Weight Loss Buddies IX

You're on Page 4 of 30
Go to
  • Morning, girls! Hadn't been on the scale in a while until yesterday and totally freaked myself out (not in a good way) with the number I saw. I'm not going to update my ticker upwards - I'm just going to lose this extra ASAP. Stuck to plan yesterday and am down a pound per the scale today. I'm going to try to go wheat-free until we go to mexico in a week and a half. Maybe that will help with the munchies - I've read that it helps for some people. Planning on a walk and then sushi for dinner tonight.

burgundy - so impressed with what you're doing - way to go!

marmalade - love the idea of you exercising while cooking. I think that might stretch my multi-tasking abilities but I like the concept.

Have a good day, all!

ETA: Food plan for today:
    B: hot oat bran cereal, skim milk
    S: mixed fruit
    L: fuji apple chicken salad
    D: edamame, shi****o peppers, seared tuna no rice, one glass of wine
    Before bed instead of snacking: lots of mint tea

too funny - the automatic editing thing decided my japanese peppers were unprintable.
  • marmalade-you do an awesome job with workouts too. I never thought of doing some leg exercises while cooking or washing hands. Thanks for the tip.

Dance-you can get those extra lbs off, just be super strict for the next week. my sister was just telling me about something she read on diet.com to lose 10% of your body weight in 30 days. 1)Dont eat anything white 2)Drink half your body weight in water a day 3)dont eat anything with wheat(have to check labels cos wheat might be in something you dont expect it to be in)

I wasnt expecting it this morning but I got on the scale and it was 186.6!!!!!!! I have been waiting about 10 months to see that. Hopefully this awful awful plateau is over. 50 lbs gone forever.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I have to leave for the boys house in a few minutes.
  • woooohoooo for the big 50! You are a rock star!!!!!
  • Hi girls! Sorry to disappear for a few days - I was away for the weekend to visit the boyfriend (for the last time before I move there, yay!). I am back - and hopefully back on track - today.

Burgundy and dance - sounds like you two have been doing very well with getting the miles in! Congrats to burgundy on 50 lbs lost - that's incredible. I hope I can lose that much!

This weekend I didn't do great, but didn't do horribly either - too many snacks and sweets, but I also kept the calories close to goal. I just need to get back on board with whole veggies and fruits, and less sweets.

I am in the last few weeks of training for a 10-mile race...so I have a 5-mile run on Thursday and a 8 or 9-mile run on Saturday. It's going to be a tough few workouts - but then it's all shorter runs until the race. Hope I can get both runs in!
  • Happy Tueday! Got in a so/so workout this afternoon I tried but animals were acting up, felt like I had to get off the elliptical every 2 minutes to seperate them not sure what got into them tonight! On the other hand I'm happy they are comfortable with each other to try & intimidate one another haha

Burgundy & Dance I was in a slacking trend trying to get in anything I could so I felt less guilty now it's just mostly habbit.

Still struggling with Rick trying to include him in afternoon stuff, but I think he's still feeling left out. He's home early again this week and a little grumpy I am just starting a workout when he gets home then it's shower, dinner, & getting Ethan to bed by that time he's off to sleep too. I just don't find myself with the energy to workout at night anymore, it seems I have lost my third wind of the day I don't want to get slackish again & loose a week of workouts. He'll be back to his normal shift next week then all will go back to normal. I'm making a big effort to put myself first which is something really struggle with so I'm trying to stay strong haha
  • Hey girls!

Kera - when do you move? is your boyfriend totally impressed by your weightloss? I bet he is!

marmalade - good luck with the different schedule - it is really tricky balancing taking care of yourself and your partner.

Doing well here - on my third day of no wheat, basically following burgundy's emergency weightloss plan as described above. I'm down 2.5 pounds since Monday which just shows how very bad I was being before Still, progress is progress. I'm going to try to keep it up and see if I can get back to ticker soon (fingers crossed) and then finish this darned weight loss project instead of getting close and letting things float back upward *sigh*

Hope you all are doing well - I'm heading on home to eat chicken, brown rice and veggies and have mug after mug of herbal tea
  • Hi girls, happy Thursday

Marmalade - good luck with figuring out the schedules....maybe you can take a walk with him instead of doing your normal workout?

Dance - My boyfriend's really happy that I have been taking care of myself. We met when I was at my heaviest - I think he appreciates that I look better, but mostly he's just happy I'm happy. I have to try to get him on board with the workouts when we move in - the search is on for something he loves to do that still gives me a workout.

