Old 05-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #31  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Girlsssssss......

First, Chelle, what is the latest news on Mischief? I have been sayin doggy prayers...hope you are feeling good and sending great, happy good vibe, and endorphins...not to mention the huge hug!!!

Ceejay...yeah, I knew it was coming with Alan. He finally answered me back this morning saying he saw it coming and could tell I was struggling with it on our last date. He wasn't hurt and did I really want to remain friends? It might be ackward so I am going to answer not right now.

MELLIE...these crazy people in the world...why do they sit around thinking up destruction for the world? Why not think up good things for the world. Why waste your time on computer viruses when they could be doing something good with their time. Clearly they are mental.

Ellen...don't work too hard....Alan did ok with the response...I don't feel so badly now. Just a little badly....lol

Gotta get...got major hot shots coming in at 11 this morning. Got to get my ducks in a row...literally with all this rain! lol

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #32  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies,

I'm working from home this morning, and taking the afternoon off to go to the various vet appointments. DH has already dropped her off at our regular vet where she will have a treatment called a therapeutic phlebotomy...which is where they take out some of her blood and then replace it with IV fluids. This is to try and at least temporarily bring her red blood cell count down to a safer level. I'll pick her up this afternoon and then take her for her echocardiogram.

I was really sore when I got home from work yesterday. I had several back to back meetings at opposite ends of the Kohl's campus. I had my pedometer on and logged over 7000 steps, most of them were between noon and 4 pm. And I'd left my cane at home because I don't normally need my cane if I stay within the building where my cubical is located, and I didn't realize I had meetings all over the place.

It's going to be really chilly today with highs only in the mid-40s. We here in WI would appreciate it if Mother Nature brought some slightly warmer temps our way.

Laura - Good for you and bf on getting some yard work done. My DH has fertilized the grass, so now it will need mowing as soon as it dries out. Good for you for saving the bunny. From dusk 'till dawn, I have to check the yards for bunnies and "herd" them to the fence gates so they can get out before I can let the dogs out. I saw "The Four Seasons" years ago and really enjoyed it. Beatrice's hat (along with some others) did look like cookie cutters! And when I think of the amount of $$ some of the wedding attendees must've spent on those ugly dresses and ridiculous hats! I guess it's true what they say, money can't buy good taste.

Ceejay - I'm glad the guys in the big trucks are going to be your transportation until the flood waters recede. It is not safe to drive on flooded roads.

Annie - I agree...All of us Worldies or our families, pets, computers or anything else that motorized/mechanical are going to get and STAY healthy. With all the work at CVS, you deserve to treat yourself to a spa day. I'm glad you sent the text to Alan. It is better to be upfront and honest (which you have been all along). I agree it would be awkward right now if you tried to be friends. Thanks for the doggy prayers. We'll know more this evening after her echo. And I plan to call our regular vet tomorrow to discuss how we're going to treat this long term. I hope your "ducks" are all lined up nice and neatly for the hot shots.

Mel - As Laura said, we're all glad it wasn't you with a virus. So sorry to hear about the computer crash, but I'm glad you now have a contract with Dell that covers viruses, etc. I'm glad you're using a different browser than IE. Those security alerts are always scams. There are really bad people out there who prey on people like this. Bummer that the office drama is still going on. I hope the meeting goes well and that you have a lovely day on Thursday for your TJs trip.

Shad - Did you take photos of your Labour Day excursion? What did you end up doing?

I'd better sign off and get some work done before my 1/2 day is over at 10:30.

A big and to all my wonderful Worldly sistas!

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 05-03-2011 at 09:55 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning ladies
I may be staying home this week end. The St Francis river on highway 18 is over the bridge. I don't feel safe being out on the highway right now. I'm also concerned about the curve at Green Onion. Don't laugh this is a little bitty country community up in the boot heel of Missouri. There are a few houses with of course a bar and gaas station, plus grocery store.
I think my bff called last night but I'll call her tonight. I was completely out of it from the lack of sleep due to all the lightning,thunder etc and work has been crazy this week.
I'm wondering if this is blackberry winter! The high is 65 today and low 40's at night. I love it. Had to turn the heater on last night to take out the chill.

Michelle
I hope Mischief will be alright. I need to start wearing my pedometer again. but I basically do the same amount of walking except when the phones are ringing off the hook.

Annie
I know you will be prepared for when the big guys get there.

More later

Made it home with out a problem. Still had a bit of water on the street that I use to get home but nothing like Sunday. The water on my street has receded but the one low area still has water over it.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #34  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - I think with all the rivers cresting and roads flooding, I think it's wise for you to stay home this weekend. I'm glad you made it home okay and that the water on your road has receded. Be safe and dry, my sista.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #35  

Morning all.

Mel - Glad you're back up and running on the computer. My mother just got internet service, but the installer couldn't check to see that it was working - the computer had been moved to an upstairs room, but not connected, LOL. My brother will help her with that. Hope my mother doesn't have any problems, but between my bf, my BIL and my brother, she should hopefully be okay.

Ellen - I'm thinking it may be tough to guide my mother through some computer things over the phone, but she's the type who's going to hold off until she feels comfortable enough to even get on there. I hope she gets herself to a class at the library to get going. I think she'll love the internet - she's they type to call the library's reference desk about this that and the other. Having the ability to look up the information on the internet will really be fun & convenient for her.

Ceejay - Glad the water is receding, but it's definitely a good idea to stay home this weekend - the flooding can be causing all kinds of issues, and you don't want to be stranded anywhere in your car. BTW, they did blow up the levee in S. IL yesterday and the farmlands are being flooded.

Annie - Good you cut off this thing with Alan - what would be the point in prolonging it if it's just making you uncomfortable? If it's forced and you're not even comfortable doing friend stuff, better to just let it go. It's too bad you won't have any more home improvement store dates though... Good luck w/ the big shots today.

Michelle - Sorry you're sore after the unexpected amount of walking yesterday. Good luck to Mischief with his procedure and the echocardiogram today!! Makes sense to "flush out" the rabbits before letting out the dogs. The squirrels I don't care much about - they can get away more easily, but the rabbits are always scrambling to find a way to get under the fence - our newer wooden fences on both sides of our property are good because they have space under them, but the chain link one at the back doesn't.

You're so right about the huge $$ being spent on the wedding fashions - sometimes I just wish I had that money to do something worthwhile with - for myself and others! And if I were a regular tax-paying Brit commoner, I might also be unhappy about all the funds spent for the wedding itself... I'm sure they pay for at least a good chunk of it.

Oh, I forgot to answer your question yesterday about the pj pants - the couple I've sewn myself only had elastic, but a few I've bought have both elastic and drawstrings. Not sure I see the need for a drawstring if there's elastic, but it looks nice.

Hellos to Happy & Shad!!

Ate way too much yesterday and I felt like a cow wearing what happened to be my most clingy workout top and bottom to the step class last night. Oh well, I got past it and got in a good sweaty workout.

After class I picked up bf at home and went to the train station where I'd left my bike. Yeh, I rode my bike in the morning and TOTALLY forgot about it in the evening - I never even thought about it on the walk home at all - not until bf mentioned that it was strange that I hadn't ridden my bike that day once I'd gotten home. But I decided I'd be annoyed if I didn't have the bike to ride the next morning, so I rode my bike home just as the sun was setting. Brrr, chilly by then - I was glad the jacket I wore had a headband and gloves in the pockets. If it were just warm enough to not want to wear gloves (not that I've remembered to put them in the pocket of my new raincoat the past two weeks, lol), I'd be fine with these dry sunny days.

Vacation update: Bf and I changed our flights to late September yesterday. Hope the Pacific NW weather is still decent then. Apparently there was no longer ff miles availability for direct flights during the summer months, unsurprisingly. You snooze, you lose.

That's about it. No movie tonight - it was moved to Thursday, and the movie selected was Your Highness. Sounds horrible, so I'll skip it.

Okay, back to work.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #36  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I THOUGHT I BETTER POST TONITE. THERE IS A LOT TO GET DONE TOMORROW AND THEN THE MEETING. THIS BLDG SEEMS TO BE UNDER A BLACK CLOUD...ANYTHING THAT CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG IS AND ANYTHING THAT CAN BREAK IS TOO. THANK GOD JEN AND I ARE OK!!
BUT THERE IS A LOT OF MESS DOWNSTAIRS. MIGHT AS WELL GO DOWN AND FIX IT ALL BEFORE I END UP WITH THE LOT OF IT OVER THE WEEKEND.
NOTHING NEW HERE REALLY. JUST SETTING THE PC UP ALL OVER AGAIN BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT'S BEEN FUN. I THINK IT'S THE SPEED OF THINGS!! GOTTA LOVE MY CABLE TV HOOK-UP!! I AM STILL AMAZED AT IT ALL AND IT KEEPS ME HAPPY WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING THE SAD FACE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY AND I WILL BE BACK THURSDAY AFTER TRADER JOE'S. STAY WELL

ANNIE....HOPE YOU GOT ALL YOUR QUACKERS IN A ROW AND THE HOT SHOTS WEREN'T A PITA!!! STAY STRONG SISTA!! I WILL BE THE FIRST TO REMIND YOU OF DAD AND THE SLOW COOKING BEEF!! I AM STILL DROOLING OVER THAT POST. YUM

CEEJAY....THIS MORNING WHEN I POSTED I WONDERED IF YOU WERE DRIED OUT YET. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HIGHWAY. WE WERE WATCHING PICS OF FLOODED AREAS ALL OVER THE SOUTH. HOPE YOU STAY DRY AND SAFE TRAVELS. THE NEXT RAV YOU BUY BETTER HAVE WATER WINGS!!

MICHELLE....SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS TO MISCHIEF AND TO YOU FOR THE 7000 STEPS! WOW!! LOT OF EXERCISE THERE WOMAN!! HOPE THE BACK IS OK TONITE AND TOMORROW.

LAURA.....SEPT SHOULD BE STILL PRETTY WARM OUT THERE NO??? I'LL SEE TO IT THAT IT IS!! GOOD THING YOU THOUGHT OF THE BIKE....WOULD IT HAVE BEEN SAFE OVERNIGHT>> HERE IN THE CITY IT WOULD HAVE BEEN "COLOR ME GONE"!!! I SHOULD HAVE MADE MYSELF PJ PANTS BUT THE MACHINE IS SHOT AND I AM LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #37  
Creating a Healthier Me

Quick post to let you all know that we now know what's wrong with Mischief. She has pulmonary hypertension and a congenital heart defect. It sounds scarier than it is. It can be treated with meds, which we will be starting tomorrow. She has likely had both all her life (4 years) but we just didn't know it. Anyway, even though she will probably be on the meds for the rest of her life, we should start to see improvement in a week or two. Thanks for all your good wishes for her.

Last edited by diyana; 05-04-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #38  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Got my new laptop yesterday. Sure is alot of money for a tiny little box Need to transfer things from the old hard drive and DH has been helpful getting things set up. Now I just need to get used to the keyboard. I have a another doctor's appointment this morning. This time with the lung doctor for a check up. Good thing they gave me a reminder call as I did not mark this one down.

Michelle - sorry to hear about Mischief's woes but at least it's treatable. Hope the meds won't do anything to affect their personality and at least all will be well with the poor pup.

Mel - glad your new computer is making you happy. It's nice to have something that isn't clogged up and slow. Hope you and Jen can avoid the bad juju in the building Glad to hear that you are ok - was worried you hit a bump again.

Laura - glad you were able to save the little bunny. They are sooooo cute when they are tiny like that. Momma kicks them out of the nest very young. Hope your Mom gets the hang of the new computer.

DH is chasing me off the computer - I have to be ready in an hour so I'll have to pick this up later. Love to the chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #39  
Annie - Indiana

How funny is this...read my horoscope.........hahha

There are some hard-working folks behind the scenes who may have specific plans for your future -- make sure you know about them before things go too far and you're backed into a corner. Your own ideas about where you want to go next in a relationship are top priority, so make it clear to your friend or partner that you're not quite ready to be joined at the hip with them. Independence should still be very important to you -- it is the only thing that empowers you right now

Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #40  
Annie - Indiana

Back but quick fly by...they got me hoppin today....Chelle..good/bad news about Mischief, but at least doable and feel much better about it. Also sent you more books that we all have gone through here at work...no need to return any of them...

Hi's to everyone...gotta get before I get caught...Yikes.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Hope things goes well with the doctor's appointment.

Laura
I saw on the news that they blew the levy in s Ill. They were suppose to blow it Poplar Bluff, MO also.

Mel
When it rains it pours as the old saying goes. Stayinig on top of it is a good thing so you can rest the week end.

Annie
The horoscopes can be right on the money at times.

Michelle
Good to hear that Mischief condition is treatable.

more later
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #42  

Morning all. Quick hello. Slightly annoyed right now re this search for a new software application. One of our top two is making it difficult for me - providing references w/o a phone number or e-mail address? Requesting a confidentiality agreement before releasing a report whose content is normally provided to the public anyway? Grrr. They are now in the number two spot.

Nothing much else to report. After work yesterday I dug around in the dog’s insurance papers and vet bills and bf and I decided not to change our coverage. The customer service person I talked to when I called to renew the policy over the phone tried to upsell me last week, but after thinking about it, checking the records and discussing it w/ bf, we think what we have is sufficient.

Speaking of doggy - Michelle, glad to hear that Mischief's condition is treatable even though it sounds pretty scary! I hope she's back to her usual self in a couple weeks!!

Mel - I hope that black cloud over the building goes away soon so you can relax and enjoy yourself on the computer and in front of the tv!! Glad you and Jen are not being directly affected! Enjoy your TJ's trip tomorrow.

Happy - Enjoy your new laptop! Hope all goes well w/ the doc and the lungs are clear and healthy.

Annie - Hop to it! When do the bigwigs go away?

Hellos to Ellen, Ceejay & Shad.

Tonight will probably be Body Sculpt class. Haven't tried one of those yet.

TTFN!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #43  

Hi Ceejay - you snuck in on me today! Yeh, sad that all the farmland is being flooded, but I guess the town/homes were deemed more important. Haven't been watching much of the coverage, but it's just sad what all this flooding is doing.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #44  
Creating a Healthier Me

Crazy busy today...and having a hard time focusing cuz I'm thinking about Mischief. The vet said that with her condition, her lifespan will almost certainly be shortened...but with the medication, her quality of life will be improved as she won't get so tired when she plays, nor will her back legs collapse when she's tired.

Thanks for all your good wishes and support with this. I love you, my dear friends.

Gotta get back to it...I've got PT in an hour - I should cancel as I have so much to do...but I really do need a good stretching treatment.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #45  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hidee ho,

Spent an hour and a half in the doctor's office just to see the doc for 5 minutes. They could not really find the spot on my lung (on the x-ray) so I had to wait (30 minutes) for a cat scan so they can do a compare. All the while I am thinking - what happens if I get lung cancer from all the radiation you are exposing me to on tests to see if anything is amiss?

Water is creeping up here - they say it will be a flood to rival some of the big ones. I think it's supposed to crest next week. My house is not in danger yet and fortunately it doesn't affect my commute either ... yet. I hope not as we sit on one of the lowest points in the subdivision. I feel badly for people trying to make decisions on the levees - save a town and houses or put the farmers out by flooding their fields? I heard on TV that the farmers would get some (but not total) reimbursement for their losses. Sure seems like the world is about to take a nosedive, doesn't it?

Are you doing ok Ceejay? Hope you don't have to take a monster truck in to work I am starting to get concerned about all this wetness and the ensuing mold that is bound to be in the air.

Michelle - Mischief is lucky to have such concerned "parents" - not sure how you will get a pup to be calm, but his life is certainly better for you being a part of it. Sometimes it seems our pets have more medical woes than we do.

Laura - I can see signing a non disclosure / confidentiality clause as that is standard but I would see the lack of complete references as a HUGE red flag and I would tell the vendor that. I think some software companies are used to the dog and pony show for the executives who don't have a clue and then us little guys have to make it work. Maybe the vendor does not like dealing with the little guys. Good luck to you - sounds like you have your hands full.

Annie - that is way too funny about the horoscope. It's too bad that we haven't discovered the secret of making people like one another. Even the computerized match dot com techniques don't work. On the other hand, we have alot of Indian people here. And it is an accepted part of their culture for arranged marriages. They have a right of refusal if needed but for the most part, all seem to be happy. They enter the relationship trusting their parents would find someone who will be a good partner and then grow to love that person. Usually. Sometimes it doesn't work out but their idea of relationships is so different than ours. I think it was nice of you to let him gently know how you felt and thought it was wise of you to cool it for a while. Friends means I'll go out with you in a group of other friends buddy I guess you just have to stop being so hot looking Annie - show up in Crocs shoes with rollers in your hair and adjust one boob strap high and the other low so you are really crooked and then see what he thinks - I'll bet he still thinks you are a honey

Hi Ellen - how are the kids?

Been doing this post sporatically - need to get back to work now. See yahs
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote