Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 10:37 AM   #61  
Woman on a Mission

Good Morning,

Well weigh in yesterday was a bit disappointing and I'm up almost a full pound. I guess I'm not watching things as close as I thought. Need to get in more exercise so that's this week's priority.

Went wedding dress shopping with my sister yesterday and she lucked out and found the perfect dress right off the rack. She'll look radiant that day to be sure. The grin on her face after she got it was a mile wide and I knew she was relieved to have that part of planning her day done.

DH and I finished decorating my new office last night and I'm quite pleased with the results. Got a nice set of cranberry colored curtains for a splash of colours and four little pictures with old fashioned country scenes in it to tweak my imagination when I feel like taking a journey in my mind instead of working on accounting. LOL.

Karie, I'm glad to see you back posting. I know this journey gets darn hard sometimes...we're all either going through it or getting past it, but we're here and we'll do our best to keep you motivated.

Hope you all are having a good weekend. Off to have breakfast, grocery shop, laundry and homework. Whoo hoo what an exciting life I lead

Take care,

Pam
Old 01-19-2003, 01:25 PM   #62  

Hi Ladies,

It is a beautiful sunny day today after a cold night. I think it got down to about 3 or 4 below 0 F. Not as bad as it was last week. Last week it got down to at least 12 or 15 below one night and the same night Saranac Lake less then an hour away was the coldest in the nation at 33 degrees below 0. I am ready for a January thaw!

Karie it is so good to hear from you. Don't worry you can do it. I understand what you are going through. After losing 40 lbs I can't seem to make any progress no matter how hard I try. But with my new exercise program I can feel I am toning up and I am also learning how to maintain. I have noticed my slacks fit a lot more comfortably then they did when I first got into them and I have had to stop wearing some of my older ones because they were getting uncomfortablely large.

If we can live in a healthly lifestyle and keep off the weight we lost we are still acomplishing something. And if we keep doing what we are doing the scales will have to start moving sooner or later. I HOPE! The hard part is keeping the motovation when the scales don't show it. I have a bad habit of getting on the scales every morning, and they are not terribly accurate so they go up and down each day. I know it would be better to only get on once a week, but I can't break the habit of stepping on every day!
even when some days its discouraging! Last year when I first started my diet, it went down every time I got on and it was so encouraging!

Pam your office sounds awesome. You should enjoy working there. Are you working for employers at home or are you a certified public accountant? My sister who lives in NH is an accountant. She works from her home and several times a week has to go to different offices where she brings their accounts up to date and does their payrolls. Your Sister sounds so happy, what a special time, getting ready for her wedding.

Cat, you are unbelievable with that treadmill. I can't even imagine going 6 miles at one time. I think I am doing great getting back up to 1.8 miles this morning. But I am determined to do it every day. I didn't have time before church this morning but after church and breakfast I came home and did it. Before I started this challenge I wouldn't have done it later, so that is progress!

Hi to every one I missed. Have a great op day!
Old 01-19-2003, 01:34 PM   #63  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Pam..it was probably that meal that you had don't worry about it..it will be gone next week the office sounds really nice. How exciting shopping for wedding dresses..can't wait to see the pic's.

Karie..great to have you back

I walked 6 miles yesterday (for a total of 18 miles in 4 days) while watching "From Dawn till Dusk" i've never seen it before and when they were fighting all the vampires my adrenaline was pumping and my little legs were going like the clappers then i did about 15 mins of weights..i allowed myself 2 beers last night with it being Saturday night (i live an exciting life too Pam) so my calorie count was up a bit but i 'burned' 470cals on the treadmill so it should balance itself out i'm gonna watch the second installment of 'Taking it Off' at 11am..one guy weighed in at 463.8lbs last week..he could'nt believe it he thought he was about 375lbs..anyone else watching it? gonna get some brekky and then start my 'hamster' routine
Old 01-19-2003, 01:41 PM   #64  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Grandma..we were posting at the same time i'm just the same with the scale it's parked right by the toilet and everytime i 'go' i hop on it and it does go up everytime because i'm full of food and water but today i vow to put the in the closet and not let it out until next friday's weigh-in..i said i'd do that yesterday but did'nt bother for some reason are you going to join me ? hide it somewhere until your next 'official' weigh-in
Old 01-19-2003, 03:27 PM   #65  
Woman on a Mission

Hi again,

Grandma G, thank you for your eloquent post this morning. I was feeling a bit in the dumper about my weight and lack of motivation but you're right...keeping off what I've lost already is a great accomplishement also. My home office is for me to work in for my night courses. I'm working towards an undergraduate certificate in accounting through a local university through home study courses. I work full time as a book keeper but wanted some courses under my belt so that I could understand what I was printing off on for our financial statements. After the certficate (seeing how well I do as it's ten courses) I can then apply for the diploma and if I really like it (that's ten more courses) then I can transfer those into the pursuit of a CMA desgination. That would take years but hey who knows? I'm not even 30 yet

Cat I'm happy that you watch Taking it Off too! I love that show. i teared up for Malcom when they read him his official weight. The poor man seemed so devestated as he knew he already had a momentous journey ahead of him let alone tacking on another 80 pounds. Those girls that room together drive me a bit nuts. I can't wait to watch tomorrow night. The deal I have with myself is if I want to watch it I have to be on the treadmill while I"m doing it. Thanks for the encouragement wtiht the gain this week..here's hoping next week is a bit more favourable.

