Worldly Chicks enter Adorable April with Attitude and Aptitude

You're on Page 6 of 19
Go to
  • CEEJAY....GLAD YOU'RE KEEPING UP WITH YOUR MEDS. THAT'S GOING TO BE A VERY LONG WORK WEEK WHEN YOU'RE DONE. THEN LOTS OF REST I HOPE HOPE YOU GET TO TALK TO THE MRC SOON. I LOVE MY EGG AVATAR TOO. SHE MAKES ME LAUGH. JEN & RICHIE USE THE PAPAYA TOO. DON'T GET THE ONES WITH PINEAPPLE ADDED. JUST THE PLAIN PAPAYA TYPES. THEY WORK PRETTY FAST TOO. HOPE THE WEEKEND GOES BY FAST FOR YOU AT WORK!!
  • Mel
    Called MRC back this morning and set up a consultation for Thursday morning. The price is not bad for the at home program for a year plus the products they want you to buy.
  • Happy Saturday morning to yahs,

Mid 80's here today - too warm for either of us. We have a ton of yardwork to do - lots of picking up after Monday's storm and the sweetgum trees are dropping these seed pods that look like a cluster of green grapes. They are covered in pollen - not so good for the allergies. This is probably the worst time of year and they are falling like a slow rain. It's windy today and tomorrow so that means all the work you do, you will have to do it again.

Shad - I looked at your niece's wedding video. What a fabulous job the photographer did. I love the way he integrated stills and slow motion into the video. What was the significance of the grocery store shots? She is a real stunner - a very pretty girl. I can't say I was a big fan of the headpiece - reminds me of British royalty headgear - but the dress was absolutely gorgeous. Looking at her releasing the dove I could not help but hold my breath and think - boy I hope that bird doesn't crap on her Birds just tend to "let it fly" if you know what I mean. I'd be sooooo nervous Looks like it was a very very nice wedding.

Ceejay - 8 straight days of work - and long days too - I would be so pooped out. Sounds like you are in a dilema with the co-worker. I hope you don't have to work 12 days straight. After a while your brain conks out. Did you get to catch up with the metobolic center?

Annie - I don't know girl. We aren't 17 any more. I'm not so sure we will find someone that will get our hearts racing and have all the pieces we are looking for at this point in our lives. It's really disappointing to me to see all around guys who are our age who want nothing to do with women their own age except for a quickie. Society has taught and encouraged them that every 50 year old deserves a 25 year old on his arm. It's disgusting to me but it's everywhere you look. I'm sure not all men are like that but it sure seems like a majority of them are. I told DH it infuriates me because they make it seem like if you are a woman over 30 you might as well crawl under a rock you old hag even tho they are wrinkly and grey and pudgy too (they just don't see it when they look in the mirror) Anyway I will stop before I get on my BIG soapbox about this subject. I hope you find someone to make you happy.

Mel - I'm glad to hear that your new internet is speedy gonzalez and zipping you along. I can't imagine using dial up in today's world - especially the ads which really slowed things down. So what is the purpose of the one day diet? Do it today, repeat tomorrow and just take it day by day? I could see that. I have heard of papaya enzymes - also fresh pineapple has the same effect on kickstarting the digestion. I will have to keep a few single serve cans at work. Better still I should be more mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth in the first place

Michelle - thanks for the tip on the hummus. I just bought a small container with some plain pita chips but I like the idea of the baby carrots even better. Have fun this weekend at your shows. Hope your back holds up to get you through the day and that you don't have to spend most of your weekend working on your websites.

Laura - how was the new restaurant and did your ribs come out good? 3 hours in the oven - you must be slow roasting them - YUM!!!!!

Ellen - hope you tackled that headache and that everyone is feeling better today.

I need to get off this computer and get something done here. The weekend really flies by and I have alot to get done today and tomorrow. Ain't happening with me sitting here. Enjoy the weekend!
  • I MADE THIS THIS MORNING AND THE PUT IT ON TOP OF PITA BREAD WITH SOME SHREDDED MOZZARELLA. BAKED IT TILL THE CHEESE MELTED. YUM!!!
    YOU'VE PROBABLY ALREADY DONE THIS BEFORE BUT IT'S A FIRST FOR ME USING ROSEMARY. I THINK I'M IN LOVE!
    CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT ON MY SALAD TOMORROW.

