Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 12:49 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Everyone have a Moo-ey Christmas?

Hi kids! Is that Peachie back from her gallivanting yet? I suppose I will have to wait for days to find out about all the eligible silver haired charmers she is flirting with.

We managed to have a relatively unsick Christmas day here -- I'm almost human again and DD shed her illness in short order. 24 hour flu indeed! She even ate Christmas dinner to my surprise. We had 14 here for dinner, even my handsome 26 yr old nephew showed up.

Going to see the new Lord of the Rings movie this afternoon. Enjoy your post-holiday lull, everybody!

Kiwi

P.S. I have to add something on-topic I didn't stuff myself at Christmas dinner, yay for me! Enjoyed it, but didn't overeat. I made up for that with too many drinks, probably...
Old 12-26-2002, 05:38 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Talking sausaging myself into my jeans!

Hey Kiwi! Glad to hear that everyone's healthy again.

It's not that I ate a lot at any particular meal, but I just sort of *grazed* the whole time - too many cookies, chocolate Santas etc. Probably gained 5 lbs but we'll just pretend it's water, like those darling lo-carbers do. Actually did go for a half hour walk today, so that's a start in the right direction.

Christmas lunch at the ils on the 25th was kind of wierd. I was expecting goose or turkey or something but all we had was a choice between a steak or some left over pork roast with canned green beans and potatoes. Bleh. We got out of there in a hurry.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:41 PM   #3  

Hi Kiwi, glad to hear you and DD recovered in time for Santa's visit.

I'm worn out from all the frivolity, and we still have 2 more parties this coming weekend. Our Christmas was wonderful. Santa was very good to us all. We had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner at my parent's house, and we had a big Christmas morning breakfast at our house. I won't have to eat for a month.

Can't wait to hear from Peachy.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:42 AM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
Christmas lunch at the ils on the 25th was kind of wierd. I was expecting goose or turkey or something but all we had was a choice between a steak or some left over pork roast with canned green beans and potatoes. Bleh. We got out of there in a hurry.
Wow, what a gyp. Maybe they forgot it was Christmas...

My sissie poo has cooked so many dinners for 10 or more this week that she deserves a medal. I remember when she used to be a semi-vegetarian and had to leave the room when the turkey was carved We had a chicken casserole on Sunday for 11, we took them out to dinner on Monday, we had a ham dinner for 10 on Tuesday, a yummy brunch for 10 and a turkey dinner for 14 on Christmas, and a birthday dinner of ribeye steaks for her dh tonight for 11 of us. We are going to a dinner party tomorrow at sis's friends' house. She says we have to eat up all the leftovers on Saturday.

I think it's water-weight too, Sugar. Just go swimming a couple of times and the excess will escape through your pores like magic.

How'd it go with Bagz this week? Able to sit down, dear?

Ta
Kiwi
Old 12-27-2002, 10:36 AM   #5  
fatter than U

Unhappy this isn't Peachy's ship, is it??

Get a load of this!

Dec 27, 2002 .

About 75 Sick Passengers Taken off Cruise Ship, Bused to Miami

The Associated Press

KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines officials removed about 75 passengers from a ship in Key West and sent them to Miami by bus, after the guests fell ill during a four-day sail to the Bahamas, a spokeswoman said.

The Majesty of the Seas, an 880-foot vessel which can accommodate 2,744 passengers, was making a scheduled stop in Key West Thursday morning when the sick passengers, many of whom had been quarantined in their cabins aboard the ship, were loaded onto two Miami-bound buses.

"This was handled terribly," said Adam Hoffman, a Connecticut man who was among the passengers sent to Miami.

The trip was scheduled to end at the Port of Miami on Friday morning.

Royal Caribbean spokeswoman Lynn Martenstein said she could not confirm whether the passengers were suffering from a Norwalk-like virus which has plagued numerous cruise ships in recent weeks.

"It could be anything from guests staying out too late, drinking and eating, to what the stomach flu people refer to as the Norwalk-type virus," Martenstein said. "It is not unusual. It's not a particularly high number of people with flu symptoms."

Martenstein said there had been a "limited number" of stomach flu cases in recent weeks aboard the Majesty, adding that the cruise line had kept the Center for Disease Control and Prevention informed of the situation.

"The CDC is not taking any action," Martenstein said.

Officials from the CDC could not be reached for comment early Friday.

The Norwalk-like virus strikes suddenly and violently, typically lasting 1-2 days. It can cause vomiting, headaches and nausea, according to health officials, and is considered to be one of the most common gastrointestinal viruses.

More than 1,000 passengers have recently become sick on cruise ships and the CDC is looking into more than 20 outbreaks of the virus on cruise lines, more than it has seen in the four previous years combined.

AP-ES-12-27-02 0612EST

This story can be found at: http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGA71V318AD.html

Wabby, yer makin' me jealous! I want to have a real Christmas again, with lots and lots of festive people, not grumpy ol' FIL. Going to see my pregnant friend tomorrow for a little post Christmas breakfast. That, at least, should be fun.

Later, cows!
Old 12-27-2002, 11:27 AM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

I don't think that's Peachie's ship -- wasn't she on a 7 day cruise? Hope so anyway.

My sister is straightening out tissue paper and my dd is staring at me. Bye

Kiwi
Old 12-27-2002, 12:09 PM   #7  

Gosh, that would be terrible if that were Peaches' ship! I do think she was going on Royal Carribbean, but can't remember how many days.

Sugar P, there have been plenty of grumpy ppl at these parties & open houses. I think it goes with the season. Either you love it, or you're a scrooge. The party tonight is at my ex-sis in laws house. She's remarried to a very nice man and they have a beeeeeutiful old english tudor style home. It's the perfect Christmas house.

Kiwi, your sister does deserve an award. She probably loves to do it though, especially for her very sweet sister & family.

We're having a very blustery day here. Hope I don't get blown away.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:55 PM   #8  
Most boring housewife.

Hi all, Merry Merry, We had a nice Christmas. Quiet, but that was ok. Turns out my kids like a quiet Christmas. I like lots of noise and parties, but since everyone is fighting at the family parties, it is nice to have a quiet party here with just us.
Kiwi, does your sis at least complain???? I'm glad you guys are feeling better.
I agree that Peaches was taking a 7 day cruise. I also don't think she sailed out of Miami.
Sugar, Leftovers for Christmas dinner?
Wabby, you are having such a fun holiday. Have you bought lots of cool clothes to go with this social life?
I've probably gained a ton. I've done nothing but eat. The boys are going to a hockey game tonight and DD and I are going to see Two Weeks notice. Tomorrow is our big trip to NYC to see Rent, I'm so excited. Poor DD has a ripped apart knee and won't be able to walk like a maniac, but she'll manage, she says.
Should I post a list? Did you notice that on Christmas eve, I actually did the things I posted on my list? Maybe I'm changing.
Here goes:
1. get book of some kind (tom Clancy was a bore) had I done anything, I'm sure I would have needed a book on tape
2. Shift wash I did actually do this, because I had nothing to wear
3. put away Christmas dishes(shame)hhs, hhs, clean up Christmas dishes? It isn't even Easter, yet.
4. vac houseHad I done this, how would I have heard what my sil was saying to me on the phone? What do you think I am, rude?
5. clean out basket from car at least I cleaned out the car, now I'm expected to put the stuff away?
6. shift wash againI did do this, too. DD has no sheets for her bed.
7. christmas stuff out of my room if I moved all that stuff, what would there be for me to trip over when my weakened bladder calls in the middle of the night?
8. sort receiptsnope
9. fill a bag of trash a la the 27 thingthe kids did this one, can I take credit?
10. shower and dress(it's only 2PM) Now it's six o'clock. I've been on the phone since I posted the original list. I have taken a shower. I am dressed. We're going to see Two Weeks Notice bye

That's my list. I started this list hours ago, but was on the phone, etc and never finished it. I'm going for 10/10.....I know you all are gripped by the suspense.
XXOO

Last edited by Lush; 12-27-2002 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:59 PM   #9  
cow with the double chin

Angry Merry *late* christmas to the best of the bovines

Howdy cows!

Just stopping in to wish you all a
WONDERFUL NEW YEAR !!!!!!

Sounds like you all had a good christmas. SugP, so sorry about the dinner. What was up with that?

Ours was great. I was finally able to give my kids a quality christmas and it felt really good. My year is up here in February and I am negotiating my raise, KIDS AND I SHOULD BE OUT IN OUR OWN house by mid march. Thank the goddesses, god, or whatever....it is time!

Kids are so weird sometimes. I gave pumpkin (who is the BEST and MOST BEAUTIFUL kindergardner in the whole universe , by the way) an armoire type oak jewelry box and that was her favorite gift. Still talking about it. I thought it would have been one of the toys. Go figure.

DS was very happy also. He will be 17 next month and quite opinionated on world events. Kid is WAY MORE informed on things than I am, so......... we are no longer allowed to debate these things. hee hee

Bagzie, I wish your family some peace in the New Year. It sounds like those kids have wonderful support from all of you. Poor little babies.

Lush, I hope you enjoyed your time with your mom at the holiday. I'm sorry she is ill.

Kiwi, sounds like you are having a good time. Party Animal!

I hope Peaches wasn't on the ship with the sickies! That would be very disappointing, but I hear they usually get a free cruise out of it. But would you want to go again???

Wabby, good luck with your surgery.

Speaking of surgery, mom has lost 100 lbs since her gastric in July. Can you lose that fast and be healthy???? I have to get kickin before she passes me up. That would just give her way too much pleasure.

Now that I have written a book, I will leave you to your peace and get back to work. hee hee I just realized I have been surfing for quite a while!

Later cows,

Muffie (hi to cherry if you are out there!)
Old 12-28-2002, 11:57 AM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm going to Florida in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow. Will think of you all as I bask in the sunshine etc...

Gotta go pack

Kiwi
Old 12-29-2002, 06:04 PM   #11  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

No, Sugar, that wasn't my ship. Mine was healthy. I met no silver haired gentlemen. The ship was kind of small for a ship. There was not tons of things to do. There was BINGO at $10 a card and gambling and young people in the pool and tons of absolutely wonderful food and a nice bed that rocked you to sleep. But no extra men activities and no stuff for ds either. They grouped him with 12-14 year olds which wasn't good. He didn't hang out there.

At our table, we did have a 14-yo girl who was good company for him. In fact, Ithought she was adorable. Perfect. She was smart and interested and lively and well-mannered. When we got home he talked to her on AIM and right away she was RUDE. !!! Rude to MY BABY!!!!! He's been working on a project that involves creating a picture and he offered to show it to her and she said NOPE!!!!

Saying NOPE to my ds is unacceptble.

The excursions were interesting but I sent no postcards as we were hereded from placed to place in Belize and Cayman Islands. In Cozumel we were let loose into a mass of stores that expected us to bargain for tee-shirts, knick-knacks, blankets, sombreros and jewelry. It was too much. So sorry. I meant to send postcards!1 Really, I did.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:29 AM   #12  
fatter than U

Talking I'll settle for a sombrero!

Soooo glad you and ds didn't barf, Peachy! How dare that girl be rude to ds. Maybe that means she likes him? You know how girls are.

Do you think the silver-haired gentlemen were on a different ship?

Tell us about the food! 24/7 all-you-can-eat buffet?

Hey muffie! Hope you had a nice Christmas and all the best for 2003. Are you going to move far, far away from the relatives?

Thanks for the pic of you and your adorable family, Kiwi!

Hi Wabby! Hi Lush! Hi Cherry! (thanks for the letter!)

Place is a tip. Off to clean.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:58 AM   #13  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default food ... ummmmmmm

Sugar, how kind of you to ask about the bestest thing on the ship. There was not 24 hour food. There was a cafeteria room where the food was basically the same all the time at each meal. I usually ate lunch and breakfast there because ds would have wandered off and left me alone. They always had at lunch Greek salad and Waldorf salad and other salads and tons of rolls and cold cuts and fruit and a huge display of desserts like chocolate souffle inside a white chocolate shell or all kinds of cheesecake or Boston cream pie, etc.

But the dining room was something else!! Always a different menu. Lots of selections and all different everyday. They had lobster, filet mignon, curry, salmon souffle, salads made of exotic fruits, cold soups, and they encouraged you to have several choices. The 14-yo old, who was 5'10" and thin thin cute thin sat with a steak and duck in front of her. When they took away those dishes, she had two desserts. DS and I did not get piggy. I decided to go ahead and gain weight because whatever I was turning down that week wasn't going to show up again next week whenI was ready for it. So I waddle.

Where's you all?
Old 12-30-2002, 10:28 AM   #14  
fatter than U

YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I'm so bored I could scream.

Still need to change the sheets and clean the bathroom.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:30 AM   #15  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Thumbs down

Where is Kiwi? I haven't seen her yet. Why is Sugar bored? Doesn't she have a list of things to do like Sissy? Sugar, do you do horoscopes? I'm ready for a new year and new attitude. I need daily help though to make the future seem brighter than it does from here. If Kiwi would show up, that would help. She's Sooooo Cool.

Ds is going fishing today. I am getting a headache. I must go take Excedrin now. Sugar, DON'T BE BORED>>>>>>> TALK TO MEMEMEMEMEME

DS got the cutest shirt or at least it makes me laugh. There's a section of the Grand Caymons called ****. He got a Hard Rock **** shirt. On the front it says Souvenirs of ****, Ltd.

Bye. Post.
Closed Thread