Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #16  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Nice job Josey - on starting the challenge thread. Good timing as well. I wonder if I can see a dietician soon.
Anyways DH and I had an unintentionally high protein-ey meal last night. Burgers - quinoa salad - edamame beans. There's nothing worth doing that isn't worth overdoing I guess. lol
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I love spring, best time of year (well before it gets slushy) . I love Minus -15 with a -20 windchill, cold enough that the snows not slushy , btu warm enough that I do not get insta-frostbite outside. Yeah!!
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #18  
tamIam

Hey all; It's an evening check in here. I went waaaaaay off plan yesterday at a birthday party and had about a bottle of wine. YIKES. I am feeling poorly today to say the very least. But you know what they say- get back on the horse. And that I shall do. DH and I enjoyed some smoothies tonight instead of chips and pop so woot for us! Also have been working very hard helping build our house so that's a bunch of activity my body isn't used to! I am sore all around today! Anyways I hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Tam
Old 04-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #19  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Ug... I was way off plan yesterday too. I won't detail the things I ate but it was bad

To top it off I've hit another roadblock... I have strep throat and I've just realized I forgot to take my antibiotic this morning!!!! Argh! For crying out loud, yeesh.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #20  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Aunty Jam, I had a rough day yesterday too and a hard time sticking to the plan. The only thing that helped me was repeating to myself: "I am smarter than this!" But it was a huge fight that didn't help me concentrate on my job for sure! And I have no idea why it was so tough yesterday.
When I went home after work I punished myself on the treadmill :-) Well, not really punish but I figured if I am on there, I can't get to the goodies in the kitchen. Then I tried out a new pilates DVD I bought and holy!!!! Beginners level is insane. I could barely do an exercise once, let alone 10 times. That will take me a while to get through that one. $5 well invested :-)
After that I had a massive dinner and then I was ok. But what a day...

PS: Get well soon!!

Last edited by josey; 04-06-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: add PS
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #21  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

FELLOW CANUCKS ~ thanks for getting the new spring thread up and going, AUNTY JAM -- you are such a big help here. Hope you are feeling better real soon. My old PC gives me trouble some days; came in to read the other night, but couldn't get a reply in. It's quieter tonight, so it's working.

JOSE, TAM & others ~ we all have those off days, don't we? That's right, just get back on that horse and ride -- Hi, Ho, Silver ...

LAUREN A & SILENTARTIC ~ glad you joined us over here; keep coming back to visit us ...

I have been eating really well in March & April; so glad for that. Did some tweaking to my portion plan and it is really helping me a lot. I added in some more protein snacks; keeping my whole grain carbs in check; and the salty snacks out!!! That plus my Christian meditations really seem to be helping me this year.

GOOD NEWS ~ I ordered myself a brand new PC and it should be here and up and running with high-speed internet in a week or less. Yahoo ... it's about time, eh? I know, I'm so way behind ... Not for long though; soon I'll be back here regularly. Thanks to all of you for keeping this thread going strong; and I hope your challenges go well for you all too!

We had some ***** the other day, but had lovely all day today. Take good care & have a great week all ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-06-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Spring Can't get here soon enough for me.... seems every weekend there is another storm coming from Ontario.

I have however, managed to get some spring cleaning done. I love it when the Sunshines through a freshly cleaned window.

You Ladies all sound like your having a Great time!!! Thanks for the Victoria Day Challenge !!!

Last edited by Izzadawn; 04-08-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #23  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Hi guys,
any plans for the weekend?
We are going to a lacrosse game tonight. Yay! I love lacrosse. So exciting!!
I might go to the mall on the weekend and shop for clothes. Everything is a getting a bit too loose. I am not complaining!!!

Have a great weekend everybody!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekend Plans

The Sun is SHINING... Doing Some Yard Work !!!!
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #25  
tamIam

Good Sunday All! So happy to see more people here! We have been enjoying the spring so far and happily putting up with the mud in the yard!
Izzadawn- When I first looked at your post I saw those happy faces on cloud five! I wondered what that meant. (Silly tam. Look closer!) Hope the yardwork was rewarding and fun!
Rosebud- have you gotten your new computer yet?
Josey - How was the lacrosse game? I haven't been to one, like ever! And I know there are some teams in town.
Welcome Silent Arctic and Lauren!!

Well I behaved considerably better this weekend and even managed to stay somewhat on plan. I am reticent to admit that cutting carbs works well for me. I really didn't want it to be the case, but I'm afraid so. I love bread and potatoes. ALOT and I just KNOW that when I get started on them I will eat until I'm full and far past that point too. Geez that bugs me. I would like to believe I have a modicum of control about this but I just don't seem to. I even know and remember so well the way it feels to be so full and hear me tell myself - "It's just so GOOD! Keep going, It's okay!" (I write this with no small amount of shame.)
Why?? Why do I do this? Will I always be this way? And how connected is this behaviour with the state of my home and my finances and work and school?
GAH! I need to do some research on this for sure. And clean my house. Anyways, long post, sorry ladies. My vent/confession that I probably should have started a thread for.
Hope everyone is out enjoying the weather,
tam
Old 04-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #26  
Gotta run!

Hey everyone... welcome to our new folk

Rosebud - No problem! That's me... I like to help out I was wondering if you had dropped off the face of the earth - LoL. Good to know it was just computer problems. Get the new one yet?

Tam - I love carbs too... bread, my favorite. I'm lucky though that I LOVE the whole wheat stuff wtih nuts and seeds.. mmmmm. But you're right, can't eat to much. Everyone needs to vent sometimes... but feel free to come over and clean my house too!!!

Josey - I went shopping this weekend too! Bought some new running gear! Actually got a shirt in a medium.

Hi Izz! - The sun was shining here to.. but now it's gone away! I'm going to cry.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 04-14-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #27  
tamIam

Good Morning!
Aunty Jam - My cleaning skills leave much to be desired, but isn't it funny that you said that. I never mind cleaning or organizing another space. Someone else's room or house, but cleaning mine seems to be such a hassle! Anyways, sounds like you had a good experience at the running store. Woohoo-medium!
I hope all is well with everyone else!
I am bound to the country today to finish two papers and keep packing for our big move in May.
We just poured concrete on our main floor yesterday for the radiant floor heating and I gotta tell you; I have a new respect for anyone who does that for a living. It's heavy and messy and miserable! It is something I will keep in my mind to avoid at all costs.
Anyways happy wednesday Canadian Lovelies.
T
Old 04-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #28  
Gotta run!

And we're back to winter! Hope everyone here in Alberta enjoyed their spring and summer, we're getting 10-15cm of snow. Wonderful

Tam - my house is a constant mess... but a teenager and a teenage-like husband will do that.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #29  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Ha! We got a foot overnight. Literally from a skiff at 9pm to 1ft at 5am. CRAZY!!!

I guess, welcome to Alberta!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #30  
Gotta run!

^ I hope you enjoyed your spring and summer... we're back to winter now! Isn't it horrible out there! SO icy this morning! I slid right through a yield sign... luckly there was no one coming the other way.