Old 03-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #121  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

DH and I had a great day yesterday. I took a very informative workshop on doggie acupressure and massage, which should help me ease my doggies' pain when they play too hard and get cramps in their legs. Then DH and I went the Fishing/Sports expo, which was lots of fun. Today, however, I'm exhausted. I slept in and really haven't done much all day...one load of laundry, and baked some cookies for DH since he's taken such good care of me. He's getting better slowly, and he's very tired. And unfortunately, he had to work today. He's home now and we're going to relax. It's been a gorgeous warm sunny day here with temps in the 40s.

The news from Japan has been so sad. I've heard that Redballoon and the area where she lives was not as hard hit. She said they're dealing with rolling blackouts and some food, water and battery shortages, but relatively speaking, more inconveniences than the devastation/tragedy elsewhere in the country. The nuclear power plant situation is so scary, and the videos of entire cities that were wiped out is so tragic.

Shad - I keep praying for Chris' family/friends in Japan. Has she heard anything from or about them? I hope Daichi's family/friends are among the survivors. I'm glad that your loved ones in Christchurch are okay. Glad to hear that you're getting some harvest from your garden. I'm looking forward to warmer weather when I can start planting mine. I have Red's email address on my work computer, but I don't have her phone number. Some people believe that the world will end on 12/21/2012, or thereabouts. Could be based on Nostradamus, could be based on the Mayan calendar, could be based on the Bible. I don't worry about natural disasters or the end of the world or anything like that. I have no control over any of that. All I can do is be prepared with food, water, etc., and know what to do in the event a disaster hits. I agree with making the most of each day and appreciating all our loved ones.

Mel - And now there's flooding in NJ? Yikes! I hope it's nowhere near you. I've got a cousin who lives in Dumont NJ and another cousin who lives south of Old Bridge NJ. I haven't heard from them, but looking at the map, they are probably ok. I'm glad to hear Jen is doing better. You all have had such a hard time lately. You're all in my prayers. I got a great laugh out of Martha telling you how to air out your house and how did she know it was smelly. She'd faint if she came into my messy clutteed house. But it will become less and less cluttered over the next few weeks.

Ceejay - I lived most of my life in CA. And I came to realize that there's no sense in freaking out or worrying about earthquakes...as there's no warning. All you can do is be prepared with canned food, water, batteries, flashlights and a portable radio...and no what to do and where to go when an earthquake hits. At least you don't live anywhere that is in danger of a tsunami, as that seems to be what did most of the damage in Japan.

Happy - Did you get the back downstairs bedroom cleaned out yet? I wanted to get more done today...but I just didn't have the energy. And I do not want to relapse, so I'm listening to my body after yesterday's very busy day...and just relaxing. The Flat Belly diet sounds interesting. The new session of WW at work starts on Thursday...and my doc gave me a prescription for it...so that flex spending might reimburse me for the cost. I'll give the Flat Belly a thorough read before I sign up for WW. I agree that the new WW is more complex. I just need to do somethin'. As for your fear of the two class system the country is moving toward (with no middle class), I agree with you there. I think there are people in power who only care about the almighty buck and not a bit about anyone who doesn't have it. DH and I are talking about moving to Canada.

Annie - I'm glad you had such a nice evening out with your friend. I really hope you start feeling better. I am definitely up for a reunion in Northern WI or wherever.

Well, I'm gonna sign off for now.

Lots of love and hugs to my dear friends,

Last edited by diyana; 03-14-2011 at 08:10 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 AM   #122  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning girls,

Blergh as Shad would say. I got wayyyy to little sleep last night and I have to get out of here early today. Will post at lunch if I'm not asleep...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning everyone

Been watching all the footage that is coming out of Japan, very sad to have to deal with this.

Michelle
My city is near the Mississippi river. It did roll bacwards in 1812. praying that the "big one" doesn't hit while I'm in the area. We are not on solid ground here. You did a bunch of stuff this week end. Didn't realize that they did doggie accupuncture!

If I'm not on the computer this week here's why. Dumb me left the lap top at my uncles. I'll pick it up Thursday after my visit with the ENT which is in Jonesboro. It will be about a 20 minute drive from there to Paragould.

Allegra has put out a 180mg med that I bought this week end. I'm going to wait to see what the ENT decides is best for me.

We had a good week end.

I'm catching up on paper work this morning. Then on with my day.

I did buy a 32 inch screen tv yesterday. I was going to buy a 42 inch but kept thinking that would over power my living room which is not very big.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-14-2011 at 10:06 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #124  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
PLEASE SEND ME SOME SUNSHINE! I WOKE UP NEAR 9 THIS MORNING. GUESS I AM CATCHING UP ON MY SLEEP. TODAY IS A MELIDAY. THE WEEKEND WENT OFF WITHOUT A HITCH. EVERYTHING GOT DONE. THE CONTRACVTOR WAS AN ANGEL. WORKED WITHOUT TALKING. MADE NO NOISE. THE ONLY SOUND YOU HEARD WAS THE LADDER BEING MOVED. NO TENANT COMPLAINTS EITHER. JUST TURNED THE PHONE OFF TO RECHARGE IT AND NOW IT'S MY TURN TO HAVE A DAY OFF

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY

HAPPY....JEN & I WERE JUST TALKING A FEW WEEKS AGO ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS FOR THEM TO "GROW UP" FROM HAVINGBEEN SO SPOILED. SO FAR JEN IS BEATING RICHIE IN THE RACE TO MATURITY I AM AFRAID WE DID THEM NO FAVORS IN THE END. BUT....LIFE MOVES ON. HOPE YOUR WEEKEND HELPED TO GET SOME THINGS PLANNED FOR THE NEW PLACE UNLIKE YOU, I SLEPT TOO MUCH!! IT'S YOUR TURN NEXT

SHAD....NOW THAT THE BUGS ARE GETTING EVICTED I HOPE THEY DON'T GO OUT IN THE GARDEN AND HAVE A FEAST HAPPY PLANTING!! DID THE JK JOB EVER GET ORGANIZED??? JUST WONDERING.

MICHELLE....GLAD YOU BOTH GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE AND HAS SOME FUN WITH THE EXPO AND THE DOGGIE CLASS. HOPE DH FEELS 100% VERY SOON. BOTH DUMONT AND OLD BRIDGE ARE FINE. I AM KIND OF IN THE MIDDLE. THE HORRIBLE FLOODING WAS NORTH & WEST OF ME & DUMONT. OLD BRIDGE IS TOO FAR SOUTH. MANY YEARS AGO I LIVED IN DUMONT. IT WAS JEN'S FIRST ADDRESS!! AND OUT NEXT ADDRESS WAS MADISON TWSP WHICH IS NEXT TO OLDBRIDGE!! SMALL WORLD.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #125  
Happy September

HELLO CEEJAY!! YOU SNUCK IN ON ME. HOPE YOU GET THE LAPTOP AND GLAD YOU TOLD US IN CASE YOU GO MISSING. WITH ALL THE BAD NEWS ON THE TV I WOULD WONDER WHERE YOU WENT TO:CRY: HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR WEEKEND WENT SO WELL. COPNGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW TV. ENJOY IT STAY AWAY FROM THE RIVER!! LET'S NOT HAVE ANOTHER 1812!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-14-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #126  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Even though I got a good night's sleep, I feel like I could still sleep for about a week. The bronchitis really kicked my arse, and I'm still feeling the effects of it. My chest is still a little tight this morning, but I'm hoping the Prednisone I just took will help with that. DH is doing better but still exhausted.

