3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldlies in May are moving and motivated

Old 05-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #91
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning

A quick fly by for me. I'll have more time this week end. Getting excited about having an extra day off this week. I'm planning on car shopping while I'm at the dealership to check on the engine light. I'm thinking it's going to be the gas cap. I've about made up my mind to stay with the RAV4. I like the newer ones. I'll fill out paper work etc.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #92

Morning all.

Shad - Didn't think you were looking for a car at the moment, but I guess when a big driving trip comes up, it makes you think twice about the reliability of your vehicle. Nice that ds is screening some for you.

Mel - Good that things are quiet at the moment. We had a mild (but windy) day yesterday. Today is mild too. Hope the rain stays away for now.

Annie - My world is turning, and that's about all I can say about it. Busy at work with two major projects. Fighting this zyrtec drowsiness. Been sleeping like a log too. Go you with all that yard work you're doing! Ugh, I have to say that having been alternately digging up rock and gravel and avoiding digging up same, I curse the previous owners of this house who installed it, and I would never use it for landscaping. Of course I curse the use of wood mulch just as harshly - it washes away in the rain and wind and needs to be replaced frequently. Just can't win. I need to find the perfect ground cover so I don't need rocks or mulch!! Anyone??

Ceejay - Another Worldlie in the market for a new car, soon to be inhaling that new car smell. Meanwhile...only 20 more months until our current car is paid off. Sigh. Sorry you won't be going to your sister's graduation - maybe the flooding situation will change (for the better) later this week and allow you to make the trip??

Nothing much to report. No movie this week. Not a surprise, since last week they went on Thursday and on Sunday they did the special book club movie outing to see Water for Elephants. I skipped both, but I do want to see Water for Elephants since we read that book and I always like to see how the movie compares (usually unfavorably, unfortunately).

Step class was okay yesterday - good and sweaty. Three more punches left on my fitness passport until the session ends on the 22nd. Not enough time for me to buy and use up another 11-class pass, so I'll be on my own and pass-less probably after next Monday. Looking forward, I might just buy the unlimited pass for the next 15-week session, though there's never been a week when I went to more than 3 classes during the current session.

Eating has been horrible lately - the snacking is doing me in. I have to get to the market to restock on fruits, veggies and my other snacks.

Okay, back to my mess of a desk. I posted a photo of it! And speaking of photos - check out my blog's "about" tab - I posted some photos there a couple weeks ago and forgot to mention it here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg desk.jpg (20.8 KB, 10 views)

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #93
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I'm really tired today. I guess I didn't sleep well or long enough. I think another cup of coffee might be on the agenda for today. Yesterday after work, I met with my former Zumba instructor and personal trainer. She and I are working on adapting some Zumba dances to "Chair Zumba". These are routines that mostly use arm movements and have fairly simple leg/feet movements. We're meeting once or twice a week for the next month or two to work on this. It's great because it allows me to do non-weight bearing Zumba that doesn't hurt my back, and she's trying to come up with routines for people who, for whatever reason, need to do non-weight bearing exercise. She told me to tell her right away if a move she suggests causes any immediate discomfort, and to let her know if I am having back pain today or tomorrow. It was really a lot of fun. Tonight, I'll probably go to the gym and do 1/2 hour or so in the pool, and tomorrow night is water aerobics. I'm really getting frustrated with the non-movement of the scale and my tight clothes. I'm doing good with the food...really eating healthy and in small portions...so I need to get/keep moving.

It was really nice to be able to garden on Sunday, and then to be able to chair Zumba yesterday. I know it's too early to assume that my back is all better. I have to keep taking baby steps and not overdo. I'd love to be able to help DH with a lot of the landscaping work...but I'll just have to be content with doing what I can for now.

Parts of the Milwaukee area got big thunderstorms yesterday, but the storms were pretty mild north of Milwaukee where we live.

