Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Figured I might get this done before the hoardes come storming in this morning full of questions and requesting help.

Still going to be short and sweet since I can see someone lining me up already.

Glad you liked the wedding photos - particularly Mel with the sore arm. Maybe we will have to limit her hours on the computer since she can do twice as much in half the time.

Michelle - hope the dog is okay. Hard to have our furry kids hurting and they can't tell you whats wrong. Good luck on those reports. I haven't gotten to my ones yet. I doubt that they have even been written or started. BI is well behind the rest of the world here.

Ceejay - I am a grazer as well darn it all.

Mel - get that arm right

Who have I forgotten - Laura? I gotta go. Try to get back later.

Annie - nice to have a friend to go out with. Nice to have one that is happy to be a friend.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #47  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

OK Shaddie...this job is keeping you way too busy....you need some down time....xoxo
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #48  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS
YESTERDAY SEEMED LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED. THINK I WAS IN A ZYRTEC FOG. LOTS OF SINUS ISSUES. AT LEAST WE HAVE SOME SUNSHINE FOR 1/2 A DAY SO I BETTER GET A MOVE ON AND CATCH SOME RAYS. CHILLY HERE AGAIN LAST NIGHT INTO THE 20'S. OLD MAN WINTER DOESN'T WANT TO LOOSEN HIS GRIP!!
NOTHING REALLY NTO REPORT BECAUSE I BARELY REMEMBER WHAT I DID! HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD...I CAN DO TWICE AS MUCH GAME PLAYING AND BROWSING NOW!! HOW RIGHT YOU ARE I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW FAST THE BANK SITE LOADS NOW. OMG!!! AND PDF FILES TOOK ANYWHERE FROM 15-30 MINUTES!
I USED TO DOWNLOAD ONE AND GO CLEAN THE HOUSE AND JUST KEEP CHECKING TO SEE IF IT LOADED YET SO YOU CAN IMAGINE THE JOY I AM FEELING AND THE CAROLS I AM SINGING OVER HERE

ANNIE....I LOVE THE DOGGIE AVATAR!!!

BE RIGHT BACK..........................

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-06-2011 at 07:56 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #49  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I HAD TO GO BACK A PAGE SO HERE'S THE OTHER 1/2 OF MY POST:

ANNIE....I RHEAR YA ON THE "RUSH". I CAN SAY FROM FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE. IT NEVER LEAD ME TO THE RIGHT MAN. I DID HAVE ONE THAT WAS LIKE ALAN AND LET HIM GET AWAY. BEEN SORRY EVER SINCE AND NOW HE IS DEAD. HOW CUTE WAS THAT TEXT?!?! GLAD YOU'RE GIVING IT A SHOT I DO LOVE THE DOGGIE PIC! TOO CUTE.

LAURA....SORRY THE WORRYING CONTINUES. WHAT A PITA THE BOSS IS FOR LETTING THIS GO AND NOT SENDING IT OUT BEFORE SHE LEFT OR AT LEAST INSTRUCTIONS. HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT AND YOU GOT TO WORK OUT WITH THE DOGGIE AND/OR IN THE BASEMENT! GETS RID OF THE STRESS OF THE DAY. HAPPY MENDING....YOU REMINDED ME OF MY GRAN WHO USED TO SIT EVERY NIGHT IN THE WINGED CHAIR AND MENDED ALL OF OUR SOCKS. SHE HAD ALL THESE WOODEN sOCK DARNER INSERTS...THE LOOKED LIKE LITTLE MARACCAS(SP)!!

MICHELLE...POOR MISCHIEF. HOPE THE LEGS ARE BETTER SOON. WE MAKE SOME TRIO!! HOPE THE HOOPS AT WORK WEREN'T TOO HIGH TO JUMP OR TOO MANY OF THEM EITHER!! HAVE A BETTER DAY HAVE A NICE VISIT WITH THE DMIL!

CEEJAY....GLAD THE STORMS ARE LEAVING. THEY ARE COMING HERE LATER THIS AFTERNOON. I AM MORE OF A GRAZER TOO AND NOT REALLY A "SIT DOWN AND EAT A MEAL" PERSON. SINCE LAST YEAR I'VE BEEN WRITING DOWN EVERYTHING I EAT IN A JOURNAL. THIS WAY I LOOK AND SEE HOW MUCH I'VE EATEN AND WHEN. KEEPS ME FROM FORGETTING AND SHOVING TOO MUCH IN MY BIG MOUTH!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-06-2011 at 07:55 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #50  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE....yeah, that's good ole Hella B. I love how she is holding her chew bone with her hands. She can be so sweet and innocent, but yet and little devil...lol
Old 04-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #51  

Morning Worldlies. I'm liking the new avatars. Maybe I'll have to change mine up!

Michelle - Your DMIL knows what you've been going through - I don't think she'd give you a hard time.

Shad - Still sounding busy as heck! Hope it lets up a bit SOON!

Mel - Yeh, it's been a while, but I remember the days of regularly waiting (and waiting) for pages to load. Pretty soon you'll be all taking this blazing speed for granted, LOL. Good news - the boss sent an e-mail saying she sent the report to her boss on Friday, just didn't copy us or save the final to our network.

Ceejay - I prefer small meals/snacks over fewer large ones, so I guess that makes me a grazer too. I know I should have some protein in the morning, but I'm one of those cold cereal people.

Good morning to Ellen, Annie & Happy.

Nothing much to report. I took doggy for a nice walk last night, and when we got back home I did the poop pickup in the backyard. What a lot of other cleanup there is to do outside! I thought we'd done pretty well w/ our leaves last fall, but there are quite a bit that settled by the fences and in low spots. And so many twigs and branches! I hope it's nice enough on the weekend to do some cleanup. Maybe Sunday.

Having lunch w/ a buddy today. Been about a week since I've done an exercise class. I'll either go tonight or tomorrow night. Might try a brace for my forearm to see if it helps.

Gotta run - meeting now!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I love the picture of Hella B. She looks so playful.

Michelle
Has your mil gotten settled in yet?

Mel
glad the puter downloads faster. I still get up and go to another room to wait on down loads on my puter. Just cause I don't have enough patience.
I'm wanting to down load internet 9 but window's hasn't told me I could.

Laura
I did those last years leaves Saturday. There wasn't all tha many. Now tomorrow I need to mow the lawn--at least the back yard. The front still looks half way decent.

Shad
I hope things slow down some at work.

I'm glad to know that there are a lot of you that are grazers. Makes me feel better.
I've written an email to Metabolic Research Center asking to do their "at home" program. The nearest center is in Little Rock. If I don't get a call back from them by tomorrow I'm going to call the Little Rock office. That's where the main office referred my name.
The guy's have been at the Water Plant today painting the filter room. It looks better.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #53  

Morning all,
Have a heap of peer checking to do today. And my stuff or at least some of my stuff is with the SME for content analysis - now didn't that sound grand. Hope I can get him to sign off on at least one manual. But I won't be upset if not.
So in the meantime, I need to go look at Emma's online course and make nice suggestions.
Could hardly open my eyes this morning. Where is the weekend when you want it. Yesterday I took the car in for a service. Now I know it wasn't the Holden place, it was the Mitsubishi and Kia centre of Motorama -who also sell Holden cars. They did the service but didn't bother to readjust the speedo thingy that tells me an Inspection is due. They did tell me I was up for new brake pads and rotors within the next 10,000Km and gleefully informed me that they could do it for just $600.00. Since I am considering a new car, I think I might pass on that one. With my wallet lighter to the tune of just under $200 I got home and did very little for the rest of the night, but at least I am keeping up with the washing this week.

Mel - Joy and Carols in the same breathe - uh didn't we have an agreement not to mention Christmas until after Thanksgiving??

Laura - you are still outdoing me on exercise. I need a good kick to get my backside back into it. I really am stiff as a board and feel like I have run a marathon, but actually haven't done anything.

Annie - lovely pic of Hella, she looks like she might take a chunk out of you if you tried to take the chewie away. I am taking a break over Easter which is late this year and co-incides with Anzac Day over here. So we get to finish on the Thursday and don't come back till the following Wednesday. My friend and I are considering going to Adelaide to visit the vineyards down there.

And that's about it from me. I'd better get to and read this document and see if I can make any sense out of my fried brain.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #54  

Ceejay - you just sneeked in over me. Hope the At home program will help. Let us know what it is all about.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #55  
Annie - Indiana

One more day till Friday....yeah...altho my weekend to work at CVS...yikes. I open Saturday morning at 6:30, but the bright side...I will get off at 2:45 and have the rest of the day till Sunday at 11. Yippee.....

I have ate like a piglet this morning...an entire bagel from Einstein Bagels and a bowl of spaghetti noodles with butter and parmesan. WOW Carbs galore...I won't even be hungry for the spaghetti I brought to share with everyone at lunch. I made it last night.

Shaddie...glad to hear you are getting some time off and getting to enjoy a trip with a friend...you sure don't let any grass grow under your feet....and the vineyards...yum my kind of trip.

Ceejay...I could be a grazer if my tummy would allow it, but thank God it will not. I would puke. So you are not alone out there. I am with you in spirit.

Chelle...how did it go with DMIL? Everything ok? Work has kept you mighty busy lately...hope your back is holding up.

Laura...amazing what the winter will blow into your yard...seems like no matter how well we clean up in the fall, when all the snow melts, the yard looks like H. Mine certainly does...

Hey to everyone...gotta get busy.

Loves and Hugs
Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #56  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Yeh, tell us about the Metabolic Research Center's program when you get in touch w/ them.

Shad - While I'm looking forward to getting a 2nd car when this one's paid off, I'm not looking forward to additional repair & maintenance costs. I'm not one for leasing, but it seems certain car makes have leasing deals that include all R&M for the life of the lease. I like that idea. Nice you're going to get away and have some time off around Easter you deserve it!

Annie - I was sooo tempted to get a bagel on the way to the office. But since I'd already had a bowl of cereal at home, I skipped it. Need to try and eat my fruit today. I didn't eat any yesterday! At least you still have a good chunk of Saturday to enjoy after your early CVS shift.

Hellos to the rest of my Worldly friends!!

I had a nice lunch w/ my work buddy yesterday - we always enjoy venting and gossiping. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell her anything about what's going on in my department - just not a good idea.

Well, I still have a couple to-dos to get done before the boss gets back. I should be able to crank away on those today and tomorrow. I did nothing last night. Tonight I thought I'd go to an exercise class. My elbow/arm was nicely rested and at lunch I planned to buy a support strap for it, when I tweaked it this morning. Grrr. But I'm still going to buy the strap and I'm still going to a class, so there!

I'm about 80 pages away from finally finishing my book club book, so I finally rsvp'd that I'd go to the club meeting on Sat. I might make blondies, or some other baked good.

Okay, better get to it.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #57  

Still have not heard from MRC. I've done the program before when there was a center in Jonesboro. It's a good program. I'll contact them before 5 p.m.

My co-worker called last night to ask me to work for her today and tomorrow. Her son was hurt in a lawn mowing accident. Like to have cut his toe off. So I'm here until Saturday. Maybe Sunday. Unfortunately I will not be going to Paragould this week end. Will be to tired to drive.

Was supposed to get my hair cut Saturday but I'll have to call and cancel. It really needs to be cut.

Went home last night and the yard was mowed. My neighbor had it done. I called her this morning to thank her. That's taken a load off me with the extra work.

Just read on Yahoo that Japan has had another 7.1 earthquake.

Annie
I'm not going to complain about work this overtime. I know you work 2 shifts all the time. Don't know how you do it.

Laura
It's always good to catch up with friends. Good thing you didn't tell her of all the gossip in your department.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #58  
Annie - Indiana

Ceejay....don't work too hard....for me, it is all a matter of what you get used to...sometimes when I get too tired, I have meltdowns....I suppose if I slept like a normal person, all night long with out interruptions I would do better. Typically I wake up between 2 and 3 am, for an hour or two. Sucks. I saw Japan had the earthquake on the news at lunch in the breakroom. Man, how much more can they take? They have Tsunami warnings again...hope more people take heed this time. So nice of the neighbor to cut your grass. That season hasn't started here yet. I am dreading it tho. Try to rest up when you are at home to keep your wits about you when you are at work....hugs
Old 04-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #59  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

No time for personals. Sorry. I've been crazy a** busy at work, and tired at home. Things are going well with my DMIL being here.

I went to PT today, and we did a little stretching and mostly coaching on the right way for me do the simple things that cause me pain like load or unload the dishwasher, bending to pick something up, including one of my 20 lb doggies. Speaking of doggies, I love the photo of Hella Bella, Annie!

I'm working from home tomorrow and then taking Mischief to the vet after work for a blood test.

BTW, I purchased a walker with a seat today that my PT's inlaws were selling. Just in time for ReptileFest! Now I can sit down whenever I need to!!

Well, gotta get back to it.

Love you all,

Last edited by diyana; 04-07-2011 at 03:58 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #60  

Excitment at the plant today. I ran the ground storage tank over. All of a sudden it sounded like some one was using a pressure washer. I got up to look down stairs. That was okay but when I check on the ground storage tank it was over flowing and hitting my car. Came back in and shut the plant down, but it had to dispose of the over flow. I couldn't turn the transfer pump off cause the clear well was full. That would have meant more water on the floor down stairs. I turned on two service pumps to send the water out to the elevated tanks, or water towers as most people call them. This was the culprit cause they had gone off which meant the elevated tank was full. Of all things unit 14 calls me on the radio to tell me the tank was over flowing. How embarrassing!!!!! The maintenance man called to check to see if there was a problem and so did the boss. They, thank goodness, were both laughing at me. I was a nervous wreck.