FAST ROASTED MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLES (SERVES 2)
    A colorful selection of Mediterranean vegetables are fast roasted until they're tender and sweet with just a hint of smokiness.

INGREDIENTS:
    2 bell peppers (red and/or orange)—cut into bite-size pieces
    ½ eggplant—cut into bite-size pieces
    2 zucchini—cut into half-inch rounds
    1 red onion—cut into wedges and separated
    4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    1½ tablespoons lemon juice
    1 tablespoon water
    1 teaspoon dried rosemary
    2 cloves garlic—minced
    ½ teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

PREHEAT the oven to 250°C/500°F. PLACE the lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, water, salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a screw-top jar and shake to combine. TOSS the vegetables with the dressing in a large baking dish. ROAST for 15 minutes, then mix in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
    Variations: Serve as a vegetable side dish, as a pizza topper, stirred into stews, pastas and risottos, or cold as a salad with baby spinach leaves, toasted pine nuts and crumbled feta cheese
  • Afternoon all,
    Been very busy this morning with the garden. Had the young guy in to trim the hedge and weed and we also repotted a couple of the orchids and cleaned up the yard. Later this afternoon I have some more seeding to plant - it's too hot at the moment. I should be cleaning inside, but can't be bothered. Maybe later, or maybe I can do some tomorrow night when there is nothing much on tv. At least the laundry is up to date. Now there is a miracle.

Happy - is the meatless Friday a cafe idea or yours? I always feel awfully full on a load of rice or pasta, but it never seems to last long and I get that hungry feeling again.

Ceejay - that program sounds interesting. Hope you can share some of the points about it. Sounds like you are working hard and need a bit of a bit of a break yourself.

Mel - batteries and wheelchairs and money as well. Better get with it and get rid of the money on bills and things but don't forget to spend some on yourself. I have rosemary in the garden. I love the fragrance.

I'm not going back through the pages just now. Sorry for those I have missed, but I think a short siesta may prove a positive thing at this stages. I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Sorry to say we will not be going to Adelaide for the long Easter break. After checking the air fares, checking with the cattery, looking at car hire, the entire weekend would have cost me close to $1500. I have too much else to do with my money at the moment so we have decided that since R can get a reasonable fare up here, we will tour Brisbane and surrounds and maybe take in the vineyards at Stanthorpe as well. I'd better check with R what else she would like to do.
    I'll try to get back in later tonight and see who I missed.

• So how's your weekend going everyone??
    Have a super duper Sunday

SILENT SATURDAY. YES THAT'S WHAT I WOULD CALL YESTERDAY. THE ONLY VOICE I HEARD UNTIL DINNER TIME WAS MY OWN. THEN A PITA TENANT KNOCKED ON THE DOOR...I SAID "YOU ARE BECOMING A P.I. MY A. AND YOU NEED TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE'S DOOR TO KNOCK ON"....I OPENED THE DOOR AND THERE HE STOOD WITH A SINGLE WHITE ROSE IN HIS HAND TO THANK ME FOR HELPING HIM. HE TOLD ME I BETTER EAT THOSE WORDS I JUST SAID. THE ROSE WAS LOVELY BUT HE IS STILL A P.I.T.A.
    NOW IT'S TIME FOR BREAKFAST AND SOME PEDALS. GETTING BACK INTO A GROOVE OF STEADY MOVEMENT WAS THE BEST THING I DID LAST YEAR.

CEEJAY...HOPE THE CALL GOES WELL ON THURSDAY. I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY....IF IT'S RIGHT FOR YOU THEN IT'S WORTH THE PRICE. ONLY WE KNOW WHAT WE WILL OR WON'T DO. SO GOOD LUCK!