Shad - Sorry to hear that you're being pulled in all directions and falling behind on the doco. So nice of DS2 to test new cars for you. I'll bet it was fun for him too. I'm glad you got an explanation, and an apology about the VPN.

Mel - I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying pedaling and the great weather!!

Annie - Good for you for taking advantage of the nice weather to take a 1/2 day off and work in the yard! I like the looks of the Kia Soul...and I love the commercial with the dancing hamsters! That's excellent gas mileage! Small world that your friend goes to Racine for stuff. DH and I don't go to Racine very often as it's over an hour drive from where we live.

Ceejay - Wow! Car shopping this weekend and filling out the paperwork?! Does that mean you're going to be getting a new car very soon?

Laura - Fighting zyrtec drowsiness while trying to work on two major projects? That's quite a feat! The previous owners of our house didn't have to landscape with rock and gravel as mother nature did it for them. Good luck finding the perfect ground cover. We're hoping that since we're building up (and leveling off) the planter boxes around the trees and in front and back of the house, and putting concrete block walls around that will hold in the wood mulch so that we don't have to replace it very often. DH and I are hoping to not need to buy a new car for at least another year. We like not having car payments. I definitely want to see Water for Elephants. I didn't read the book but I do like Robert Pattinson (from Twilight movies) and Reese Witherspoon. And it's supposed to be a good story of the human-animal bond. Good for you for all that exercising! Bummer that you'll be pass-less after this week.

A big to Happy and Ellen!

Love and big hugs to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 05-10-2011 at 12:20 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #94
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi folks,

Quick check in for me - but better a little bit than nuttin'

I did get more rest last night. When I laid down I immediately woke right up and thought - oh no, not again - and I had waited until I was sleepy to hit the sack. I cranked the air conditioning down lower than usual and laid in bed and did some deep breathing and relaxation exercises and fell asleep in about 15 minutes. DH was going to take a trip up to WI to go pick up the trailer this week but we didn't tell my cousin and he actually lent the trailer out. We have a few tricky things to skirt around schedule wise so we talked briefly this morning. Besides picking up the trailer he was going to do some minor repairs which can wait until July when we go up there for a week. We decided with the price of gas being what it is, we will just rent another U-haul trailer and take that up one way with us next trip. This time we will bring cousin's trailer back with us and pack it up for our September trip. We also decided on a contractor to finish out the bathroom. DH will do a little bit of the work to shave about $1,000 off the initial estimate. He is having some problems right now - they changed out his meds and that bad pain has come back. So bad it keeps his awake at night - 3 nights running now. Plus he is worrying about some things which are contributing to that also. I hope we can just buckle down and get some things done.

And it looks like the Mississippi has crested. I know from reading general news it seems like most of Memphis is under water, but that is not the case. There is some flooding along the downtown river front but downtown itself sits on a bluff high enough above ground where the water is not an issue. What seems to be the biggest problem is 3 feeder rivers that normally feed into the Mississippi but can't at the moment due to the high water. Those folks are getting flooded - looks to be alot of poor folks too who can probably least afford this problem. Laura - the only way I can explain it is that it's like when the DesPlaines River floods. On the train you can see it flooding the woods that border the river. And I've seen it come creeping up into some peoples' homes that way. Kinda like the same thing here. The river is flooding a few neighborhoods and definitely is messing with the roads which dip and turn and that is causing problems as it's the main highways that are having issues. Although it looks like DH would not have had a problem taking I55 north this week.

Michelle - what a cool idea about the chair Zumba. Your trainer might be on to a VERY big idea there. I can attest having tried the chair pedals like Mel uses that just because you are sitting down, doesn't mean you can't get a good workout too! I hope that works out very well for you!

