Old 01-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldlies in February find Fitness and Fun

New Day, new month.

Time for rededication to the refining of our beautiful bodies. After all if we don't look after the one we have, where are we going to go when it breaks down? Where are we going to get another one?

Have fun, dance, wiggle, cycle, run. Do what ever but this month just do it. February is for getting fitter.

To go back to find the inspired entries from last month click here - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ination-8.html

Last edited by Shad; 02-02-2011 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Forgot the link
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #2  

Morning all,

Sitting here watching the news deliver some more bad news about Cyclone Vasi which will apparently hit sometime after tomorrow night somewhere between Innisfail and Yeppoon. This vast stretch of coastline includes Townsville, Bowen and Mackay. Wherever it hits up there means more devastation, more, flooding, more people evacuated. One just has to hope that it comes ashore in a lesser populated area. This is predicted to be worse than Cyclone Larry a couple of years back that wiped out the banana crop and made almost a whole town homeless and worse than Cyclone Tessie that I went through in Townsville 10 years ago. The area is almost the only part of Queensland not devastated by floods as well.

Michelle - of course you are all invited to the barbeque. It was supposed to be a group of my working network of friends. But many of them are out of town so it seems, so I might have to invite the family over as well. Hope the big storms pass you all by and you have a 'warm' spell. So glad to hear the back pain is so much better.

Ellen - Your ticker is showing a downward trend as well. Good for you. Enjoy the walk around the mall. Walking is one of the best exercises we can treat ourselves to. There are more of the same weeds popping up so I'm guessing they are potato. Yummy, hope they have lots of little ones. I love spuds.

Mel - poor Willie, hope he is okay and up and about again. Why was he up the ladder anyway? Or is he now doubling as the maintenance man as well? The insulation may have to take first place on the wish list this year. I am sick of this dust settling again as soon as I have dusted and swept. I can't blame all of it on Miss Sunday.

Annie - hope you check your pay to ensure you do get paid for 8 hours straight and not 7.23 which is the standard shift here once the deductions for 'forced' breaks happens. Typical that some people make 4 trips to the shop rather than make a list of requirements and a one stop shop.
Potatoes with butter and salt and pepper - what a memory of childhood. Dad and I used to fight each other for the last spud. Didn't matter whether they were roasted, baked, fried, boiled, mashed or hot or cold. Thought our commune was going to be in a warm place with no snow, ice, cyclones, floods, bad weather and just enough rain to keep us going.

Ceejay - hope you are feeling more rested now and enjoyed your belated MLK day.

Happy - are you still thawing out and getting it all back together again??
Old 01-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #3  

Hello Worldlies!

Hi Shad - thanks for setting up our February thread. January went by quickly, didn't it? I was going to say that now it's our turn for some nasty weather, but now that cyclone is coming to wreak havoc on your coast. When will it end?!

Not going to get into personals at the moment - too busy doing a lot of nothing. I've been slacking on everything lately at home, including exercise and food tracking - I hate this malaise I've been in. I will try to do better in February.

Tomorrow is back to work. It's time for our department to be audited again by the internal auditors - last one was five years ago. The boss seems just as freaked over it this time as she was last time. Sigh. Can't wait until it's over.

I'm thinking I'll take the laptop home from work tomorrow in case Wed. is a snow day. Hoping this is a lot of media hype, but I still think we're in for a lot of snow with this one. Everyone stay safe! Bf is out right now buying some milk, and will hopefully get out tomorrow for some fresh fruits/veggies that we didn't get to buy yesterday (different store than the grocery items) and then we're good to go for food.

Okay, I'm off to pull out my ancient electric massager and work on the kink in my neck/shoulder.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone!

Did ok with food, but could have avoided the cinamin bun DH bought...but still within my calorie range. I need to hop back on the exercise, TOM sowed up yesterday adn now I am just sleepy. maybe will do some yoga with my girls after school.

I have to run out to the store this morning...so fun, thought I had everything I needed. Now as soon as teh girls get on the bus I have to bundle the baby up and run out...what a PIA

Have a great Day everyone!!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

The last few months I am always stunned to see that a new month has rolled around once again. Thanks for setting up the new thread Shad.

Well we made it back from vacation in one piece. It is a killer of a car ride, even breaking it up into 2 parts. I was peeking in to the thread but don't like to post much when I'm away because you never know who might be watching you online.

Looks like we picked the perfect week to travel. We made it in between storms and even brought some warm weather to the region. There is a monster storm brewing across 1/3 of the country today. We are going to get the "quick build an ark" driving rains while they are set for blizzard conditions up by Laura and Michelle. The worst I think is poor Annie - I heard possibly an inch of ice. That's an incredible amount of ice. I'm thinking the snow is going to reach out even over to Mel. Batton down the hatches ladies and hang on - we're in for a wild ride today.

We did check out a few houses - saw some nice ones and put a bid on one which got turned down. The owner is holding firm on wanting way too much money for the property. It's nice but not worth anywhere near what he's asking. The market is truly down - we even saw that in our own neighborhood. We will probably have to take less for our house than what we'd like. It's ok though about up north, we have time on our side. While we were at my sister's we got an unsolicited phone call from a realtor who asked if we were interested in selling our house because she had a client who was interested in our house. Eric was interested, I was highly suspicious When we got back he talked with her more. Apparently the interested party grew up in our home, was moving back to the area and inquired about our house. Right now we are not in show condition with the downstairs master bath all torn our and things moved into the adjoining bedroom. Although we laughed at the possibility of selling our house before we even marketed it, we decided it was not worth the fuss to try and hurry to get it showable when it needs some work to justify our asking price. We both sort of feel that this "client" just wants to be nosy and look at the house and isn't really a serious buyer so we put the realtor off and asked her to touch back in a few months.

So things have kept me hopping here. I have to go back and catch up on everyone's comings and goings so that I can make a proper post. In the meantime, I have a dentist appointment first thing this morning - it's root canal time.

I will have to come back later tonight to post. In the meantime, please take care everyone with the weather. I hope Vasi is no where near you Shad - how much more can these poor people take???

Talk to you later chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #6  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WELL....... OUR SNOW HAS ARRIVED. SO FAR WE GOT OUR 2-4 INCHES OF SNOW AND NOW IT'S FREEZING RAIN. TONITE AND TOMORROW & WEDNESDAY ARE CALLING FOR THE SAME WINTRY MIX. GUESS I'LL BE INDOORS FOR AWHILE THE TEMPS FOR WEDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 37...MAYBE THAW OUT ENOUGH ICE SO WE CAN GO TO TRADER'S ON THURSDAY. WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.
THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS FOR WILLY....HE IS ACHY BUT SAYS HE'S OK. THE BUS IS SO TALL THAT HE NEEDED THE LADDER TO GET THE SNOW OFF THE ROOF. IT'S A $250 FINE IF YOU DON'T AND THEY ARE ENFORCING THE LAW THIS YEAR. HE WAS TAKING SOME SENIORS ON A TRIP AND DECIDED TO WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE (& WHILE WEARING DRESSIER SHOES) TO CLEAN OFF THE BUS. THAT'S WHY I SAY.......... MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JEN & I DID NOTHING YESTERDAY BUT YAK YAK YAK, CATCHING UP ON THE DRAMA AND GOSSIP IS LIKE A FRIGGING SOAP OPERA WITH RICHIE'S FAMILY.....AND ONE I COULD DO WITHOUT. BUT I TRIED TO LOOK INTERESTED THAT'S ALL THE NEW FOR TODAY!
HAVE A GREAT ONE

SHAD....THANKS FOR CHANGING OUR THREAD. I CANNOT BELIEVE THE NEWS ABOUT THE CYCLONE. GOD THEY'RE JUST CLEARING UP AFTER THE RAINS!!! SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR THE NEWS CASTERS TO BE WRONG ABOUT IT'S STRENGTH!! WITH OUR STORM HERE, THE WEATHER CHANNEL HASN'T SAID ANYMORE ABOUT AUST.....STAY SAFE MY SOUTHERN SISTER. I CAN IMAGINE THE DUST FROM THAT INSULATION. WE HAVE CONCRETE WITH "POPCORN PAINT STUFF" FOR CEILINGS AND THE DUST IS RIDICULOUS!! COUGH COUGH.

ANNIE...GLAD YOU HAD TIME WITH DAD. HAD TO LAUGH ABOUT THE PINEAPPLE CAKE AND THE CVS CUSTOMER! TWO FUNNY STORIES. WE HAVE A FEW WOMEN HERE THAT G TO SOME OF THE SMALL STORES ON THE CORNER ABOUT 3-4 TIMES A DAY...ONE WOMAN GOES IN AN Y KIND OF WEATHER! CONGRATS ON THE CLEAN EATING. I AM ATTEMPTING THE SAME THIS MONTH. GOOD JOB ON THE WALKING AND WEIGHTLOSS!! WE NEVER WANT TO GO BACK "THERE" AGAIN!!

MICHELLE~ I HEAR YA ON THE STORM...JEN WENT OUT AGAIN FOR THE "IMPORTANT" THINGS....SNACKS BUT IT WAS FOR THEM NOT ME. HOPE YOU DON'T GET ALL THEY THINK IS COMING! IF YOU HIT ON A GREAT COMBO THAT KEEPS THE CRAVINGS AWAY LET ME KNOW. I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO NEW IDEAS. THANKS! GOOD LUCK WITH THE DR VISIT!

CEEJAY....SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD WEEKEND AND HOPE YOU ARE Caught up with your sleep. your poor body has been thru so much with all the antibiotics for that throat. BTW....HOW IS THE THROAT. HOPE THE ICE STORM PASSES YOU BY!! (sorry about the bad typing)

LAURA...JEN & I WERE JUST SAYING WE'D LIKE TO SLEEP THE REST OF THE WINTER AWAY......ALONG WITH ALMOST EVERYONE I KNOW!! IT MUST BE CONTAGIOUS!! HOPE THE PREP WORK FOR THE AUDIT GOES WELL AND THE BOSS CALMS DOWN...LOL....PROBABLY NOT TILL THEY LEAVE!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!

ELLEN...WHILE YOU'RE OUT AND ABOUT GET ME SOME MILK PLEASE!!

HAPPY......WOW...WHAT A STRANGE STORY ABOUT THE GUY AND YOUR HOUSE. FUNNY COINCIDENCE TOO WITH YOU'RE WANTINGTO SELL EVENTUALLY. STRANGE WORKD WE LIVE IN. GLAD THE TRIP WENT SO WELL AND THE WEATHER HELD OUT. SENDING HUGS TO YOU FOR THE ROOT CANAL. MY JAW ACHES FOR YOU!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-01-2011 at 09:15 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #7  
Happy September

LAST NIGHT I WAS SITTING HERE THINKING AND WRITING OUT GOALS FOR FEBRUARY WHILE MULLING OVER EVERYONE'S RECENT POSTS.

MY BLOODWORK IN THE PAST HAS BEEN TERRIBLE. TRIGLYCERIDES IN THE 300'S. (384 was the highest)
THESE PAST FEW YEARS I HAVE BEEN KIND OF IGNORING IT AFTER I GOT OVER THE INITIAL SCARE. LAST MONTH I TACKLED THE EXERCISE...OR LACK THEREOF. MISSION WAS ACCOMPLISHED! SOOOOOO........

FEBRUARY'S GOALS
GET RID OF THE VISIONS OF SUGARPLUMS!!

I NEED TO LOWER THE SUGAR & WHITE FLOUR DOWN TO A MINIMUM. I'VE BEEN OUT OF CONTROL AND MY BODY IS BEGINNING TO REACT. SO BEFORE I HAVE TO HEAR THE WORD DIABETES....I NEED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. REALLY BEEN TAKING A CHANCE AND PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH EACH SUGARY MOUTHFUL. PUTTING IT DOWN IN BLACK & WHITE WILL KEEP ME MORE HONEST!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-01-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #8  
Happy September

TODAY'S READING MATERIAL IF YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO AT WORK:

*** Adult Truths ***

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font..

5. How the **** are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my own neighbourhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #9  

Morning all.

Ellen – Hope you’ve gotten everything you need at the store and are back at home keeping warm and cozy. We don’t have any fresh fruit in the house, but otherwise we’re pretty well stocked. It sounds like you’d have fun doing yoga w/ your daughters.

Happy – I bet you’re glad to not be away from home during this storm! It’s interesting that people insist on listing their properties for more than the market will bear. But I guess some people aren’t really serious about selling… I guess since you made an offer, you & dh are serious about buying!! What a coincidence and what timing re someone showing an interest in your home. Being a “nosey neighbor” at an open house is one thing, but it’s nervy to ask for a showing of a house that’s not even on the market!!

Mel – Reducing refined sugars and grains is a great goal. I haven’t bought plain old white bread in ages, but we always have a long loaf of Italian bread on hand for our sandwiches – what else would bf use to make his traditional Italian subs, LOL? On the other hand, I usually buy whole wheat bread for my sandwiches. Okay, I confess to having a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread in the freezer! We don’t make much pasta at home, but maybe next time we buy pasta, we should try the whole grain variety. No more complacency!! Loved the Adult Truths, and read them even though I should have been doing something else!! Thanks for posting them!! “Bad decisions make good stories.”

Hellos to Annie, Ceejay, & Michelle!

Well, we’ve gotten an e-mail telling us our office will close at 1 pm today. What I think is strange is the next sentence of the e-mail: “We currently plan to have the Chicago office open tomorrow, but you should use your best judgment to determine whether you can safely make it to work given the conditions.” I should think by tomorrow there will be so much snow that if there are still blizzard conditions (high winds), it would be best just to stay home & stay safe and let the plows clean up the streets. Anyway, I’m bringing home my laptop and planning on working from home tomorrow.

No movie tonight!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #10  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good snowy Tuesday afternoon my friends,

I left work at noon and am working from home this afternoon. We've got about 6" of snow on the ground and it's still falling. The big storm is supposed to hit in a couple hours. I'll be working from home tomorrow and DH is off work tomorrow, but he'll be busy clearing the driveway and the walkways.

Shad - Thanks for starting the new thread. Just do fitness! I like that! So sorry to hear about the cyclone! As if Australia hasn't had enough natural disasters recently! I hope the cyclone diminishes in intensity and hits less populated areas. I'm glad your potato/weeds are doing well.

Laura - Is anything in particular causing the funky malaise? I hope you can kick it to the curb, like I did my cane, and get back to your healthy eating, brown bagging and exercise routine. I'm hoping that the storm isn't as bad as they say...but it does sound pretty bad. They even closed Milwaukee Public Schools and that NEVER happens. But according to our meterologists, the "bullseye" of the storm is from south of Milwaukee to Central Illinois to Northwestern Indiana, and the forecast for that area is 12" to 16" and more. Where I live will likely be getting an additional 8" to 12". It looks like Illinois is getting A LOT of snow already. We have fresh fruit on hand, but are low on tomatoes...not worth going out for that. I love the whole grain pasta...but DH doesn't like it...so I often just make the regular white flour variety. I guess you're already home from work by now since your office closed at 1 pm. Our office didn't close early, but it has a similar policy to what your company's email said.

Ellen - Glad you stayed within your calorie range, despite the cinnamon bun. I hope you have everything you need so you don't have to get out during the storm.

Happy - That is a long car ride from Memphis to the Northwoods. Glad you were able to check out a few houses...I didn't realize you were close enough to moving to place an offer on a house. Too bad it got turned down. I hope the dentist appointment went well this morning. I've only had one root canal, and that was plenty.

Mel - I'd rather have snow than freezing rain or ice storms. I hope that your weather clears and the ice thaws so you can go to TJ's. I'm glad you had a chance to catch up with Jen. Too bad that there is so much drama with Richie's family. I'd like to sleep through the rest of winter...or at least stay home and cozy. I totally get what you mean about taking better care of yourself to get the bloodwork numbers back in the good range again. I take meds for my cholesterol and triglycerides and blood pressure. And before the doc puts me on diabetes meds, I've got to get my blood sugar back down. Let's kick the sugar and white flour together! BTW, thanks for the Adult Truths!! They're all so very true!

Annie - I hope you are safe at home enjoying your snow/ice day. Stay warm and indoors my friend.

Sigh...I'll get to log off and relax in an hour. I can't wait! I get a little stressed out for these really big storms...of course, I'm much more at ease now that I'm home and DH and I don't have to go out tomorrow.

Lots of love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
So far so good with the winter weather. No white stuff as of yet.

Shad
Thank you for setting up the new thread. You are right in the fact that we are in charge in taking care of our bodies.

Laura
Smart thinking in taking the laptop home. Think I'd call it a snow day.

Mel
Love the "proverbs". You and I are on the same boat in getting our biochemicals healthy.
Did you make a snow man on the window sill?
Michelle
I'm envious that you and Laura have the option of getting to work from home.

Ellen
I always forget something when I go shopping. And then go and spend twice as much money when I go back.

Happy
Sometimes things are unexpected when real estate is concerned. Reminds me when my nephew was getting married and bought a house, flipped it and sold it before they could move into it. Are you thinking of moving fairly soon? How did the root canal go?

Annie
Are you snowed in?

Had an unexpected bout of the stomach virus last night. This morning I called in sick. Just didn't have the stamna to go. A big to do was made because "I didn't use the correct portical". Found out some things that I didn't know from this. I think they make up rules and regs as they go along. I didn't have to go to the doctor but glad I did. I used the one here. He told me to take off work tomorrow if I didn't feel like it and the receptionist insisted that I take the day. I told myself that yes I was going to so I called my co-worker and told her. My white blood count was still high. Why can't I shake this stuff?

More later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #12  

Afternoon all,
Spent most of today working around the house and watching the progress of cyclone Yasi, supposedly the largest cyclone ever to cross our coast. It won't affect us down here, but will affect everything that wasn't previously affected by the flooding, and possibly some of the previously flooded areas in Central Queensland might just get another dousing.

Laura - Good on you for being prepared for your snowstorm. Seems you are going to be tested like we are over here. Sounds like a good idea to work from home for a couple of days or so. That sounds like a nasty bit of weather.

Ellen - I hate it when I forget something at the shops, particularly when I need it that night. Wish I was completely organised. Good on you for getting the children involved in yoga.

Happy - we might have to get you down here to sort out our weather. We could do with some reasonable weather for a period of time.
I'd have shown the house as it is. If they were truly interested it would not bother them as long as you explained what was going on Maybe they might have let you rent until you could shift.

Mel - Life witht he Richies hey? What a hoot. Maybe you should write it down and sell it as screen play. Good for you with the exercise last month - are you keeping it up this month as well? Or just doing the bloodwork?
I like those Adult Truths. The one that caught my eye was number 24. How true - but there was the old joke about the cost of a brain transplant was more expensive for a male brain than a female brain. Reason being that the male brain had never been used.

Michelle - hope the storm spares you and your house and area. The world could take a weather break for a while I think. Stay warm, rest up, exercise and eat in moderation. Good stuff.

Ceejay - Seems there are a lot of businesses who don't have set down procedures for events involving employees. At least you went to the doctor and got a sick certificate.

Okay - well it might be time to go get some dinner on. I'm having marinated calamari with a crisp crunchy salad - should be good. DS2 will leave home as soon as the smell of fish cooking hits the air. See you tomorrow
Old 02-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #13  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I've been glued to the streaming video of the Chicago news this morning watching the blizzard. So I've burned up my posting time. I'll be back at lunch. Till then be safe my friends up north and east. To say this was an incredible storm is an understatement.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #14  
Happy September

WHAT A MESS OUTSIDE. THE DRIVE HAS INCHES OF SLUSHY JUNK BUT I HEAR THE HIGHWAYS ARE LOOKING OK EXCEPT FOR ICY PATCHES. I'M ALL CONGESTED WITH SINUS SO JUST TAKING IT EASY TODAY WITH A NICE HOT SHOWER AND CLEAN JAMMIES. OUR HALL HEATING HAS BROKEN DOWN AGAIN SO IT'S NASTY DOWNSTAIRS. WHEN WE HAVE LIGhTNING IT FLIPS THE SWITCH SO WE DON'T LOSE THE BIG UNIT ON THE ROOF. GUESS IT'S ASKING TOO MUCH FOR SOMEONE TO CHECK THAT EACH MORNING.
ALL IN ALL IT'S A GOOD DAY FOR SOLITUDE THE BOSS MAN THREW OUT A TENANT'S SON AND HIS WIFE. THEY WERE HERE ON THE GUISE OF TAKING CARE OF MOM. HE'S A FREELOADER SO THEY TOSSED HIM OUT. MOM IS BETTER OFF BY HERSELF. BUT PART OF ME WILL MISS A MAN THAT WAS WILLING TO GET INVOLVED IN BAD SITUATIONS. THERE WERE TIMES I WAS GLAD HE WAS HERE.
ANNIE BETTER HURRY AND FIND THAT FRIGGING COMMUNE CAUSE I'M SICK OF CITY LIFE AND ALL THE DRAMA THAT GOES WITH IT
IN THE MEANTIME... IT'S THE SHOWER, JAMMIES & SOME WARM OATMEAL.
WHEN I GOT THOSE ADULT TRUTHS IN AN E-MAIL FROM A FROZEN FRIEND, THEY CRACKED ME UP BECAUSE THEY ARE SO TRUE.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

SPEAKING OF ANNIE....I SEE NO POST FROM HER. HOPE SHE'S NOT ONE THAT LOST ELECTRIC.

LAURA....KIND OF CONFLICTING E-MAIL SO I GESS YOU CAN ALL SKI YOUR WAY TO WORK FOR THE OPENING!
I WILL ADMIT TO ALL YOUR BREADS AND THEN SOME. THEY ARE MY DOWNFALL ALONG WITH ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAS SUGAR AS THE MAIN INGREDIENT HOPE YOU GUYS MAKE IT THRU THESE STORMS INTACT. STAY WARM & COZY!!

