Worldly Chicks enter Adorable April with Attitude and Aptitude

You're on Page 2 of 19
Go to
  • I have had a good week end so far. I went to paragould yesterday to see my cousin's son perform. He's in a group called the Belle's and Beaux's at the University he is attending. He has really improved his druming skills.
    The group was awesome.

I should be outside because the weather is beautiful. And there is some yard work that really needs to be done. It will be time to mow again next week end.
    I also went shopping at JCPenny's, sorry Michelle, and bought my Easter outfit and it will do double duty for my sister's graduation in May.

Happy
    Safe travels. And enjoy that spa tub. The basket of goodies sounds like a very nice prize.

Mel
    I hope some of that happiness is spread through my computer. I've bought one of those key type things to back up my computer.

Ellen
    i'm a bit envious of your 2011 Camry. That's what I have my eye on and maybe I'll splurge the end of April or May. My 2002 Rav 4 is still going strong and I have no payments on it, but I'm looking a little further down the road to my retirement. Glad the dd is making some improvements.

Annie
    Enjoy the trip to Ky. Are your going to Lousiville? If so wave to my neice. Glad you enjoyed your date.

Shad
    Thanks for setting up the new thread. I've been getting ants. I hate those things.

laura
    You deserved those treats after giving blood. That's one thing I've never done.
  • Morning all,
    Didn't get to bomb the house yesterday so it will be today. I need to get the plants outside - might take the opportunity to repot them as well. Some of them seem set in concrete.
    The washing got done, but not all dry. Ran out of space on the line. Why do I have so much washing - well I thought and thought about it and came up with the following:
    a: we are dirty people
    b: we live in the tropics - rarely gets below 70F even in the winter during the day
    c: humidity makes you sweat
    d: we take more showers
    e: we are dirty people

Anyway, unless I organise myself and do a load a night, then I am up for at least five loads come the weekend.

By the way Michelle says hello. Apparently she is busy - just mentioned it on facebook. I hope she is not getting run down or is in pain

Ellen - Congrats on the Camry. I have a friend who works for a Toyota subsidiary, she will be very pleased. Hope your wee girl is feeling better today.

Ceejay - I'm up to change my car this year as well. I'm really not sure what to get. I like the look of the Mitsubishi ASX (only 2wd drive) and the Honda Civic hatch as well as a Mazda 3 hatch. Guess what I will be doing some weekend soon. Like you I have no car repayments and probably will only take out a very small loan on the new one.

Happy - happy travels. Not that you are going to read this anytime soon.

Mel - it does this old cynical body good to see someone so happy. Keep experimenting, most of the things we talked about years back are still there, just hidden in different places. I still have to think about find things in Vista which is what I am running at the moment. I know Office 7 is quite different from what I have got, but still does the same, you just have to find it.
    Change is good, change is good, change is good. It makes you think.

Laura - my friend in Toyota mentioned above is in HR. She fully admits that she leans to the corporate view although get her going on harassment or glass ceilings and she will move mountains. Just hang in there and get your cv up to date.

Talking of cv's or resumes or what ever you want to call them, everyone should have one, everyone should have one that is up to date. Even if you are not considering leaving your job, you need to document what your duties are and what you have achieved. If some years down the track you need to change jobs or are asked for your cv, how do you remember all the little achievements and all the certificates and all the duties you have done off the top of your head. Consider it insurance. I have several, depending on the type of job I am going for, I have them on my back up, my computer and on a USB drive that is attached to my key ring. I change the one on my computer and back it up with the other two.

Anyway, better buzz before the rain starts if it ever does although they keep predicting it. There's tomatoes going begging around here if anyone wants some, and I had need to think of things like pasta sauce, stewed tomato, frozen tomato etc. Yummy.
  • Hey Saturday nite's alright, Saturday nite's alright....hehe ...a song of some sort....

Chelle say hey to all from her facebook post...no time on her hands...busy weekend for her.....

MELLIE.....see, entertain your thoughts with other things...computer, family, worldies, life INSTEAD of your ailments and no pain results.....when we thing of ourselves less our problems seem small or non existant....how wonderful is that.

Happy....every step closer to getting to the new house would make me so excited and have an anxiety attack.....lovin' the new retirement home, altho when visiting the nephew today...I have decided that is my new retirement home...OMG...what a wonderful place. Congrats on the win....S C O R E, H A P P Y, S C O R E!!!!

MELLIE....kudos on the Chineese food....makes more time for play...Do not question the happy fortune....take it...see what postive attitudes and gratefulness brings you..no time for thoughts of CRAP!!!....sorry didn't get all my BS out on the first post...lol

Laura....proud of you for the blood donation...they are low on blood right now, at least that is what the Indiana commercials are stating....good for you...

Ceejay...glad to hear you had a happy week.....makes life happy.

Shaddie...what all did you get accomplished at home this weekend? I know your life is so busy and you have hardly any time to get anything done. My resume is more than up-to-date...I check it every week...guess I am paranoid, but not letting ANY grass grow under my feel.

The day in KY was awesome. My great niece is so SMART and gorgeous....I got the change diapers and rock her to sleep for her nap....she is so sweet. Really cute...she was shy and wouldn't come to me when I first arrived, then preferred me by the time I left...I always act like a goof with kids so they tend to drift towards me...it is so simple for me to act like an R-tard. lol We ended up clearing a part of nephew's land and having a bon fire with the removal...so much fun....hope I didn't get into any poison ivy....just what I need...funny grape vines and poison ivy vines can look quite alike.

Not much else....GO DAWGS!!! YES....BUTLER...WON....they are in the final game to win it all....I am so psyched...The final game is this Monday nite. Makes me have a panic attack...lol

YIKES I need to get off of here and get busy around this messy house....Hellos to all I missed

Love and hugs.
  • Sorry if some of my post is cryptic...I am drinking wine and watching basketball.....read between the lines.....hahahahahhahaha
  • GOOD MORNING CHICKLETS
    I GOT A LOT DONE YESTERDAY. I HAVE TO DECIDE WHAT LEVELS I WANT MY COMPUTER SHELVES AND WHAT GOES ON THEM. MIGHT AS WELL SORT THAT JUNK OUT TODAY. I FEEL THE NEED TO GET MY LIVINGROOM BACK TO NORMAL AND PUT THE STUFF AWAY. DOING THIS IS MUCH BETTER THAN DOING THE LAUNDRY LIKE YOU GALS....EVEN THO THE PILE IS GETTING DANGEROUSLY CLOSE TO THE BATHROOM CEILING
    HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY

LAURA....I WAS WONDERING HOW YOU FEEL QFTER THE BLOOD DONATIONS...ARE YOU ABLE TO DRIVE YOURSELF AND SHOP? GLAD YOU FOUND ONE PIC FOR THE KITCHEN. I LOCED 2ND HAND SHOPS. I LIKED WHEN JEN & I LIVED TOGETHER. SHE DID THE LAUNDRY AND I CLEANED THE KITCHEN & BATHROOM!! I MISS HER! I'LL THINK OF YOU WHEN I GO TO TRADER JOE'S....MAYBE I SHOULD BUY 2 BOTTLES OF WINE

CEEJAY....WE'LL BE SIONGING "IN YOUR EASTER BONNET" TO YOU THIS WEEK WHILE YOU MODEL YOUR NEW OUTFIT!! GLAD YOUR WEEKEND IS GOING WELL TOO. WE BOTTH NEED TO GET OUTSIDE! HOPE YOU ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER...YOU "SOUND" IT!

SHAD...."I" ARE DIRTY PEOPLE TOO! THAT'S WHY I HAVE A TON OF ASST PJ COMBOS AND T-SHIRTS
    OK....YOU DO OUR WASH AND I'LL GO HUNT THE BUGS DOWN. I'M A GOOD STALKER! I BETTER WRITE ME UP A CV IN CASE I WANT TO CHANGE JOBS & GO TO ANOTHER TOWN... EVERY TIME THE BIG BOSS COMES HERE I BEG HIM TO TAKE ME WITH HIM!! HOW DID THE REPOTTING GO??? BTW...HOW DO YOU LIKE THE SOLAR WATER HEATING NOW???

ANNIE...GO DAWGS! I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE BIT GO DAWGS!!! NO PANIC ATTACKS PLEASE!!! I CAN GET THEM ALL BY MYSLEF WITH NO HELP FROM THE DAWGS! IT'S GOOD TO BE SILLY WITH KIDSLETS....THEY KEEP US YOUNG. GLAD THE DAY IN KY (not good initials by the way ) WAS A NICE VISIT. YES I WILL KEEP THE HAPPY THOUGHTS THIS MONTH AND THE AILMENTS AT BAY. I DON'T GET SICK FOR 5 YRS AND THEN HAVE 2 IN A MONTH HAVE A SUPER SUNDAY.
  • Annie
    I can't wait to see my sister's grandbaby. She's walking and climbing on things. Like you kiddo's and dog's gravitate my way. It's okay for you to mellow out for the day. You work two jobs.