Laura - ground cover. I would use allysum (sp?) but that's an annual and you have to replant each year. It will come back but it's sporatic. I planted a bed of dianthus in the front one year and much to my surprise, it came back on it's own. 4 years later we have a thick bed of it which provides nice color - it just doesn't like the hot, hot July and August heat but might be ok for your cooler (than ours) summers. I haven't found any green low lying ground cover that I liked. We tried some stuff and either it died out over the winter and didn't come back or it grew crazy uncontrolled and it was just as much trouble constantly trimming it back. I looked at some ivy but Shad said that can be quite the pest and when I did further research I had to agree. My answer - cement with nice potted plants on it I'm going to miss my double oven when I move up north. I don't use it that much but when I do, I'm glad to have it. It particularly comes in handy if you are hosting a dinner party and trying to keep things warm and cooking at the same time. Beware of those mandolins - they are pretty sharp. We also got some good chef's knives and what a difference they make in cutting - but you just look at them crooked and they take off the top layer of your finger.

Annie - Elvis and his parents are in above ground tombs. We can't have them floating down Elvis Presley Boulevard - "Elvis has left the building - fer sure and took Momma with him". Glad you had such a rockin' time at the Segar concert - can't believe he forgot the words to one of his most famous songs! Sounds like I need to rent you out to finish my rock wall at home. You sure are a busy one lady!

Mel - I think sitting in your apartment with an open window with a nice spring breeze is just what you need. Go look up some stuff on the internet and enjoy some peace and quiet.

Did everyone have a good Mother's Day? Everyone in the stores was wishing me a happy day but my good for nothing cats didn't say a word to me

Shad - hope you got your tech problems solved. I had the exact same problems with the VPN and it took 3 techs and a week to figure that out. What do your violas look like? We have them here in yellows and purples - look like miniature pansys but we don't have them in the colors you describe. Good luck with the car shopping - how good of DS to help you with that.

Ellen - hope you had a good Mother's Day and took a break from doing laundry.

I need to get back to work now - been working on this on and off for a couple of hours now...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #95

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Laura, can't say for sure that they will last in your climate, but you could try herbs like majoram, thyme or oregano. They will spread across the ground and have the added bonus that you can use them for cooking and salads. Mine are successfully screening out weeds and a couple of rose bushes and I have to cut them back. If you were here, I would suggest putting in a prostrate grevillea, but not sure if you get them up there.
Checked out your blog. Nice pictures. I'd love to get rid of the double chin as well

Happy - good to hear that you have decided to get on with the bathroom. Sorry to hear that dh is not having a good time with his back. The driving probably won't do him that much good either.

Mel - not forgotten this time. Sounds like peace reigning from your place

Ceejay - the thought of a new car is good but scarifying as well. What happens if you buy a dud?? I've been lucky so far and hope it lasts for this one as well. I suspect DS2 is trying to turn me into a race driver with some of the brochures he has come home with

Ellen - hope the cold goes away

Annie - rocks? sounds interesting - only rocks I have are in my head I think. Thanks for the info on Kia Soul. Will have to find out what it is called here. My current car is getting approximately 800km to the tankful which is a 45litre tank. I think that means I am getting about 10k to the litre which is around 40k to the gallon, which is about (oh poop, maths have just deserted me about 27 miles to the gallon I think. It's economical, but getting old.

Michelle - armchair zumba sounds great. I seem to remember Richard Simmons (anyone remember him) giving armchair lessons to a very large black lady.

I don't use my car when driving back and forth for a company. If they want me to fly or drive or stay away from home for periods of time to get the job done for them, then they pay for it. I get paid on landed daily rates, which means that when I go to another town to work, I pay for my accommodation and travel expenses. I get an allowance for living away from home. When the company wants me to go somewhere different for short periods of time - like this one, they pay those expenses. It won't be my car that I am driving into some scenic, but wild roads in the outback.
With that I had better go and get on with it.

Last edited by Shad : 05-10-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #96
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS.
A FAST POST FOR ME. ONE SICK IN THE OFFICE AND I JUST GOT THE CALL.
I'LL TRY AND CATCH UP LATER.
TAKING SOME WASH WITH ME. MIGHT AS WELL GET SOMETHING DONE FOR MYSELF WHILE I'M DOWN THERE.
HAVE A GREAT DAY
Old 05-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #97
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

I'm going to try and get out of the house a little earlier today so I will have to post at lunch time. Talk to you later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #98
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning/Evening Everyone.....

