Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2001, 09:11 AM   #16  

Hi

So does that make three of us on number three or are there more out there?????

Well scully, I suggest you go with how you feel and if you feel that it really is not right talk to a midwife at the hospital you plan on going to or insist that your doctor take you more seriously.
Being brown blood-is it light or heavy is it staining your knickers or just appearing when you go to the loo? there are lots of things like does it happen after passing a stool (the nicest way i could put that)? In our progressive pregnancies we usually get a lot more discharge then with the first but I know how freaky it is when its blood!!But as i said trust your self it is your body if you are not happy let your G P know..
I would not be too concerned to an obsesive point about your weight that may be what is aiding your morning sickness. Any way "i am strong, I am invinsable, I am Woman". a pregnant woman is always beautiful ,I think so - they have a growing miracle in their womb, somthing that is going to be so special and not one will ever be exactly the same and never could be..

I ramble a lot. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara B - The way you wrote it sounded like it might have been a possibility. Well good luck.. Are you one of the lucky ones that have one of each or are you hopping number three is the odd one out (thats what I am going for , A girl but i shant get to stuck on the idea in case it isnt)

Jen sorry I cant suggest much for your flu except vicks vecks drops and Eucalyptus oil, And probably a visit to the doc Swollen glands doesn't sound to good there are antibiotics that are safe during pregnancy and relaxation if and when you can...

Well feeling a lot off colour today the smell of meat pies cooking in the oven really got to me yesterday made me ill for the rest of the day. I think i am a little dehydrated today I was fine until i was walking back from the school this morning the sun really has a bite to it today.Off to the doctors tomorrow hope i can persuade him to scan me early its horrid not knowing how far I am and when I am due..Well i have an idea but a closer idea would be better.. any way hope everyone feels better next time look after yourselves. Thanks for listening..
Old 02-19-2001, 09:05 PM   #17  

Hello pg girlfriends!

It's 8 am and I could have slept in but the boys were up, so I just got up. It's seems that they like to make more noise until I am up...hmmmm. I feel sleepy though. Today is Presisdent's day and the boys are home from school--and DH is also home, yeaaaaah!

Sara, I know I sound whiney about gaining weight...well, okay not whiney but thoughtful about it. It helps me to verbalize it, outside of myself. I made a conscious decision to be very positive about the pregnancy by

1.)accepting compliments from other people which I admit, I sometimes have a hard time of doing.

2. Eating healthfully as possible, and continuing to follow the food pyrimid as a guide. I am hungry a lot lately, and I know that it is not psychological hunger. So, I am just going to choose as many "whole foods" as I possibly can..

3. Continuing with what I have been doing, exercising vigilantly throughout the pregnancy.

I was thinking about all of the things that I did right with my second son, and I had really high self esteem. I loved looking at my pregnant body--I really relished that feeling. So I have been thinking of how I can have that feeling now.

I know that it boils down to healthy eating and exercise. I don't mean that obsessively, but it was wonderful for me and the baby. You know, I did step aerobics the day #2 was born!

I'm not in the shape I was in 7 years ago, but I know that I am in okay shape despite having some extra weight to start out with. At my last appointment, it was recommended that I do not do the 3-Day this year. So, I am marathon training for labor and delivery and I have 7 months to do it in. I think that gives me plenty of time to make some progress.

I am very lucky, because DH is so loving and supportive as a husband. He loves my body...and I have the comfort of knowing that.

Anyway, I ended up buying 2 books yesterday that I really like a lot.

The first is called "The Pregnancy Diet: A Healthy Weight Control Program for Pregnant Women" By Eileen Behan R.D.
It is good in the sense that it's like weight watchers in terms of the food pyrimid and serving sizes. The book is NOT a diet in the losing weight sense, which is very good. And there are also some recipes in it.

The other book is called, The Pregnancy Book: Month-by-Month, Everyting you Need to Know From America's Baby Experts.
It is by William and Martha Sears.
I really like the depth of the book, and it will be very helpful as the months progress. There is even a section about those of us who are starting out heavier than average. I found it a very positive resourse to have. They say that if your BMI is high, you can actually continue to gain pregnancy weight but lose body fat after the delivery. Essentially you are losing weight safely (even though you are technically gaining. It seems to be about the types of foods that you eat and how they are used in the body as optimal nutrition for you and the baby while you are actually able to decrease your body fat. I find it interesting in theory, and I intend on following it up when I go see the Doctor on March 6th.
I'm sure this is what happened with my second child because I ate so well, and exercised on a regular basis.

Well, I suppose that I should stop. I just wanted to say thanks for caring about my concerns. You are absolutely right. I am going to be fine, and I really do accept that I am going to gain weight. My goal is to keep a positive attitude and stay healthy and balanced.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend and will have a wonderful week!

Did you go check out my link to the website? It is really cool! Just click on the link in my previous post, it'll take you there. Then click on the pictures there. It is really wonderful, I promise!

Love,
Scully and bellybean

P.S. Does anyone watch the X-Files?

------------------
*Carpe' Diem*
"Seize The Day"
Old 02-20-2001, 12:41 AM   #18  

Hello, friends, and happy Monday.

Unfortunately, my sickess is back. I somehow knew those 2 days were just too good to last! Ah well, hopefully only a few more weeks of this!

Scully -- I'm not personally an X-files fan but my DH is, so was watching with him last night. All that pregnancy stuff is TOO creepy!

I also have the Dr Sears pregnancy book. I love all Dr Sears materials. Although I don't agree with all his parenting styles (co-sleeping, etc.) I really like where he comes from and I think he has excellent advice! I read everything in that book about weight-loss during pregnancy but found some conflicting advice. In one area it talks about exercise being a great way to lose body fat during pregnancy (and safe) but then in another area it said weight loss is never recommended because of the protein spilling into the bloodsteam that can be poison to the baby. Any insights?

My personal goal is to gain around 15 lbs and no more. I think that's what is healthiest for me. But each pregnancy is different, so I will just have to do my best and follow my body's lead.

Blessings,
Sara
Old 02-20-2001, 01:54 AM   #19  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Sara, I am with you, I don't plan to gain more than 15 lbs. All my nursing books say that women who are already overweight shouldn't gain more than that. However you have to have a very nutritious diet as the baby can use your fat stores but must get nutrients like vitamins, minerals, protein etc from your daily intake and obviously you must be taking enough to satisfy your own requirements as well.

Scully, I have wrote down the name of that pregnancy diet book and will definately have a look for it. thanks for the info.

A great book I have picked up is called Your Pregnancy Week by Week by Glade B. Curtis MD OB/GYN and Judith Schuler MS. My hubby especially likes it. There is a CD ROM with our edition but we haven't had it in the computer yet to see what it is all about.

Still feeling this cold. Mostly I am just coughing with a bit of a sniffle. I've been sucking on Halls cough drops and I've got some Vicks vaporub so hopefully I can get through this without resorting to any medications.

Take care all.

Old 02-21-2001, 05:25 AM   #20  
Jen

Just wanted to pass on some info. I've been feeling really rotten with this cold and called my dr to see if there was anything I could take. Her nurse told me that WalMart has got a great pamphlet that tells you want medicines etc you can take during pregnancy. She said they even give them out at the dr's office, they are so informative. I don't know if they have them in the US (I'm in Canada) but they are a little wallet sized pamphlet that folds out and has all kinds of great info. Anyway it looks like most over the counter meds are ok as long as they are only taken for a few days. For example for allergies and colds you can take: chlortripolon, benadryl, salinex, otrivin, sudafed, robitussin plain and benalyn dm (for some brand name examples). I was so happy I got myself some cough syrup and I feel so much better already. This is a very handy pamphlet to have so if you are at WalMart someday see if they have them.
Old 02-21-2001, 06:23 AM   #21  

yeah Jen! It sounds like you are on the road to recovery!
If it should move into your chest, use vicks vapo-rub in addition to your cough med, it is truly a God-send!

Heal quick!
hugs,
Scully and bellybean
Old 02-21-2001, 07:58 AM   #22  

Hi everyone

I've been MIA for ages, so you may not remember me - certainly a few newbies have come on board since I last posted - welcome! Guess I've kinda got BB burnout, I'm on a few pregnancy lists, plus a 'due in April' bulletin board and here too. I'm sure I'll get back into it when I go on maternity leave though - only 4.5 more weeks of work, yay!

Tonight we start our classes, though my bf will miss nearly all of it as he has to give a speech somewhere. Kinda nervous about going by myself, but not really - we do so much of this pregnancy thing alone anyways, makes us tough! We have been painting baby furniture, done the easy stuff, more to go. this nesting thing is very strange - wait til it hits if it hasn't yet. I dyed my lounge (a huge task, but it looks good) and made cushions for it. And I've never, ever sewn in my whole life!

Other than that, I am trying to land a permanent job and have started my postgrad studies for the year. So inbetween these, 5 more weeks of work and 8 weeks til baby, I'm keeping busy!

To those suffering morning sickness, really sorry to hear it. Hope it gets better very soon.

Jeanne - so close!!! Good luck if you go early and I miss it. Hope you are keeping well.

Sam & freckle
EDD 04/15/01

Old 02-21-2001, 06:47 PM   #23  

It is great to see this board so active.

I have been away from the computer for awhile. I am not able to stay in one place for too long. My back has been very bad lately. It is feeling better this week though. I was happy to be back to exercising. I really feel good after a workout.

I, too, was surprised at all of the over-the-counter meds you can take while pg. I had a head cold in Dec (so I was still in the first trimester). The midwife told me I could take sudafed, robitussin and the afrin nasal spray at night (not more than 5 nights though). After three days I was fine. The spray was wonderful because I actually got to sleep.

I hope everyone's illnesses, m/s and aches pass soon. Remember, Spring is less than one month away.

------------------
Cassandra
edd: 12 July 2001
girl
Old 02-21-2001, 09:46 PM   #24  

Hello, friends! Cassandra, thank you so much for reminding us that Spring is on the way. That alone lifted my spirits like you wouldn't believe! I can't wait for Spring.

Mostly, I can't wait until the Second trimester! That's my favorite part of pregnancy...m/s is gone, starting to feel baby move...it's going to be great. I am so excited about this Spring and Summer, thinking about all the fun things we will get to do, and I will get to be pg for all of them. It's an exciting time!

Still feeling sick...but praying the end is in sight!

I have a dr appt tomorrow. I look forward to those! I hope we can hear the heartbeat.

Jen -- Get well!
Sam -- Not much longer now!

Blessings,
Sara
9/8
Old 02-22-2001, 06:06 AM   #25  

Hi friends! Well, it's already Wednesday and half the week is over. I have been feeling better and any spotting that I had has stopped. I enter my 9th week tomorrow Yeah!!! I am very happy about that!
I actually made it to the health club today and rode the lifecycle for 30 minutes and walked on the tredmill at 3.5 MPH for 20 minutes. Don't worry, I kept my pulse under 140. Actually, it stayed between 120-135, and I made sure to slow down and let my body relax. Gee, it was harder than normal. Do you suppose that it is because my uterus has grown a little? LOL! I was careful and it was challenging. I kept telling myself that I was helping make beautiful oxygen for my baby and that my heart was growing stronger! I hope to keep up with this type of workout in addition to the water aerobics, which I already know will be my favorite, since it is much gentler. It's nice to be in the first trimester so that I have some time to get used to working out pregnant.
My pre-pregnancy workouts would be much more strenous than this, and it is nice to not have that kind of pressure. It's interesting to have to slow down, but I like it.