MICHELLE...I HEAR YA ON THE MEDS AND STUFF. I CAN'T TAKE MOST OF THEM BECAUSE OF THE DISABILITY. NO STEROIDS, HORMONES OR STATINS. THERE ARE OTHERS TOO. WE WILL GET A GRIP ON THIS I KNOW!!IF NOT YOU CAN FEEL FREE TO DRAG ME ALONG KICKING AND SCREAMING GLAD YOU AND DH ARE OFF AND HOME. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. DON'T MAKE ME COME AND SMACK YOU IN THE HEAD FOR SHOVELING!!!!!!!!!!!!

CEEJAY....SOMETIMES WE GET A BUG THAT HANGS ON. THEOSE PILLS YOU TOOK ARE VERY STRONG AND CAN RUN THRU THE BODY LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN SO I'M GLAD YOU CALLED IN SICK. REST IS WHAT'S NEEDED TO GET BACK ON YOUR FEET. NO SNOWMAN ON THE SILL....JUST ICE!!!!

SHAD....marinated calamari .....I'LL BE LEAVING WITH DS2 SO IT WILL ONLY BE YOU AND JEN FOR DINNER YUCK!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THE CYCLONE. OMG THE NEWS IS HORRIFYING ME AND NOW THE WEATHER CHANNELS IS TOO. AT LEAST WITH OUR SNOW....YOU JUST WAIT TILL YOU GET PLOWED OUT. THE ONLY ONES REALLY SUFFERING ARE THOSE WITHOUT POWER. NOT NICE IN THE WINTER. THINK I NEED A FIREPLACE!! STAY OUT OF YASI'S PATH!!! BTW...I AM DOING EXERCISE 20 MINS @ DAY AND ADDING THE NO SUGAR. TRYING TO MAKE THINGS A HABIT THIS YEAR. FUNNY THAT IN 2003 I WAS DOING IT ALL THE RIGHT WAY....SEEMS LIKE JUST YESTERDAY THAT I FELL OFF THE WAGON!!

HAPPY........WE DID NOT GET HIT AS BAD AS OUR LOCAL CHANNELS PREDICTED. BUT IT SURE IS NICE NOT TO HAVE TO GO OUT IN IT!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-02-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #15  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I'm glad to be working from home today. We got probably close to 2' of snow, with lots of blowing and drifting snow. The blizzard warning is in effect until at least noon. Some of the major freeways are closed, and the department of transportation is declaring roads to be impassable. The message on the news is to stay off the roads, and if you do go out and get stuck, emergency help may not be able to reach you. Sheriff's cars are stuck in the snow, tow trucks are stuck in the snow. The National Guard has been deployed to try and get to stranded people. It's crazy out there. But not to worry, DH and I and the dogs are warm and safe inside, as are all the smart people. I mean seriously people...unless you are a police officer, sheriff, or medical professional, stay home.

Of course, our few snowflakes (or few feet of snowflakes) is nothing compared to Yasi. I'm saying prayers that Yasi loses strength and causes minimal problems. Australians have been through enough already!!

Ceejay - I hope the snow missed your area entirely. I hope your stomach virus is doing better today. Sounds like your body is telling you to rest and recuperate. I'm glad you went to the doctor.

Shad - Cyclone Yasi sounds just awful. I hope it eases up. As for moving/exercising today...I'll do what I can but my back, legs and hips are REALLY stiff this morning...so stretching is definitely in order. I'm even using my cane a little today.

Happy - Our news and weather here aren't even mentioning Chicago, which is unusual. I'll have to check online to see how bad they got hit with this storm.

Mel - Bummer that you've got a slushy, icy mess outside, and that you're all congested. I'm glad you've decided to take it easy. Bummer that the boss had to throw out the tenant's son and wife and that they weren't caring for the tenant. I know better than to help DH shovel, but I was hoping to help him by clearing the snow off the roof using the extension roof rake (where you stand firmly on the ground and pull the snow off the roof). Even though I told him that that worked my upper back rather than my lower back, DH said he will not let me do it. And as stiff as my lower body is...I'm not going to argue much.

Annie, Laura, Ellen - Hope you all are okay and staying home today if the roads are bad.

Well, I've got lots of work to get done...so I'd better get to it.

If the weather's bad where you are, stay inside, stay warm (or cool in Shad's case), stay safe.

Lots of love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote