3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Worldlies in May are moving and motivated

Old 05-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #76

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I am positive I posted here over the weekend, but I can't see anything so I'm presuming the post got lost or my head got full of other things and posting slipped out the side somewhere.

Not much time to post this morning. Back at work on a dreary wet day. Lucky the weekend was brilliant weather. Yesterday I planted some corn, some more parsley, some red and white viola and I picked up a lemon tree and a lime tree which will remain in pots for the foreseeable future. I need to get some nice biggish ones for them to live in. Last night we went to a Thai restaurant for dinner. I had satay chicken and a massamun curry. DS2 had pork balls (he says if he ever owned a restaurant he would never have balls on the menu) and yellow curry chicken. Quiet but nice day.

Today will however not be quiet. I am about to build up a head of steam and go talk to the (lack of) support desk. Whats the betting it will be my fault because I didn't know to delve into the realms of cyberspace and switch on some lousy checkbox.?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #77
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Back from my week end. Drove the long way around getting there but decided to go my usual route home. The bridge was okay except the low end. Some of the fields looked like lakes.

Hope every one had a good Mother's Day.

Going back to read the post.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #78
gettin' with the plan

Laura
I've had the same things with the ears. When I went to the doctor for my thyroid test, I had him to check my ear also. It was full of fluid. Hope you feel better soon

Happy
Has your mom gotten to your house yet? I'm going to pack a bag just in case we have to evacuate and keeping it in the car just in case.
Did they close Mud Island?

Annie
Glad you had a good day with your day and enjoyed the concert.

Mel
That is a great goal. I might have to join you.

Michelle
That's good news about Mischief.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #79
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Ceejay - I heard on the news tonight that Mud Island is closed to all but residents. 75 percent of the county just north of us was without power - and they have no idea why. And the snakes are moving inland with the water Guess I have to look for more than just worms on the sidewalk and beware of the BIG ONES

Met 1/2 of the new neighbors next door tonight. Seems like a really nice guy. He was raking the yard - the weeks. There is not a blade of real grass on the whole front yard. No wonder DH was constantly battling the mess that blew in from next door. Poor new guy - he doesn't know what he moved in to - DH told him about the squirrel holes in the roof. He did say he loved Chicago!

Anyway was a busy day today - I will get back with more personals tomorrow. Off to bed now - just stayed up enough to flip loads.

Ceejay - is I-55 ok up your way? DH is going to be taking a trip soon to go and pick up my cousins trailer and do some quick repairs at the new place. I've only heard that I-40 out of Little Rock is an issue.

Goodnight for now.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #80
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS. HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY!

HAD A NICE TIME YESTERDAY. WE HAD CHICKKEN AND RICHIE'S SWEET & SPICY MEAT SAUCE OVER PASTA. I LOVE THAT SAUCE HE MAKES. MORE LIKE SLOPPY JOES THOUGH. DELISH. I ATE TOO MUCH GARLIC BREAD
NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT. HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE....GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME AT BOB SSEGER'S CONCERT. TIME YOU HAD SOME FUN AND A NIGHT OFF!!

LAURA....SNOOZING ON THE COUCH WAS A GOOD ENDING FOR YOUR WEEK OF STRESS AND PROGRAMS. HAD A LAUGH THAT YOU FOUND PLANTS AT THE SUPERMARKET. I ALMOST BOUGHT THE SENIORS SOME PLANTS WITH MY OWN MONEY BUT THEY'VE BEEN SO NASTY THAT MY DRIVER TOLD ME TO PASS THEM UP! HAPPY [PLANTING. HOPE THE EAR FEELS BETTER. WE'VE BEEN TAKING ZYRTEC AND PLAIN MUCINEX FOR A WEEK TRYING TO KEEP THE FLUIIDS FROM BUILDING UP. I HATE EARACHES

SHAD...HOPE THERE DIDN'T HAVE TO BE YELLING INVOLVED TO GET THE CORRECT ANSWERS. WTF IS A HELP DESK FOR IF THEY CAN'T HELP"dizzy: HAVE A GOOD WEEK

CEEJAY.... GLAD YOU GOT BACK SAFE & SOUND. HOPE YOUR FRIEND WAS OK AND THE AUNT & UNCLES TOO. THE FLOODING MUST LOOK UNREAL. LAKES EVERYWHERE. PRODUCE IS GETTING EXPENSIVE UP HERE. GUESS IT WILL BE ALL SUMMER.