Had to cut the grass again last night...just did this past Thursday. Hella B has over fertilized the back yard and it grows by leaps and bounds. Plus all this rain...the grass is crazy. My neighbor fertilized his yard all the way over into my yard just to the driveway, so therefore my side yard is green, thick, and long.. I went ahead and just cut the entire yard. The people in my neighborhood do not get it that I LIKE drought and dead brown grass, less cutting for me. haha Fingers still hurt from all the yard work. Will be glad when they are in shape...

Will be back for personals later...be summonsed to the conference room.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #99
gettin' with the plan

Every one is in a rush this morning.

Shad
I'm looking this week end and maybe filling out the paper work. I'm not taking the title with me. I hope that the new car will be as good as I have now. I've enjoyed not having payments. This one will be 9 years old in August. Good luck with your search for a new vehicle. I need to investigate things like how much will my insurance will go up and my budget before I actually take that big leap.

Laura
Just took a look at the photo's, you are gourgeous (sp) Good for you in getting to step class.

Mel
Don't work to hard today. Make them mind you, ha ha.

Happy
Saw on the news that some of the Good Morning America team was at the river front and so was Diane Sawyer. The Mayor's old them that it was the low lying areas that was flooded. Things were normal every where else in the city. News media love to blow things out of proportion. As my sister told me yesterday be leary of the snakes. I've been expecting this.

Michelle
Zumba exercise in a chair. That would be great. Believe me you can ge a good work out while sitting down.
----
Rode the bike again last night. This morning I had a severe muscle cramp. Ankle area is still sore. Must be low on potassium.
The doctor's office called yesterday and told me not to take any more thyroid meds for a while. It's off the charts on the low side now. Last time it was on the high side. I still feel pretty good though.
One of the smaller towns in our area have been plagued with so much flood waters that their sewer system is overwhelmed. They are asking their residents not to use anything that empties into the sewer system. washing machines, toiletsetc.. Our system, for about a week, has been overwhelmed but this past week it has slowed down seen some. The pumping stations have been running 24/7 trying to keep up.
Someone mention Richard Simmons.He's still around. I saw him not long ago on t.v. He's certainly has aged.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #100
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Hump Day ladies -

I was so tired by the time I got home after work...and couldn't figure out why...that is until I realized I only got 4.5 hours of sleep the night before. I'm still tired today, but I'm managing to stay awake at my desk. I've got PT during the lunch hour today, a late afternoon meeting, then I have to go to the vet to pick up eye drops for Doppler. After work, I'm going to my water aerobics class.

I'm getting so fed up with being fat. I have no energy...my clothes aren't very flattering. It sucks. I'm doing well on what and how much I eat. It's just frustrating that the parts that used to be toned (like my arms) are now just flabby and flappy. But every time I try and talk to my PT about strength training...he says "not yet". I know, I know...baby steps. And I'm taking baby steps, but it sucks that right now toddlers and 80 year olds move better than me.

Happy - I'm glad you were able to sleep better on Monday night. So DH is going to postpone the trip to WI? A U-haul trailer, while expensive, might be a better option especially if it's bigger than your cousin's. I'm so sorry to hear your DH's pain has come back. I hope they can find the right medication to alleviate his pain. I think I've found a good med combination that helps most of the time. So sad about all the flooding, but I'm glad your house is okay. I hope you have a great day today.

Laura - I saw your photos on your blog too...you're so very pretty! It inspired me to start posting to my blog (which I haven't done yet) and also to look for a recent photo. The recent photo I found was right at the tail end of my bout with bronchitis, so I was still on Prednisone, so I was not only heavy but puffy...and I literally look like Jabba the Hut. I dare say you can't even count the number of chins I have in that photo on one hand. Perhaps I'll get a couple current photos taken for "before" shots. Though I do like the idea of using a old photo of me at what would now be my goal weight (even though back then I thought I was heavy) as before, then have a current photo, and then add progress "after" photos.

