3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 03-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #76
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELODY525 View Post

HAPPY.... AFTER I GOT MY RIDE ON THE FIRE TRUCK....I GOT SO EXCITED THAT HE HAD TO GIVE ME MOUTH TO MOUTH RESUSCITATION!
Oh Mellie - you're such a nut - you make me laugh so hard

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #77
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS.
I GOT A LOT OF NOTHING DONE AGAIN YESTERDAY.
JEN CAME DOWN AND WE CHATTED AND CHATTED SOME MORE. GUESS OUR LIPS GOT A LOT OF EXERCISE. LOTS TO TALK ABOUT. MAKING PLANS. THINKING OF REARRANGING THINGS IN THE LIV. ROOM. AND OF COURSE THE KIDS WILL BE HERE THIS SUMMER AGAIN.
THAT WAS THE SUM TOTAL OF MY HAPPY DAY....GABBING & PLANNING.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY TODAY

ANNIE....IS IT TIME TO GET OUT THE DUCT TAPE??? WHOSE HEAD IS IT YOU WANT TO BLAST OFF ON???
KEEP COOL

MICHELLE...WE'RE ABOUT IN THE SAME BOAT RESTINGUP. WHEN I WAS DOWNSTAIRS MONDAY, I COULD FEEL THE COLD AND THE JOB SAPPING THE STRENGTH OUT OF ME. SO I'M DOING EVERYTHING IN SLOW MOTION! FRUSTRATING AS I KNOW IT MUST BE TO BOTH OF US. KEEP TELLINGOURSELVES TIME HALS ALL WOUNDS.

LAURA....SEEING THE LIGHTER SKIES IN THE MORNING IS REALLY GIVING ME HOPE FOR SPRING. WILL BE NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK OUT ON THE BIKE AGAIN. HOW FUNNY THAT THE COUSIN IS IN THE EXERCISE CLASS!! MADE ME LAUGH

CEEJAY....THE TORNADOES ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE AGAIN. WERE YOU WATCHING FOR ONE OF THEM???

SHAD.....WE'RE ALL THINKING OF YOU TOO

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-09-2011 at 08:56 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #78
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Happy hump day. Don't forget to put out the trash. We got a good dousing of rain starting yesterday afternoon and throughout the night with an occasional clap of thunder but I didn't notice any lightning. I think it's supposed to dry up for the next few days and be cool but springlike.

I think that's (warm weather) is just what you need Michelle to get your energy back and clean up those lungs. Hope you are making some progress here. By now you have to be so tired of this.

Sorry you lost your post Shad. Hate when that happens - especially when one has invested a fair amount of time putting one together.

Laura - glad you liked the step class. Double bonus for having a familiar face there. Sounds like the fitness pass was a good idea. Yeah, I'd say March is still too early to take the bike to the train. Still a chance that you leave in the dry morning and come home to snow in the afternoon

Mel - I totally understand Jen's brace. I have a weak spot in my back when I have jammed it many times sliding on ice in the winter. Same spot. Pop. OWWWWW. It's good that she can protect it. I hope you can keep some of that cloud nine happy feeling at least for a week although memories dim fast and reality shoves them out of our heads

Ellen - hope the dentist went well.

Ceejay

My cousin has a covered trailer he will let us use so we can take things up to the new house as we travel up that way. DH wants to rent a trailer for the first trip up next month. That's all well and good as it will help us stage the house down here but the bad news is that it's going to make a long trip even longer as we won't be able to drive more than 55 miles per hour, if that much - now I know what the people who drove the covered wagons felt like We will have movers of course for the furniture once this is all said and done, but since they charge by the weight in the truck, if we can do some ourselves it will not only work for showing the house but maybe save some money. Maybe I say because we will probably spend more in gas in the car dragging a trailer. Always something, eh? But I am starting to get excited. I told DH I will go up there and not want to come back here.

But before that can happen I need to go make some money so it's off to work for me. Hope you all have a good day.

