tues and Thurs for a tutoring program. It was totally selective, but I figure why not take advantage of extra practice in Math as long as it's offered. ( They arent thrilled..lol..except since learning the tutor is a pretty college girl, they dont complain too much ) That means Mon-Thurs they dont get to ride the bus home; I have to leave work and pick them up.

One good thing--next week is Spring Break and I plan to take off at least 4 days of it to spend with my kids. I hope the weather is nice, but I've heard we might get rain again.

Cyan and Debee, thanks for the compliments. I'm afraid after that buffet last nite tho that I may not show a loss Friday.

Taiwan, I revisited your family website today. Josiah has really grown! Both kids are just the cutest things!! I was hoping to see an updated pic of you also. How is the little boy who had gotten burned? I hope he's doing much better.

Well, Luke is calling me to come tuck him in so guess I better run. This didnt end up being such a quick short post as I thought. Good thing I had nothing to say..

Nite all
MIKI
Old 03-12-2003, 11:19 PM   #438  

Hello everyone,

Well, I am fighting tooth and nail to stay OP, but I think my PMS is triggering my cravings.
And it doesn't help when Alex's School hands you a box of chocolates to sell, and they are sitting right on your desk.

I have to say, I think I was on track today and I did a few mins on the elliptical glider, my cough is preventing me from working out, so I am still taking it easy.

Miki, WOW you LOOK Marvelous!!(Billy Crystal Voice)
Keep up the good work, You are great!

Cyan, Congrats again on overcoming the cheese monster.

Taiwan, The sweets are just devilish! I am thinking about giving them up for Lent, but then I crave them more.
Happy Birthday, I hope you had a great one!

Miki, I think I am going out tomorrow to buy a big bowl of mixed fruit from my grocery store, you got me craving it.

Debee, I think you are right, I am going to start posting when I crave food, like right now. Cereal is calling me! REINA???
You are right about breakfast, I haven't eaten a good breakfast all week, and it has made me more hungry and not willing to stick to my daily plan for lunch. I will start back tomorrow....

Gotta go, feeling crappy still, good luck to those who weigh in tomorrow....
Have a great one!
Old 03-13-2003, 09:13 AM   #439  
I will make it!

Default Good Morning Ladies

Taiwan..hang in there! You can do it...Just breathe and work through those cravings.

Reina...I just read a very good article on how eating breakfast like whole grains actually helps you stay slim...so start enjoying breakfast!

Miki...good on your coworkers for supporting your weightloss and celebrating your bday with a bowl of fruit. Keep at it.

Last night I was not feeling well at all...I think I ate something that did not agree with me...I was so tired and feeling sluggish but I still exercised...I cycled for 30 minutes...a distance of 8.5km and burned off over 300 cals...and you know what? I felt so much better afterward...I was not sluggish anymore I felt really good....so keep at it ...I've noticed when I really dont want to exercise and I do..I fell so much better afterward...I just have to remember that feeling everytime I dont want to.

K Ladies...I'm at work so have a great OP day

Cyan
Old 03-13-2003, 04:29 PM   #440  

Default New Thread

Ok ladies, this thread has gotten so large, we decided to create a new one.

Please post at Exercise, Diet & Supprt #3

Thanks
Closed Thread