HAPPY....I DID THE HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU YESTERDAY WHEN I TOLD JEN ABOUT YOUR GOOD FORTUNE WITH THE HOUSE. WE ARE THRILLED FOR YOU AND DH COULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED TO TWO NICER PEOPLE WHO HAVE WORKED HARD & DILIGENTLY. MUCHO LUCK!!
    I LOVE THE 80'S....SEND IT HERE THE PURPOSE OF THE 1 DAY DIET: HE SUGGESTS TO GET THRU JUST ONE DAY. THEN THE NEXT DAY DO IT AGAIN. IT'S SO YOU DON'T FOCUS SO FAR DOWN THE ROAD AND GET ANXIOUS IF YOU SCREW THE DAY UP. I MYSELF HAVE A TENDANCY TO PROJECT DOWN THE ROAD SOMETIMES WITHOUT EVEN REALIZING IT. NOT DIET SO MUCH AS MY WHOLE LIFE. SO HIS THINKING IS HELPING ME TO REIN MYSELF IN. IF I DO LOSE WEIGHT THEN THAT'S A BONUS. BUT HIS WORDS SOMEHOW GOT ME REFOCUSED(SP) HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A NICE WEEKEND.

SHAD....WOW! THAT'S A WHOPPER OF A PRICE FOR A WEEKEND FOR ONE PERSON. HOPE R CAN COME UP BY YOU GUYS AND ENJOY A FIELD TRIP TO THE VINEYARDS. THAT SOUNDS GOOD TOO ME I NEED SOME HEAT HERE TO WARM UP ALL THESE RAINY DAYS!!!! BOTH YOU & HAPPY NEED TO SEND ME SOME SUNSHINE!!
  • I'm off today but am in a fog. Don't have the energy for anything.
  • Hi y'all.

It's a beautiful sunny Sunday here. Warm enough that I had to put the a/c on as the house was hot, even with the fans going. DH and I went to the grocery store and I have all this lovely, yummy, fresh good for you food. I can't wait to eat it all Will be a pleasant change from the fast food / eat on the run diet we have been on for the most part last week.

We are resting a bit and then will head down the street. There is a couple who have a sort of home made museum of sorts. They have a large lot and have some railroad trivia as well as a cabin full of old stuff when Memphis was a very young town. My sister and her hubby went there once and they said it was interesting, if not a bit musty. However the reason we are really going is that they have the most huge, mature azalea bushes of all different shapes and sizes and colors. Just breathtaking and they are about 2/3 bloomed. I told DH that this may be the last time we get to see them because maybe we will be out of here by this time next year. After we get back we need to pick up lots of yard junk outside.

I will try and post some pictures later.
  • Morning all,
    Short run through here. I am at work at 6.00am and will be here probably until 6.00 pm trying to get through the stuff that must be done today. Since UAT (user acceptance testing) starts today and our lot seems to think that they should be the first cab off the rank - despite the fact that we are not ready yet. So I need to get some basic info out there fast. They may not need it until after lunch, but lets be prepared here.

Happy - realised I didn't get back to you with the questions you asked about the wedding. The hat thing on the bride which you didn't like and I wasn't altogether fussy about, is one of the fantasy fascinators which are so popular here and obviously in NZ at the moment. Actually for what the thing went through, ie - the cat got into the wardrobe and tried to eat it - it looked very good on her. My sister also wore one as mother of the bride (motb). Secondly the photos. This particular photographer is well known for his off the wall photography. He gets into the couples lives and gets to understand where they are at, their hobbies, their passions, what they do together and what they do apart. R and M love to cook and try different foods. That grocery store is their local fresh food place. Rochelles life is totally about animals, she is a vet nurse and runs a pet store attached to a vetinary practice. Hence the birds on her dress and the doves. The doves were let loose at a place called Zealandia, which is a wildlife refuge and sanctuary. Matt is a technogeek, but he wasn't given permission for photos at his work and all his gear was at their place and he left for the wedding from his parents home, which is a home and not a technophobes lair. I think they may have a computer in the house hidden under the stairs or somewhere. Anyway, I see there are some more photos under the photographers blog this morning so I will send a link when I get home tonight.

Mel - roses from the PITA - well, well. There is some good in everyone. Doesn't stop them from being a pain in proverbial though.

Ceejay - rest up. Tiredness is not allowed in April.