Happy - Bummer that you didn't sleep well last night, but I'm sure you have TONS of stuff on your mind and are very excited about closing on the house and preparing for the first trip to the new house. The Flat Belly Diet really has a lot of good suggestions. I'm just not sure if I could stick with it 100% over a long period of time. I'll keep looking into it. I've placed a hold on two Flat Belly Diet books, including a cookbook, at the library so I can look them over. Goodness knows I have to decide on a plan and then STICK TO IT! BTW, I just love that I can log into the library's website and place a hold on whatever books I want. Then when they arrive at my library, I just pick them up at the front desk.

Mellie - We're going to have sunshine this week, so I'll make sure it gets to you when it leaves here. I'm glad you slept in...you deserve a Meliday!! My parents were well off, but they didn't spoil us kids. I've worked since I was 14, and starting paying for most of my clothes, records, etc. at that time. Thanks for the update on Old Bridge and Dumont. It is a small world that you used to live where my relatives live. How is Jen doing? Still sending her love, hugs and healing energy.

Ceejay - Bummer that you left the laptop at the uncle's house. Scary that you live close to where the 1812 earthquake was. Do you have an earthquake preparedness kit and supplies on hand in case an earthquake hits? The over the counter Allegra is helping me, but I'll be switching to Singular (since that's more for lungs) this week. Congrats on the new TV! We're probably going to get a new TV in the next year, but first on the list is a new bed to help both my and DH's back.

Laura - I hope you had a great time at the flower show! And a very nice weekend. Did you get to enjoy some sunshine yesterday?

Annie - Did you have a good weekend, despite spending so much of it at CVS? How is your daughter? Have you heard from your son? How is dad?

Time to get some work done.

Lots of love and big hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #127  

Morning all. Just an update because the auditor will be stopping by any minute. I'll have to get to personals later if I get a chance. The flower and garden show was alright - not enough focus on the "flower" part IMO., but maybe other people are actually more interested in paver stones, grills, gazebos, pergolas, water features, & chicken coops than they are in flowers.

I took a Zumba class on Saturday morning - I really liked it, and am looking forward to the next one I go to. I could use a half-speed Zumba class until I get the moves down though, lol. Thankfully, my past Jazzercise experience made it a lot easier than I thought it would be in terms of the movements - it's just the speed that I have to work up to. But still an excellent workout! It was a mistake trying to hide in the back of the room because I couldn't see what they were doing when we changed directions and I ended up in the front row! So next class I will stake out a middle row.

Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen and made some Italian veggie soup. We watched "In Bruges" - Colin Ferrell, William Gleeson, & Ralph Fiennes. Good dark comedy from 2008 about a couple of hit men who are told to take a breather in Bruges, Belgium after one of them bungles a job.

Other than that, I took a couple doggy walks and read my book and that was it for the weekend.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-14-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #128  

Height: 5'5"

good morning ladies! Worked all weekend went to DH's show. had fun the went home for a little sleep b4 I had to go back to work. Car is getting brakes this morning, haning out at moms with DD3, my sis, sSIL and brother. I just LOVE spending $ on the car! will try to squeeze in personals later.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #129  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Morning...tired as heck, however just realized at noon, now that I did not have any coffee today or yesterday...wah wah...may have to go with an I.V. now.

Laura...so what you are saying is you went to a stone and patio show rather than the flower and patio show?? Indy is having one now through the 20th but I am not going...Just cannot work it into my schedule nor do I really want to.

Ceejay...I could use a new TV myself, you are supposed to buy two and send one to me...lol.

Ellen....your work weekend sounded about as fun as mine did. blah.

Shad...no one really knows when the end will be here, it seems like it is heading that way IMO. All the natural diasters and fighting going on.

Happy....whew, I know what you mean on not getting enough sleep...I am very sleepy this morning. I went out to my car for a 30 minute snooze but couldn't sleep cause my head keep going around.

Chelle...weekend was ok. Friday night with an old friend was fun. Working all weekend was a bummer, for some reason my nose kept running and I kept sneezing. It is not doing it today tho. Dad, sissy and Tater are all ok. I think Tate is coming home this Friday night so I am looking forward to that. Thanks for asking. I will let you practice the doggy's massage on me..I am sure I can shake a leg or something...lol

MELLIE.....ahhhhhh, a Melliday...think I will drop by and spend it with you, I could use a relaxing day. Of course our jaws would get a work out. Put the coffee on and leave the light on...I will be there soon.

The devastation in Japan is so horrible...I watch the news and get so depressed. This morning I saw a mom and kids come back to their home in ruins, they found a few cans of food and a hello kitty toy of some sort. News also said that Japan itself, has shifted and moved 8 feet over from the original spot. Prayers, my friends, prayers.

Best get this posted, go potty and get some more coffee. Everyone have a marvelous, glorious day...65 here on Thursday...Can't wait!!!

Love and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #130  

Back with the personals...looks bright and sunny outside, but I brought my lunch to work today so I'm eating at my desk. It'll be nice to leave work and still have daylight!

Ellen – Sounds like a busy weekend for you. Ugh, hate spending money on the car, yet there’s always something that’s needs doing with them! Since I take the train to work, bf and I are on year 3 of trying to get by with just one. It’s nice not having all the expenses of two cars, but I’m not so thrilled with the inconveniences. Can’t wait ‘til this one’s paid off next year so we can buy a 2nd one…

Michelle – I’m glad you enjoyed your weekend and that you took it easy yesterday. I’m sure your doggies will love the massages – I know Coal just loves his belly rubs and massages!

Happy – Yeh, a couple people have told me that the FreeMotion Circuit class is a lot like Curves. With such short intervals, there’s really no time to get bored! Like that a lot. Sounds like your trip up north next month will be a whirlwind - you need to go into training to be ready for these trips! How did the bedroom clearing go? What’s sad is that once we do it, it’s so nice that we wonder why we didn’t do it sooner and often regret we didn’t.

Mel – Glad the contractor project went alright this weekend. So has there been a definitive outcome re the extra checks - now they're suddenly aware of the legalities of them? Sorry to hear Jen fell again. I hope she learns from your experiences!

Annie – Well, seeing as you didn’t have much “Annie time” this weekend (in spite of a half-day of vacation), I’m glad you at least had some fun this weekend getting together with your friend from out of town. Yeh, I know what you mean by all the expenses that come due – even if we get the mortgage paid off, we’ll still be dealing with all the other stuff that doesn’t go away and doesn’t decrease, oh no never! I don’t know about exact dates or years, but with all these natural disasters coming so quickly on the heels of each other, it makes me think the end is getting closer. I’m glad you’re not feeling sick today. Was the no coffee by accident, or is it another Lent thing?

Shad – hmmm, so has ds returned home to tell you about the boat on the lawn?? The last thing I found on the lawn that didn’t belong was a pile of poop left by a dog that wasn’t Coal. Boo! I hope your friend’s have located their family and friends in Japan and that they are somewhere safe. Such a tragedy! Heartbreaking.

Ceejay – Sorry you left your computer at your uncle’s – that’s when you find out how much you rely on it. I find myself sitting on the sofa watching tv and frequently reaching for my iPhone to use the Internet Movie Database (imdb) app to look up info re the show/movie/actor, etc. When the phone isn’t handy, I force myself to resist the urge to go get it! Sadly, bf and I have both become rather attached to our iPhones. Hope you’re enjoying your new tv!! I do say that it’s a big change to go from watching tv on the 42” in our living room to the old 19” in our bedroom. I suppose a new tv for the bedroom will be in our future – maybe next year.

Tonight will be a step class. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 03-14-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #131  
Annie - Indiana

Laura....the no coffee thing was just an accident. I got a late start out of the house so I didn't make any at home, then I was running late so didn't want to stop and get my buck coffee from McDs, then just spaced it till later in the morning. Somehow, my bathroom door off of my master bedroom got locked from the inside. I spent about 15 minutes trying to unlock it with various things, to no avail. I then had to take the door knob off in order to get into my bathroom. About 30 minutes of nonsense. I still have to put the door knob back on tonight. So all and all I was late getting to work by about 30 minutes and just plain spaced my coffee. I think maybe Hella B locked it...lol. Who else is there beside gnomes, angels and ghosts.....??? Always something, bright side.....so far....no $$ involved, unless I cannot get the door knob back on.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #132  

Sorry Annie, but I confess I am laughing about that. Yes, it's always something! Lovely Monday morning you had. Too late now, but wondering if you had access to the hinges - if so, you could have removed the pins and taken the door off the hinges. I hope the doorknob goes back on without too much trouble!!

Gnomes - heehee.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #133  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Well my day has just gone to **** in a handcart, the 11 pages of documentation I just did has disappeared in a puff of smoke into the bowels of this computer. When I went into the version that saved, only part of the information was there so now I have to think it all out again. I'm due in a meeting shortly and it keeps getting postponed. I think it will probably start about the same time as my second meeting is due to start.
Back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #134  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING.
THE CHECK-THING HASN'T BEEN DECIDED AND PROBABLY WON'T BE UNTIL JUNE AND AFTER AN AUDIT HERE. NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT ABOUT ON THE MELIDAY. ALL WAS QUIET ON THE EASTERN FRONT. JEN IS UP & ABOUT NOW. FEELING OK.
I'M ON MY WAY TO THE OFFICE SO THIS IS A BIT SHORT.
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY

MICHELLE....GLAD AT LEAST YOU ARE BOTH GETTING BETTER...EVEN IF IT'S SLOWLY. AND STAY AWAY FROM ANY GERMY PEOPLE.

LAURA....HAD A GOOD LAUGH THIS MORNING...I HAVE SEEN IN BRUGES..WHEN YOU NAMED THE CAST I REALIZED I'VE SEEN IT IN BITS & PIECES. MAYBE I SHOULD WATCH IT FROM BEGINNING TO END
HAPPY ZUMBA-ING. HOPE YOUR ARM IS FEELING BETTER TOO.

ANNIE...I HAVE THE IV DRIP PERKED & READY TO GO!! JUST WAITINGON YA!! I HAD TO TURN THE NEWS OFF. IT WAS HORRIBLE TO WATCH AND I JUST CAN'T CRY ANYMORE THIS WEEK! I TOO AM SORRY...THE DOORKNOB STORY CRACKED ME UP!! OMG...YOU SO REMIND ME OF JEN.,...ALWAYS SOMETHING IS GOING ON!

ELLEN...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CAR AND THE $$$. GLAD YOU GOT TO SEE DH & HIS SHOW AT LEAST.

SHAD....YOUR DAY IS LIKE A DOG CHASING IT'S TAIL AROUND IN CIRCLES. SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE ON THE RUN ALL DAY LONG!! HOPE THE DOCUMENTATION WENT OK?? FIND ANY MORE OF IT HIDDEN IN THE PC???

TO CEEJAY & MISS HAPPY
Old 03-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #135  
Annie - Indiana

Morning all..

Ok Shad...Let's just take Monday's and Tuesday's out of the week....my door knob and your document.

Laura...yeah, I can laugh now at the door situation. The knob went back on without a hitch....no prob! The hinges, unfortunately were in the bathroom side of the door....

Not much to report....other than the door knob and emptying the dishwasher, I did nothing all evening but read a book and snooze off and on. Then went to bed at 9:30 and couldn't get to sleep till about 11:30. I am convinced it is the dang bed and why I cannot sleep sometimes, the minute I lay down my head takes off spinning with crap.

Anyway, more destruction and nuclear explosions in Japan..so very sad, the loss of life.

Have a great day.

Love and hugs,