Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 03:48 PM   #16  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

I think SugP is to funny. Now why didn't you say that you were a brain surgeon? You have great sarcasm here and why not out there? You need to branch your humor out a bit!
I have had a shower, I am shaved, and my head is encased in rollers. My DH is coming home tonight so I am happy. My bedroom is nice and clean and calling me for a nap. I love taking naps. I just hate to wake up from them. DH will refuse to wake me from a nap cause I get so mean.
I finally got a hold of a person about my fake tree. I was able to order a pole for it for $15 including shipping. I am very happy about that even if it will be here in 7-10 days. I may not be here for it but I will have a tree next year! So I will have a 7 foot Douglas pre lite tree for $30. I am so happy I can just S***. Sorry my old raunchy teenage side came out.
I want to play in the snow outside. There is just one problem. I do not have any snow outside. I want to start baking for Christmas. I wont even be here and i want to make cookies and all of that junk.
Can I take DD to the hospital for her blood test with rollers in my hair? Would that be to white trashy? Hmmmm I want the curls for tonight I think I just might go this way. WOnder if I will get in sooner that way?
What is glow wine? I myself no longer drink but am still curious about different drinks. Has anyone tried that wine with the worms in it?
Baggiepoopoo I want a cleaning lady here too! I would have to clean first so I guess I don't really need one then.
WabbyCat I had immirtek (sp) and wouldn't take it. The side affects scared me more than a migrain. I chose to suffer and whine about it. I have a friend that had heart trouble after taking it so I really wont take it now.
Kinky kiwi! How is the weather there? I want snow can ya send me some?
OK I gotta go make food to eat.
Brattie
Old 12-05-2002, 06:57 PM   #17  

The correct migraine med is called Zomig. This stuff works for me. I've tried Immitrex, but I didn't like the way it made me feel, and it only worked sometimes. I get the kind that dissolves on your tongue for fast relief.

The rooster has gone to his new home.

Sugar, so what's wrong with being a housewife? Since when did that get such negative connotations? I get downright nostalgic for my housewife days, when I had little 'uns at home. It was one of the happiest times of my life, I just didn't realize it at the time. Besides, if you wanted to be a brain surgeon, you would. I would prefer you to be a plastic surgeon, though, so you could give all your friends a big discount.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:06 PM   #18  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Quote:
My bedroom is nice and clean
Now, I forgot what I was gonna say. I am so upset by that bedroom quote. Did you know that Montgomery Ward's invented Rudolph? It was a trivia question today. I thought Gene Autry did.

Sugar, a well-mannered plastic surgeon would have reacted just like you did. We civil folk do not thrust our superiority into the faces of others. We let them believe what they will. I am boring myself to sleep. If only I had a nice clean bedroom ...
Old 12-05-2002, 09:43 PM   #19  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i think my name is baggiepoopoo because i like to talk about hudda---but brattie doesn't know about hudda yet[??]--i was thinking of sending out my cards this weekend----does everyone have the same address????if so i think i have them all! brattie----if you want to get a card from me,write me at [email protected]!!!!! the "mess" is a reference to peaches' bedroom.where is cherry,does she want a christmas card???
Old 12-05-2002, 10:32 PM   #20  
Miss. Brat

What is hudda? I have a headful of curls. I look funny kinda like a crack head. I will see what DH thinks. I hacve straight hair and the curlers really made me curly. Big old wild funny curls. I am getting better just not very good yet at rolling my hair. My hair still smells clean. Ilove the smell of clean. I really love candles in a clean bedroom. I did toss my jeans and bra and top into a pile onmy wicker chair in my bedroom...... I want to go put them up though.
I have to finish putting away paperwork in the office. I have literally 2" to file. Geesh I am so lazy and sloppy.
Daphne
Old 12-06-2002, 04:09 PM   #21  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Re: Glühwein recipe for Kiwi!

Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
This'll put hair on your chest!

Glühwein
Oowee, Sugar, Migraine in a Pot! Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, I'm one of those wimps who can't drink red wine. Can't drink more than a glass or two of white wine. Can't drink dark beer or in fact any beer with any taste. Forget ale. Now good old pure likker I can handle. And champagne. At least there I am my daddy's girl...

I do like the name though. Gluewine. Drink this and you'll get a headache just like sniffing glue.

My DD is at this moment slicing up her 2 year old Christmas dress to make a skirt. She will do the sewing by hand instead of my doing it on my machine because it takes too long for me to clear off the kitchen table to make room for the thing. Good thing I'm such a lazy slob, or she'd never learn to do anything for herself. Right?

Gee, for a second there Brattie, I thought you had shaved your head. I need to wear my reading glasses for the computer, don't I?

Yeah, I've never had a problem with being "just a housewife" either Wabbit, although I have a hard time writing housewife for occupation on forms and things. Sounds like I actually work at that . It would make more sense to me to write in mother. The only drawback with being a SAH mom is that people think you are "one of them" and around here that means fundamentalist Christian women who actually believe it is there place to stay home. I actually had a woman say to me "Oh you're one of us" the other day at my in-laws. I hope she wasn't insulted by the stricken look in my eyes.

Haha, you're so funny, brat. 2" of paperwork to file makes you lazy and sloppy. You really know how to make me laugh.

Gotta go. Send me Christmas cards. I have the same address. I just got mine today, so Brattie, you need to PM me your address and I will send you mine if you want it.

Kiwi
Old 12-06-2002, 06:35 PM   #22  

I have literally 2" to file. Geesh I am so lazy and sloppy.

Brattie! watch it! you're talking to ppl who met on the messies message board - this could be grounds for a lynching.

TGIF! I couldn't have taken another day in this place they call my office, but I really know is my cell.

We are getting our tree on Sunday, anybody else have their's up yet?

Kiwi, sometimes wine gives me a headache, but I get amnesia every once in a while about that, and drink it anyway. I always pay, but sometimes it's worth it. I also always have had a hard time writing housewife down as occupation. Just goes to show you how ignorant our society is. Now when ppl come into the office and ask for the boss, I tell them "he's not here, but the boss's boss is." Which actually is pretty true, the man couldn't even write a check out of the business account without me. Which he doesn't need to do anyway - he has plastic.

Wish me luck at the Christmas party - hopefully everyone will drink in moderation and not break the bank. Last year the bill was $700, which wasn't bad, considering pre dinner drinks, fancy dinner, dessert & coffee all around and post dinner drinks. It's also worth it because it's the one time of year I get to see all these guys all spiffed up.

Old 12-06-2002, 08:36 PM   #23  
Miss. Brat

2" of parerwork isn't bad? Geesh that and an inch of dust and the toys, books etc? I wasn't able to use my computer desk top. It wouldn't be so bad but DH has his own business and it was his paperwork that I was suppose to file. IRS gets mad if you don't have all the paperwork ya know?
OK I took a nap from noon till 3 today. Even DH took a nap and didn't mess around! I got to cuddle him and crawl all over him and the bed to get comfy! We did have my cat between us though. I had about 4 pillows, cat and DH to lay on. I didn't want to wake up! Dang kids and the busses though.
Will post more laters!!
Daphne
Old 12-07-2002, 09:53 PM   #24  
Member w/ messiest house

My goodness, I think brattie's been getting into the gluhwein

How come when I try the chat nobody's ever there?

DH and I and some inlaws went to see the Nutcracker Ballet this afternoon. It was fabulous. It was in the Maine Center for the Arts (at U of Maine) and the Bangor Symphony played. One of DD's friends was in it. She was very good, and the whole ballet was just really well done. Gorgeous costumes. DD is going to see it tomorrow with some friends. I hope they don't start the cat-calls that usually ensue at the high school auditorium when a friend is onstage...

Later lovelies.
Kiwi
Old 12-08-2002, 07:21 AM   #25  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey kiwonkers!! i was in your state yesterday at the walfart----got TWO quilts {the ones made by poor factory workers in locked up factories!!!!---I HATE THAT!!!BUT WHAT CAN I DO}they were 34 dollars for a king size and 24 for a queen and i need christmas gifts!!!!!!!!! my shopping is not even ONE QUARTER done--and i am almost out of cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!christmas is HARD for us SAHM'SSSS----hey Kiwonkers---try HOMESCHOOLING and staying at home and they wonder why your hair is so short!!! i went to a conferance and felt like a HEATHEN {even though i go to mass every week like Lushbag}------
Old 12-08-2002, 04:25 PM   #26  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I can imagine

Especially in Maine, most homeschoolers do it to keep their kids out of the dreaded "secular" schools, where they might catch something from us heathens. You know, like a clue, maybe. Better to keep those little blank slates out of the hands of the evil teaching profession, y'know. I used to think about homeschooling, thinking the idea would be for DD to actually learn more than in public school, but I now realize my error. All those "you're one of us"-ers want me to homeschool to keep my darling from learning about evolution and reproduction and things like that. I guess the fact that my hair is so many inches long is what throws them.

Gotta get offline. Later

Kiwi

P.O. Ook barf walfart
Old 12-09-2002, 12:54 PM   #27  

I know you were all just holding your breath over this, but our Christmas party turned out loverly. The restaurant was beautiful, down on the waterfront of the Willamette River, where boats all decorated for Christmas floated by occasionally, the food was yummy, the wine flowed like, er, wine and we all had a fun time. And nobody tried to show my DH her mouse tatoo! (remember that one?)

We put up our Christmas tree - I think we should all have to post photos of our trees. We went out to the tree farm with DS, & GF. DD didn't want to get out of bed for the occasion (she worked until 3 am). It was crisp and sunny, not the usual gray, wet and stormy.

I homeschooled DS the last 4 mos. of his 8th grade year, and not because I wanted to. The little darling got booted out of school - one too many practical jokes that the administration didn't think was funny. I was a good homeschooler when it involved english, history & science, but a horrible math teacher. It was torture for both of us.

Anybody got any good Christmas cookie recipes??? I've got to get busy and make my famous Pear-Ginger butter for my extended family gifts. We have such a huge family that I can't afford to actually buy individual gifts. So I'm making the Pear butter a Joy-tradition gift. Kinda like a fruitcake.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:07 PM   #28  
Most boring housewife.

Hi all,
I have no recipes, Wabby. I make basic cookies that can be found on the ingredient bags. I don't think I'd do very well as a home schooler. I can barely discipline myself to do anything. My kids would grow up dumb as stumps.
Most of the homeschool moms around here are not of the long haired variety. They are the type who are trying to break their darlings into show biz. Weird.

I have a list...don't read, it is boring, but this is always my only hope of getting anythingdone. As always, if I complete it, I'll delete it.
1. Get book on tape/ drink more coffee
2. shift wash
3. go through house, put all wash that is cluttering bedrooms into laundry shoot
4. trash out
5. go through house with trash bag and do one of those 27 things.
6.put dinner together(chicken alfredo)
7. 5 min lr
8. 5 min fr
9. shift wash again
10. clean out car

DS 10 is sick, this is my third trip to the doctor in a week, they are going to think I have Munchausen by proxy. He coughed every thirty seconds for 24 hours. Poor darling.
Gotta go,
XXOO,
L
Old 12-09-2002, 06:40 PM   #29  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default need opinions on dd16's problem

Ever since george drowned my poor dd has been getting her period every two weeks---she was on the island with us and was VERY upset and still has a hard time with it----i have read that stress can cause this problem----my sister and i both got the damn period almost immediately after the tragedy {even though they were not due} -----anyone ever hear of this??? i am taking dd to the clinic regardless, but she does not want the birth control pill {neither do i want her to have it} and i think that is the only thing they ever do----help!!!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #30  

Bagzie, it probably is stress, but it hasn't been that long since he drowned, so I'd probably just give it some time for your DD to get over it before I'd start giving her birth control pills. (Which is probably what the Dr. will suggest) Have you considered her going for grief counseling? Maybe that would help her more than anything.
Closed Thread