Mel
    I did get the out side work done yesterday. Didn't take long and I enjoyed being outside. When you get through with your computer shelves you can come and clean my computer room. For some unknown reason it's the most unorganized room in the house.

Happy
    Safe travels.

It's back to work for me today. Ugh. I hate to work on Sunday's. The sun is shining so that's a plus. R was wound up this morning over not having aspirin or band aids available. I told her to stop by the shop and get her some in the morning. I'm not going to do it for her. I keep Tylenol in my locker but the only time I use it is if I have a severe headache and that's usually when I have an ear infection.
  • Today's update...we all need to be in mourning today.....Annie's Swiffer Wetjet took it final sh*t and am trying to mop without it.....boo hoo hoo...must purchase another when I get paid on Friday....Poor ole girl lasted 10 years.....got my 15 bucks out of it.

70 today....Hella B is outside for the duration of cleaning house...she is not minding it too much....

MELLIE...Dawg's won!! Yeah! They are in the championship game tomorrow night. Looks like another wine and basketball night tomorrow....of course AFTER I get off work at CVS...game tip off isn't until 9:23 so I won't miss too awful much of it....planning on going in late to work 1 on Tuesday...lol
    Butler Bulldogs....College in Indianapolis, small and hardly recognized..this is the Cinderella story...UConn scares me...hope they can whoop up on them.

Ceejay...babies are so much fun...hope you get to see sis's gb before she is too big....once they walk and talk...life changes...

Gotta get back at cleaning...slow going without my Swiffer

Hi ya's to all ya'lls....

Love and hugs
  • Good Morning/afternoon Ladies! (I started typing this this morning) Been back to work since Friday, but it has been manageable. No big problems to handle. DD2 is still having some issues going to the bathroom so she may have to miss a few more days of school this week, but we will wait and see. DH and the kiddies cleaned up the yard yesterday, but unfortunately I have had to work and have not been able to enjoy the nicer weather. On the upside I got to drive the new car all weekend and I can’t stop smiling, such a nice ride!

Work tomorrow evening, then Dentist for DD3 on Wednesday (we had to resched last week) and then a follow up appt for DD2 Saturday Morning. Not much else planned, just getting my comp back to normal. DH and I reloaded mine, and I saved pretty much everything I needed from my old one, except I forgot to save my bookmarks for IE so I need to go find everything. Well, Need to get back to work, got calls to make!

Ceejay~~I hate working Sunday’s too, but for now it is necessary. Hope your day goes well and you get a chance to enjoy the sunshine! I did not expect to buy a new car but everything lined up and fell into place. We have not had a car pmt in over 2 yrs so this will be an adjustment.

Happy~~Good for you cleaning out your computer room. I started to clean out my cabinet and only got about half way thru it, but I finally got DH to ok tossing out all our OLD floppy disks!!! I feel so liberated! Don’t get lost in your Mt Washmore…DH has been maintaining it and I will only have foothills to wash tomorrow!

Annie~~I must be more tired than I thought…your post actually seemed to make sense. I love babies…I keep telling my Sis and SIL they need to have one because I am DONE but want to play and enjoy another baby. Keep acting like a goof with kids, that’s what keeps us young at heart. We had a fire yesterday too, but when I got up today I realized that my jeans and sweatshirt I was going to wear all smelled like smoke…ran around this AM trying to find something to wear to work!! If I get you a new swiffer will you come clean my house???

Shad~~We are all dirty ppl, but I could not imagine how much laundry I would have if we lived in your neck of the woods!! I do need to update my resume, but have put it off, Kida good tho because our job descriptions changed from mostly csr service to more sales. Yuck! I would love to take some tomatos off your hands, but don’t think they would be any good by the time they got here!

Laura~~Can I come over to your house we can visit over your wine and cheese. Sounds yummy! Sorry you got up extra early, but at least you realized it before you left the house. One year I didn’t realiz that we were running so early until I got to where we were going and had to wait.

Happy~~Have a great trip! Hope you got everything accomplished before you had to leave. : on the house closing. And congrats on winning the kitchen basket… I would love one of those mixers…put it to good use!
  • Hello all.

Ceejay - Sounds like a nice weekend you had. Nice you've got a new outfit for your upcoming events. I haven't shopped for clothes in a while, except for the trench coat I bought a couple weeks ago. The weather might actually be nice enough to wear it this week! As long at the RAV4 is still going strong, I say save your money for down the road when you finally need to replace it. Think of all the money you're saving!

Shad - Yeh, I guess now you mention it, we're dirty people - I know I've got more laundry since starting back w/ the exercise classes. And I do recall days when I visited a friend in Miami in which I took 2-3 showers because it was so bloody hot & humid!

Good advice re the cv, and it's good to know that you and Annie are so comfortable with them - I might need you both to review mine when I finally get it going! I've been w/ my company 15.5 years now and it's been about 10 years since I made a move internally - been a long time since I've even used a resume. That needs to change!! Need to start brainstorming my accomplishments to gather material for it.

Annie - Glad you enjoyed your trip to KY and the great niece - or is it grand niece?? How about both?? Sorry your S. Wetjet gave it up. I'd give you ours, but bf still likes it. I haven't used it in a while - have to try it again to see if I like it any better. I think the one we have turned me off because I thought having to buy the refills was a PITA. I ultimately ended up putting a hole in the existing container so I could refill it w/ my own homemade solution. I think there's another maker of mops that has one like it, but w/ a refillable bottle and a washable mop cloth.

Mel - Watch out you don't get buried under the laundry should that tall pile suddenly topple!! When I donate whole blood, I feel fine afterwards, and doing all the usual activities is no problemfor me, but I don't do heavy exercise (as the blood donation folks advise). In the past I've donated just red blood cells and the process takes longer because the machine separates the red blood cells out and keep those and returns the rest to me. For some reason, that process wiped me out. They do ask me to do that occasionally and usually I don't do it because I don't want to feel tired the rest of the day, and our weeknight schedules don't mesh or I'd do it then when I can just "recover" during my night's sleep. Oh, and you have to have a higher iron count to do that process and the last time I was screened to do it, I didn't pass...

Ellen - Fingers crossed DD will be recovered enough that she can get back to school soon. LOL about getting rid of the floppy disks! Actually, I was shifting some papers that need to be sorted and purged today and I came across some floppies too! Don't have any way to see what's on them, so I guess I should just toss them too. A wine & cheese party sounds fun, but just so you don't think it would be a classy affair - the cheeses I bought were a pack of monterey jack cheese sticks (like the string cheese, but Monterey Jack instead of mozzarella), and a pack of the Laughing Cow wedges, LOL.

Hellos to Michelle & Happy - Hope you two didn't wear yourselves out too much this weekend!

My weekend's been pretty slothful - after yesterday's dog walk I didn't do much at all except some (dry) Swiffering and vacuuming. I did the tea & newspaper thing this morning. This afternoon I took a og walk by the creek for the first time this year - Coal loved it. Clipped some coupons and cleaned and organized my decorating stuff into a neat file - paint & fabric swatches, etc. Now that would ge a good use of one of those Wonder files - what do you think Annie?? How do you like yours??

Just added a bunch of useful apps to my iPhone. Oh, bf & I re-joined Costco today after being away for a couple years. Their gas prices really seem a lot lower than other gas stations since the gas prices have been skyrocketing latekt, and so we can justify the membership fee with the savings. Plus we forgot how they have really good (and BIG) rotisserie chickens!! Can't wait to have the leftover chicken shredded into some soft tacos!

Okay, gonna post this and relax for what's left of my weekend. At least the boss is out this week.

TTFN!!
  • MORNING EVERYONE. THE WEEKEND GOT A BIT HAIRY. EVERYONE TRYING TO BURN THE BUILDING DOWN ALL IN ONE DAY!!
    LOTS OF ALARMS, ONE TENANT MOVING IN AND ANOTHER TENANT PASSING AWAY IN THE HOSPITAL. THEY ALL SEEMED DETERMINED TO GET ME OFF THE COMPUTER AND SPOIL MY FUN. I EVEN SET UP THE PRINTER. WAS EASY PEASY CAUSE THE MINUTE I PLUGGED IT IN THE PC RECOGNIZED IT?!?!?! HOW THAT HAPPENED WITHOUT ME PUTTING IN THE SOFTWARE IS A MYSTERY TO ME. BUT I CELEBRATED THE HAPPY ACCIDENT!!

NOW I AM OFF TO THE OFFICE TO MAKE REPORTS AND GET THE BLDG CLEANED TOO. SOMEHOW IT GOT FILTHY OVER THE WEEKEND. MAYBE I'LL CHECK BACK IN LATER. BUT ACTUALLY NOTHING IS NEW WITH ME!! MAYBE THAT'S A GOOD THING
    HAVE A GREAT DAY!

CEEJAY...I HAVE OFTEN WONDERED WHY THE PC ROOMS & DESKS ARE THE MOST CLUTTERED WHEN WE SIT HERE ALL THE TIME AS SOON AS I FINSIH HERE I'LL GET YOURS DONE TOO! ARE YOU UNDER ANY OF THOSE TORNADO WATCHES?

ANNIE...OK SO WE WILL BE WEARING SOMETHING BLACK TODAY IN MOURNING FOR YOUR SWIFFER JET AND MY TENANT. SHALL WE HAVE A BUFFET OF SORTS TOO? YOU PROBABLY WORE THE DANG THING OUT USING IT ALL THE TIME!!!! YOU CLEANING FANATIC YOU!! I LOOED UP THE DAWGS AFTER I POSTED YESTERDAY GO DAWGS!!

ELLEN....JOPE YOU GET TO DRIVE THE NEW CAR ALL THE TIME! I FORGOT TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS AND ENJOY THAT NEW SMELL. I LOVE IT TOO. HOPE YOU FIND EVERYTHING ON IE...I AM DOING THAT ALSO. ENJOY THE NEW PC! LOTS OF NEW GOING ON FOR THE CHICKS THIS YEAR!! SENDING HEALING THOUGHTS TO YOUR DD. HOPE SHE GETS BETTER AND THE ISSUES DISAPPEAR. THAT HAS TO BE SO HARD ON HER.

LAURA....YUM ON THE COSTCO CHICKENS. I LOVE ROASTED CHICKENS...BE RIGHT OVER! I THINK COSTCO MIGHT DO A LOT OF BUSINESS THIS YEAR. LOTS OF PEEPS GOING THERE FROM MY AREA. THANKS FOR THE BLOOD DONATION EXPLANATION. I NEVER KNEW THERE WERE 2 KINDS OF PROCESSES. ALWAYS WONDERED WHY ONE OF THE DRS TOLD ME TO SHELVE THE IDEA. GUESS THAT EXPLAINS IT. SOMEWHAT ANYWAY...LOL
    WHO KNOWS. YES THE RESUME IDEA OF SHAD'S IS GOOD AND I PASSED IT ON TO AN OFFICE FRIEND.
  • Good Morning...Monday, Monday,,du du dah dah dahdah......

Yesterday was so beautiful. 80 degrees and sunny, altho windier than H. BUT WARM...Took Hella B for an extra long walk last night...OMG...she was out of it all night long. At one point when I got up to go to the bathroom, I looked over at her in her bed and she looked like she was dead. I got down on the floor to see. Nope she was just sleeping hard. Too funny...she was still dragging this morning too, had to force her to go out to the bathroom...

Made homemade pizza, bread stix and a salad for dinner...Alan (crooked teeth) came over for dinner. He stayed till about 8 when I told him I needed to get my beauty rest. He is so nice, but frankly I am not feeling it yet...do you think I ever will?

MELLIE...sorry to hear of your tenant's passing...hope they get good use of my swiffer for they are together now. Yes, a buffet would be delightful. Let's go Hawaian. Luau sound good? I have an excellent recipe for pineapple upside cake.

Laura...I belong to Costco also and was just there on Friday...I really like that place and if you go at lunch on Friday's you can get try-a-bites...(food sampling) Sissy and I ate lunch there...haha

Ellen..you poor thing with that many kids you probably spend a lot of time at drs. and dentists. Hope the babe gets to feeling better.

Gotta get busy...I can feel them breathing down my neck...lol The hotshots from Michigan will be here on Wednesday...dang it. What a way to ruin a perfectly good week.

Hello's to all.

Love and hugs.
  • Hi everyone-

Sorry I wasn't around at all during the weekend. I am so ready to put the pain and ailments of March (and February for that matter) well behind me. I am totally ready to embrace Adorable April with a whole new Attitude (and Aptitude).

On Friday, the dogs got groomed, Mischief went to the vet and her blood test showed that the medicine is working well. Her red blood cell percentage is supposed to be less than 70% for her to be out of the dangerous range. After her procedure last Monday, it was 68%, and at her blood test on Friday, it was 62%! Yay!! She goes back to the vet this Friday for another blood test to make sure her red blood cell % is still okay and that the medicine hasn't lowered her white blood cell %. So she got the okay to go to the groomers with the boys, and she also got permission to run and play off-leash in the backyard! She was so happy to be able to run with the boys!!

Friday afternoon was spent doing bursts of cleaning and then having to rest. Then DH and I went out to dinner for our anniversary! He's put up with me for 16 years (well 21 if you include the years we dated).

Saturday was more of the same, with the exception of the hour long massage I had, which was wonderful. It wasn't your typical massage to relax my body all over. She focused on the areas of pain/tightness...hamstrings, calves, quads, hip flexors, etc. It was a very deep tissue massage to really get the muscles to release. It has helped. I'm able to walk a little bit further before my pain level goes off the charts. Yesterday, DH and I got most of the remainder of the cleaning done. He is going to mop the floors tonight, and once the mopping is done, all the important stuff is complete.

I have a PT stretching-out appt today over the lunch hour, and I'm so looking forward to it!.

Thanks to Annie and Shad for passing along my "hello" that I posted on FB. I was super busy, and didn't get run down...but I did get myself in lots of pain...which meant spending more time resting than I really could afford to.

Shad - Walking is the best exercise, and my PT wants me to try walking in the pool at the gym. I was hoping to have time to do that this weekend, but with all the cleaning, it didn't happen. I need to start doing it, and soon. I was able to walk 4 minutes on the treadmill at PT on Friday. I tried to go for 5 minutes, but just after the 4 minute mark, my back said to me "NO MORE - YOU'D BETTER SIT DOWN NOW, BECAUSE WE'RE EITHER SITTING DOWN OR FALLING DOWN...YOUR CHOICE!!". I loved the Progressive Man theory. I hope the critters stay outdoors. With Wisconsin winters, no human or animal wants to be out in the cold, so we have to make sure the critters don't find their into our house. Awww, why did you have to say it rarely gets below 70F even in the winter during the day? I'm savoring the temps in the mid to upper 40s here as if it were summer. Can't wait for it to get a bit warmer (as long as the 90+ degree days hold off until at least August). But since it's warm and humid there, it does make sense that you have more laundry. I used to have a lot more laundry to do when I worked out every day. Thanks for the good tip on keeping our rezzies up to date. Since I can't always remember from one day to the next, it's good to document achievements when they're still fresh in the mind.

Mel - Sorry to hear about all the alarms, but I'm glad you're finding time to enjoy your new toy! I'm so very happy for you!!! As for the massage, I got the PT's permission to have one before I scheduled. The PT said "no way" to chiropractic however. Since my back is so unstable right now, any major manipulation could really do more harm. I hope you soaked up the sunshine because April showers are heading your way if they haven't already arrived. We had rain most of yesterday and major severe thunderstorms all night last night, with hail ranging from pea size to tennis ball size. Thank goodness we were spared the tennis balls and mostly got the pea and quarter size hail. I'm so very glad that all the good fortune and happiness is relieving your pain. I need to focus on all the positives in my life and maybe it will help my pain too. It's such a bummer that you can't express your happiness with those around you due to their petty jealousy.

Laura - Sorry about all the office politics with the mgr, and the ill-defined, unattainable goals she had. That's rough when people don't have each other's backs. It can be very demoralizing. I'm glad you're doing so well with the exercise and the healthy eating habits!! Thanks for asking about Mischief. She's doing much better. She cramps up very rarely now. I hope your elbow/arm get better soon. Did you get yourself a steam mop? I love the one we got a few months ago. It's a SteamFast, and it has several attachments that we use for floors, counters, bathtub/shower, even the stove. It's awesome!! It was more expensive than a regular steam mop...but well worth it. My clock jumped ahead overnight on Saturday night also. I'll be donating blood in a couple weeks at the drive that my company is hosting. Makes it very convenient when you just have to walk down the hall to donate. Since my blood type is O negative, I am always getting requests/reminders to donate. I would love to find cheap gas, and our gas prices up here aren't even as high as yours are down there.

Ellen - So sorry to hear that DD2 is still having sensitivity issues. Congrats on the new car!!! That's wonderful!! DH and I are loyal Toyota customers. He's got a 1999 4-Runner and I've got a 1999 Corolla and they're both running great!!

Happy - You are so right about HR. I used to think they were there to protect/serve the employees, until my DH explained the reality to me. Don't feel bad about no pool at the new house...there aren't that many "pool weather" days in the Northwoods. You definitely won great prizes! I have a Kitchenaide stand mixer (don't think it's the pro series though). And I LOVE it. It is heavy and I have to contract my abs to support my back when I lift it. Those other goodies are very nice too. I hope you were able to relax on the drive up.

Annie - I wish laundry were more scarce around my house. Of course, we don't have nearly as much as Ellen. I can't even imagine doing laundry every day. I grumble and complain about doing 3-4 loads a week. I LOVE the advice you gave Happy...for everything you pack, pitch two things. There's been lots of pitching going on while cleaning/decluttering for DMIL's visit. My eating is more under control and I'm measuring and weighing everything. I'm so glad you had a nice time on your date and a nice visit with your great niece in KY. How long of a drive is that for you? Sorry to hear about your Swiffer Wetjet. Mine bit the dust a year or two ago. 80 degrees yesterday! You're so lucky!! As for not feeling it with Alan...I didn't fall in lust at first sight with DH. It took a few dates before I felt anything more than he's a nice guy and fun to be around with. I'm actually glad I didn't have the hots for him right away...it gave me time to get to know him as a person and really learn what he's about before all those "other" feelings clouded my mind. Anyway, it worked for us. As for Costco, I used to love getting a free lunch there with all the samples.

Ceejay - Glad you enjoyed watching your cousin's son perform! No prob about shopping at the "other store". I'm glad you found a double duty outfit. When do you get to see your sister's granddaughter?

With taking a day off, I'm way behind on work, so I'd better dive into it.

Love and hugs to all,
  • Chellle.....glad to hear the cleaning is almost done, makes me sad that you wouldn't let me get in on it. I did get my house all clean yesterday but it was so windy that flecks of stuff came in through the doors when I had them open...I am running the vacuum one more time tonight. Yeah I am going to keep dating Alan and see where it goes. It isn't a matter of I am not interested or can't stand him or anything, truly, I just cannot get used to his niceness. Freaks me out, never been treated like this. Time will tell. So glad Mischief is doing so well and back to her usual self...she probably thought she was grounded for being a bad puppy...lol. Good job of weighing and measuring EVERYTHING, believe me that will get the weight falling off. Guessing is never in our favor...usually still eat to much. :^) The deep tissue massage probably helped more than anything....I always love getting those, but the next day I feel like my body is aching all over...good sign of a good massage.

Gotta get this new business enrolled and going....

Later Lovie..
  • Morning all.

Mel - Sorry you had all the alarms and other activity this past weekend - figures, when you have something you really want to do, you get interrupted. Re blood dontation - I'm sure there are more blood donation processes than I mentioned - I think they can also remove just the plasma too. These methods allow them to get more of the individual blood components than they do by just taking whole blood.

Annie - Yeh, I can see Hella being tired after that extra long walk. Bf always says a tired dog is a good dog, lol. Hope you and Alan continue to have nice dates and hopefully at some point you'll start feeling the magic. Re Costco - I told we have to make this membership pay for itself, so he has to go there to get his free samples and/or the $1.50 hot dog for his lunches, LOL.

Michelle - Glad the massage made you feel better, and hope the PT stretch-out does too! And yay that Mischief's meds are doing the job!! We love to see our furry friends happy and healthy. No, we didn't get a steam mop yet. Thanks for the brand you bought - have to check that out too. Re cheap gas - bf found a smartphone app called gasbuddy that gives you the prices of gas based on your location, which users report to the app (and you see how long ago that price was reported).

Hello to the rest of you Worldlies.

Nothing much to report this morning since I posted later last night. Boss is out, but there's still plenty of work to do, so no playing while the boss is away...
  • Hello Ladies
    Just a lurking, skulking turtle popping in to say hello from West Virginia. I stalk a couple of you on here (you know who you are ). I just felt so good today, I wanted to say hi to all of you. Have a great week!