3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Treating ourselves royally, behaving like royalty in 2011

Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #301
wsw

amarantha-hope you are feeling better!

i checked out MyNetDiary app and liked it, and got it.

food plan going well, and so is exercising. very happy about that. lots to do, so must away. thinking of all our lovely royals, and sending greetings and good thoughts.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #302
wsw

hello, dear royals!

hanging in there on plan, and keeping up with exercise. ready for this stupid cold to go away already. it is the cough that is driving me bonkers. nice out today, and was able to get out and get an errand or two done. there is a looooooooong walk down to the lobby and then parking is challenging here at my new digs also, so i am having to make sure i am organized when i leave my apartment with things i want to bring with me cuz if i forget it, there is no going back. i am trying to get more used to this. an example is that i like to bring a different cd down to my car depending on what i am in the mood to listen to, but many a day i have forgotten to bring one down, so i am listening to more radio in the car than i used to. if i forget to bring down letters to mail, they just have to wait til i can get back downstairs. note to self: in next apartment, will check out parking situation carefully, and probably need to find a smaller building. otherwise, though, the view in my apt. does make up for a lot of aggravation or other challenges regarding where i am living. having said all that, i am still glad that i made this transitional move. am continuing to enjoy the actual apartment itself very much. going to condo tomorrow with potential real estate agent to check out the possibilities on that front.

well, hope all royal palace dwellers are having a good evening. take care, all.

Last edited by wsw : 02-26-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #303
Empress/Queen

Glad you are enjoying your place, wsw! Good luck on the condo potential!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #304
wsw

thanks, amarantha!

so far so good with food plan today. lots to do, so off i go. salutations to all in and around the palace!

Last edited by wsw : 02-27-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #305

Hello all,

Thanks for the encouraging words Empress and WSW---I agree that stress anything (eating, drinking, etc) is tricky. Its okay in moderation but for most of us, who only has 'moderate' stress??? Of course, I don't mean we are all living as they do on Survivor ( and that would be very stressful for me!)

Anyway, I need to learn many more ways to deal and release stress than eating.
Will be joining the Y this week. I know there is a current 'sale' on the sign up fee, and was told a better sale begins in March. Swimming is what I am go to do. Or just water 'aerobics'.....lol, was laughing today when I saw a Zumba commercial and realized, its just the same aerobics.....different name, different music...but there's a big lesson in there too. We have to keep it interesting to keep doing it.

So. The past week has been better for me. I can enjoy pleasant weather and the dogs doing funny things. But have to be very watchful of things/situations that are too much for me. Had to make decisions on distancing myself from some people who do not realize how much I have changed. For the most part, they are very kind. They are members of a caretakers support group I belonged. In the group, everything said was confidential. Now, they want to meet outside the group and things are not confidential. And the questions!!!
I was asked a few which were neutral but some of the others who are no longer caregivers...... one gentleman has begun dating and the questions just went on and on. He didn't seem upset when they asked but later, someone took a cell phone photo of all of us and I noticed the next day when I recvd the photo....He had both hands outstretched with the middle finger on both hands raised. Being funny? Or more so?

Wsw---I can so relate to everything being different and having to plan what to take when going to the car. Been doing a lot of that myself.

Empress--I was thinking of possible diet websites but .....not so sure. I really want to get moving first. Swimming is supposed to be also be very meditative, very good for stress. I plan on walking again as well but right now, too out of shape to get that good feeling from a walk. I am so clumsy lately!
But, might check in with you for tips on the program you like so much. For me, it would all be online.

Anagram--its so hard when a loved one needs hospice. I am sending you a big hug. Perhaps you could share your photo of the flowers here?

Take care all
Dogs barking!!

Today is the day!
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #306
Empress/Queen

Kaylets, as far as My Net Diary, it is the app that is so helpful, the website is just a backup for the info on the app.

There are some good diet sites out there. I like posting online. I love this one but there aren't always posts or I can't get on for weeks because of some technical issues. Lol, I also post a lot on Facebook and though I talk vaguely of diet things if someone else does I don't go heavily into it. I like the old fashioned diet sites for that.

Kudos for you for the water aerobics. I can't do that (would drown lol).

Zumba is really a lot of infectious fun as long as you get a really good instructor. I've taken a lot of different Zumba classes and that is what makes the difference, in my opinion.

Wsw, congrats on the food plan. I am a bit high today, which is par for the course on Monday!

Anagram, also sending hugs. Wood Nymph huzzah to you and huzzah to all royals near and far.

Kaylets, I think I would like to go to an island and play Survivor with a lot of people.

I am really in need of people right now and feeling alienated and kind of "left behind" lol.

True, who has moderate stress? I'd feel wonderful if I could eat a huge piece of cake or a donut and a vanilla protein shake.

Isn't that crazy?
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #307
wsw

kaylets-it is important to be sweet and gentle with yourself and as you said, to be watchful of situations that are too much for you. i know that sure is easier said than done, though! believe me---i know. lol! glad the past week has been better for you.

amarantha-who has moderate stress is right! lol! my neck is so knotted up right now. i was thinking about how you refer to "demon" scale sometimes. yesterday, i was about ready to throw mine out the window. i had been quite stellar of late and thought the scale should reflect said behavior, but alas, it did not. after thinking a few choice words to myself, i tried to remember that eventually this hard work will pay off.

i had been feeling kind of "left out" a bit too of late. i'm in an unusual situation here where i don't really fit in with the senior community but i can't get around physically the way my friends can, and sometimes that feels a bit alienating to me (not because of my friends, though, who are lovely.) anyway, all things considered i am very grateful to be able to get around as well as i do.

speaking of gettng around, this morning i talked with the owner of the restaurant where i will have my food delivered from for my party at the end of next week, and it sounds like it will be good. it's good, healthy, food and sounds like it will be nice. i still have a lot to do to get ready for it, but i am glad i decided to have it "catered." i picked what sounds like a good combination of foods, so there should be something that appeals to everyone.
i emailed my friends no birthday gifts necessary, because they are all my presents. funny (and childish thing) was it took me a while to send the email once i decided to do it, thinking hey, presents even at my age are kind of fun. lol! i really want this party though to be a gift to my close friends because they truly are terrific.

stayed op today, and got exercising in even though wanted to have a little amnesia about it all.

hello to anagram and arabella, and all who are in and around the palace!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #308

Default Remembering the Crown

Good Morning Royals!

Wsw, your birthday plans sound sublime....how gracious and regal that you're celebrating your friends on your birthday! And of course, I agree, it would be hard for me to say "No gifts please" ....but again, I too, owe many thanks to many people in my life too.

Gratitude makes a difference for me---even with bittersweet memories--perhaps that's redundancy---perhaps that's what makes the sweet in bittersweet, the gratitude. And for me at least, gratitude is so close, almost next door to laughter..........

Empress---as for tracking, I may just go 'old school' and use paper and pencil ; on the other hand, figuring the values of what I am eating is so far more complicated than listing them. It is handy to create a history of "1 cup plain, non fat yogurt" for easy reference.

Food in general has been tough as I was spoiled and did little cooking. And, usually, we shared the same meals---there were very few 'special order' meals. Just this week, it suddenly hit me, I can eat ONLY my very favorites if I like--This was very enlightening. I am also surprised at what a lightbulb moment it was......Its a big help to me as it can help me focus on "This is one of my very favorites...." It helps get me thru the cooking prep which is a stress trigger for me. It also makes a real difference if its a quick cooking meal. I find my stress is much reduced. So.... you may wonder what I have been eating .....
LOLOLOL......you know me so well, knowing I am also the Queen of Tightwads.... I have calculated if I eliminate icecream purchases ( even at sale prices!!), I can afford shrimp.

In other words, I am eating as a queen might---what, when, how. I didn't even realize until I put into words yet, that is exactly it....

A classic and one of my favorites

Thought of the day:

"There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Mahatma Ghandi

Today is the day!

Last edited by Kaylets : 03-01-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #309
wsw

Kaylets - you are always so insightful. your insights about your situation help me to examine my own more thoroughly and honestly too.

Like the thought of the day.

Not sure if this will even post. Had a lot of trouble getting on here today.
Just wanted to check in and say hello to royal kingdom.
Planning easy , quick meals for myself works best for me, but in my case it is only because I just don't like cooking. Lol! Well, need to get to some chores.
Thinking of you all. Take care.

[/color][/b]

Last edited by wsw : 03-03-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #310
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Red face

Happy March, Queenlies! Here we are still in 2011 and it is, I think, time to move on. Sooooo... going to post my post and then make a new thread so we can get on with 2012, it being the year we have to deal with now.

Sorry for being AWOL so much. Combination of stuff, really... busyness, travel, minor illness, doldrums. I've also locked myself out of non-work related sites during the work day in the interests of productivity.

I'm up 5 fluffies since Christmas -- January and February weren't good. Not getting my 10k steps every day, only getting to hot yoga sporadically. Back on track now though and already feeling much better. I'm trying not to push too hard at yoga, so I don't get too tired to go.

Diet-wise, I'm working hard on eating only when I'm hungry, healthy food and not too much. Committing, once again, to only eating at the table when I'm alone. And to maintain that, I need to make sure I've got enough pleasures in my life that I don't feel deprived and "need a treat."

Amarantha, I concur on the Zumba! It can be so much fun but the wrong instructor can spoil it. I need to get more dancing into my life -- always loved it. I've got an oldies music channel through cable. At the very least, I could crank it once in a while and dance to some of my old favorites.

I've been trying to figure out how to compensate for stupid "tethered to desk" job and some frantic flailin' to the oldies might be just the thing.

Kaylets, what an emotional time this has been for you! I'm so impressed by your attention to what's going on and your ability to see how you need to respond to it.

Things really are better when the weather improves, aren't they. And loving your "eating like a " concept. AHA! Back to that question of "what is it we really want" and trying to make sure that's what we get. More lobster for me, not to mention more FUN!

WSW, I'm so glad to hear you're settling into your new home, even if interim. Have you availed yourself of the salon yet? It's great that you're going to be able to take your time and find the perfect permanent place. I just felt that your last condo was not suitable for your royal self! And I'm loving your birthday party idea. I've done the same.

Anagram, it sounds like Valentine's Day was not a sweet one in the palace in general. Like any other day here, which sounds like it was a blessing.

Also sounds like you need to find another realtor. Sheesh! I thought they wanted to make money?

K, Lovelies, I'm off to have some steel-cut oats with cranberries and then walk DH to work. Love to all!

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #311
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Heading to the Spring Palace

The windows are open, fresh air is filling the Palace. Cushions are fluffed, a fire laid and the kettle's on. The gardens are in bloom. Let's head over to the Spring Palace!

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.