I hope that everyone is having a great day!

Hey I came across another website that you might find interesting! It's a pregnancy calendar that shows you day by day. You can see exactly where you are today, Go look! www.amazingpregnancy.com/timeline/set_timeline.php

click on the link, it will take you there!

Have a great rest of the day!

Love,
Scully and bellybean
Old 02-23-2001, 07:20 PM   #26  
Jen

Hi all. Feeling a lot better today though I had a bad headache last night. Had to take a couple of Tylenol #1's to get rid of it. Geez I am such a wimp when I have a migraine. I just know I'll go in to deliver and I'll get them to put the epidural as soon as I get there. Why wait? No seriously I hate pain but I was hoping to get through without someone sticking a needle into my spinal cord but I don't think I'll be able to do it. Well time will tell. I plan on doing all the classes in preparation so who knows what will happen.

Scully - I checked out that site, it has a lot of good info. According to all their gender tests I am having a girl. Anyone else do these quizes and how did it turn out?

Sara - how was your dr's appt? Could you hear the heartbeat? Hope your ms is better.
If I don't see everyone later, I hope ya'll have a nice weekend. take care
Old 02-23-2001, 09:45 PM   #27  

Hello, preggos!

Sorry I've been so scarce lately; it's getting harder and harder for me to focus. Plus I kind of feel disconnected from this board since most everyone know is in a much earlier stage of their pg. But I still plan to check in -- alhtough I only have 3 weeks until my EDD!

We've gotten our bags packed for the hospital, and are working on getting the baby's room totally ready. We've had all our furniture and stuff, but we've been washing and sorting clothes, getting the changing table set up, etc. It's fun, but kind of nerve wracking since we have no idea how long we have to get this all done!

I went to the dr on Monday and my cervix is softening; luckily I wasn't dilated or anything, so I'm hoping this means I won't be really early.

I'm still trying to get everything settled at work; I'm working right up until the baby is born, and every time I put something off for tomorrow I think "well, I may not be back tomorrow, you never know!". Boy, the not-knowing is killing me, can you tell??

Jeanne
3/15

Old 02-24-2001, 12:46 AM   #28  

Jeanne, you keep checking in! You were here not too long ago, but I bet it seems like forever now, huh? Very exciting for you!

Well, I made it to the pool today and did my water aerobics. It was so warm in the pool, it was really lovely.

Hope everyone else is feeling good!

I keep thinking, Spring is right around the corner. Unfortunately, I snowed here in Chicago yesterday. Arrrrr!

Have a good day everyone!

Old 02-24-2001, 02:45 AM   #29  

Jeanne -- Please do keep writing! Even though most of us are earlier in our pregnancies, for most of us this isn't our first so we can relate to ALL your feelings right now! Those last weeks are such an incredible mixture of emotions! You are so anxious for baby to come, yet not sure you will ever be ready! It's a strange but wonderful feeling. I hope you are feeling okay and getting some sleep. I know I always had such trouble sleeping those last days...Blessings to you and your baby!

Well, I'm off to try to take a nap before heading to my doctor appt.

Take care!
Sara
Old 02-24-2001, 08:41 PM   #30  

Hello, friends! Just thought I would let you know how the doctor visit went. Got to hear that wonderful little heartbeat (I just LOVE that sound!)and baby is growing well. And I'm out of the first trimester, so I get to quit taking the progesterone, hooray! All the bleeding has stopped.

The only concern is that I've lost another 5 lbs due to m/s, putting me at over 20 lbs lost since becomming pg. The doctor is concerned that the baby isn't getting enough protein to grow properly, so she put me on phenergen. She assured me it's very safe during pregnancy, and esp. for me now since I'm passed those critical first 12 weeks. I took the first one last night and it makes me feel really groggy and weird. But at this point, I will do anything to stop puking! I'm hopeful I can start eating more healthy food for baby and me now.

Have a good weekend!

Sara
Closed Thread