Shad - I do remember Richard Simmons, and even have some of his exercise videos...though I haven't used them in quite awhile.

Mel - Don't work too hard, but good idea to multi-task and get some laundry done.

Annie - Our grass really needs to be cut, but DH has to "de-winterize" the lawn mower first. I hope your fingers feel better soon.

Ceejay - DH and I both have 12 year old Toyotas...he has a 4Runner and I have a Corolla. They're still running great! (knock on wood) I hope your muscle cramps ease up and that the ankle pain goes away. Bananas, potatoes and/or Gatorade are good sources of potassium. Question regarding the small town that's not supposed to use their toilet....just how does one do that for days on end?

To Ceejay and Happy - Stay high and dry and away from those snakes, my Southern Sistas!

Love and hugs to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #101
Creating a Healthier Me

I walked 1/2 way to PT today (took the shuttle the rest of the way) - which is about 7 minutes....and all the way back....15 minutes. I was sore by the time I got back to my desk, but after I sat for a bit, I was okay. Okay...so it's only a 15 minute walk...but that's the farthest I've been able to walk without a walker, cane or shopping cart in MONTHS! And I only had a little pain by the time I got back to my desk. Maybe I'm ready to start adding 10-15 minute walks to my daily routine.

My Mini Goals:
Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #102
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GLAD THE DAY IS OVER. GOT ONE LOAD OF WASH DONE AND ASSORTED ODD JOBS. THE BOSS WAS OUT SO IT WAS SLOW. LOTS OF POLITICAL UNREST LATELY AND SPITEFULNESS GOING ON. VERY SAD. I FEEL LIKE I AM FOREVER JUMPING OVER PUDDLES AND THRU HOOPS. BUT FUNNY THING IS....IT'S NOT BOTHERING ME LIKE IT USED TO. IT MIGHT SOUND FUNNY BUT THE PAINS IN MY BODY AREN'T LETTING ME GIVE A CRAP WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE. AND ALL I CAN THINK OF IS COMING UP HERE FOR MEDS, JAMMIES AND MY HIGH SPEED INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOTTA LOVE MY NEW LIFE. FOOK EVERYONE ELSE!!
LOTS OF DRAMA WITH RICHIE'S FAMILY. WHO KNOWS IF AND WHEN THE KIDS ARE COMING FOR THE SUMMER....OR EVEN IF THEY WANT TO COME....UNGRATEFUL LITTLE WRETCHES. BESIDES, JEN COULD USE AN ENTIRE SUMMER OFF FROM THE MRS. STEP-MOM GAME. I AM PRAYING THEY STAY ON FLORIDA!! HOPE GOD HEARS MY PLEAS
NOW IT'S TIME FOR A SHOWER, JAMMIES AND DINNER SOON.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE

ANNIE....HOW ARE THE FINGERS??? ARE YOU DONE PLAYING WITH THE ROCKS NOW??? MAYBE YOU CAN BEGIN A LANDSCAPING BUSINESS AND MAKE YOUR OWN HOURS....AND HAVE ONLY ONE JOB!!!!

CEEJAY....HOPE THE PUMPS CAN KEEP UP WITH ALL THIS WATER. SEWERS ARE SMELLY OVER HERE AFTER WE HAD ALL THAT RAIN BUT IT'S GOMNE NOW. ENJOY YOUR CAR SHOPPING AND YOUR LONG WEEKEND. HAVE FUN

LAURA...I WILL COME AND SORT OUT YOUR DESK. MINE IS CLEAN NOW AND I HAVE LOADS OF TIME!! HOPE YOU GET TO SEE THAT MOVIE...I HEARD IT WAS GOOD. LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO. MY SNACKING WAS OFF THIS WEEKEND AND STILL CONTINUES. WE NEED TO SMACK OURSELVES ALONG SIDE OUR HEADS

MICHELLE...RICHARD SIMMONS DID A TAPE WITH EXERCISES IN A CHAIR...IT D A M N E D NEAR KILLED ME SO I GAVE IT AWAY! HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING THAT SUITS YOU GOOD FOR YOU GETTING OUT AND WALKING AROUND. I WENT RIDING!!

TO MISS HAPPY!!! HOPE YOU GOT TO SMELL SOME FRESH AIR & FEEL A BIT OF SUNSHINE

SHAD...I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE RENTAL CARS. OLD AGE I GUESS. I REMEMBER YOU TALKING ABOUT THEM NOW. I THINK IT WAS WHEN YOU WERE CHASING CROCS AROUND THE WILDERNESS! I WISH THE OFFICE PAID ME EVERY TIME THEY CALLED ME OUT AND I HAVE TO LEAVE MY APARTMENT!!! I'D BE A FOOKING MILLIONAIRE AND COME VISIT YOU AND DS2!!! I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AN HERB GARDEN RIGHT UNDER MY WINDOW AND THEN OPEN THE WINDOW AT NIGHT. YUM!!

Last edited by MELODY525 : 05-11-2011 at 03:52 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #103

Afternoon all - just a quick hello & update because I'm juggling several things today, including the two big projects. That's why my workspace gets so messy - I'm always working on so many different things, I need the files close at hand....

Feeling much better today because I skipped the Zyrtec!!! Debating if I should continue to skip it, or maybe just take it at night before bed. Speaking of bed and sleep - I think I slept alright until about 5 am, but boy did I have weird dreams!!

Bf had to replace the "starter rope" on the mower yesterday, in addition to mowing, weed whacking, and edging. He was tired after all that, so I took doggy for his walk. I was okay with that because I wanted to see the one house we always pass on one of our usual routes that has a large bed of lily of the valley that are really pretty right about this time of year. Our own front landscaping is in bloom or very close too - Korean spice viburnum, quince, purpleleaf plum, lilacs. It's been another warm day, so I'm looking forward to sniffing the lilacs when I get home.

I'm taking the circuit class tomorrow night, so I'll have another "free" night tonight. Maybe I'll do another dog walk, but we also need to pick up some groceries. I'm all out of most of my usual work snacks, and we also need a lot of other stuff.

Okay, back to work. Hopefully I can do personals tomorrow.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #104

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick run through as I need to break the sound barrier with delivering this latest course.
We're in the beautiful weather period at the moment although it is getting much cooler at night. Last night down to 11C but the highs during the day are around 24-26C. Perfect!!! DS2 tells me he is over winter already. weather weinie.

My wee vege garden is producing well at the moment. You can have lettuces - green or red Cos, raddiccio, mizuna, rocket (arugula) and red or green curly leaf lettuce. And you can have baby carrot, baby beetroot and a few baby peppers. There's red or green birds eye chili as well if you like the hot stuff. I've plenty of mint, coriander (cilantro) and both types of parsley. The green grocery shop is now open! Some dirty rotten cricket ate one of my tomato plants and is looking closely at another one - or rather was, because he is now in some other world.

At the moment we have an amazing early morning viewing of Jupiter, Venus, Mercury and Mars close together in the eastern sky. They are clear and bright and today for those not driving you could actually see the skylab moving past them. It's a wonderful sight.

Okay - better get back to making and attaching BOM's - and no that is not a spelling mistake. I'll be back for personals maybe tonight.

Last edited by Shad : 05-11-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #105
gettin' with the plan

Michelle
15 minutes is a good walk. I'm only doing 15 minutes on the bike. You are doing good. I know what you mean by the flab returning. I looked at my arms in disgust the other day. They used to be solid muscle. UGH.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.