3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Weight Loss Buddies IX

Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #61

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Happy Wednesday!!

Burgundy how's the c25k going? I have learned my son is a great motivator he expects to go for a walk or a run everyday now. Super helpful on a few occassions I didn't want to go but he was all momm you said we could..so we did very helpful

Kera how's your runing coming?
I self-sabotage on occassion I can refrain from eating "bad" things but sometimes I reward myself with something "bad" I know I don't have a healthy relationship with food. I will reward myself for loosing weight or eating healthy by eating something unhealthly. That doesn't make sense at all so it is something I have to keep in mind a lot. It's just easier to stay away from temptations for me, however that is so much easier said then done

Our lab is so happy to be out & about again! She was in a cast & crated for a lot of the winter she tore her achilles. The surgeon said she couldn't go for walks more than 5-10mintues & only if the walk ways were clear (uh okay great plan haha) until spring...and it's spring whoo I'm attempting to do cardio & strength daily for the rest if the week. Hopefully I can loose these 2lbs that are hanging on for dear life
Alright off to work I go! Hope ya'll are having a good week

for every 20lbs & for every 5lbs lost
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #62

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

burgundyrayne! 50lbs?? I remember when you just wanted to be in the 100's so bad! You are amazing. We are almost the same now... come kick my arse and get me in gear!

I just wanted you all to know that I am having dinner with Stacey tomorrow here in Seattle! Really excited. So now I will have met Dance and Steinnun =)

Allison.... I am coming to MI in July I think

ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #63

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Marmalade-thanks, 3 minutes seemed like so long now its not so bad. Kick some butt this week and you will get those 2 lbs off. C25k is still going good. Getting easier and easier. Thats great your son can keep you motivated. My dogs are so happy to be outside again with no snow but now there are puddles everywhere so they come in nasty all the time.

AJ-yep 50 lbs, its taken forever for it to come off but I am still so proud of it. Tell Stacey we said hey and we miss her around here. Where will u be in MI?

So I did w3d3 today. Gonna start week 4 on Friday. I'll have the boys tomorrow from 4am to about 9pm so I'll have to fit a workout in with them tomorrow evening after school, maybe a walk or a bike ride.

Im sitting here watching The Voice and trying to keep up to date on the weather in Alabama. Tornadoes all around my family. It sucks to be so far away and not be able to get in touch with them cos cell towers were hit. Keep them in your prayers down there.

Minigoal:Get to 169 to be "overweight" BMI-wise
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #64

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Default May I join?

I've been reading through your posts and you all seem really awesome and supportive, which is precisely what I'm looking for. I'm desperately trying to lose about 50 pounds, but sometimes (like the past month and a half) I get off track and then the desperation turns to despair. I'd like to be part of a community that could supply the support I need and let me offer encouragement to others.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #65

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Ferumbras-join right in. Looks like we are almost the same stats. I have my first goal at 150 but probably want to lose another 50. Theres usually more of us around here but some are on vacation, others pop in here and there. Tell us a little more about yourself, what plan are you on?

Minigoal:Get to 169 to be "overweight" BMI-wise
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #66

I started by counting calories, and lost about 20 pounds, but then swung back by about ten. So my husband and I moved to using South Beach, which worked well. But I fell off the wagon, as so many do, and haven't quite managed to get back on. I'm a Ph.D. Student, so my life is very sedentary and I'm often stressed-out. I know working out helps keep the stress under control, but I have difficulty telling myself I can take 30-60 minutes away from work to get on the elliptical and it will only make me more productive, not less. We're having a wedding ceremony in July, so I also have this lovely stressor of trying to look good for that.

I'd love it if anyone had some recommendations for working out.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #67

Ferumbras! Personally I like a variety of mini workouts 10 or 15minutes so when I'm super busy I can do one quick one or do a bunch of them together when I have time. My favorite thing right now is Biggest Loser dvds. I really like that they focus on buring the most caolories in a short amount of time, and it's nice to see real people struggling during a workout just like you me I'm thinking about getting more amazon has a ton of older ones super cheap.
Really though the best exercise is something you enjoy, the more you like it the more you'll want to do it. I love working out but sometimes lack the modivation to start. So I watch a couple favorite shows only if I'm on the elliptical and I look forward to doing the biggest loser dvds.
Counting calories is hard I try to do that but fall off the wagon frequently!
Congrats on the wedding I was married July 4th a couple years ago super ubber stressful, try and enjoy it though it'll be here and gone in no time!

Old 04-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #68

@Carvedmarmalade: Are the biggest loser dvds targeted at using a particular machine? I don't have a lot of space and so can only really use the elliptical/bike indoors. And I'm not a runner/jogger. Currently, when I work out I put an audiobook on the player and do intervals on the elliptical.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #69

Nope none. Some of them you have option of using hand weights or medicine ball but they can all be done with just you. I workout in a pretty small space usually because thats where my tv is, and moving furniture is a pain. The ones I have seen are fairly simple basic exercises but they combine more than one area at a time, to work you harder get your heart rate up so you burn more calories. It's all about doing the most in a small amount of time the one I have been using is biggest loser2 it's a lot of intervals too but pretty go go go I work up a real good sweat it's gross but good haha
I'm not a runner by any means either, I'm trying to work my way to that but I have knee issues so it's a slow go. Intervals are great I do that too on the elliptical, speaking of which I just put my son to bed so I need to get to that now before I get to lazy

Old 04-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #70

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

wow, AJ - love the idea of you meeting up with Staccie! How fun! Tell her hi and that she should come back and say hello sometime!

burgundy - hope everyone in your family is safe and sound - the storms must be scary for you.

marmalade - glad your doggie is back in action again. We're dog-sitting for my buddy's lab again this weekend - what sweet dogs! I'm excited for you, being so close to crossing over into onederland - big stuff!

We had a nice vacation in mexico - lots of walking on the beach, swimming, climbing ruins, hiking in the jungle and good calorie-burning. Had more margaritas and chips and guac than a girl on a diet should but overall did pretty well. Am planning on a walk with a friend after work. Hope you all are doing well!

ETA - Welcome, Fer! I've heard great things about south beach being a good long term sustainable program - glad it's working for you. Where do you live?

Last edited by dancerindenver : 04-29-2011 at 12:59 PM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #71

@Dancerindenver: I'm currently in Eugene, OR, but will be moving back to Boston this summer.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #72

ferumbras - that will be a big change! You have a lot of adventures coming up - getting married and moving, wow! I look forward to hearing about your wedding plans and what I'm sure will be a number of tailoring sessions to keep taking in your dress

Fell off the wagon today with bagels and cream cheese which is not usually a big weakness of mine. Not sure what that was about but will turn it around for the rest of the day.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #73

@Dancerindenver: I actually moved to Eugene from Boston last summer, so it's not as big of a change as you might think. Both times we moved because of my husband's job (that's not a complaint!!).

At this point, I'm trying not to think about the wedding planning details. I've enough other things to be getting on with.

Today I decided was the last hoorah. Last chai. Last croissant. We'll see how this goes..
Old 04-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #74

Hey Dance welcome back! Sounds like you had a blast in Mexico I'm sure all the out and aboutness counteracted your calories haha You can't go to Mexico and not have margaritias & chips Hows the tan? ooo so jealous we've had snow most of the week again it didn't stick to the ground much but I heard we're expectring 10cm tonight yuck

well it was a busy busy day so I onlt got in 15mins of bl dvd I'm okay with that 91calories burned is better then nothing. On my way to get hubby from airport hoping I can convince him to go for a walk after dinner so I can burn off a little more. Weigh in tomorrow I have a feeling I'm not going to see onderland tomorrow but we'll see
Hope ya'll had a great week!! Whoo for FRIDAYS!!

Old 04-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #75

marmalade - I'll keep my fingers crossed for your weigh-in - keep us posted!

Just got back from a 4 mile walk and now need to zip to the grocery store to re-stock my sadly empty fridge. Having a little trouble getting the energy together but it just needs doing. Will check in later...
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.