Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 05:35 AM   #1  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default Mo Moo

See! I am starting a new thread! Please don't use it. Please make the other one longer. It is 4:25 am and I should be asleep. I will be tired all day. This is bad.

I found on the internet that you can take the same cruise ds and I are taking for $379 if you go the week after Thanksgiving. This is seven days to Belize, Cozumel and Grand Caymans. Ah may zing.

I have something petty bothering me. This woman in my office has a dd who has two little girls. The dd came around with a fund raiser for the daycare where she works. Three of us bought stuff. Two bought candy and one bought notepads. When the candy came in, the dd put it on her mom's desk when mom wasn't looking with no explanation. Mom assumed it was an anonymous gift from someone and took it home and ate it. The notepads have not showed up. We paid for this stuff ahead of time. The mom is one of those people who talks about how broke she is all the time and is whining about having to pay people for the candy. I don't want her to pay for the $7 overpriced candy that wouldn't have lasted a minute anyway but it changes my feelings toward them that I'm taken for granted as someone who will just give them this stuff. The dd would have found us and delivered it personally if it wasn't paid for.

On the positive side, Fly Woman is offering an additional 17 emails a day.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:57 PM   #2  

Peachers, it's not the same cruise. The cruise you want to go on is the week of Christmas, not the week after Thanksgiving. Book your cruise and start buying some skimpy outfits. All the singles will be on the week of Christmas cruise.

Re: the overpriced fund raiser candy. If you're like me, you'll let this slide, but you have just been released from any obligation whatsoever to buy fund raiser candy from this woman's children ever again. That's worth the 7 bucks right there. I always wish I could just donate half the cost to the school and skip the overpriced candy.

We had record breaking warm weather here yesterday. 67 degrees and sunny

I had a major hairstylist disaster yesterday. She decided my hair was getting too "brassy" so she colored it dark. I hate it. DH hates it. I can't afford to have it redone. It accentuates the dark circles around my eyes.

What's on your agenda today Lushy? Sugar? Kiwi? Where's Cherry been? Cool about your sis, Bagzie. I'm going to go read Brattie's diary to see what's up with her. Dahlia, did you find your way over here? Has anyone heard if Frappe's all settled back in the states?
Old 11-21-2002, 01:25 PM   #3  
Most boring housewife.

I am a total failure. I was supposed to do all that stuff yesterday, but didn't. Now I am supposed to do more stuff today, and I didn't.
Peaches, I totallyagree with Wabby. I am sure even Kiwi would agree. This relieves you of the obligation to ever buy from these people again. I would, however, mention it to the offender. Maybe the embarrassment will stop her from asking again.
Go on your Christmas cruise. The point is to go during Christmas, the cruise company knows that and that is why they are charging you more. As usual Wabby is right. She is the smartest.
Wabby, the hairdresser should lighten your hair as a courtesy. Tell her how you feel. She will listen because I am sure you would have nothing but a sweet hairdresser.
I have to go cancel a doctor's appt that I forgot about until right now. I need a more organized life.
Here is my listthat I probably won't do)
1. call dr cancel appt
2. call school ask if we can have b ball practice there
3. call bank
4. go pay taxes(I can't face my husband one more day)
5. shift wash
6. defrost dinner
7. make bed
8. organize laundry room
9. clean up by my chair in lr
10. kitchen counter

I know I'm an intolerable bore with the lists...but I am so hopeless lately. I will delete it if I do it .
Where's Sugar? Do we have an explanation for her absence?
Old 11-21-2002, 02:42 PM   #4  
Ginny

Hi ladies,,
I found you.. tried to get away didn't you...LOL
I walked on my treadmill for 20 min. this morning,, just getting back into a routine on it.. but have been up and down my stairs upteen times already... with dh up there...Whew!!! guess I'll get my exercises.. when he is well, son will be up there.. well hope it helps...
That is terrible about the fundraiser.... and true, if you hadn't paid, she'd have tracked you down.... lesson learned here, don't pay till it comes.. or if it has to be paid in advance, tell them you have no money on you.... and get out of it...
Lush, you are funny with your lists.. but hey didn't I see pay taxes on every list you've written so far.. don't you just hate to pay them..

I have to tell you gals... I won an evening with a gourmet chef... I went to a Taste Of Home cooking show week ago, and signed up for all kinds of door prizes, won nothing,, so I thought.. they called this tues,, and told me I won a dinner for 6. the chef comes to my house, cooks the dinner and then even cleans up... with hubby recuperating, it will be so nice to have a night off.... and still be fed....the chef even promised desert.. a cake.. having it done this coming MOnday....

Remember I told you I have two spoiled and spiteful dogs.. well we redid the tv room with new carpet, since we have grandbabies coming over now..and we keep the dogs out of that room.. well we were gone to the hospital all day yesterday so the loving sweet *****...*she is a female dog* decided to get even with us... she went to the bathroom in their... a nice mess.. then she or the other one.. not sure which one did it... got into the deer entrails the boys had put into the garbage outside and ate some.. of course upchucking it back up when they game in..in the livingroom.. good thing it was on the brick by the fireplace. Nice to come home to such *gifts*....
Well, now that I have grossed you all out... I'll sign off..LOL

Dahlia
I really don't like to clean house.. I may not be a slob, my house is definitely lived in... and not spick and span... there is to much else to do. But love to hear I am not alone in this feeling....
Old 11-21-2002, 06:20 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I'm telling...

the Animal Rights Kooks about that spider experiment.

Dahlia, you have my admiration--for running a hospital ward and for apparently maintaining your sanity after raising 5 boys! Now, we'll be happy to take advice on how to keep our houses clean. Of course no other advice has worked, but I'm always open to suggestions.

See how nice Wabbit is, she even gave our newbie directions on how to find us.

That fundraising debacle is ridiculous, Peaches. Why did they make you pay for it upfront? I've never had one do that--but I have had them take my order and never show up with the stuff, which I found really annoying. But at least I wasn't out any money. I had ordered a couple of "buckets" of frozen cookie dough one year and I was really looking forward to it (what, you think I was going to make cookies with it?) I assume the parents ended up paying for all the undelivered stuff. I do think you should get your money back regardless of your coworker's money woes. You got nothing for $7. Point out that if they want to raise money in future, it would help if people got what they paid for.

Sorry to hear about the hairdresser booboo, Wab. I'm not a fan of hairdressers myself. Reason I have long hair, let's face it. I even liked my last cut (15 months ago), but don't remember the name of the girl who did it, so haven't gone back. I'm a dolt.

Lush, you're so sensible, it's disgusting. I don't mind your lists, they remind me that I ought to be doing something too. Seeing's how I put myself on NoMail on Flylady, you can be her sub.

That is one great prize, Dahlia, I'm jealous. Don't suppose you could convince the chef to do Thanksgiving dinner?? Aren't dogs fun? I miss mine so much. One time she found the little deep fryer I used to have (it had a tight lid so you could keep the fat in it) and she licked it clean -- must have consumed about 3 or 4 cups of Crisco. That was an unbelievable mess when it came back up. At first I thought she was dying for sure -- I had no idea what she had eaten. As you can see, I like to gross everyone out too.

Gotta go. I'm making porcupine meatballs for dinner. With real porcupines.

Kiwi
Old 11-21-2002, 06:23 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

PEACHES, MY SAILING FRIENDS ARE ANCHORED IN DESTIN AT THIS VERY MOMENT!
Old 11-21-2002, 06:41 PM   #7  

Default Doggie gross out stories

Sorry, Lush, but I just gotta tell it. --- My weiner dog once ate an entire pan of beef broth. We then took her on a ride in DH's truck. She was sitting in my lap, but DH reached over and scratched her ears. She was so grateful she leaned over and put her big brown eyed weiner dog face on his lap, and let loose !! Now you gotta understand what a weak stomach DH has. He pulled over to the side of the road, gagging and yelling, jumped out of his truck. I couldn't help laughing uncontrollably. He still hasn't forgiven me for that one. She was my baby before I had babies. Geez, I miss that little weiner dog.

MMMM. Porcupine meatballs w/ real porcupines. Could you come over and do something w/ all the possums on the road?

The only reason I go to a hairdresser is I have bad, bad hair. You have lovely flaxen tresses, Kiwi. And I have gone to the same hairdresser for at least 15 years, so I have to continue to go to her. She depends on me. Also I would miss her, she's a sweetie, even if she did mess up on my color this time.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:09 PM   #8  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

FIRST, I did not intend to go cruising other than Christmas. Just pointing out the cheap price.

SECOND, it's good to pay for fundraisers up front. DS sold $481 worth of popcorn for a fundraiser and all but one person paid up front. All but her have been personally delivered to. She has to be tracked down.

BUT you're so right. No one in my office will buy from these people again.

The dirt has been burned and weighed. I don't know what comes next because I'm only the mom and not smart enough. I do know it's due by Tuesday though. Therefore, I am the naggy mom
Old 11-21-2002, 11:56 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

woowee, that was a good one, Wabbit! Made me laugh, anyway...

Your DS is just an angel, Peaches. I've just never been asked to pay up front for fundraiser orders. If that one who I ordered the cookie dough from had taken money from me, I'd have been on her doorstep drooling with a glazed look in my eyes.

Oh by the way, the next step in the burned dirt project is to smoke it.

Kiwi
Old 11-22-2002, 12:32 AM   #10  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I fergot to say how sorry I am to hear about Wabby's hair. We need a cow hairdresser to serve us all. Except Kiwi. But, Wabby, you're always finding things about your gorgeous, funny, lovable self that aren't perfect. We had another cow once who had breast surgery. Remember? She discussed her lingerie quite a bit. Wabby, I THINK YOU'RE PERFECT AS IS.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:36 AM   #11  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Smoking dirt? Spider experiments? Am I in the twilight zone? I havn't been posting cause I havn't felt very well. I post on another tread and my diary and by the time I get here I am to tired. Please forgive me?
It has been a sad week in Longview. Saturday there was a 5 year old in my neighborhood that burned himslef up in a fire. He was playing with matches and was in a closet. His babysitter Aunt was downstairs at a friends apartment and the kid died. Neighbors did get the baby out though. Yesterday morning a Mom killed her 5 year old daughter in the other side of my neighborhood. I guess the school is having greig counsleors this week. The 2 kindergarten teachers are out all week bing sad. I say suck it up teachers cause your other kids need you now really bad. Don't I sound like a cold hearted *****? I understand they are sad but the girl just started this month so how close were they in that time? With there being 3 days the kids havn't gone and the last week being half days and the kindgarteners having half that time to go to school?
I loved the story about the dog and the greese and the dogs and the deer guts. Sorry but I am just a gross humored old bag huh?
Dahlia I forgot to say HI and welcome here I am the other newest member here and have been posting her a couple of months. These are great ladies and ful of humor as you can see.
Daphne
Old 11-22-2002, 06:14 AM   #12  
fatter than U

Talking I'm worth a fortune

The reason I could not post for days and days is because I was at the dentist getting my shiny new gold inlay. I look like a gypsy pirate now. No, you can't see it - second molar from the back, left side. Let's just call it my first Christmas display.

Actually, I had one of those "feel like cr*p weeks" and just couldn't bear to post.

Peachy! ALL the eligible bachelors will be on *your* cruise. You simply musssst take advantage of every single bingo night and shuffleboard tournament. I would forget about the 7$ too. They will have learned their lesson when they never ever sell anything to anyone again.

Sorry about the hair, Wabby! But I'm sure you look lovely. Will it fade a little, or is it the kind that has to grow out? Gretchen, my parents' wiener dog used to pee with pleasure every time anyone scratched her tummy. I think you're a great candidate for br*ast r*duction s*urgery seeing as how you did so well with the tummy thing.

Hi Dahlia! Let me introduce myself. Second sweetest member and youngest too when Cherry cow isn't around. I'm Canadian but somehow ended up here in this enchanting (NOT) European town with a dh and two engergetic boys. My hobbies are eating and avoiding the butcher's wife.

Hey Kiwi! I read your dentist rant in your journal. Good one! I'm still waiting for the novocaine to wear off.

Lush, your lists have been motivating me. Really. I've even written lists of my own. Go for the lit up reindeer. I suggested it to dh but he said "Absolutely not, what would the neighbours think?2

Geez, Brattie- I think you need to move. And I think you're right about the teachers needing to be there for the kids.

Getting a slight headache. Better go eat lunch.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:58 PM   #13  

I always thought Sugar P was so sweet and adorable until she pointed out to the world how she's younger than me.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:38 PM   #14  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

OK can I get a return on a rotten step child? He feels he had a great day because he was talked to once at school for behavior and once on the bus for not sitting the right way. He is ready to be kicked off the bus for his behavior there. So can I kick him outta my house for being rotten?
Daphne

Last edited by dabrat; 11-22-2002 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:01 PM   #15  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

What's a sted child? No, you have to keep him whatever he is. Buy him a six-pack of playstation games and a big box of oreos.

Sugar, am I the sweetest? Is that what you meant? Yes, I hope this cruise has tONS of teenagers and activities for THEM so I CAN BE FREE to go do adult things like play bingo and shuffleboard.Thanks, Sugar. Why don't you come? Kiwi won't come. Kiwi is selfish.

I made the best salad yesterday. Everyone else make it too.
  • Put chicken breasts in crockpot
  • Take them out a long time later
  • Put salad greens in a bowl
  • Thinly slice cucumber in the bowl
  • Add feta cheese
  • Cut up the chicken and put it on top of other stuff
  • Add sundried tomatoes
  • Go get another bowl
  • Add wine vinegar (not a ton or anything)
  • Add olive oil (about 3x as much as vinegar)
  • Squirt some hot mustard in it
  • Mix this up
  • Pour it over the salad
Kissies huggies You are all so GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Closed Thread