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #79
Happy September

HAPPY.....BY THE TIME I POSTED, YOU DID TOO. THE PAGE TOOK A FEW MINUTES TO LOAD! GOTTA LOVE DIALUP GOOD IDEA WITH THE TRAILER AND GETTING SOME STUFF DONE. TOO BAD GAS IS SO HIGH RIGHT NOW. YOU BETTER TAKE A LAPTOP WITH YOU INCASE YOU DON'T WANT TO COME BACK!!! AT LEAST WE'LL KNOW WHERE YOU ARE

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-09-2011 at 09:03 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #80
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ash Wednesday...Lent...hmm, still deciding on what to do about it. Work on myself and being happy, be kinder to everyone, expect less and give more....Sissy is giving up smoking AGAIN...just hope she can make it a life long thing. Just working and trying to be happy....I made homemade noodles and chicken over the weekend and literally shared them with 6 other people. That did my heart good.

MELLIE...it is my own head I need bopped and duct taped....think before I speak or EAT.

Chelle...how's the lungs? This seems to be taking an awful long time to get you just a "little" better..you are in my prayers...and thank you for the text msg of encouragement...love you sister.

Shad...lost posts absolutely suck. Hope the work is going well and so glad the wedding went of great. Too bad about your luggage, bright side, you got it back.

Happy...excited about the house...putting yours on the the market...I would be totally upset about the cooking class as that is one of my favorite things in life...cooking.

Ceejay...did you get the nasty weather they predicted. We are having a lot of flooding, thank the good Lord I am not in a flood zone. It rained again last night and continues today.

Laura...good for you on the step class and getting to see family. I so look forward to your movie reviews..maybe next week??

Ellen...how did the kiddies doc appts go? Hope everyone is well.

Guess I had better get busy. Thank you sweet chicks for all the good cheer shout outs....I am sorry I was such a drag, I will try to be better.

Loves and Hugs to you all.

HEALTHY, HAPPY, GRATEFUL, BLESSED!!

Lap RNY 2/12/07

annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #81
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I'd forgotten about today being Ash Wednesday. Tis better to give than recieve.

Mel
Love the avatar. One of these day's I'm going to learn how do to do this.
The bosses wants us to keep the tanks as full as possible in case the power goes off for a long time. We watch the radar and run the plant in between clouds.

Happy
I don't envy your moving but I'm excited for you. When and if I retire I'm going to travel with the Senior Bee's.

Hello to the rest
Old 03-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #82

Morning all.

Shad - Sorry you lost your post. That's sooo annoying. Hope you had a good day.

Mel - Plans are good. So who's going to do the rearranging in the living room?

Happy - The trailer sounds like a pain to deal with, but in the end, it'll be great to get the stuff out of house in prep for selling it, and having less to move later on. Yeh, I should think it's going to be hard to go back south once you start getting set up in the house up north. On the other hand, you'll be busy as heck, so maybe the time will fly by.

Ceejay - Hope the power doesn't go out. What are the Senior Bee's? A friend of my mother's (who still lives in the Chicago area) wants them to take a trip together - I wish my mother would do it.

Annie - Those things sound like a good goals any time of year. Good for dd trying to stop smoking - if she doesn't give up trying, there's always hope!! Mmmm, noodles & chicken. We'll see if I get to the movies next week. I'm interested in seeing The Adjustment Bureau w/ Matt Damon.

Hello to Ellen & Michelle!!

I did the lower body portion of one of my Margaret Richard workout dvds last night. Bf and I both fell asleep under our snuggly blankets. I woke up around 11:30 and it was so hard to drag myself off the sofa and get ready for bed. I was out like a light until about 4:30 am, at which time I didn't sleep very well. But I think I got enough sleep.

Tonight I've got the choice of either body sculpt or Zumba classes. I'd prefer to try the Zumba, but I'm just worried that by the time it starts at 8 pm my butt will be firmly planted on the sofa, LOL.

Gotten back to tracking my eating this week. Brought a sandwich for lunch today. It's rainy & dreary so I don't mind staying in the office. Maybe if I work while I eat I'll take an earlier train home and make it to the 6:00 step class.

Times a-wastin', back to work.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #83
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Wednesday/Hump Day/Trash Day ladies -

Well, DH went to the doctor today. Yesterday, he had a bad sore throat and said it felt like there was a car on his chest. Sound familiar? At least we have plenty of Mucinex in the house. Doctor prescribed a Zpak antibiotics, so that should help. With all the vitamins we take, you'd think we'd be healthier. Oh well, spring is just around the corner. Even though I don't observe Lent per se, I'm trying to decide if I want to give anything up for the Lent timeframe. Just about the only thing I've successfully given up lately (in the last few weeks at least) is exercise...and I want to get back to exercising not give it up.

I'm still using the nebulizer, but not as often, and still on the prednisone. My lungs get a little tight from time to time, but not nearly as bad as they were. Now I'm dealing with the dang fatigue. I'm tired ALL the time. All in all though I'm doing SO MUCH BETTER than I was even a few days ago. I'm hoping I'm even closer to 100% better by the weekend as I've signed up to do a doggie massage/acupressure class on Saturday and after that, we're going to the big Fishing Expo. DH has to work on Sunday, so I can relax (or clean if I'm feeling up to it). Most likely relax.

Laura - You're right...I can always do housecleaning, so I'm really not going to push it. Besides, I'm taking a long weekend at the end of the month so I can concentrate on cleaning/decluttering at that time. Good for you on tracking your food again, and the step class! So nice that you have family taking the class too! I definitely think it's a little too chilly for bike riding, but I'm going to enjoy the lighter evenings. for doing the Margaret Richard dvd. So cute that you and bf fell asleep under your snuggly blankets. I don't like exercise classes that start so late either...it's harder to leave the house that late because of the couch/butt suction.

Ceejay - I hope the storms weren't too bad. One of my dreams for retirement would be to sell the house and buy a large motorhome and travel the country. Visiting/staying in the northern states in the summer, and the southern states in the winter. Of course, with the price of gas, that could be a very expensive dream.

Shad - Bummer that you lost your long post. I hope things are going well at work.

Mel - Good for you for enjoying another relaxing day.

Happy - That's good your cousin has a covered trailer for you to haul some stuff up to the new house. Does the trailer rental company say you can't drive faster than 55mph? Or is it really mountainous? I would think you should be able to do at least 60mph, depending on what kind of car you're using to tow the trailer. Even with the added gas expense, you will save money on anything you can move yourself. Movers are so expensive. When we moved out to WI, we hired day laborers to help us load the truck in CA, and then we hired more laborers to help us unload the truck in WI. DH drove the rental moving van (use Penske whenever possible...they tend to be better than U-Haul) towing his classic 1967 Mustang, and I drove DH's 4Runner towing my Toyota Corolla. I can totally understand your excitement...not only for the new house/new life...but also because it means retirement!!

Annie - Glad to have you back, my dear sister. I'm in your boat, trying to figure out what to do, if anything, for Lent. Good for your DD to give up smoking! You had rain there last night? We got over 5" of snow on top of sleet, which meant for very icy roads.

Well, I'd better get back to it. I'm hoping DH has the driveway cleared by the time I get home...so I can just take a nap. This fatigue is really driving me crazy.

Love and hugs to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #84
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...you don't always have to give something up for lent...it just has to be something you do differently than before...Maybe commit to exercising so many days or minutes a week....to better yourself or society...you can do that!!

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 03-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #85

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Working from home today, so can post more easily. I've been down and picked up the cat, and done the shopping for the week. Now I have to get down to work. Actually I did do some between 700am and 800am and have done some more since I got back, but even so, I will be working into the evening to get it all done as planned.
It seems I can't get all my drives on the remote section so I'll just have to do what I can. Fortunately there is plenty to do.

Rochelle has just posted in facebook to say that the photographer will publish some of their pictures there eventually. So I am waiting for that and will share as I can.

Seems that Mel must have had a good birthday since she has been on a high ever since. Good onya Mel.

Glad to here that Annie is back with us, and that Michelle is getting better.

Hi to Ellen, Ceejay and Laura.

Happy - are you packing yet? Do I need to come over and help?

Gotta go get a cup of coffee and get back to work.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #86
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Didn't have a very restful night as I went to bed upset with a customer. i hate dealing with them. This one threatened a law suit, call the mayor etc. I've dealt with it before but it upsets me. If they would pay the bill it sure would make my life a lot easier. I took my frustration out on my bike by riding it 17-20 miles per hour for 15 minutes. And prayed that my palpitations would not start. Thanking the Lord they didn't. Needless to say I'm tired already, yes I'm up earlier than usual for a day off but all i was doing was tossing and turning. I'm pleased with my bp at 115/73 and pulse at 77. I should have taken it last night after work.

Laura
I'm not sure what the Bee's stand for but it's and organization for the Senior's. They make quilts, art and crafts etc and a couple of times a year they travel, sometimes short distances sometimes long distances.

Michelle
Sorry that the DH is sick. Can't believe that you have that much snow and ice.

Happy
Are you planning a trip soon to visit and take things to the new house?

I made an appointment with the ENT for Thursday. The drainage in my throat is getting a lot worse and I'm getting another sore throat. Probably due to all the tree's blooming. i want him to see me at my worse.

My computer/mouse is still jumping around all over the place. It may be due to this hard drive that the computer shop installed. I'm thinking about buying a notebook.

It's time to start my day.

Filled out a vacation day for the 25th of April just for a me day.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-10-2011 at 08:50 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #87
Happy September

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

TOO MUCH WIND AND RAIN FOR ME SO I AM GIVING FOOD SHOPPING A MISS. TODAY LEASES ARE BEING SIGNED AND I CAN'T BE IN THE OFFICE WITH SENSITIVE MATERIAL( ie: ss numbers and financial disclosures) SO I AM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE. GOTTA LOVE THE GOVT'S IDEA OF "CONFLICT OF INTERESTS".
YESTERDAY WENT FLYING BY. I WAS HELPING OUT. ONE GAL MISSING. WE'RE GETTING NEW SMOKE ALARMS IN THE HALLS AND COMMON AREAS. FUNNY HOW EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANGE CAN GET THE TENANTS ALL UPSET....BUT I CAN FEEL THEIR PAIN. THE OLDER I GET THE MORE I REALLY HATE CHANGE LOOKS TO BE SOME WORK FROM NOW UNTIL "SOMETIME" SUNDAY. NOW THIS CONTRACTOR HAS MY PHONE # AND APT NUMBER. HE ACTUALLY KNOCKED BEFORE HE LEFT TO MAKE SURE I WAS HERE.
WHEN HE LEFT HE SAID "MIGHT HAVE TO COME BACK MONDAY TOO". I DON'T DO MONDAYS....JOHN DOES. THIS JOB IS GOOD NEWS AS I CAN GET AN EXTRA CHECK THIS MONTH
I NEED TO MAKE SOME BREAKFAST AND FIND SOMETHING TO DO UP HERE. THE LOBBY WILL BE MOBBED WITH LEASE SIGNERS....NO ROOM AT THE INN FOR ME DOWN THERE
HAVE A SUPER DAY.

ANNIE....WE ALL GET DAYS OR WEEKS LIKE THAT. SOON THE WARMER WEATHER WILL BE HERE AND THE SUN WILL SHINE ON YOU. YOUR WORK SCHEDULE HAS TO BE A BUMMER AND TAKING IT'S TOLL ON YOUR BODY & SPIRIT. SO GIVE YOURSELF A BIG HUG!!

CEEJAY....BET YOU'VE BEEN BUSY RUNNING THE SHOW IN BETWEEN STORMS THIS YEAR. SOME DAYS THE WEATHER MAP IS JUST FULL OF WILD & WOOLY STORMS ALL OVER THE PLACE. ANY TIME YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT THE AVATARS LET ME KNOW...I THINK I CAN SEND YOU A PM WITH INSTRUCTIONS. SHAD TAUGHT ME OVER THE TELEPHONE WHEN WE FIRST "MET" IN THE JOURNALS.

MICHELLE....OMG! I CANNOT BELIEVE THE DH IS SICK AGAIN TOO HOPE HIS MEDS GET HIM BACK ON HIS FEET. I WAS SORRY TO READ THAT THIS MORNING. NOW YOU TWO WILL BE RESTING TOGETHER....NO HANKY PANKY EITHER

SHAD.....YES!!!! I AM STILL FLOATING ON CLOUD 9!!! I PROBABLY WILL BE FOR A VERY LONG TIME TOO!!! I'M NOT SURE YET WHAT MY WEEKEND LOOKS LIKE....DEPENDS ON THIS ALARM MAN. HE SAID IT LOOKS LIKELY TO GO INTO OVERTIME. THE TIME ZONE WEBSITE SAYS WE'RE 15 HOURS APART RIGHT NOW? SO IF I CALLED AT SAY 3-3:30PM SATURDAY.... IT'S 6-6:30AM SUNDAY BY YOU. HE HAS TO LEAVE BY 3 EVERY DAY. THEN I LOCK UP AND ALARM THE PLACE. HOW IS THIS WEEKEND OR DO YOU WANT TO PICK ANOTHER?? JUST LET ME KNOW. I WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER CALL TOO
Old 03-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #88
Happy September

CEEJAY....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE COMPUTER TROUBLE AND THAT NASTY CUSTOMER. DON'T LET THEM SPOIL YOUR DAY OFF AS WELL. SHAKE IT OFF AND HAVE A GOOD ONE MAYBE THE DR CAN FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO CLEAR UP THE MUCOUS. GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #89
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday ladies -

I am in a great mood so far today! I don't know if it's because I went to bed so early and got lots of sleep, or if it's because I'm feeling a little better/stronger each day (and probably at 60% energy level today), or whether it's because the weekend will be here soon. Probably a combination of all three!

Annie - That's a good idea about "adding" something for Lent rather than giving something up. I think I will pledge to walk at least 45,000 steps per week. That's a lot less than 10K steps per day, but with my energy level still not at 100%, it's a good start. I will also exercise 20-30 minutes 3 days per week, plus do some core exercises every day to strengthen my abs/back. I'm going to be doing A LOT of walking at the Fishing/Sports Expo on Saturday. **But before anyone starts reaching for the , I will NOT overdo it. I will listen to my body, my lungs and my back and do the best I can without causing any relapses.

Shad - Is Sunday glad to be home? I really enjoy working from home. I can get a lot of work done, wear a t-shirt and sweatpants, and enjoy the doggies' company, but it is frustrating when you can't access all the drives remotely. I'm really looking forward to seeing Rochelle's photos.

Ceejay - I'm so sorry that you didn't sleep well. I find I'm getting better about not taking the stresses of work home with me. I used to bring all that stress home, and it REALLY affected my health and my marriage. It's so not worth it. Especially when you did nothing wrong. Your customer can threaten all they want...but ultimately if they paid their bill, there wouldn't be a problem. Good for you for exercising your stress away, and I'm glad you didn't experience any palpitations. I hope you get a chance to take a nap or at least relax/unwind later. As Mel said, it is DEFINITELY not worth letting a crabby customer ruin your day off. Shake it off and let it go. Is your ENT appointment today or next Thursday? Good luck at the doc. I just recently tried Cepacol lozenges for a sore throat...it works like magic - took the pain away really quickly. As for your mouse jumping around, it's possible to set the sensitivity of your mouse under Settings/Control Panel/Mouse. Maybe your mouse settings are set to be very sensitive. Just a thought.

Mel - Bummer that you have to miss out on food shopping due to the weather! But I'm so glad you get a day off from the office!! I'm glad that the contractor's work means an extra check for you!! NICE!! DH and I are definitely RESTING together, none of the other stuff...at least not until we're a little better.

to Happy, Laura and Ellen!

Big hugs and lots of love to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #90
Annie - Indiana

Morning Happy Turdsday...I mean Thursday....

Got a lot of house cleaning done last night...well actually most all of it...dusting, mopping, vacuuming, windexing, the only thing I have to do tonight is scour the bath and kitchen. Would of gotten that done too, but a friend called and we talked an hour, then it was time to go to bed. Everyone who is not Verizon knows not to call me on weeknights till after 9 pm, so that makes for kinda late talking on a work night.

Will be back for personals, my boss is on the phone....

Lap RNY 2/12/07