Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #121  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy....most men are suckers for sweets....I could do him in...lol.

GOtta get off of her and hit the rack...

Love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #122  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING EVERYONE
THIS WEE IS CERTAINLY FLYING BY FOR ME. CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY THURSDAY. JEN WAQS WELL ENOUGH TO GO OUT YESTERDAY. SHE WENT TO THE BANK. RICHIE IS BAC AT WORK SINCE LAST WEEKEND. THEY HAD OVERTIME SO HE WENT IN SICKISH BUT NO FEVER. GLAD THIS EPISODE IS OVER. NOTHING NEW, JUST SITTING HERE TRYING NOT TO RUN THE BATTERIES DOWN.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

MICHELLE...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE WEEKEND WITH WORK. YOUR WEEK IS DRAGGING AND MINE IS FLYING BY. LOL HOPE YOU GET SOME DOWN TIME.

LAURA...I LOVE THAT GUY TOO. I LOVE RALPH FIENNES EYES TOO. YUM!!

ANNIE...CRACKED ME UP ABOUT BELLA. THANK GOD SHE SURVIVED HURRICANE ANNIE!! SAVE UP SOME OF THAT TENSION & ANGER....THEN I CAN RELEASE YOU ONTO THE SENIORS HERE!!! OR BETTER YET THE MAINTENANCE MEN. HOPE THE NECK FEELS BETTER SOON. ALEVE!!!

CEEJAY....I WAS HAPPY TO HEAR THAT YOU GOT YOUR TIME OFF. THANKS GOD FOR SMALL FAVORS!!! ENJOY IT TOO!!! NOW THAT YOU SAID WHEAT FIELDS TO HAPPY...I CAN'T GET THE SONG "OKLAHOMA" OUT OF MY HEAD!!

HAPPY......DEPENDING ON WHICH WHEELCHAIR IT IS, THE BATTERIES ARE FROM $500-600. THEY'RE NOT LIKE CARS IN THAT THEY ARE A SET OF 2 12 VOLT BATTERIES MAKING UPO A 24 VOLT SYSTEM. MOST OF THE BIGGER CHAIRS (MORE POWERFUL) LIKE MINE RUN BETWEEN $25,000-$35,000. THAT'S THE LIST PRICE. SAD HUH? HOPE YOU FIND SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF THIS WEEKEND TOO. BET YOU COULD USE A WEE BIT OF DOWN TIME. SENDING A HUG TO THE DH TOO....I LOVE MY GUEST PASS I WILL DEFINITELY USE IT PROVIDING I DON'T END UP IN A FUNNY FARM BEFORE THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE THE TOOTH FEELS OK AND HE FINDS THE PROBLEM!!! NO MORE ROOT CANALS!!

SHAD... I COULD USE YOUR SPARROW F A R TING TIME CLOCK! I'VE BEEN OVERSLEEPING ON AND OFF! YES I WOULD LIKE FRIES WITH MY WORK ORDERS IF YOU COULD PLEASE ARRANGE THAT FOR ME SORRY THE WEEK IS GOING THIS WAY. HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WILL BE NICER
AND PLEASE STOP BANGING YOUR HEAD AGAINST THE WALL....I REALLY DO HATE THE SITE OF BLOOD!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-14-2011 at 07:47 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #123  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

I'm going back to bed. Really bad vertigo this morning. I think it's seasonal because of all the pollen and fluid in my ears. I can't walk straight and am really nauseated. This happened once before when I was up visiting my Mom. All I can really do is sit quiet and still until it passes. Check back with you later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #124  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

I'm so glad it's Thursday! I just have to get through one more day at the office, and then tomorrow I'll be working a "split-shift" from home. I'll be working from 6:30-11, then taking the afternoon off to relax because I'll be working from 7 pm to midnight and then on Saturday morning from 6 or 7 am until 10 or 11. I'm not going to whine though because it's not nearly half as bad as the hours Shad, Ceejay and Annie work.

I went to the gym last night, and walked for 25 minutes in the pool. It really works! I am able to walk in the pool for much longer than I can "on land", and with proper hip/pelvis alignment to engage my core muscles. I didn't get as good of a workout as on a treadmill or elliptical, but heck, I was moving. And I did jog in place a few times to get the heart rate up. I am a little tired and sore today. I should be working on a project right now, but I'm waiting for the pain med to kick in and take a little bit of the edge off this pain. I've got PT after work today, and I think I will forego the pool tonight. I'll go tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday, or I may start off every other day (meaning tomorrow and Sunday) and work up to more often. I'll ask my PT what he recommends.

The funeral service for my co-worker was brief but very nice. She had a great many friends. She was a very, very private person, so only a few people closest to her knew she was sick.

Happy - Your DH's photos of the azalea garden were spectacular! Thanks for asking about a brace or shapewear. I have 3 different braces, and none of them are really conducive to sitting all day at a desk. One is super industrial strength like the kind you see furniture movers wear - that one actually works well for rock hunting. One offers too little support, and it's got a weird, uncomfortable design, so I don't wear it much. The third one, is somewhere in between. I do wear it from time to time, but in order to get it tight enough to offer good support, it sort of digs in at the top and bottom edges. I haven't thought of shapewear offering support. That may not be a bad idea. I'm glad to hear that I've passed your DH's interview process and have been accepted into the commune. So sorry to hear that the dentist had you almost doing headstands, and that you're still bothered by the vertigo. Allergies and plugged up ears can do that to you. Take care.

Ceejay - I hope none of the flash floods damaged any homes. I'm glad you don't have to work this weekend.

Laura - Thanks for the info about the Spa/Fat Farm. I checked out their website. I would really like to go to one, or to go on Bob Harper's Biggest Loser Cruise, or even try out for TBL TV show itself, but I keep telling myself that those facilities might not be able to accommodate someone with my back problems, and they might push me beyond my limits in terms of exercise. And of course, being me, I would take on their challenge. I know I need to E.L.M.O. (Eat Less Move Often). I know what I need to do in terms of eating (and I'm doing it - weighing, measuring and tracking everything). And I know I need to move more, following the guidelines of my physical therapist. I'm just not a patient person (in case y'all haven't noticed). These limitations and the slow progress is very frustrating. But slow and steady is how I'm gonna have to win this race. Sorry for my rambling. Good on ya' for doing the Step Class, and for adding a riser to make it more challenging! I love Step. I may ask my PT if I can do the Wii Step (which is VERY low step), but he'll probably say only if I can do it with my abs pulled in and my pelvis tilted under to keep my back in neutral position. This takes a heck of a lot of concentration for me. Bummer about the awkward meetings/training with the co-worker who is leaving. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie "Source Code". As a programmer, I deal with a lot of "source code" in the programs I write, so despite Jake Gyllenhall's blue eyes, I might have to pass.

Mel - Bummer that the people who offered $$ for the tires closed their wallets when they learned how expensive they are. I'm glad you were able to trade the tires for the batteries, and the office or the boss should pay for the batteries when it comes time. I'm glad to hear Jen is feeling well enough to go out and that Richie is back at work. Thanks for the kind words, I'm going to get some down time on Friday afternoon, Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. I had no idea that wheelchair tires and batteries were so expensive. Wish I had enough in my bank account to help you out. In the meantime, I'm praying that a money or a leprechaun with a pot of gold will find their way to you.

Annie - I love the baby names!! In the middle of the night, my doggies will occasionally decide it's time to serenade me with a medley of their favorite squeaky toys. At which point, I get up, grab anything that makes noise and put it in the closet. The only reason they are allowed to wake us up in the middle of the night is if they have to go potty. I hope you're able to save up for the massage. I need one too. I have an appointment for one at the end of the month. So nice that you got some garden therapy last night. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get my springtime gardenng fix. I'll just have to be careful I guess.

Shad - Thanks for renewing our friendship with Worldly! My DH and I are so looking forward to one day meeting you, Worldly and all her friends. He also wants to see wombats, as he thinks they are very cute. He was really angered by an article online that said that scientists are determining which endangered species are "worth" saving. And the hairy nosed wombat was NOT one of the ones deemed worth saving. It was annoying vague at how the scientists determined the "worth" of an endangered species. Your job is certainly keeping you busy. I'm really glad you still like it.

Okay....time to get started on the project!

Lots of love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #125  

Morning all.

Michelle – Oh, sorry you’ve got more work hours this weekend – but at least working from home makes it a bit better. Glad you were able to do a longer period of exercise by doing it in the pool! I know slow and steady isn’t your style, but I think until your body gets used to it, give yourself some rest in between workouts. And that’s something about TBL I just don’t agree with – throwing these unfit, often morbidly obese people into the type of workouts that they do is just asking for trouble. I know they are monitored by doctors, but still…I wonder how much time passes between being chosen and actually starting the competition, and if they should get them gradually ramping up on exercise before going gung ho for the cameras. I also like the idea of going to a spa – a good amount of pampering with massages and good (but healthy) food thrown in with the exercise. Of course, the boss tells me the massages are done each night so that you can do the exercises again the next day, LOL.

Happy – Sorry about the vertigo! I’ve had that caused by fluid in the ear canal. Hope that goes away soon. What’s going on with that tooth??

Mel – Oh, yes, Ralph Fiennes also has great eyes… OMG, that’s a lot of money for the batteries, let alone the cost of the entire chair. Glad the kids are feeling better – I missed what the malady was, but glad they are out and about.

Annie – I like all the names you put out there for the grandbaby – Christianna is lovely. So nice you got out in the garden. I’m afraid I won’t want to get out to do anything in the yard with the horsesh*t weather we’re forecast to get this weekend.

Shad – TGIF for you. Hope you’re weren't banging your head today. Enjoy your weekend!

Ceejay – Glad you get some time off this weekend!!

Hello to Ellen!!

Last night the pork chops planned for dinner weren’t thawed sufficiently, which fortunately led to bf discovering that we had a bonus gift card (from when we bought some gift cards as holiday gifts) that expired last night for Big Bowl restaurant. Off we went to use it. Hour long wait on a Wed. night – huh? – is there really an economic crisis going on right now? Anyway, we walked around the shops and went into the big sporting goods store to kill the time. Finally had dinner – I had a spicy Thai shrimp & scallops dish w/ pea pods, water chestnuts, etc. Yum. Pretty much had to get ready for bed by the time we finally got home.

Woke up around 4 am to go to the bathroom and couldn't get back to sleep because my sinuses felt swollen (no congestion), and my lungs felt tight. Generally uncomfortable. Used the albuterol inhaler for the first time and that helped.

Tonight will be an exercise class – either Tighter Assets or the Circuit class.

Nuttin’ much else to report. Have two meetings today. Better get ready for them.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #126  

PS Here's my little guy. The shadow is me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coal - creek 4-9-11.jpg (55.1 KB, 9 views)
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #127  

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA this week, still fighting this funk...know I need to lose weight but I don't feel like doing anything about it. DH and I did take a good Walk on Tuesday evening...may try for it again tonight.

DD2 is doing very good so far her major complaint is that the scar is a little itchy...I think the tape from after the surgery dried out her skin a little. Good thing I still have some A&D ointment for DD3 diaper rash. Going to meed DH for lunch since he had to go to the regoin office an it is sorta close to home.

Have to run...

Annie~~CONGRATS and prayers for DD and her pregnancy... hope the morning sickness keeps coming and everything holds together.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #128  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Glad you had a yummy dinner with your bonus gift card last night. Hour long wait on a Wednesday is pretty crazy. I know DH would never be willing to wait that long. Are you doing the pork chops tonight? I hope your sinuses and lungs are doing better today. Have a great time at exercise class tonight! Is this another long weekend for you? DH and I have long-ish weekends next week. He gets Friday off and I only have to work in the morning (for Good Friday). Thanks for posting the photo of Coal! He's adorable!!

Ellen - Good for you for taking a walk with your DH Tuesday night. I totally understand about being in a funk about knowing I need to lose weight, but not feeling like it. I would love to be able to eat what I want. Heck, I'd also love to be able to do what I want in terms of exercise. I'd love to find that magic pill that could make 100 pounds just fall off, but I know that this weight didn't come on overnight and it sure as heck won't come off overnight. Lately, when I've been feeling really down and overwhelmed and ready to chuck in the towel, I remind myself of all the things that will improve as I lose weight: my back pain will be less, I will likely be able to walk better, my blood sugar will be more stable, my cholesterol/blood pressure, etc. will improve. I could go on and on...and I often do when giving myself a pep talk. Hang in there, and remember...when it comes to baby steps...babies don't count the number of steps they take...they just keep on taking them. I'm glad to hear that DD2 is doing well and that you found something that helps with the itchiness of the scar.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
I really wanted to go to Blytheville this afternoon but have spent most of my time working with the MRC counselor. I'm not sure I want to do this program after all. There's to many herbs and minerals they want you to take. And the cost is 200 + dollars. I'm not sure I'm ready to spend this right now.
I'm sure that some of my problems are hormonal and dealing with stress. I'll ask the good doctor if he will check my hormone level on next visit.
It's been so nice today that I've had a window open.

Happy
I can relate to the vertigo problem and fluid in your ears. Mine has not been as bad since I've been taking Allegra 180. It's otc now.

Michelle
I'm glad that walking in the pool helped. And if you ever find or invent that magical weight loss pill, please let me know. Sorry that you have such weird hours to work this week end. but at least you are at home.

Mel
Enjoy the down time. It's suppose to rain here tonight and tomorrow. I hope it misses us altogether.

Ellen
Good for you in taking a walk with you dh. Also glad that dd is doing better.

Laura,
Sometimes there's msg in resturant foods. Sounds yummy though. May go get some take out from our Chinese resturant for dinner tonight.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #130  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not much happening here but at least it is Friday and I have 2 days to get out and about. I have been doing the housework and laundry during the week and only have a small amount to do tomorrow. Since it is supposed to rain this weekend I'd better mow the lawn when I get home tonight (provided it is not already raining).

Michelle - good for you getting into the pool. I have many friends who because of their weight have problems with their legs and use the pool to get the exercise. The buoyancy of water is good for muscles. Another think you might try is sitting on one of those balance balls when working from home. They make you sit up straight and you have to use the core muscles to keep from falling off. I've been in a couple of offices where they have those instead of chairs - well the chairs are there but you are encouraged to use the ball.
Laura - hours wait for a table, not sure I would have hung around but then again your certificate would have been useless today. As for the downturn in economy, DS2 is finding the same thing. We have a five day weekend for Easter this year and he wanted to go away. They were going to Thailand but his mate pulled out. Now he is trying to find something in Queensland but everything he wants to go to or do is booked out. So much for the Queensland is dried out, cleaned up and open for business campaign - maybe it worked.

Mel - I'll send you my sparrow f*rt clock if you need it, but it sounds more like you need the cattle prod to move some of the slackers around.

Happy - get better soon. Whatever you have sounds nasty.

Cejay - gotta think carefully before putting out $200+ and getting back some pills and a piece of paper. Be careful with that.

Ellen - hope you get your dieting mojo back soon - and when you find it, maybe it is AWOL with mine. Send mine home too please.

Annie must be working hard. Aren't grannies supposed to take it easy?

Time to go strike a blow. Hopefully, will get a fair distance on this manual today - if I don't have to hand hold the guys agains. Turning into grannie nannie over here.

Last edited by Shad; 04-14-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #131  

Shad
Thanks for telling me to think before spending that much money. There's been a lot of negative vibes coming my way on not doing this program. This one confirms me to not do this program.

I was flipping through the channels and found the Harlem Globe Trotters on ESPN. Some of the older ones were playing. I laughed out loud at these guys.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-14-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #132  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING LADIES

ON MY WAY TO THE OFFICE FOR A SHORT VISIT. CAN I SAY ONE MORE TIME THAT I HATE THESE 2 CHAIRS AND MISS THE OTHER ONE?!?! BUT I HAVE TO CHARGE THIS ONE SO I CAN HANDLE THE WEEKEND. AFTER BEING TOLD BY THE BIG BOSS THAT I AM THE LOWEST PAID SUPERINTENDANT HE HAS EVER KNOWN IN HIS CAREER....AFTER 23 YRS HERE, HE SHOULD GET HIS CUTE BUTT OUT THERE AND BUY ME ANEW CHAIR!!
NOTHING NEW. JEN LOOKS MUCH BETTER. EVEN HAD SOME COLOR TO HER FACE AND SOUNDED STRONGER.
OK....I AM OFF TO SET THE WEEKEND UP. HAVE A SUPER DAY

HAPPY.....HOPE THE VERTIGO HAS SUBSIDED. HOW I HATE THAT. MAKES IT HARD TO DRIVE MYSELF TO THE LOO GET WELL SOON

MICHELLE....GLAD THE POOL WORKS FOR YOU AND HOPE IT REALLY HELPS OVER TIME. I AM ALSO GLAD YOU WILL HAVE SOME DOWN TIME TO ENJOY THE WEEKEND.

LAURA...THEY HAD A FLU VIRUS THAT HAS HIT MANY PEOPLE HERE ON THE EAST COAST. NOT SURE OF OTHER AREAS. TERRIBLE. IN SOME AREAS, HOSPITALS WERE FILLED TO CAPACITY I HEARD. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE SINUS PROBS. TREE GROWTH IN SPRING IS HURTING A LOT OF PEOPLE THIS YEAR AND WINDY CONDITIONS HELP TO SPREAD IT ABOUT. GOOD THING THE PORK CHOPS DIDN'T THAW OUT! YOU GOT TO USE THE CARD!! LOL YOUR DOGGIE IS ADORABLE AND SO IS YOUR SHADOW!

ELLEN....GLAD THINGS ARE WORKING OUT FOR YOUR DD AND HOPE YOU GET SOME REST TIME FOR YOURSELF.

CEEJAY...I HEAR YA OMN THE COST AND THE PILLS. SOMETIMES MY TUMMY DOESN'T LIKE ADDED THINGS IN THERE SO I STOPPED TAKING STUFF A LONG TIME AGO. GOOD IDEA ASKING THE DR FOR A HORMONE LEVEL. IT CAN ENCOURAGE EATING OUT OF STRESSFUL CONDITIONS. WE NEED TO GO TO HAPPY'S COMMUNE!! I USED TO LOVE WATCHING THE GLOBETROTTERS PLAY ON THE COURT. TOO FUNNY!

SHAD....GRANNIE SHADDIE YOU MEAN. LOT OF HAND HOLDING??? HOPE THE MANUAL GOES FASTER AND WORKS!! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. MAYBE A GOOD BOOK SHOULD BE INVOLVED AND A NAP!

ANNIE....waving helloooooo DON'T SEE A POST FROM YOU AND SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR DD

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-15-2011 at 07:40 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #133  

We had a bumpy ride last night. I kept waking up to thunder but it didn't sound to close so I drifted back to sleep. Our street was flooded again but passable.

I'll either email or call MRC today and let them know that I have decided not to do the program. It's to much of a hassle also.

Mel
Don't work to hard this morning. Glad Jen is feeling better.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #134  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

TGIF....Been busy as heck these past two days at home and work...short post for me as I need to get back at it. Cut the grass last night, seeded, swept both porches and walks and grilled out last night. Plum tuckered, then couldn't sleep very well....nothing new there.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Loves and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #135  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies -

It's actually my Thursday since I have to work tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully when I'm not working, I can get some time in the pool and also relax a bit. DMIL and I are going to rent Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows since neither of us have seen it. DH has to work both tomorrow morning and Sunday morning, and since he's fighting a bad cold virus he'll probably want to relax in the afternoons. The weather is going to be really cold anyway...so it'll be a nice weekend for kickin' back with the doggies.

Today, I'm working until 11, then taking Mischief to the vet for another blood test, then going to the pool to walk, and working from 7 to midnight tonight.

Ceejay - I say for deciding not to do the MRC. When you first mentioned it, I had no idea it would be so expensive or involve so many supplements. Believe me, if there was some magic way to lose weight, I would do it. But as everyone told me last month when I was considering all kinds of plans/options...it boils down to calories in versus calories out. I've been reading some of the posts on different threads, including one in particular about making behavior modification your goal rather than a number on the scale or the size of your clothes. So I changed some of my mini-goals. Sure some are still weight-based...but my first and foremost goal is to work up to being able to do more with less pain. I used to love watching the Harlem Globetrotters...they were so funny! I haven't seen them in ages though. Are you going to see the uncles this weekend? You sure get a lot of flooding on your street! I'm glad it was safe to drive on at least.

Shad - Thanks for the suggestion of using the exercise ball. I actually use it sometimes at work. Good on ya' for getting most of the housework done during the week. I hope you are able to relax or at least enjoy yourself this weekend. Bummer about DS2's Easter plans being cancelled. I hope he (and you) can find fun things to do.

Mel - So sorry about all the chair problems. The big boss definitely should buy you a new chair. I'm glad to hear that Jen is feeling (and looking) better and getting stronger. to her, and to you too of course.

Happy - I hope you're feeling better. Are your sinuses plugged (causing the backup into your ears)? If so, have you tried a good decongestant or a Neti pot? Feel better soon, my friend.

Annie - Girl, you get more done in an evening than I get done in a week! Do you work all weekend at CVS? If not, I hope you get some time to relax and do something wonderful just for you.

Back to work...a few things to finish up before I leave to take Mischief to the vet.

Love and hugs,