Old 01-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #16  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina- Sorry you feel like you can't talk about personal things. I know what you mean though. Sometimes I go on forever and I am sure people get tired of it. But..it is also a way for me to vent at times.
I really am interested in everyone's lives outside of weightloss too...even if I don't always respond. The only way to feel like we know each other. On the other hand, I have typed up long posts before and then re-read and said TMI..and deleted them. So, whatever you are comfortable with.
Glad to hear you are working..I knew it sounded like an interesting job and would be sporadic, but hey..more time for Lily. (who is a DOLL, I might add)

Francie- Hope you don't get too much snow..I am already tired of it here. We are due for a big storm in the middle of the week. 6 to 12 inches. GIVE me a BREAK! lol

Mom had a great visit with her Dr. She (dr) said several times that mom has impressed her so much with her quick recovery. Her blood work was all good so just has to go to the respiratory therapist Monday for a check of that. The nurse was here this morning and she will come twice next week then be done. Yay!

I stepped on the scales this morning..pleasantly surprised, so that got me reved up. I have been eating well and NO salty snacks the last few days...so today I will step it up a notch and do a video exercise. I am going to pull out my OLDER than dirt Richard Simmons, Dancing to the Oldies tapes. LOL..Hope I can remember how to use the VCR. Obsolete as it is. Ha. I will WI Monday and use that as my starting point for this go-round.

Have a good Sat. ladies.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #17  
I can dream, can't I?

OMG...I had forgotten how hard those videos were. You think dancing will be easy. LOL ...I barely did 20 minutes. I swear I am soooo out of shape. But hey, I will keep at it. Will do another 20 minutes of it or the trampoline later. I swear I will get 40 minutes in today..of something.

Calorie counting on fitday again....so far so good. I didn't even use my week-end for whining and *itching.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #18  
ugggg.....

Hi all...the boys shared their colds, now I have a sore throat and drippy nose

Dom is really sweet, he helps vaccuum and sweep, he's says I help you!! too adorable and Ash is my little vampire, he got the bottom two front teth and then instead of the top two, he got the top two on either side.

Sorry I have been down in the dumps and whiny, missing Mom and then two of my step siblings turned out to be as two faced and mean as they were 30 years ago...really hurt my feelings, especially the one sister..

Last edited by jules1216; 01-30-2011 at 01:45 PM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #19  
ugggg.....

did manage to lose a little...don't know how other than I did give up cokes again, drinking more water...actually shocked myself!! all the shoveling and walking up and down the hill didnt hurt...told hubby I need to start walking down and up once a day til I feel like my chest is not going to explode!!

Last edited by jules1216; 01-30-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #20  
I can dream, can't I?

Hope your cold gets better soon Jules, and hope the boys are okay now. They sound so darn cute. I am patiently awaiting Mason talking to me. He told me "bath" when he was here, when I said not now he tried to take off his shoes and said "shoe." He says "mine" ( seems to be a big word for toddlers) and "mama." Cassie told me he says a lot of things, but so far he isn't very talkative here.

I did manage to get in 40 minutes of exercise yesterday...20 with Richard and 20 with WATP. Felt pretty good after I caught my breath. I plan to do at least 20 minutes later....just had lunch.

Basically having a lazy day. The sun is even shining, but the ground is still covered with snow and we are supposed to get lots more snow and ice this week. Just shoot me now!!!

Happy Sunday all.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #21  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Cristina- I read everything you write! It's not good to always keep your worries to yourself. Just vent away! You'll feel better. I'll have to see if there is that store here. If not, I can always check out other stores. So those lenses don't get too dark? Hmm..that's okay I guess..

Sue- I'm tired of the snow too. I want the dry heat!! I wanna go swimming!! LoL!! I'm ready for spring/summer. I used to do the Richard Simmons tapes with my mom!! LOL!! Hey, if it made you sweat, then it's still pretty good! I wonder if those are on dvd now. I like that he uses real people. Too bad he's so annoying, lol!! On I Love The 80's (or 90s..I forget which one)..someone said he's bipolar. One min he's screaming, then cheering, then crying. LoL!!

Jules~ You need some cold medicine? I found like 20 boxes under my bed, lol!! I hope you feel better soon!

Nothing new with me. I'm just fed up with living in these apartments. Management complained that our blinds our broken, and are making us pay $36. However..we put down a deposit. So that should cover ANYTHING that is broken. Hubs was really mad..and decided to replace the blinds himself. I told him that we're taking the blinds with us when we move, lol! We paid for it, so why not? We're going house hunting in Az soon. I really really hope we can buy a house while we're there. I would move out..and hubs would move into the barracks. I'm so fed up with this place. They just repainted the stairs & doors in the hallway for the 30 bagillionth time. There is so much paint on our door, we had a hard time opening & closing it.

Anyways..I'm done complaining. Oh..I did Zumba over the weekend....I thought my lungs were going to explode. LOL!!

OKay..more NCIS time! I love this show!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 PM   #22  
I can dream, can't I?

OMG...Ice storm with snow on top of that. Then we are supposed to get snow for the next 2 days. I could cry, I am so "over" winter.

I really wanted to go to Penney's this week....but not in this mess. I took mom to her dr. appt. today and her respiration is much better. Looks good right now and she does not have to see the Respiratory therapist until June.

For right now we are just hoping we don't lose power....they say if it goes it might be out for days. We have quite a lot of food we can eat without cooking and we made orange juice, iced tea and collected water to drink. But I am not going to be happy without my coffee. I boiled eggs, got fresh fruit and canned fruit, lots of bread, lunch meat and cheeses. We don't even have a gas grill, which is what a lot of people rely on for food if the power goes out. Ah well, we will cross the bridges that are put in front of us as they come.

If you are effected by this mess...please stay home and be safe!!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #23  
I was born this way hey!

Sue~ I really really REALLY hope your electricity doesn't go out!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #24  
ugggg.....

Cristina--yes, sad about my cinny-toast, she was a really good dog....damn cancer. I know you went through it with your Ernie-dog. I agree with Francie...vent away...we will be each others support group!

Sue-I am soooo ready for spring myself...I hope your power doesnt go. Hubby was talking about pulling his old generator up to the house just in case.
Yes, my cold sucks big time, hubby thinks my immune system is just run down from all the stress of the past year.

Francie--lol....I have a supply of cold meds...thanks for the offer. That's terrible about the charge for the blinds. It's normal wear and tear, they dont stay perfect..I agree if they are going to charge you for them take them with you!

We got ice this morning, weather stations saying we will get worse. Staying home wating for Cinnamin to be picked up for creamation, the grounds too hard to dig a hole. Well, I have now had 6 out of 12 months with someone close to me or my family dying. Ready for it to stop. Hope this is the last. I had a two-ish year period from 16-18 (year before and after graduation) when there were 24 family, friends or acquaintances dying--natural, drunk drivers, suicide and drug related..
Old 02-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #25  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~ I'll have to look around for the glasses and the lenses. I like my sunglasses to be semi dark. That is really funny that your son danced to Sweatin To The Oldies. You should remind him of that...in front of EVERYONE!! Hahah!! Sorry that you have that imagine of your father, forever in your mind. I still see my mom lying in that room, totally pale & still. It will haunt me until the day I die. Ugh..

Jules~ Sorry about your dog Cancer in animals is really hard. They can't tell you they're in pain. I wish I had my cat cremated..but we were so broke at the time, and it was expensive enough just to put her down. When I was younger, a lot of my family members died around the same time. You know..I still haven't bought a headstone for my mom yet. When we were in Az in Aug, I had just found out she didn't have one. I was going to buy one when we were there in Dec/Jan..but then I got really sick. So this time I WILL buy one for her.

So my good friend, Aunt Flo, is 1 day late. I just have this terrible feeling it's going to show up next week. She just LOVES to pop up when I'm about to go on a trip. Blah.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #26  
I was born this way hey!

You're just a threadkiller Cristina, lol!! Jk

I'm going to end all this death talk..It's making me really sad.

Cristina~ The workouts are making you sleepy..so I hope you're resting better at night. I told my friend all the symptoms I'm having (really light period..bloating, extremely sore boobs, mirgranes, lower back pain, etc) and she said I sound like I'm pregnant. I told her not to mess with my mind, lol!! I guess Verizon doesn't work everywhere, huh?? Stupid commercials for lying!! What phone did you end up with? And how did you get it in pink?? I wish the iphones came in pink, instead of black!

Well..as I mentioned above, I'm having the world's lightest period, with the worst symptoms ever!! It's been a really long time since I've felt this terrible. I feel so bloated, and miserable. Nothing I take works either. Well..except for Exderian for PMS. I took 2 the other day, and couldn't stop shaking!! I hate pills with caffeine in them.

Anyways..we made an appointment to look at house in Az on the 12th. I've been narrowing down the list of houses to look at online. So far, there are..8 houses that we like. Seeing them in person will be better than online though.

Oh..get this. My glasses made the bridge of my nose bleed. I guess some of the plastic (or whatever) was wearing off, and rubbing into the skin!! So I'm wearing my square glasses right now. I really hate them because they are really loose. I'm gonna go see if I can get them adjusted. I just don't know if I have to go all the way back to the mall in DC..or if any eye glass store will do.

I hope everyone still has their electricity..and are being safe when you go outside. We haven't gotten anything here yet. *knock on wood* It rained a little bit last night & today..so that melted the snow somewhat. I just can't wait till summer. I need to work on my sunburn..I mean tan.

Gotta go to bed..nighty nite!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 02-03-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #27  
I can dream, can't I?

Just haven't had anything to report. I know everyone is tired of this darn weather talk...and I am tired of the darn weather.
Actually, our power was off for over 3 hours Tuesday night. We had just started up the fireplace and gotten out extra blankets to go to bed and it came back on! Yay! Has been okay since then. I must say we were prepared for a longer outage, but glad it didn't transpire.

As of today mom is finished with the visiting nurse and doing great. She has gained back almost 8 pounds and has a good appetite. Trouble is, I think I am gaining with her.

I have not done a WI this week. Eating has been a little rough. I do great breakfast and lunch, then it all goes to heck. (actually haven't been snacking, just eating too much dinner)

Please, please Spring, hurry up. I want to walk outdoors.

Cristina, you are not a threadkiller...I think we all just have the "winter blahs." I know I do.

Hope you all have a great week-end. We are trying to dodge the "S" word...again. Our addition is still a sheet of ice and I have not been out since Mon.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #28  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hey All.

I hope you all are doing well. I haven't been posting because I feel I have nothing valuable to contribute. Still haven't been motivated to eat healthy or exercise except for my trips up and down the stairs.

Francie -- Have u tested? Maybe you are? I know you don't wanna jinx yourself or nothing. I'll keep my fingers for ya. I hate when my glasses break but at least now if they do I have some that more recent than my "Sally's" that I used to have to wear as my "emergency pair" lol

Cristina -- your not a threadkiller! That is usually my job! Just watch! HA HA. Just kidding! Good job on the exercise. I need to get myself into gear. UGH.

Sue -- so glad your mom is doing well! I'm tired of this weather as well and I usually enjoy winter but this is becoming ridiculous! lol. Glad your power is back on. My cousin's power was off for 24 hours!

Anywho. Thats all from here.

Big

And this is for all of you:

Saw it and it made me think of you all.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #29  
I was born this way hey!

Sue~ That's great about your mom!! You're lucky to have a fireplace in case the heater goes off. I hear ya on the weather, I'm getting pretty tired of it myself.

Sassy~ Nope..not preggo. I took a test today, and it came out negative. Hubs knew we wouldn't be that lucky. You should always post..even if you have nothing to say.

Anyhoo..nothing new here. I'm sitting listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack & playing Bingo on FB. LoL!! I have no life. Aight..bye 4 now.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #30  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hey Gals.

Nuttin' going on here.

Francie-- Aww I am so sorry about that! I was really hoping you'd get a BFP (Big Fat Positive!) So Big I know how much those negatives can hurt. Thanks I just think I have been in a serious FUNK lately!

Oh Jules -- I got my Valentines Day Card today! Thanks!

Big

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-03-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote