Old 06-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Turbo: You just had to remind me about packing, didn't you? :P

I was intending to do the same workout again today, but right as I was putting my shoes in my gym bag I was overcome with a fierce wave of nausea. So I'm taking the hint from my body and calling it a duff day.

The plan for the day is to go through our camping gear and figure out what we need to get from REI, pack a bit more, and do some baking for the potluck tonight.

Hope you're all well!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #197  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey y'all! This thread had been quiet this weekend! I hope you were all enjoying the weather outside!

Ferumbras : sorry to remind you about packing lol!! packing is pretty much... my LIFE these days!

I'm super happy this morning, i went on the scale to check where I was since my last official weight in (last friday) and I was down to 169 lbs. FIRST time being in the 160's in like FOREVER!!!! YAYYY!

Hope you're all having a wonderful day
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #198  

Turbo: Congrats!!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #199  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies!!! I’m BACK!  Life has been super busy, but now has finally slowed down. I will get caught up on the “newbies” since I’ve been around for a while, just MIA for a month or so. But, I am getting back on track, starting now!!! Fell off the wagon, got ran over by it, and it rolled back and forth over me a few times.

First of all, welcome all the new ladies to our group!! Wonderful to have more support.

For those of you who have been around forever and know me – got some sad news – Jeff is no longer my trainer.  He moved a few months ago and has been driving a ton of miles to/from work. So, he decided to move on from my gym. I’m still getting over it – pretty devastating after being with him for 2+ years. He offered to send me emailed workouts, but he’s super busy with his new job and has been unable to do so, so I am on my own again…which is hard since I haven’t been on my own for a LONG time.

Stress has been a major downer in my life as well. My hubby totaled his car (with my daughter in it), but everyone is ok. Thank goodness. Of course, we had to buy him a new car…which wouldn’t have been too bad – but I got a new car 4 weeks ago. So, I’ve had that on my mind.

Not sure what happened to me, I’ve been on this compulsive eating binge and I’ve gained quite a bit. Ice cream has been my nemesis. I’ve started doing the 30 Day Shred, I’ve done it 5 times in the past 10 days. I’ve just been plain old lazy. I wanted to have this weight gone so the hubby and I can start thinking of having another baby, but I really don’t want to with all this weight on me. Plus, I don’t know how the back surgery (from last October) is going to affect everything since it’s been hurting the past few weeks. Not sure if it’s hurting because of the extra weight or what, but I really want to lose and get to Onederland before I try and get pregnant---but I desperately want to have a baby at the same time.

Ok, so enough of my crying…here’s the plan (please help me keep to it!) I’m tracking all my calories staring today – working out 5 days a week – 30 Day Shred and the gym. Eating all good food – no more processed. I’ll report my calories to everyone to keep me accountable.

Going forward, I will keep up to date with everyone – I have to prioritize!!! Thank you ladies, for everything, it’s so great knowing I’ll always have your support.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #200  

MaddiesMom: Sorry to hear things have been rough lately, but good for you for getting up and keeping going! Regarding Shred: I'm doing it too! There's a thread up here where people are doing it for the month of June, though lots have started later into the month. It's a good place to stay accountable with the porgram.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hey all!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck slump maddiesmom That is too bad about Jeff. I'm so glad to hear everyone is okay shame about the car though that's a bummer. How is work going still ubber busy? I'm sure you'll get yourself back on track it's just a slump the important thing is you get back at it

Congrats Turbo!!

I had a little too much fun on the weekend! However I worked out and stayed closer than I though on mark for calories. Splurged on wine & beer Saturday and fried chicken for Fathers day. Tried really hard to keep the calories really low for breakfast/lunch both days hopefully that & my workouts will keep any extra pounds off! Now that baseball is over for Ethan I don't have any reason to not be working my bottom off I'm 10 pounds away from weighing what I did when Rick and I got married and 11 pounds away from being the lightest I have been since 2004! Dying to get there before I have to put on a bathing suit which is like 2-4 weeks away...Talk about motivation

Well off to finish my workout for the day & then get dinner going
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #202  

carved: I'm with you on the bathing suit motivation. I need to get some new clothes at the end of this month, but I think I'm going to put off the new suit for another month as I'd really like to not cry when I try them on in the store.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #203  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I bought a bathing suit like 2 months ago, before I've started my loosing weight journey. I always bought them in cheaper place like walmart and stuff like that, but I don't know why, I decided that day that I'd put more money in a bathing suit.

I found one in bathing suit store, a one piece with a vintage twist and super covering. Never felt that good in a bathing suit.. totally diserved the money spent
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

I wanna join!!!

I just jumped back on the bandwagon today, have 80 pounds to lose this time around. Its been a tough road for me and could really use the support!

I'm doing a three meal/two to three snacks a day. Max of 10-12 grams of fat per "meal" and 3 to 5 per "snack".

Any suggestions to help me kick off to a great start?
keller237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Jump right in keller237 My modo is find something you like and do it lots! I try and get some kind of excersie in daily, even if it's only a few minutes here and there when I get busy. I find if I keep going and going and going I'm like the energizer bunny but if I stop for a moment I get in a slump like a couch potato

In an odd mood today really tired but happy trying to muster up the energy for a workout. I haven't stepped on the scale in a little while kind of a scary thought I was just under 200 so I'm a little scared to see a higher number.

On a positive note for anyone counting calories my sister turned me on to a site that converts recipes for you NutritionData.com I used it yesterday. It's pretty easy and will make adding things to fit day so much faster. I made rhubarb crisp for the boys last night...I had a spoonful that's how useful the site was

Just about done my coffee so time to get to it before my jolt wares off
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

keller - welcome to the group!

turbo - your bathing suit sounds great - so glad you found something you love - that's a really great feeling.

maddiesmom - wowza - life without jeff! That must be tough to deal with. And scary about the car accident - I'm glad you're all alright. We've really missed you - glad to see you around here!

maddiesmom - great job on the 3lbs - you are a rock star!

marmalade - you are doing so well - it must be great to be ready for onederland and know that a bunch of personal milestones are just around the corner. Nice job!

Sorry I've been a bit out of touch. A close friend is having a relationship crisis and is coming to stay with me for a while so I've been a little distracted for a few days. I've been running a bunch and am doing situps and pushups too so I'm hoping to feel the difference soon.

Hope you're all doing great!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Wink

Thanks for the welcomes ladies =] I'm glad to be here. it's nice to have soimebody else to relate to. You girls are all doing awesome. I've been reading a little bit back to catch up but I think I lost myself more

Its been a gloomy, rainy day here. But i ate really well and got an hour workout in. So its been good

This is just my beginning. So if any of you have tips or advice that might make this journey a little easier, feel free to lend it to me =]

Marmalade- Thanks. I do try and squeeze as much in. Whether its parking at the end of the parking lot at the store to walk a little more or (trying to)dance or move a little more when im getting dressed or nobodys around. every little bit counts, right?
keller237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #208  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Dance: Yes, it has been quite an adjustment not having Jeff. Now I feel like I'm letting him down since I've gain weight again. I just fell back into my old routine - I can't keep blaming it on my surgery. Sorry to hear that your friend is having trouble--you are awesome to be there as a shoulder to cry on.

Keller: Welcome! You have found a great group of women. I know what you're saying about horrible weather - I'm in Chicago and it's rain nonstop! Makes it hard to get out and exercise. And yes, every little bit helps. I'm finding that I take the stairs a lot more, etc.

Marmalade: Thanks for the website, I'll have to check that one out. I'm always looking for new ideas. I wish I had the energy that you do! I find by the end of the day, I'm totally exhausted. Work, home, family - it's a lot. I've been falling asleep with Madeline at 9!

TurboMammoth: Glad you found a suit that you liked. I've never been that lucky! LOL I had one a couple years back that helped to slim, spent quite a bit on it too. I'm trying not to buy one right now since I want to lose weight, but I don't want to wait too long where there's nothing left. Going to Florida in September and I want to feel good too.

Started watching my calories again via the Daily Plate and found that it definitely helps. Down 2 pounds since Monday, which really shows me that I was just eating garbage. Back to fresh fruits and veggies and lean proteins. I have desserts in my house from Father's Day that I am avoiding like the plague. Just can't do it anymore - that's how I put all this weight back on. Haven't worked out this week - I have had horrible headaches, which I think are from sugar withdrawl since I've been eating so much of it for so long. Going to get back on track tonight with my 30DS.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Guys - I'm thinking about trying a meditation class. Anyone have any experience with this? Can't hurt, right?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #210  

dancer: Never tried one, but I'd be curious to know what it's like. Keep us posted!