Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 06:57 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #38 Happy New Year!

As 2002 comes to a close, it's time to reflect on teh accomplishments of the past year and set our goals for the year 2003!

DH and I are in our new home! We planned and sacrificed alot to get here. It was a struggle most of the time and worth the aggrevation.

My new job seems to finally fit me. Leaving the prison was a good move for me and I seem to be happier.

For 2003 I'd like to get back to my lo carb woe and haelthy lifestlye. I haven't lost any weight and put on a few pounds the past year. I have a few medical conditions that respond nicely to this. And I Need to do this for myself.

I'd also like to be enrolled in my Graduate Program by Fall 2003.
This should keep my plate full.

I also hope and pray that all the posturing in Korea and with IRAQ can be settled w/o war . I fear that won't be the case.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2002, 10:16 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi all I am celebrating my 43 birthday today. UGH I am OLD!!!

for this last year i have gotten a good paying job taken in a 18 year old boy destroyed my house in the mean time taken up a new puppie that the kids were suposed to care for but you know who is doing most of the owrk as she is dealing with messed floors. I have gained many pounds this last 2 months and my pants do not fit my hands hurt and but in retrospect of this year although things did not happen like i had wished i am very happy. DH and i although have our differences are still together and very happy still after 20 years.

this next year i plan on taking control over my life and getting back on tract of caring for my self as i too feel the results of my weight gain.

I will say that Pam is still around but going to have back surgery this january so is layed up for a while.

Pat has sure had your hands full this year with a new job and new house!!!

Melody and you too with the on and off relationship with DB. hope that he is true to his work and really fixes his life up for your sake and the kids. your job and finanaical situation also has been in havock (mine too) and many things in your life this year has been very tough for you. I hope and pray that this year will be good for you.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:32 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

God morning all,

Well we had my family over for X-mas yesterday. The 5 boy wrecking crew(my 5 nephews)And their parents.

I can't wait for the holidays to be over. DH and I have had a head cold thing and he through out his back.

I plan on getting through some more boxs today. In my quest to get settled.

Pam is having Back surgery, Oh my gosh things must be quite bad. SHe has has so many boughts with that, this past yaer.
Mnay prayers and hugs to yiu Pam.

I miss her.

Sue, we will get back on track. You have had a stressful year. I pray things are better for you and your family this year you deserve it!

Melody , how were the holidays? I will need your success and energy in the next few weeks as I get back to taking care of myself!

The New year is coming and we willl soon put the old one to bed!
Old 12-30-2002, 02:42 PM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello All.

Well tomorrow is new Years Eve. It has been quite a year. A year of dashed hopes and broken dreams...but it has also been a year of growth, and inspiration, as I have realized I am much stronger than I ever thought I could be. I have realizzed that putting myself first is not selfish, but essential to my own survival. If I take care of me, and my own happiness , my children are that much better for it.

This coming year I am hoping to accomplish many things. I have 40- some more pounds to go. ( I too have gained over Christmas. How much I do not know because I don't want to know, I will not weigh until I know it is gone.) I will see my goal attained this year.

I also have a few financial goals. I plan on saving 10% of everything I make...including tax return and child support ( if I ever see it). I have a goal to have $1500 in savings by this time next year, and to have $500 in a Christmas club account for next Christmas. I also want to begin rebuilding my credit, and paying off all my debts so that I will not have so much to worry about.

I also am planning to go back to college in the fall to finish my BA. I will be super busy, but it will be well worth the raise when I graduate.

I want to make myself better. I want to become what I always thought I would be, before I got sidetracked.

I Miss Pam. Everyone seems to be scattered to the winds lately. We all need to refocus and come back. When we are here, we accomplish much together.

Lots of love and best wishes for the new year.
Melody
Old 12-30-2002, 09:16 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

very well said Melody!! alone we are strong but together we are powerful and undefeatable!!!~

tha next year is our time to succeed all of us including Pam!!! we all have gone through so much in our lives!! this next year is ours to succeed!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:04 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

hi all,
Melody it's good to hear from you! Yes we have been scattered but it is time for me to focus! I need to empty my kitchen of all those Bad things in there because like an alcoholic if it's there I think about it till I finally make it OK to eat it. And I just feel yucky about it.

Sue Yes what I can't do alone we can do togther. We have so much strength as a team! I plan on starting the weekly challenges again next week! ANd Moving the old body!

Well girls enjoy the last evening of 2002!

A happy and very blessed New Year to you!
Old 01-01-2003, 01:16 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Time to detox and really plan where we are going this year!!!

I need to set my goals and not be detered from them this year.

Girls clean your house and mind cuz we are going to go full force!!!

within a week my boss will have surgery and then be transfered to my unit for a few weeks and then i told her she will be a captive audience and can not escape me and i will have planty of time to get to her and she can not walk away!! (work stuff) she is looking forward to it! so i want to wow her with my progress as i get her attention and mind to finally get control over weight issue. (she wants to do the low carb but need to sit long enough to learn about it)
Old 01-02-2003, 06:16 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Hello! Yes ifinished the darn cookies I made a week ago yesterday and had a poto w/ my dinner. It's all gone now!

So My focus is to get off the diet soda and get the water back in my life. That is waht I plan to do between now and next Monday. Flush the toxins out!

Are we ready girls???
Old 01-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

1 day OP!!

bought my self a dishwasher yesterday and put it in yesterday too. It is sooo nice!!

now te breaks have gone on my can completely gone!! so it it time to get new ones!!!

but yes i am getting ready for the big push on monday!!!
Old 01-04-2003, 06:11 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Hey you two, As that is where we're at right now!

I was good thurs and poor on Friday! I did however check out the gym near my home! Very nice and I think i'LL join today. It will be nice moving my body again! I miss it. Shooting for an OP weekend and a weigh in Monday. I am holding some fluid!
DH and I are going to Nashville in Feb. I would lik eto see 10#'s gone by then. So I have some clothes to wear!

Sue I bought a dishwasher for the new house and I love it! Way to go on the OPness! We will make our goals!

Hey Melody How are you?

Happy New Year Pam, Terry, Dana
Old 01-05-2003, 06:01 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Well goodmorning all!

Well I took the plunge yesterday and joined the gym! On a Saturday no less and stayed and worked out! Feel it this morning though LOL.

I am mentally trying to get back on tract. Alot of self talk. I have let a year go by w no weight loss and have gained about 10 + pounds back of what I lost! UGH!!!

How easy it is to not take care of business. I started cooking the old way, making it OK not to work out when if I was trully honest , I always feel better when I do. Lost sight of mu dreams. ANd time just passes!
Old 01-06-2003, 05:20 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Well I am now talking to myself! Do At home too LOL. I am up and will be off to the gym!

I will be OP today.
Weighed in yesterday @247#
The least I weighed was 1 + year agao when I breifly saw 228. I have almost put on 20# UGH. Now I have to get rid of it again.
But I did it before and can do it again!

So my fist mini goal is 228! 19 # to go!

How is everyone else doinG?
Old 01-06-2003, 02:45 PM   #13  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello Pat & Sue,

Things are going here. I started a new thing with my diet. I have a goal to make 1/4 of everything I eat raw veggies. This started yesterday, and I did well. Drank all kinds of wter too. But I think I over did it, or eating veggies just sent my system into shock because I ended up with a migraine and diarrhea.
I have since felt like complete crap. My throat is sore, and I know I have a sinus infection. I am all achy, and yucky feeling. I keep getting dizzy spells . I just feel awful. I am continueing on my quest to eat more veggies however, but have not been so gun-ho about it today. Hopefully today I will get in some exercise.

I bouhgt a new workout tape it's called 10 minute solutions. It has 5- 10 minute workouts on it. One is boot camp, pilates, ballet, kickboxing, & yoga. I like it. That way if I have 20 minutes to work out I can do 2 segments, if I have more time I can do more. Very flexible.

I went back to work today. I had a easy day. Only 12 kids. It was a nice first day back.

Hope you guys are on the OP wagon as well. Hang in there!
Old 01-06-2003, 09:44 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

I am doing fine here!!!

good to see you melody. nice to have my kids back in school

I strugle to get on the puter but i am doing well mentally

Pat do not feel bad i too briefly say 169 last year at this time and i see 195 i will say that i was ranging around 175 for most of the time last year so i gained 20 since starting work. I goal to see firmly 160's before summer!!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:28 AM   #15  
Work in Progress

Hey all!
The 3 compadres are back!

1 Day OP! A little crumpy and headachey but OP!

Lookking at Day 2 right in the eye!

Melody hope you are feeling better!

Sue It's just so frustrating when I think of it but what's done is done.
Closed Thread