Count Your Fat Grams/Calories 2 22.22%
PIG OUT!! Worry About It Later! 4 44.44%
Eat What I Want BUT No Seconds Or No Desserts! 3 33.33%
I'm Only Cooking A Low Fat/Low Calorie Meal 0 0%
I Don't Celebrate Thanksgiving 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 05:13 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#68)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 11-24-2002, 05:21 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #67 and read the last few posts there!!!!
Old 11-24-2002, 08:48 PM   #3  

Gayle the type of white wine that we have tried is chablis liebframulch and chardonay. We tried a batch of white zinfandel which is pink in color and this is our favorite. As for red, we have only tried one batch (cabernet sauvignon) and are still experimenting. There are two types of wine kits you can buy, a four week and a six week. The six week kit is a little bit more expensive but well worth the extra. You will also notice that the six week kit has more grape syrup, this provides a better quality wine. Some white wine kits have oak chips that give it a bit smoother taste. One tip if you like a sweeter wine is to save a cup of grape syrup in the fridge and add it to the wine just before you bottle.

You will need to buy a hydrometer, this is very important to determine the next stages of your batch of wine. Also get a wine thief, this is long tube that allows you to extract wine from your carboy to test with your hydrometer. Remember to sterlize every item that enters your wine. We keep a mixed batch of sodium metabysolphate in a 2 litre coke bottle. Make sure you label this poison. Try not to breath the fumes in, they are very toxic.

The instructions on each wine kit are a little different, just read them over carefully before starting.

When it comes time to bottle, clean and sterlize the bottles. When adding the wine leave approximately 1/4" to 1/2" between the bottom of the cork and top of wine. We boil the corks in a pot of water for two minutes. Place the corks in the pot first and fill the pot half way with water. Once the corks have finished boiling, drain the water and place the lid back on and take one cork at a time. This prevents them from drying out. You will also need a corker, you can rent this from your supplier or buy one.

Most kits we have tried taste great just after bottling, red needs to sit a little bit longer. Just like any wine,(or women) it gets better with age. Store your wine in a cool place and lay them on their side to prevent the corks from drying out.

Now sit back and enjoy!

DEE
Old 11-25-2002, 12:17 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Thank you Dee for the wealth of info... you are the wine queen!!! Do you suggest any online sites to visit for home wine making?? We ordered a Vintners reserve wine kit that is a white piesporter. I almost ordered the liebfraumilch that you mentioned. I like white zinfindel, have you tried a riesling? My all time fav wine would be ballatore grand spumante, I can drink that sparkling stuff by the gallon!!! The girls are going to wonder about us.... coming to a weight loss site and discussing our booze!!!

I hope everyone had a super duper fantastic weekend!!!! Are you ready for turkey day?????
Old 11-25-2002, 10:05 AM   #5  

Gayle never been to an online sites for wine. We also have used vintners. It is a good one. We haven't tried piesporter yet but have seen it. I couldn't remember the brand names of all the kits we used so I didn't list them and besides that I wasn't sure if you would have any of the same brands that we have up here in canada. We tried johanasburg riesling, it was excellent.

Will check in later with everyone I got to go drink my bottle of wine. lol

DEE
Old 11-26-2002, 09:18 AM   #6  
Losing it!

Hi girls!!!!!

I'm cleaning house & updating some of my files. If I do not have your email address and you would like to start receiving some "goodies" from me, please let me know. Also let me know what rating of stuff you would like to receive, I have a cousin and a friend in canada (wink) that likes to shock me every so often!

Busy week ahead, working on a bunch of stuff and really not getting anything done. Cleaning house today, baking tomorrow...

I am still OP!!!!!!! I made veggie crumble chili last night and no one noticed.

Have a wonderful day & try to post when you have a chance!!!!!

Love, Gayle
Old 11-26-2002, 11:13 AM   #7  

Gayle wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Sherry hey are you to busy to post? Your not sick are you? I am worried about you.

UPDATE ON MOM: Mom went to the cancer clinic yesterday not expecting to get chemo but they gave her the treatment. One dr didn't want to give it to her because of her infection and the other dr said to do it. She needs to go for a EKG now. They found that her heart has developed an irregular beat. Before they started treatments they checked it out and decided to give her the lower dose of chemo because her heart was border line. This irregular heart beat is something new. I think that it might be a side effect of chemo, along with the blood clots and infection not clearing up. What we have to go through to get better. They also found that her blood is still very thick reguardless of the blood thinners she has been on. They upped the dosage on the meds for that. She will have her next treatment next monday.

That's all for now. It is really cold here today. It is only 10 out but I guess I shouldn't whine because the sun is shinning.
Have a good day everyone.

DEE
Old 11-26-2002, 02:45 PM   #8  

Gayle-My email is [email protected].
Old 11-26-2002, 07:22 PM   #9  

Howdy

I'M OFF WORK UNTIL MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday & today has been crazy at School!! I'm so ready for the break!!

I didn't post yesterday because I was so stressed and tired when I got home!

I'm planning on DEEP CLEANING Friday & Saturday and get all my Christmas decorations outside & inside all up!!!

Debbie,
I wish that you would come back and post!! I miss you here!!! I'm looking forward to Wayne, the boys & I spending Thanksgiving with you!! Gosh, I guess this will be the 4th year huh? I went to the store after work.I'm bringing a corn casserole, choc. pies & deviled eggs.....sound good???

Gayle,
How do you make the veggie crumble chili? It sounds interesting! So you're cooking for Thanksgiving? Do you have family coming? We always go to Debbie's because my Parents go to my Aunts for Thanksgiving.We don't go because we wait until Christmas to go there.It's too much traveling for both holidays.

Dee,
I will continue to pray for your Mom & your Family.Bless your Mom's heart.I'm so sorry that she has to go through so much.My thoughts are always with you both! I KNOW you're so COLD there!!!! Oh my gosh....10 degrees!!!! It's 40 something here but feels COLDER!!!

Shelley,
How's your tummy? How much longer do you have to be on the predisone? Are you cooking Thanksgiving or are you going to someone's house? Are you off work yet?

Carol.....Wanda.....Jennelle & Debyj.........PLEASE POST SOON!!!! I know that it's hard to post often during the holidays but please let us know that you're ok!!!!! I miss you!!!!!! Do you have big plans for Thanksgiving?

Ramona,
Are you ready for the boys to come? I know you're getting so excited!!!!!! Guess what? I now have ONE gift bought!!!! LOL!!! Maybe after I get my house cleaned and decorated, I'll be ready to start shopping!!!! I would love to have everything done this year my Dec.20th!! LOL! I'm one of those last minute shoppers....I've got to get better!!!

Vicki,
How are you? How is your ear? What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Are you cooking? Are you keeping the kids on Friday too.....or did you take the day off? Have you started shopping?

Angel-Feathers,
I hope that you didn't leave us!!!!! We made you a FLOOZIE so now you have to stay!! Please post with us soon!!

I'm going to lay down now & watch TV.......Hey.....Sherry is going to rest!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that??????!!!!!!! I sure wish I had some of Gayle's BREW tonight!!!!

Love & Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 11-26-2002 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:38 AM   #10  

Good One Sherry I love it! Hapy thanksgiving to all my american friends! After thanksgiving I felt like that old turkey in the oven, round and plump. Problem is I still feel that way.

DEE
Old 11-27-2002, 09:05 AM   #11  
Losing it!

Sher~ I'm baking a peach pie and making a cherry cola salad to take to Steve's folk's house on Thanksgiving. We will probably stay there until mid afternoon, then come on home and maybe load my Mother up and take her out to eat. My Brother was going to try to spend the day with Mom, but his MIL ended up in the hospital. Steves family always invites my Mother too, but she feels like she would be imposing.

I make my chili just with the usual packet of chili seasoning, tomato sauce, etc. Then I add a package of morning star crumbles or a box of boca crumbles. I let it cook in the crock pot most of the day. My family is not fond of beans, so I add the full package of crumbles, plus toss in a can of chopped up sliced potatoes. I think I prefer the boca crumbles over morning star, they seemed to hold together better and resemble ground beef more. Give it a try and don't say anything, see if they notice. I have been sneaking the crumbles in, and the teenage Daughter never notices.

Dee~ Please keep your 10* there!!!!! It has been cold here too!!! I am ready for Summer!!!! I am not a Winter person at all. How's Mom doing today?

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY EVEN IF YOUR NOT POSTING!!!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 10:51 AM   #12  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FLOOZIES!!!!!!!!!!!

We are closing at noon today, so I wanted to wish each of you a wonderful holiday full of family, friends, fun, and food!!!!
I won't be back on the computer until Friday, so I wanted to send you this wish today. At this time of year and all year long, I am so thankful for my friends; each and every one of you.

Love,
Ramona
Old 11-27-2002, 04:00 PM   #13  
Losing it!

Wish you a Happy Thanksgiving if I don't have time to post tomorrow!!!!

Enjoy the good eats, family and fellowship!!!!

I agree with Ramona, I am very thankful and count my blessings for the great friendships I have found here!!!!

Well, Floozie buds....... again, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 04:56 PM   #14  

I have been busy cleaning & washing today.I'm going to start on my cooking for tomorrow soon!

If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow.........Have a Very Nice Thanksgiving!! There's so much I have to be thankful for...including my on-line friends here!!

Love To All....
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 11-27-2002, 11:16 PM   #15  

Everyone Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

I am not cooking, someone else offered to do it so going to relax and enjoy.

Be safe while traveling.

Vicki
Closed Thread