Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 04:46 PM   #61  
fatter than U

Default Got my operations all mixed up! Duh!

Silly me! Of course it's the gall bladder surgery and not the breast reduction. That comes later. Wabby's going to be the most perfect of us all.

Bummer about the mill, Kiwi. Hope things improve there SOON. Doesn't your dh have seniority?
Old 01-05-2003, 06:01 PM   #62  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Operation Affirmations

That's what those are, right, Wabster? How much weight can you lose with a gall bladder op? Here's a hospital diet tip: don't eat the food that smells gross. Or looks gross. Good luck with surgery in any case. We'll be thinking of you at 6 am. Well, at some point...

Yeah, Sug, DH has plenty of seniority, but it doesn't matter if they shut down. Right now he is obsessing about my new car to avoid obsessing about the mill. I wish I could get him to obsess about improving/rebuilding our house. Suggestions welcome.

You know, having babies later is becoming the norm for a lot of people. When I was a young teenager in the late 60s, I had a couple of friends whose parents were "old" and I thought it sounded kind of lonely and grim. Then my mother got pregnant, at the age of 39 -- that was certainly considered a bit old to have a baby in 1968. My first reaction was embarrassment and annoyance, but my best friend was so enamored with the idea that I had to consider the possibility that it wasn't so bad. She would come over every morning before school and feed my sister her baby cereal when she was old enough. My sister certainly didn't suffer much from having older parents. These days I don't think 39 is at all old to have a baby. It's a matter of health and preparedness. Also a matter of where you live. Around here in Podunk, most kids DD's age (14) have parents no older than 40, but the people I actually associate with are closer to my age (47), so not only do I not care, neither does DD seem to. Certainly no one would claim that 32 was old to have a baby, but I am in the minority. I would hope my dd would wait until after 30 to have kids, unless it is something she really really wants at a younger age. Maturity has more benefits than youth when it comes to parenting, I think.

Ah well, enough rantaciousness. away folks.

Later
Kiwi
Old 01-05-2003, 06:03 PM   #63  
Ginny

Hello everyone,

ok. Wabby thanks for the info.

Since we are using funny names, and yet we are chatting with each other daily almost, and in some cases life long friendships evolve, I see no problem with giving certain bits of information....but if anyone in here doesn't feel like they want to share, then just DON"T....it's your choice.
It's not like I'm asking for your address or phone number... heck I don't even know any of your real names... and most states, countries etc. are so big that just knowing a general area where someone lives isn't going to have anyone knocking at your door.

SugP, thank you for the info also. As for your in-laws,, it sounds like a movie.. as for the dogs.... all dogs are nice, I am a dog person.. the only kind we have had outside of one,, have been beagles..we currently have two of them. A male and a female.
We love beagles, they are so loving and sweet, and even tempered... any kind of dog can be grouchy and mean if they are trained that way, or mean treated... but even dobermen and
pit bulls have been known to be good pets if trained right. Over the years we have had 22 dogs in our household... and all beagles but the one.

Ok, Peaches....I don't think I"ll trust you to catch me.. As for older mothers,, I was speaking from the experience of being the product of older parents.. I admit my situation was a bit odd. Look at Kathy Lee Gifford and many other older mothers,, their children are having a terrific childhood, course they have enough money and help.. but anyway, I didn't mean to imply it is bad for everyone... after all look how great I turned out ...just to explain a little further when I was born my mom was 40, my dad was 62, I was the 10th child....so my folks were worn out and needless to say my childhood was very different then all my friends.... not to mention they used to ask me if I lived with my grandparents.. so I vowed that I would never do that to a child....
In the future if I say something you don't agree with, just skip my posts and ignore it... FYI I was 32 when I had my youngest child, he was #5...I do not consider that old either.... I am talking about women in their 40's... how old were you when you had your baby, anyway?

Wabby, in answer to your question, we have 8-10 people working with us. and Good luck with your surgery,,, are you having the lazer type.. if so, I hear that goes fast and you'll be back up and going real soon... enjoy your convalencing, let the family take care of you...

Ok. well I hope I didn't offend anyone...

Dahlia

Last edited by Dahlia; 01-05-2003 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:12 PM   #64  
Most boring housewife.

Look at it this way, when Sissy was born, Mom was young and inexperienced. Sissy bears the scars from having such a young mother to this day. I, on the other hand, had a mother "of a certain age." It is evidenced in my reasoned approach to life and my strong sense of self. I was the pretty one, but since Sissy was stacked, so she got excessive attention, of the wrong kind.
Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast
Ham salad made with 1/2 lb of ham and 1/4 cup mayo and relish
Potato chips made with Lard

Lunch
Appetizer sampler platter...mostly deep fried
caesar salad

Dinner
two pieces of banana bread.
The rest of the bag of chips.

Evening snack.
Chicken alfredo made with heavy cream and locatelli cheese

I will post my reasons for losing the coffee and the sugar tomorrow. I don't want to harsh my food sedation.
I'm going to go post my reply to emails.

Wabby, Good luck tomorrow. Are there adequate people to take care of you???? Do NOT check in a work. I mean it.
XXOO
L
PSSugar, your ils are trying to drive you nuts. Do you realize we're on page 5? Please no one start a new thread until tomorrow when we offically kick off PERFECT 2009.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:10 AM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

Dear Lush, what a great diet. You must be the reason I ate all the leftovers after dinner and then had Doritos with salsa later on. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Kiwi
Closed Thread