HAPPY....THAT POOR NEW NEIGHBOR. GUESS HE HAS HIS WORK CUT OUT FOR HIM. DON'T TELL HIM EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE...HE'LL SELL THE HOUSE AND MOVE TO CHICAGO
Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #81
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I had a terrible night. Could not get to sleep and when I did it was fitfully tossing and turning. I don't think I got 3 hours of sleep total. Makes for a not so happy very tired happy today. Can barely think straight so forgive me for not doing personals at the momemt. Hopefully I will wake up after a few coffees.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #82
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies -

I hope you all had a great weekend and that those who were sick are feeling better. I have started a post about my weekend activities and also personals to y'all, but wouldn't ya' know it, I just got hit with a super important very last minute project that I have to take care of. I'll try and finish my post later. In the meantime, I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Love and hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #83

Height: 5'5"

WOrk went well this weekend, but I Am still fighting this stupid cold. sounds like everyone had a great mothers day!

Take each day as it comes!

First Mini Goal

upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #84
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Well, personally, my weekend ROCKED!!! Lol...I am still on a Seger high. Beautiful Monday 75 degrees today, sunny, no rain in the forecast til Wednesday...haveta work tonight but don't even care, I am in a great mood, all that movin at the concert must of left a bunch of great endorphins....No personals for me as I am running home at lunch, think I left my dryer on. d*mn it.

Peace love and sunshine, flower power, hugs....

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #85

Morning all. Gonna (try to) keep this short.

Annie - Glad you enjoyed the concert. Enjoy that fine weather!!

Shad - Mmmm, Thai food. What was the no help desk's excuse for the failure of the remote connection?

Ceejay - Glad you had an eneventful drive this weekend. Just took my last zyrtec this morning and the store was out of the size that was on sale. Going to another store at lunch. No more pain, but I plan to supplement w/ zyrtec until the allergies calm down.

Happy - Your poor neighbor. Poor you - sorry you didn't get a good night's sleep!! Drink up!

Michelle - Good luck w/ the last minute project!

Ellen - Get well soon!!

Yesterday was...interesting. Good case for installing a double oven - bf started the ribs - 3 hours, 300 degree oven. The potato recipe called for 400 degrees, 90 min. What to do? He put the ribs on the grill halfway thru the cooking time. I thought he'd put them on the upper rack, but nope, he put them on the lower rack. And he never did get the temp adjusted down to 300 - so the grill was too hot to boot. Some of the ribs were overdone (the ones he deliberately served to himself). He wasn't a happy camper.

Additionally, bf didn't use the protective piece on our new mandoline slicer (to slice the potatoes) and he cut his finger. It was bleeding quite a bit and so his mom drove him to the ER (two of the nearby doc-in-the-box places were closed). It had stopped bleeding by the time they got to the ER, but there was no wait, so he let them irrigate it and dress it. Some Mother's Day for his mom! I finished preparing the potato dish in the meantime. The potatoes (an au gratin recipe) turned out tasty.

After dinner was done & his mom had gone home, we took doggy for a walk. We were both tired after that and ended up going to sleep around 9:30-ish.

At lunchtime I'm buying more zyrtec. After work I'll go to my step class.

That's about it, so I'll get this posted.

Last edited by Laura705 : 05-09-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #86
gettin' with the plan

Happy monday.

Happy
Maybe you can get better sleep tonight. I'm ready for these flood water's to recede.

Laura
Hope you can get the Zyrtec soon and that the bf's finger heals soon. I'm feeling better--at least not wobbly today.

Mel
Where are you this morning?

Michelle
Sorry about the work being piled on you desk this morning.

Ellen
Get well soon.

Annie
Don't you love it when You think you leave on an appliance?

Back to work this morning and this is a very short work week for me. I'd planned on going to my sister's graduation this week end. But decided that with all the flood waters still around and my check engine light keeps coming on I thought I'd better not go. I might decide to go in June but now it depends on the vehicle.

Have a good day.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #87
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday everyone -

Okay....now I have a few minutes, so here goes.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in over the weekend. We had a great Mother's Day weekend with DMIL. We went out to breakfast on Saturday, then to several nurseries to purchase plants. We ended up not going to the retaining wall seminar because we had to coordinate our errands around Mischief's medication times, and DH said he could probably find really good instructions online. One nursery we went to in Racine is huge and always has a lovely selection of plants, including ones you won't find anywhere else. They didn't have scooter carts there, so I'm glad we brought my walker/seat so that I could sit as often as I needed to. We got some lovely "burning bushes" for the front yard - they are a lovely green most of the year, then turn a brilliant red in the fall. We also got plenty of flowers - both perennials and annuals, and I've got nearly all the veggies I'm going to plant. I'm able to plant more this year as DH is building me a 4' x 4' garden bed in addition to the plants I'll grow in containers. So we'll have plenty of cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, beans, squash and whatever else sounds yummy to me next time I'm at the nursery.

Yesterday, was grocery shopping (with a scooter cart - yay!), followed by gardening/planting in the afternoon. It was gorgeous out...sunny and warm but not too hot. It felt wonderful to soak up all that sunshine! I planted lots of flowers using a low stool to sit on, and I was very happily surprised that I didn't have any back pain! Though last night, I was a bit stiff from all the walking, standing and planting done during the weekend.

Mischief seems to really be getting better! Her rear legs haven't collapsed once even when she's gotten really excited barking at dogs in our neighbors' yards or chasing after squirrels and doves. I'm taking her to the vet on Thursday for another blood test.

Shad - It sounds like you're having the same lovely weather that we are. Though your temps are probably a bit warmer. We've thought about having a wooden bench around one of the trees, but not only would the angles defeat us, our trees are roughly 40 years old and the trunks are so big that we'd have to make it huge. You're probably right about the lack of production from the hanging tomato thing. I fertilized it when I planted it, but not afterwards. I'll do better with my right-side up veggies. When is your trip to Central Queensland? I actually have steel-toed hiking boots for when DH and I go rock hunting. I'm glad DS2 took you out to a nice Mother's day dinner. Did you get any support from the no-help desk?

Mel - I hope the neck and shoulder pain have eased up. We didn't get to Costco this weekend, but we plan to go next weekend. We did stock up on some frozen items that were on sale at the regular grocery store. on the closet cleaning!! Good for you for clearing out all the unnecessary stuff and making the place look spiffier! I REALLY need to do that, but it seems when I have the time, my back's hurting, and when my back's not hurting, I don't have the time. I'm glad the maintenance men are looking out for you even if the ditzy tenant was harmless. Your Mother's Day dinner sounds really yummy!

Happy - Good for you for canceling your WW online. If you're not using it and don't like it, then why pay for it. I keep hearing about the Mississippi flood predictions and I'm sending : to you and Ceejay that you'll stay safe and dry. My DH heard they evacuated parts of Memphis over the weekend. Sorry about the Momma drama. My DMIL ships things out here prior to her visits, and ships them home before she leaves so that she can keep her suitcase under 50 lbs and not pay the extra fees. As for the massage, for me, the worst kind of massage to get is one that's too light. I've had those occasionally and it's like "What's the point? Why am I paying for this when I can't feel it?" I do let her know when the pressure is too much, but at the same time, I need her to really work the knots out. I'd rather have an enthusiastic masseuse than an enthusiastic dental hygenist. Bummer that the new neighbors have quite a lot of fixing to do in the house and yard. So sorry that you didn't sleep well last night. I hope by this afternoon you're doing better.

Annie - You're so right about missing all the times that our parents drive us crazy. I've spent the last week or two feeling blue REALLY missing my mom and dad. I figure it's cuz of Mother's Day. While I was grateful to be able to spend it with DMIL, my step-mom was away on a trip and couldn't be reached. I also really like the song Turn the Page. So nice that you spent time with your Dad yesterday.

Laura - Such a great surprise for your bf's mom!! I'm glad the nosy neighbor didn't spoil it. I hope your ear is feeling beter. Sometimes a nice nap is a good way to spend a weekend. Bummer about all the cooking issues with the ribs. I personally don't like the mandoline slicer. DH bought one for me a few years ago, and I thought I was using it (and the protective piece) correctly, but apparently I wasn't as I sliced the heck out of my finger. The bleeding didn't last too long, so I didn't go to the ER, but MAN, those things are sharp! Anyway, have a great time at your Step Class. I'm supposed to have a meeting with a trainer at the gym right after work...so I don't know if I'll just work out then or go home after the meeting and head back for the Water Aerobics class.

Ellen - I hope you're feeling better. Did you have a nice Mother's Day?

Ceejay - I hope you're staying safe and dry. No driving on any flooded roads, okay? Bummer that you can't go to your sister's graduation. I'm sure she'd rather you stay home safe than to take a chance on the dangerous flooded roads. Hopefully you can get there in June.

Time for me to get back to work.

Love and big hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 05-09-2011 at 02:55 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #88

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick fly past again this morning. I spent all day yesterday training 4 guys to do enough in the system to be able to test out the way it works this week. Now my bit of that is over but I am still a long way behind in my documentation and it is only a couple of weeks until I go on the road again. Looking at the agenda, it seems more driving than training. I can only hope that it doesn't rain up there again as much of it will be dirt track driving or developmental roads. These can be fun, but not in the mud.

DS2 went testing new cars for me yesterday. I think I've added a few to the list and scrubbed a few due to price or lack of gadgets and one because he couldn't get to test drive since it was raining and the salesman wouldn't let him take it out. I might still look at the car but won't be buying it from that lot.

Sorry if I am not doing personals, but I must get back to timesheet entry, work order closure, checklist the TECO and many other things that would turn your eyes glassy

Oh yes, and the problem with not being able to connect at home?? The person who loaded VPN on my computer forgot to put me on the VPN group list and you must be on there to be able to access. Hallelujah bruddah! I did however get an apology.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #89
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS.
LOVELY WEATHER WE'RE HAVING. BEEN PEDALING BY THE OPEN WINDOW AND ON SOME DAYS IN THE SUNSHINE! LIFE HQAS BEEN QUIET HERE AND NOT MUCH HAPPENING TO WRITE ABOUT. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY.....MY POST IS RIGHT ABOVE ALL OVF YOURS...I POSTED EARLY. SORRY TO HEAR YOU'RE NOT GOING TO YOUR SISTERS GRADUATION. TOO BAD ABOUT ALL THIS FLOODING AND THE CAR NEXT TIME.

ANNIE...GLQAD YOU'RE STILL FLYING HIGH.

HAPPY.....SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD SUCH A BAD NIGHT. HOPE LAST NIGHT WAS MUCH BETTER

LAURA...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BF'S HAND. I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE MANDOLIN BUT HAD ONE MANY YEARS AGO AND GOT CUT. GAVE IT AWAY AND NEVER GOT ANOTHER ONE. ALMOST LOST MY FINGERS ON A DELI SLICER TOO AND SOLD THAT DINNER SOUNDED YUMMY AND A DOUBLE OVEN EVEN NBETTER!!! GOOD IDEA.

ELLEN....HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER AND YOUR MOTHER'S DAY WAS A GOOD ONE TOO!

MICHELLE...WISH THEY HAD CARTS FOR EVERYONE BUT THEN THE STORE WOULD NEED A WHOLE ROOM JUST FOR THEM!! THE BUSHES SOUNDED NICE AND HOPE YOUR GARDEN FROWS & GROWS!! HAPPY PLANTING. GLAD YOU NAND THE DOGGIE ARE FEELING OK AND HE IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER!

SHAD....GOOD THING THE DS IS CHECKING OUT THE NEW CARS. WHEN WOULD YOU HAVE THE TIME??? HOPE THE WEEK'S WORK GOES WELL AND YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD CAR TO TRAVEL IN...OR DO YOU USE YOUR OWN??? THAT'S SOME ROUGH TERRAIN. SENDING A HUG
Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #90
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning...

I left work yesterday at noon and went home to work in the yard before CVS. Gots lots done. Fingers hurt from carrying/moving rock yesterday. Ochie.

Shaddie....my mgr at CVS got the Kia Soul...I think I mentioned it before, but man is it a nice car and get like 38 miles to the gallon, he said he checked it this past week and actually got 44 miles per gallon. Just a thought. Probably expensive tho...but most new cars are....good luck.

MELLIE...We have been enjoying the great weather also. Hope it stays around for a while...pedal in the wind......

Chelle...Racine, WI...I have a friend that lives in Trego, WI that is always saying she goes to Racine for stuff...small world.

Ceejay...well even if you are not going to the graduation, you will have some time off for you.

Happy...saw on the morning news all the flooding in Memphis, they also said not to worry that Elvis' home is not in the flood zone...Like really, he is dead, let's worry about the live people. Hope yoiu slept better last night.

Ellen...hope you are feeling better.

Laura...how's your world turning today?

Not much else going on... have a terrific day.

Love and Hugs

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.