I most definitely hear you on losing weight and then letting yourself float back upward - I'm not doing anywhere near as well this week as I have been the past few weeks. I have heard that it's because some people gain weight as a defense mechanism - and then fear starts to creep in once we get closer to goal weight, and we self-sabotage. For me, I'm sure that's part of it, but I'm not sure it's entirely that - it's mostly that I can't go months without a cupcake!

I've got a 4- or 5-mile run today - warm-up for the loooong run this weekend. It's a beautiful day here - guess I will be able to get out there and enjoy it!
  • Hey Ladies! Happy Friday!!

Congrats Dance keep it up and you'll be ready for that swim suit in no time!
    Have you tried Quinoa? I'm still experimenting with it I've had it with tomatoes, garlic, peppers that sorta stuff it's supposed to be good with spag sauce as well. I've heard you can make it as a salad with veggies, peppers and spices too.
    It's a whole grain kinda like rice. 1/4 cup is 170cals 2.5g fat (.3 sat fat) 5mg sodium, 31 carbs, 3 fibre 1g sugar and 5g of protein.
    If anyone want to try it the key to cooking is to soak it in a pot for 20mins then cook it, it's a bit of a pain but it's really good I buy a 225g box it lasts me 3-4 days of lunches/sides
    Just a quick check in down 2lbs this morning whoo
    Have to run Ethan to school and get to work have to be done by lunch to pick him up yay for friday!!
  • kera - good luck with your race training - I'm so impressed by your mileage!!

marmalade - woooohooo - 2 more??!! You are a weight loss goddess! And if you're ticker's right, you just hit the major 25lbs down milestone, right? That's worth celebrating!

Doing good here - planning on a run after work.

Hope you're all doing well!

ETA - didn't run but walked 5 miles instead. 5th day of majorly sticking to plan. Hope you guys are doing the same
  • marmalade - love quinoa! I get it at costco and for some reason you don't have to soak that kind so it saves a step.

kera - I don't think I do anything as interesting as self-sabotage either - mine is more just getting lazy about things and falling back into bad habits.

Hope everyone did well over the weekend - got in lots of walking here but am having a hard time getting myself to run - not sure what that's about exactly...
  • hey ladies. Ive kinda been a slacker the past week. I walked some but no major workouts and only did c25k on the 11th. So I am gonna play catch up this week. Did c25k w2d3 today. Gotta get into a more of a routine with it and not just do it sporadically. Its been a little colder here this week with some snow and I use that as an excuse to be lazy, at least I am still at ticker weight.

I'll do personals tomorrow. We planned our trip to AL in June so I am trying to find a place to stay since my mom has her ex boyfriend staying at her house. We refuse to stay with him.
  • Hey girls! I'll be out of pocket for a week or so on our vacation in Mexico so I hope you all have a skinny week. Got a spray tan today so I hope that helps.

Talk to you all soon...
  • Hey Ladies! Wow dance Mexico already gezz this month is just flying by. Yay for a spray tan I don't tan I burn to a crisp, too fair it's the Irish in me spray tans are about all I can do haha
    Burgundy how you doing? Back on plan?
    Had a run outside took the dogs yesterday and again today with Ethan he biked it. Felt awesome to be outside with fresh air, it's still a bit snowy here but finally warming up...although they are predicting snow this weekend ugh will it ever end??? I've been keeping up with cardio/strength everday hoping the scale and measurements will be down this weekend looking forward to the next 5lbs can't wait to hit the 30 mark, onederland here I come
    How's everyone doing this week?
  • Hey ladies, its been a crazy busy week. Hope you are all doing good.

Dance-Mexico, yay. You'll have a great tan**jealous**

Marmalade-how are the runs going? Our snow is justa bout gone, got a lot on Wednesday but its been warm so it melted fast. You are so close to onederland, so excited for you.

So I did c25k w3d1. I was so worried about starting week 2 cos you have to run 3 minutes straight and I just knew I couldnt do it. Well, guess what, I did it. Its all just mental, I really do have it in me to keep running. I have a 5k on May 13th, I really want to be able to run most of it.

Happy Easter to everyone!!!!!!!!
  • Great job on the 3minutes!! You'll do great for the 5k
    The snow isn't too bad now still a bit here and there but the side walks are all clear finally. Don't you love it when it actually starts to look & feel like spring?
    Didn't workout yuesterday or today kinda feeling guilty now. Friday and saturday I was feeling crappy but still pushed myself did almost 4 miles for the two days. I did really good food wise too until last night Snacked on chips then today had a nice big slice of pie lots of veggies though and hardly any ham for easter...not sure that makes up for it though.
    Putting Ethan to bed and going to work out. Took Rick to the airport today so no excuses for not working out during the week. I really want to be 199 for next weigh in so I've got to get my butt in gear and prove to myself how much I really want it