Well off to finish laundry and watch the NFL games today. I'm anxious to watch the Oakland/Titan's game.

Have a good one and i"ll check back later,

Pam
Old 01-19-2003, 06:18 PM   #66  
Gym'll fix it!!

Pam..do you mean the 'sisters'? the one that is dieting actually said that she was glad that her little sister was now bigger than her and the 'little' sister (who looks like she is eating herself to death ) said she would'nt change her eating habits to help her sister you should have seen her pigging out..she dropped some cake on the table and licked it off..i feel like knocking their heads together because they are both really pretty and could be knockouts if they slimmed down a bit...i don't know how far this girl will get because she's only making a half-hearted attempt..time will tell
Old 01-19-2003, 06:38 PM   #67  
Woman on a Mission

You bet...those were the girls I was talking about. When she was joking about her boobs being too big for her to reach the table all I could think about was "it's not funny". Both those girls are gorgeous. when the roomate kept talking about how she wasn't going to make one single effort to help her out with her journey I thought to myself that she's in for a long hard road. I hope she hears that "click" for herself but gosh I'm not feeling real positive about her right now. They live here in edmonton...I wonder what I'd do if I saw them out at the night clubs they were talking about? I hope I wouldn't turn into the food police or something LOL.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:33 PM   #68  

Hi ya,

Okay today was a much better day. I know I can get that feeling back again. I will be in control and I will feel good again not to mention get into that new suit I bought!

Thanks so much everyone for the words of wisdom. I guess we just can't hear them enough.

I was at the gym this morning for my regular 2.6 mile walk and 20 minute weight session. I need to work on upper body strength right now. I finished my glass blowing course last weekend and realized that if I wanted to do bigger pieces in the future, I am going to have to heft a whole lot more molten glass than I felt I could this time around.

I haven't seen Taking it Off but I just searched the TV Times and see it is on tomorrow night at 7:30 so I will try to catch it.

You are all doing so well with the walking right now. It does feel so much better to be moving.

Pam and Cat, great mental picture of you two on your treadmills totally engrossed in the television.

Hi Grandma C, hang in there. I agree we will do this together.

Have a good evening,
Karie
Old 01-20-2003, 08:31 AM   #69  

Hi Ladies,

I didn't do so good with my eating yesterday. We went to a memoral service and they had a dinner after with tons of food. And you know how it is, even though you just take a little of each thing there are so many dishes! I ended up with a big plate full and I ATE THE WHOLE THING, then to top it off they had all kinds of cakes, brownies, cookies etc and someone had made white cake with peanut butter frosting and of course I couldn't resist the peanut butter frosting so I had a little piece. And as if that wasn't bad enough, later in the evening we were at our sons house and my dil fixed some garlic bread. I just had to have two little pieces! NOT A GOOD EATING DAY! The only thing I did right was keeping to a very small piece of cake and very small pieces of garlic bread even though I would have liked more - maybe that at least was an accomplishment!

But today is a new day and I will do better! I will

Cat you are right, I will put the scale away and only use it on Friday at my official weigh in I won't get on it until then.

I have thought of another idea too. In the winter I don't drink nearly as much water as I did this summer. Maybe if I start drinking more it will help with the weight loss. Starting this morning I will increase my water intake. I don't think it is good to drink an excessive amount, but certainly more then I am. What does everyone else think? I remember we kind of obsessed on that at first!

Pam it sounds like you have a good plan for your education and I know you will do it. It doesn't matter how long it takes. In five years you will still be five years older wheather you take the courses or not, so why not take them. I read that in "dear Abby" once when someone wrote in asking if Abby thought she was too old to go back to school. That was abbys answer! My dad only went to 9th grade and didn't graduate from high school. When he was in his 60s and retired one of his grandchildren went for his GED (equivalent to a high school deploma) so dad went with him for encouragement. I don't think the grandson ever did get it, but Dad did and he was so proud of himself he went on to college just to prove he could. He only went one term but he made the dean"s list. Moral - you can accomplish anything if you want it badly enough and it doesn't matter how old you are THAT GOES FOR THIS WEIGHT LOSS TOO - WE ALL CAN DO IT

Has anyone played that new game "Cranium". We played that at my sons house last night and we had a ball. I think there are only supposed to be 4 players but we just divided everyone there into teams. At first there were 6 of us then my granddaughter and her boyfriend came in and later my grandson. I haven't laughed so much in years. Especially when my son acted out Marilyn Monroe for us to guess!