Okey dokey, best now get to the joys and delights of notification creation, meter readings, timesheet entry and the list of operator/ maintainer chores. Have a fantastic day. We had a glorious one yesterday, today promises much the same and next weekend long range forecast is for rain, thunder, flash flooding. Hoo boy will this summer ever end?
  • Good Afternoon Ladies!!
    Been busy here took DD2 to see the doc for her follow up and the stens will be taken out on april 27th. He said the pain she is having is most likely from constipation shince she has been having al ittle torouble since the surgery. he put her on a lax to see if it helps. He was running late so ofcoure I just dropped DD off at home and made my way to work, been busy here for the last few days, but has slowed down...Poeple must have finally realized that it is gorgeous outside. I spen my lunch break sunning on our picnic table. Not much planned ofr this week, but I do have to go thru the kids clothes will have to work on that...maybe call my SIL and see if she wants to come over for moral support...I Hate going thru thie clothes...big waste of time.

have to get back to work...Luv and Hugs ladies!
  • Evening all.

Michelle - Mmm, hummus w/ baby carrots - sounds good and I was actually looking for something healthy to eat w/ them, so thanks for that suggestion. Hope you're not getting any of the tornados in your area that they have set a watch for!!

Ceejay - My mom's not in Nixa, but isn't far because she's on the very southern end of Springfield. Congrats to your nephew!! Glad your pay wasn't docked for that overflow, LOL! I'm glad you got your day off after these two (or was it 3?) extra days of work!!

Mel - Glad you found word pad! I'm sure you have plenty of material for a great book about living in your building - just be sure to change the names! Huh, a one day diet plan - now that might be something even I could stick to! Like your new avatar - so cute! So many nice new avatars on our posts, I thought about changing my avatar, but I'm still enjoying my happy Snoopy. Yum to that veggie recipe! So funny about the PITA neighbor bringing you the rose! I say tell him to up the ante, otherwise he needs to be someone else's PITA.

Happy - How did the yardwork go? I did some myself this weekend. My eyes have been irritated and I don't know if I just logged the wrong date that I started wearing this latest pair of contacts and it's been longer than I thought, or if the pollen and other stuff (I'm allergic to it all) is doing a number on them. We didn't do the ribs this weekend, and I'm glad because it was pretty warm today! How was the museum/azaleas?? Sounds like a fun place to visit. Fingers crossed that this time next year you're full-time in your new home!

Shad - I think I need someone younger to do my yardwork - I wasn't lovin' it at all this morning. Sorry the Easter trip to Adelaide isn't happening, but it'll be nice to have a friend visit you - a great excuse to play tourist and re-experience the sites. One of my friends visits from out of town and likes to book tours and that's been fun (although when she mentioned a tour of churches, I balked, lol). Re the wedding photos in the market - I was guessing your niece and her hub might have met in a grocery, LOL.

Ellen - Hope the DD gets to feeling better soon. Poor thing! I suppose people were focussed on outdoor activities this weekend and not their plumbing! Oh, yes, I think that sorting through all those clothes would be a big job - what to keep for the younger ones, what can go for good, etc.

Hello to Annie!!

Weekend's been alright. Yesterday morning was the circuit class. Overdid that and felt lightheaded during the cooldown/stretch. Yes, I ate something before I went - so I just overdid it. Afterwards was some banking, and then I baked the blondies for book club. Another good recipe from my America's Test Kitchen cookbook. I did add the white chocolate chips, as per the recipe, but I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate, so I think I would just use all regular choc. chips next time I make them.

Book club was really good - we seem to have better discussions when we've all hated the book, LOL. And the off topic stuff was not about kids and school, so it was one of the more enjoyable book clubs I've been too. Our ring leader e-mailed us this morning that it was our 4th year and 25th book! Wow, time flies when you're (mostly) having fun!

Today I lazed around for a bit, and then I got out and did a couple hours of yard work - raking up leftover leaves from the fall. Ugh. It was warm and windy and I wasn't happy (nor my left arm/elbow) about it, but I got most of it done. One part of the yard isn't raked yet, but I'm sure the leaves will still be there next weekend, haha.

Other than that, I took two dog walks and did a load of laundry and that's been about it for the weekend.

Oh, forgot to mention that on Friday I spotted some nice artwork on craigslist - a series of 3 framed prints - and instead of having dinner at the place bf loved, I took the train out to where the seller lived, met bf at the station and bought those 3 pieces and two other large pieces. The sellers are moving to Florida and aren't taking it all with them. After that, we met bf's mother and aunt for dinner since we were nearby. I'm happy to finally be decorating our walls, but the perfect art for the hallway still eludes us!

Okay, enough babbling. I'm going to post. If you don't see me popping in tomorrow, it probably means the boss is keeping me busy after having been re-charged at the fat farm last week.
  • happy
    i've had my a.c. on mot of the week. It doesn't run all the time. I've learned to turn it on since the allergies have gotten worse.

It's supposed to be a bumpy day tomorrow.
  • GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.

ALREADY AGGRAVATED WITH A SMOKE ALARM BEFORE 7. A TENANT REFUSES NTO STOP CALLING ME FROM THE LOBBY TO TELL ME IT'S GOING OFF. WELL MAYBE IF I DRAG HIS SORRY AZZED BUTT INTO THE OFFICE TODAY IT WILL STOP. THERE IS A SMALL GROUP OF BULLIES IN THE BLDG NOW AND THEY THINK THEY ARE THE KINGS AND QUEENS HERE. RULING THE ROOST. THIS MAN IS ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THAT GROUP AND IS USING THE ALARMS TO TRY TO GET INTO THE GROUP. THE ONLY THING HE'S GOING TO GET INTO IS TROUBLE. OK I FEEL BETTER NOW!
    YESTERDAY WAS QUIET BUT THE "GROUP" WAS BULLYING IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM. I FORGOT TO TELL THE BIG BOSS WHEN I HAD HIS EAR. MAYBE HE CAN HELP. OTHER THAN THAT I JUST WATCHED TV, SORTED PAPER JUNK MAIL, PAID BILLS AND RESTED. MORE RAIN TODAY SO I HAVE LOTS OF TIME TO PEDAL!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY

LAURA.....HOPE YOU DON'T GET OVERLOADED WITH WORK TODAY! GOOD LUCK. THE WEEKEND SOUNDED NICE AND MUST HAVE BEEN NICE TO GET THE ARTWORK. CONGRATS ON THAT! HOPE YOU FEEL OK AND THE ARM DOES TOO. AFTER ALL THE EXERCISE & YARD WORK I CAN IMAGINE HOW IT FEELS. MAYBE TAKE AN ALEVE BEFORE YOU MOVE IT AROUND A LOT. WORS FOR ME. DON'T LET THE BOSS CATCH US TALKING!

CEEJAY...HOPE THE DAY OFF WILL BE NICE AND CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE NEPHEW!! HAVE A GOOD REST UP! I NEED TO UNCOVER MY A/C....GOOD THING YOU REMINDED ME!!!

MICHELLE....I WAS WATCHING THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND HOPE YOU GUYS ALL STAY SAFE OUT THAT WAY. NASTY WEATHER FLYING BY!!

HAPPY....DID YOU GET TO SEE THE MUSEUM & FLOWERS?? THE WIND WAS BLOWING A BIT YESTERDAY AND I THOUGHT OF YOU WHEN I BEGAN SNEEZING WITH THE WINDOW OPENED! WE'LL ALL BE ON DRUGS SOON.

ELLEN....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT DD AND THE CONSTIPATION. HOPE THE LAX WORKS. THAT OFTEN HAPPENS AFTER SURGEERIES OF ANY KIND. POOR KIDLET. SENDING A HUG FOR HER

SHAD...THOUGHT OF YOU TOO YESTERDAY....THEY WERE SAYING ON THE NEWS HOW WILDLIFE & FLORA HAD SURVIVED THE FIRESTORMS AND HOW AMAZING MOTHER NATURE REBOUNDS FROM TRAGEDY. BUT I MISSED THE WHOLE SHOW. JUST HAPPENED TO COME ACROSS THE TAIL END. HOPE THE DAY AT WORK WENT OK AND YOU GOT ALL THE STUFF READY TO ROCK 'N' ROLL. I WONDER WHY IT RAINS ALWAYS ON A WEEKEND AND NOT AS MUCH DURING THE WEEK! JEN ALWAYS ASKS ME THAT QUESTION I SHOWED JEN THE WEDDING VIDEO AND SHE WAS JUST AS AMAZED AS I WAS AT THE BEAUTY OF IT ALL. AS I SAID THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN.
  • Good morning folks. I am running late, will have to catch up later
  • I AM GOING TO BE A GRANNA NANNA FOR SURE!!! SISSY IS PREGGERS!!!re g: