3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

The Onederland Express - Hop on Here! #4

Old 01-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #46
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all for the encouraging words. I am hoping this week I will break through and get out of this stage. I think I need to expand my food options. Get more variety for snacks and meals.

tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #47

S/C/G: 233/142.8/135

Height: 5'4"

T - I need some more variety too. I'm looking for some new recipes and some new things I can try - I quite honestly normally eat almost the same thing every single day, with few exceptions. I found a turkey meatloaf recipe I am planning on trying tonight.

Mel - Hope everybody at your house is feeling better!!

Well hope everybody is enjoying January so far - freaking cold, man! I already have spring fever. Bundling the kids up every time we need to go anywhere is unbeleivably annoying, lol. Anyhow I'll check back later but have a great day, ladies!
Weekly Accountability Weigh-in: 142.6 lbs, January 14 2013 Working on getting back to maintenance (135-138)

sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #48
It is what it is...

Morning everyone ...i am feeling a bit better today, I realized it was my sinus' that were hurting so bad and giving me the bad headaches, cause it was all in my eyes, bridge of my nose and some in my teeth...got some Advil Sinus and am starting to feel better again ...

Am so proud of myself for the no soda since last week ...and have cut way back on my eating this week but wasnt counting calories, starting that this weekend...had to start back slow you know...already had enough headache pain

I am so glad I get a three day weekend due to MLK day on MOnday...I could so use it after the week I have had...just need to recoup and relax for the three days, and sleep in !!!!

Liz and T - I have also tried the spaghetti squash and didnt like it, but I am like Liz - very picky - so I just dont think it is my thing ...dh does low carb and so he likes it to use with sauces since he doesnt do pasta.

Mel - hope dh is feeling better and everyone in your house is healthy again.

Auntie G - dont bring up the football games...you cant imagine how sad and mad I was after our game and our loss ...just devastated, I hate when football season is over, and this was cut way too short ...yeah I watched BL on Tuesday ...i am so over them not showing the trainers, enough already we arent children - its just stupid now, haha

Hi to everybody else and have a great day !!!

See ya !

Carri

Carri

Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #49

Height: 5'7"

I missed you guys! I have been working 12 hour days and when I got home i didn't even want to look at the computer..but I kept thinking about all of you.

I was disappointed because we didn't have TOPS last night, due to the fact that the member who gets the key to the building forgot to get it and when she remembered she couldn't go get it because they were gone. Oh, well..if I did well..which I think I did and I keep on track for next weekend..which I WILL, then I'll have a big loss....right? I just so wanted to see how my efforts were paying off.

So, I decided to journal about the payoffs that I can feel physically, and emotionally because I'm working hard to stay in my calorie range, seeking and giving support and motivation, drinking my water instead of soda, and getting in workouts. Doing that exercise really helped me to want to work hard at it all again this week.

I will say that I missed a couple of workouts that I didn't want to miss, but I thought if I worked out at lunch and took that hour then I was going to be working a 14 hr day and I didn't want to do that!

I have Monday off work and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll do personals later..just wanted to pop in. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #50
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Afternoon ladies...sorry I have been MIA but apparently Logan and I caught what DH and Cody had. I was so looking forward to everyone feeling better but this is just another set back. Hope everyone is doing well, I'm off to rest some more!

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
199 Onederland!!11/19/10! 195 first goal!1/8/11 185
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
Starting over 11/29/11 @ 204.2...come on onederland!
7/4/12 189.0!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #51
One Day at a Time...

Morning everyone. Weighed in at 195.4 so up .8 but with all the mucus going on I am not surprised. I am just ready to feel better and move on. Oh and Dh got his way and we now have a 9 week old famale cockapoo. It was a long night.....lol

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
7/4/12 189.0!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #52

Ever have a day where everything was just messed up? Today has been that sort of day for me. It's left me feeling quite cranky.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a much better day and my "chi" will be back in order.

I didn't journal my food today but other than 1 dip of ice cream at UDF I have done well..and I'm really ok with having that ice cream...I LOVE ice cream and don't keep it in my house because of that. So, if I really want it I have to go somewhere to get it. I'm happy I kept it to one scoop but I ate it out of pure frustration from the day and that upsets me. I do not want to comfort myself with food. That is why I am overweight...I want to work through my feelings..feel them, deal with them and keep on track.

Any input you have would be appreciated.

Rtsmme4life: I hope you get to feeling better and I hope the dog situation gets better too.

I'm headed to bed..and I will wake up in a much better frame of mind tomorrow and if not, then I will do something positive to change it. See you all tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #53
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up

Good morning, Wimmen! Hope everyone's set up for a nice Sunday. We slumped in bed and read the papers, drank some tea. Now I've moved on to coffee and gearing up to go out for our long Sunday walk.

I managed to get two off this week. Tomorrow I head off on a business trip -- only a few days but it's so hard to eat right travelling and then when I'm at the meetings I'm at the mercy of whatever they're serving. And then, for whatever reason, flying seems to make me retain fluid.

I'll just do my best -- I'm packing some Larabars and some nuts so I can have something acceptable and skip whatever else. I really would like to see another couple of pounds off this week. Shall keep that in mind.

Susie, we are SO fighting the same battle. I've seen women lose all the weight they need to and STILL never lose the obsession/addiction. And I do think it's possible to get over it. But I know full well that, at least with me, it is an addiction.

I like that you're managing this, controlling your portions when you have something extra. But I also totally get that you don't want to eat from frustration. I once followed a plan where I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, but only if I was hungry and only enough to satisfy the hunger. On that plan, the ice cream would become part of what you ate when you were actually hungry. What I found was that when I was physically hungry I almost always wanted healthy stuff.

Mel, OMG. I hope DH is at least going to help out with the pup. At least it's not a 6-weeker...

Liz, you and me both! It hasn't even gotten as cold as usual around here but I'm sick of the snow, sick of having to dress up, sick of walking on ice. Bring on spring!

Carri, have you tried a neti pot? I've always had sinus trouble and caught a lot of colds but the neti pot has worked wonders. Even makes me feel clearer-headed, which is definitely a bonus.

T, I admire you for getting yourself to think spaghetti squash is a good substitute for pasta. If I could only convince myself! I kept hearing how kale chips are a delicious substitute for potato chips. Made some and tasted them and thought "these people are DELUDED!"

Auntie g, the fun and self-pampering make all the difference in the world but I so rarely make the effort. And then I feel like life is crap. Work, housework, grocery shopping, cooking. I get so my favorite part of the day is getting into bed at night. We're supposed to enjoy life, right? I vow to try harder! Are ya with me?

Okey-dokey. Coffee's almost gone and DH is getting antsy. May not get a chance to post again until the end of the week -- so see y'all lighter, hey?

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #54
one pound at a time

sept15lija- Mmmm, I LOVE turkey meatloaf. The recipe on WW is fab!!! We don't eat ground beef so everything is ground turkey breast here. I am the exact same way! I eat the same basic things everyday. Snacks are the EXACT same everyday. It's getting old. I have got to find some new ideas.

Satine- I guess it's just an acquired taste. lol I love the stuff. I eat it at least once a week. I am a total veggie fanatic though.

Arabella- I don't know I guess I am just weird. lol I actually prefer it to pasta because it doesn't leave me feeling bloated and sluggish. It doesn't hurt that it is 0 points per serving for me either.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #55
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

T, I totally understand the point of it. And I'm apt to try it myself -- the 0 points and low carbs would definitely help. I use brown rice pasta and small portions so it doesn't make me feel bloated but I'm sure the squash would be fantastic, diet-wise. I wonder sometimes whether strips of zucchini wouldn't work well, too.

Not going to be the same as pasta but definitely more weight-friendly.

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #56
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, well time to man up so to speak and update to my current weight...I weighed in yesterday morning at 230.6 and as you can imagine I am pretty unhappy about it...this means I put on about 12-15 pds from Thanksgiving to christmas which I seem to do every year... But I am pleased to say that I started using my Lose It app on my Iphone again yesterday and was actually under my calories for the day by 52 cals so I feel pretty good about that although today i am pretty hungry...but will stay strong...just wanna get back into the 2 teens again as then I know I am back on my way

So there it is, and it is what it is I guess ....now I move on ...

Mel - I am so sorry that you guys are all sick again ...I know how much that sucks to just having everyone getting it in the house...hope you all get soon asap ....and congrats on the dog, I know it may not be something you want right now but I love doggies ...

T and Arabella - I eat the low carb pasta called Deerfields....buy it at KRoger, I cant really tell a difference in it, you guys might look into it sometime...I use it alot in the summer with making low carb pasta salads ...

Well I hope everyone has a good day...lazy Sunday for me and I am off tomorrow too, so that makes me feel better ...

See ya,
Carri

Carri

Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #57

S/C/G: 233/142.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girlies!!

Susie - I totally understand wanting to eat for comfort. I still do get a lot of comfort out of eating, to be honest. One of my daily habits is to have a big cup of tea with some arrowroot cookies (yum, me love baby cookies) after the kids are in bed to unwind. It's accounted for in my calories, but still it's something I do that makes me feel good. In terms of eating out of frustration, I'm trying to stop that....I try to go for a walk or call someone who will listen to me vent or something. It's a battle, there's no question there.

T - I need to check out that recipe, I haven't made it yet but need to soon!

Mel - Well, congrats on the dog! It was kind of like that at our house, only reversed....DH thought it was a bad idea and I kinda forced it, to be honest (there were tears involved, I'm sorry to say)....but now DH is happy we have her...thank goodness, lol. Anyhow post pics!!

Arabella - Hope you had a good walk! And congrats on the 2 pounds down! That's awesome. Good luck with your business trip - that can be tough for eating properly, but I know you'll do great!

Carri - Exactly, now you move on. And those hungry feelings will go away soon, as you know. YAY for a 3 day weekend for you!

We had DS' 3rd birthday party yesterday, total craziness but a lot of fun! He's sleeping it off at present. Tonight me and my sisters are going out for a couple of beers, so I'm saving calories for it right now and trying not to have my usual afternoon snack. So far so good, I am just drinking tea instead! I am down 1 pound for the week from my weigh in yesterday. My friend and I were talking about weight loss last night at the party and we're going to start swimming together - so I'm very happy about that! I went out and got a swimsuit today, so I'm ready to go (my old one was a little threadbare plus getting a little big). Anyhow happy Sunday everyone!
Weekly Accountability Weigh-in: 142.6 lbs, January 14 2013 Working on getting back to maintenance (135-138)

Last edited by sept15lija : 01-16-2011 at 02:26 PM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #58
One Day at a Time...

Just a fly by post, I will write back to personals later.

We had the puppy last night and all of a sudden her head started swelling and her left eye could barely stay open. It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Well we called her breeder and told her and shes like "Oh thats weird, I thought she may be sick when you took her but wasnt sure". I called a vet and they said that sounds strange and they would have to do a battery of tests to figure out what was wrong. As bad as it sounds we took her back to the breeder bc we couldnt afford all the tests and stuff they wanted to do. It sounds weird but it almost felt like a sign that we werent meant to have a dog (which was my gut feeling anyways). The breeder was going to take her to the vet and keep us updated on her. After only having her a short time I am ok with her going as long as she gets a good home. My life is so busy with both boys (logan is still sick going to see if I can get him into the dr tmw) Dh,a house and tons of appts that it just isnt right that we have a dog.

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
7/4/12 189.0!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #59

It's been a lazy day for me today. I actually took a nap this afternoon and feel much more calmer and the feeling to reach out for comfort food isn't there. So, maybe that is my answer--rest instead of eat?

Rtsmme4life: I hope they figure out what is wrong with that puppy. I think you are right to say you just felt like it was too much for you to take on right now. I think that if those of us who deal with overweight issues would not take on to much when we feel we shouldn't we wouldn't have issues with being overweight. It's all about learning to say no to what we don't need or even really want sometimes.

sept15lija: have a great time out with your sisters and congratulations on seeing the scales move down another pound. Enjoy the new swimsuit..you have worked hard to get to it.

Satine: Using that app on your phone will be a very good thing. Good for you for starting to use it.

Arabella: Trying to lose weight when traveling for business can be hard. Just remember that they usually have water pitchers on the tables so make use of that to fill you up. Don't feel that you have to eat all of everything they bring to you. Does your hotel have a workout room? Maybe you can use that.

tschaff04: It's nice you have those "go-to foods" to help keep you in your point range. I'm sure you can find some new things too eat as well so you don't get bored with the same thing all the time.

Ok..time to clean up the kitchen and then watch Desperate Housewifes.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #60
one pound at a time

Arabella- Mmmm, I LOVE zuchinni, I have heard of doing that before. I think I may need to try it. Yum!

Satine- When I do use actual pasta I use Ronzoni Garden Delight fettuccine. It's so yummy and has a full serving of vegetables per 4 oz.

So I discovered pure love tonight. lol I decided to try the Laughing Cow Light Queso and Chipotle wedges. I found some tortilla wraps that are only 1 point per wrap and pretty big. I smeared a wedge on that and added a few slices of deli turkey with slices of tomato! OMG it was sooooooo yummy. I plan to try it again tomorrow with egg whites and mushrooms. Mmm

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.