Hi to karie and anyone else I missed, I hope we all have an op day!

Exercise time, I have a date with the treadmill AT LEAST 1.9 MILES TODAY - MOVIN ON UP
Old 01-20-2003, 09:28 AM   #70  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,

Hello to Grandma G., Pam Karie and everyone...I am re stating my goals again today... I too am going to hide that metal contraption and only weigh in once a week, I get to frustrated when I do it daily and that darn thing goes up and down all the time...

My son goes back to college today, thereby making my treadmill accessible again.. I plan to use it this afternoon.. and try to do it daily from now on... I will have to see how far I can get....

Not much to say,, been doing well with my eating, and I read that if you drink tea, any kind it is good for weight loss, I used to drink pots of it and I was able to maintain a lower weight back then, so hoping it will work again,, and since its so cold out, is good time for it.

Well, I better get to work. Pam your new office sounds nice and pleasant, I need to get mine drywalled and fix the drafts... my office used to be an enclosed porch, it has heat in it but is only over a crawl space and not insulated.. only paneled so I am cold in here alot... especially my feet. I told my DH what I want him to do, so this summer he will do it... it is one of my goals..... I have so many.. but my main one is to get down to at least 20 pounds by summer, that isn't to much to ask or expect.. right? right....

Later, have an op day and stay warm.

Dahlia
Old 01-20-2003, 04:03 PM   #71  

Default Hey everyone!

Last week I couldn't get online at all. I was working with my children's theatre group, casting Annie Get Your Gun. We work with 4-8 graders where I grew up (my mom founded the group). She has been doing it since 1974. Now I help by choreographing the musical numbers.

Anyway...It has been 20 days (let's call that 3 weeks) on Atkins and (drum roll please)...

4.5 pounds down!
1/2" smaller bust!
1.5" smaller waist!
1/2" smaller hips!

I didn't join the gym last week, because I never would have been able to go, so I am joining this week. I am very excited at how well things are going.

Now I will be able to check in again everyday. Hi to everyone on the board!!!

Talk to you soon....
Meg
Old 01-20-2003, 04:49 PM   #72  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey..great to see more of us are posting again I took the day off yesterday from everything and only moved to fuel the woodstove and make dinner ate to much chocolate, sweets and dessert too but like Grandma said 'today is a new day' oh..and i did put the metal away too!
Grandma..that game sounds a hoot..wish i could have seen your son is it kind of like charade's? what exactly do you have to do?
Meg..congrats on the weightloss
I'm still in my dressing gown at 1.45pm..lazy Bad Girls will be on at 2pm so i can either exercise then or wait until Coronation St comes on..decisions..decisions
Old 01-20-2003, 05:12 PM   #73  
Woman on a Mission

Hello Ladies,

Popping in quickly to say HI!

Meigg, awesome job. Way to go.

Dahlia, Grandma G, Cat, Karie hi to you and hope all is well.

Doing all right today food wise and I've got my treadmill date tonight to watch my show

Have a good one and hopefully I'll have more time to chat tomorrow.

Pam
Old 01-20-2003, 07:53 PM   #74  

This is feeling like old times!

This has been a pretty good day for me too. I made a big pot of beef barley soup last night. 2 pts for a cup so I have confidence that I will coast through dinner with maybe 4 pts and 3 for a small bagel. It does get easier as I get a few days under my belt.

Grandma, I think yoiu are right that drinking water really helps with getting the weight moving again. When I forget or slow down, I do find my weight gets stuck. It still try to drink 2 litres a day.

Pam, I love going to school. Your home office sounds wonderful. I think that CMA would look great behind your name.

Meigg, Good job on the Atkins diet. It is so exciting to see that old scale go down.

Dahlia, Welcome to the recommitment party. It just seems like the right time, doesn't it.

Cat, I think you just have to figure out home many kilometers to have to walk to walk off the chocolate and you can have a "balanced" diet

Good to hear from everybody.

It is so cold here and terrible icy rain. I am going to work at getting my studio into some kind of order.

Have a great evening,

Karie
Old 01-21-2003, 04:26 PM   #75  

Hey everyone. Just popping in to say high. Things are going well today. - oh, but I forgot to mention one thing about work. I don't know if you remember, but July 1st of last year my boss cut my salary $10,000 (for the rest of the year). I never got that money in the xmas bonus, but instead he gave me cookies. Don't even get me started on giving the fat girl cookies...

Anyway, he just gave me a $5,000. But, when you do the math over the year, I am losing an additional $5,000 (because now it will be for the whole year - not just for 6 months).

So, I made a second New Year's resolution (albeit a little late). I am going to find a new job. Between that and my body, I have alot of work to do!

Karie, sounds like you are doing great - keep it up!

Hi to Pam, Cat, Dahlia, and everyone else!

Meg
Closed Thread