Old 04-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #451  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Susie- I will pass on the tip about getting out of your car to DH thank you

Carri- I totally understand your frustration, it can be so aggravating seeing the scale not move! I don't want to maintain here but feel like I don't have a choice at this point Have you tried to have one higher calorie day and see if it helps? I always felt like if I went to bed hungry then I was doing the right thing, I honestly don't know if it helped or not Please don't give up, you can do this!!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #452  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

G'mornin' *yawn* We had a choir practice until after 10 last night but both have to work this a.m. We did get out for a walk and will walk again this afternoon going to the church where the performance is, so I'll get all my steps in plus.

Carri, don't get frustrated by the scales not showing a loss in four days! You know how weightloss works -- it's rarely even: a few come off, then it's stable, then a few more. And you've had good losses. I bet you're still well over your planned 2 pounds a week since you got going again. What day is your official WI?

Susie, the way I figured out I was sensitive to wheat was sort-of accidental. One day I just suddenly felt GREAT -- had energy, was in a good mood, not achy -- and thought "What did I do differently yesterday?" I realized I hadn't eaten any wheat. And since then, I've "demonstrated" the same effect over and over.

Why don't you try a few days without and see what happens? You'll need to plan what you'll be eating because otherwise you feel like there's nothing you CAN eat.

Wheat's the worst for me but carbs in general make me feel tired and sluggish.

Mel, I love a good storm -- I'd be more likely to stay up till 2 to watch it. Of course I know they can be dangerous but they're just so spectacular! Hope your DH's back problems are better soon. They can be so incapacitating!

Liz, my mom is almost incapable of walking, almost entirely from being overweight and sedentary. She would say it's from arthritis.

She has problems with her back and her knees. It's very frustrating for me but... it's her choice, I guess. All I can do is make sure I'm never in that position.

Auntie g, hope all is well your way.

All right -- I'm supposed to be working, so Hi Ho, Hi Ho... Let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Carri - I'm sorry the scale isn't rewarding your hard work....did you have a whoosh lately though? I thought you had moved down quickly...I found I would have one really good week, then a so-so week, and then another whoosh a week or so later...anyways like Arabella said, it's not very linear. But, it is frustrating!!

Susie - Glad you're feeling better, headaches that won't go away are terrible!!

Mel - I bet you if you maintain for a while you'll still find yourself slowly losing. And practicing maintenance is a very good thing, I think. I'm finding it challenging so far.

Arabella - That's too bad you have to work on Good Friday! Good luck with your performance!!

Busy long weekend so far...usually DH is not around on the weekends but with his new job he is here for a 3 day weekend, for the first time in pretty much forever! So we're doing lots of stuff and keeping busy, I wonder when the novelty of having him here will wear off?? lol
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #454  
It is what it is...

MOrning Girls, after yesterdays weigh in I kind of went down hill ...I did have two choc chip cookies in the afternoon...and then for dinner i had Chilis takeout, with alot of chips and queso with some Reese cups for dessert ...I do plan on going right back on plan today but I was in a bad place yesterday and just needed to eat something and not give a crap about how many calories it had in it ...Today we are going to Charlestons ( a steak house ) with dh's family for lunch and I plan on having the grilled chicken.

Hope you guys have a great weekend and a nice Easter.

See ya
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls! Another 2.5 down today. I hardly got to go walking this week, but I also didn't have much time to think about eating bad. DH got out of the hospital on Wednesday- he's gonna be fine. Turned out to be a staph infection and we got there in the nick of time, before it got even worse than it was. It really was scary last Saturday! He had injured his elbow 2 weeks earlier, but didn't think anything of it. He banged it again last Friday, and apparently that's when it started going downhill. Anyway, it's all good now.

Liz, I definitely laughed at your comment about the novelty wearing off of DH being around more. I had this crazy 5 days with mine in the hospital, feeling sorry for myself cause I had to do EVERYTHING. When he came home, I realized that I ALWAYS do everything, but now I have him irritating me on top of it! LOL- I love him, but seriously, sometimes he drives me up the wall. Kinda looking forward to his church camping trip next weekend... Is that bad? LOL!

Carri, I was having the same kind of week as you- staying the same every morning, but then it dropped today. That's how it seems to work for a me a lot of the time. So just hang in there! If you're behaving, it will come off! We probably shouldn't weigh every day, but I know I'm not gonna stop. When I stop weighing, I stop behaving. Should probably work on that. Now stay away from those cookies!

Mel, glad your DH doesn't have an organ problem! Hope the back gets straightened out!

Arabella, woo hoo for the good days! You keep making me think about the low carb thing, but I still don't know if I could do it. I don't care much for meat, so grain is sorta my thing. Though I did sneak a hardboiled egg today- I never make them except at Easter. It was mighty delicious! Maybe I should remember to make them once in a while. Good luck staying wine-free for Easter!

Susie, we've been barraged with rain and storms here, too. I never really paid attention to the timing of my headaches in relation to that, but now I'm putting it together. Interesting, very interesting... It's been raining cats and dogs most of the day so far here- hope you're in the clear!

OK, time to get busy. Hope you all have a nice Easter, and don't let that Easter bunny trick you into eating too much! LOL, lucky for me, he usually misses my house. Have a good one!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #456  

Quick post. The scales are not making me happy. Time to get back to recording calories and fat and carbs and also journaling my thoughts. I WILL reach my first goal of getting being able to wear that shirt that I have hanging up in my bedroom on my Birthday is about 6 weeks.

We had the painters come on Friday to paint the living room, dinning room and hall. They have to come back. One of the colors were off--and it looks like I have a watermark around the bottom and top of the room on the walls where the macadamia color goes. I was upset at first but it's a easy fix they tell me, so I'll choose to not stress.

Have a Happy Easter everyone. I might make it back to post personals tomorrow but I"m not for sure.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #457  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ...hope everyone had a great Easter weekend...I had a good weekend, well not too good food wise, but other than that I had a good one...we spent alot of time looking around for property we might want to buy should we put our house up for sale.

I kind of went off diet for the whole weekend...I just needed a weekend of not caring I guess...so anyway it is what it is and is done...

Have a great day all !!!

Carri
Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #458  

lol auntie g - Yeah maybe it will be wake up call that I do all the work too!! haha now that I think about it, Saturday's my big cleaning day, and guess who's not usually around Saturdays?? You got it!! Although DH is pretty good, he'll help if I ask him to...guess I need to start asking! Congrats on 2.5 down!!!

Susie - Hope the colours got fixed?? That would upset me too! And you can do it - recording everything, I've come to realize, is just SO important.

Carri - How was your grilled chicken? We posted at the same time, so edited to add: I think we need days sometimes of not worrying (too much) about it....I am working that into my life now too. Are you thinking of moving? We're contemplating that too, although probably not for a couple of years.

Hope everybody had a good Easter, we did! Things are getting kind of weird with my sisters though...one of them was complaining that she is now the "fat" sister and the other one congratulated me for now being smaller than her, as if that were my goal?? Also I think it's so weird how people think it's A-OK to ask about how much I weigh now (I had two people ask me this weekend at different points)...I need to think of a good response, other than NOYB!!!

Last edited by sept15lija; 04-25-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #459  
It is what it is...

Yeah, no grilled chicken, I ended up having a big ol' cheeseburgar, haha...i was in a bad place Friday with the no loss and it just carried over, sorry to say...yeah we were gonna move last Summer but then decided not to so we are rolling it over again this summer...I am pretty stressed out about it, which probably reflects in how I ate over the weekend, but not going to let it get to me...it is just very hard to sell a house while trying to find what you want, and making it all work out at the same time...
Old 04-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #460  

You are so right! It's so scary, do you put your house up first or find the perfect house first? If you find the perfect house, then you have to put an offer in conditional on selling, and you might lose it. Anyways it is stressful. Are you looking for something a bit bigger or a different locale? I really want to move to a more rural location one day, with a bit of land and fewer neighbours.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #461  
It is what it is...

We are looking for exactly what you said...we want to be out of our neighborhood and just out with some land and fewer neighbors...I think as you get older you want quiet more, haha...we love our house but it is a bit big for us, 4 bedrooms, full basement, about 3100 square feet ...we just want about 3-4 acres and a nice house...not as easy to find around here though as I thought...and yeah selling when you live in a house is so hard...we did it about 7 years ago and our house sold in 2 weeks and then we had to run around like crazy trying to find something...this time if ours sells fast we are going to go into an apt for a while so we can take our time and find what we want ...
Old 04-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #462  

Hi Everyone. I had a wonderful time yesterday for Easter. Our church services were awesome and then we were with my brother and his new babies. I made Bunnies for them at Build a Bear--Asher--the 5 week old didn't notice (of course--he is going to have to be a little older to play with it) but Aiden, the 16 month old, kept cooing at it and hugging it....it made me so happy to see him happy.

My DH and I recorded a message to both the boys on this recordable part that is put inside and when the push on the bunny's paw it plays. I also got them Children's Bibles with their names on them. It was such a GREAT Easter!

Cari: I think it's good to have a "whatever" day or couple of them once in awhile. So, with that sad, I hope you enjoyed them but it's time to get back on track! I don't want to see you undo all you have been working so hard on. Selling/buying a house is a very stressful thing! I hope it all works smoothly for you.

Liz: I'll know when I go home tonight from work if things look ok with the rooms. I trust my contractor that he will make it right. He has done a lot of differnt work for us and he has always done it right..this is the first time we have had any issues.
I have a answer for you when people ask you what you weigh, tell them 95 lbs less than you did before and then just smile. That is my nice comeback, or you can so, "I believe it's less than you!" lol!! I bet they wouldn't ask again!
I was laughing when I was reading about how you and Cari want to live more rural. I was raised on a very rural farm with a lot of land and the house was big. I couldn't wait to move into town! I still feel that way.
You are so right that I can do the food journaling everyday. I do do it..and then I think, "I'm doing ok" and then I stop and then I get in trouble at the scales. This time, it's a part of my daily life!

Auntie G: GREAT job on the 2 lb loss.

Arabella: I'm going to try cutting out the wheat first and back on the carbs and see how it goes. Thanks for the information

Hi Mel!

Ok..I must get back to work so I can leave about an hour early so I can get home and check out the paint before it is late evening.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #463  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I've got to say, I totally rocked that holiday weekend. Didn't eat anything I shouldn't have, no alcohol. Even hosting a party for over thirty people. Where's that patting self on back smiley? Ah, I guess I'll just have a carrot: (Bananas are too high-carb.)

The whole week was excellent, yet I only lost .6. Maybe because I ate late the night before WI (was the party night, so I was too busy feeding people to stop to eat). Anyway, should be a good loss next week. I really think I should be able to lose at least 2 a week if I work hard enough. Time to hocusPokusFOCUS!

Susie, I'll be interested to see if that makes a difference for you! I find it almost impossible to lose weight when I'm eating wheat. And I just feel so crappy in general. Too bad it's in so many things!

Carri, I know that moving dilemma all too well, having been through it a few times. It's like a puzzle that the pieces have to fit into exactly for it to work. Hope you find your dream house in the perfect spot and yours sells at just the right time and the right price!

Auntie g Another 2.5 gone -- you're just rocketing down the scale. Congrats!

Funny about the realization re: DH/work. I figured that one out a while ago. I'm really liking the new schedule at my place.

Liz, I'm thinking that people just think that because you're not overweight now that you wouldn't be sensitive about it. DH has always been very nosy about my weight, whether I was overweight or not, and doesn't understand my inclination to keep it to myself.

Your sisters, now, they're just going to have to deal with it.

Mel

Let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #464  

Susie - I like your comeback although most of the people asking are ladies at church and I wouldn't be able to come out with that!! haha Mind you I am very non-confrontational in nature and am not good with saying anything anyways, sigh. Oh well! I love the gifts you chose for your nephews, sounds like they were a hit!! Very thoughtful. I am so bad at choosing gifts! Hope the paint looked good!

Arabella - Yeah you're probably right - although one thing I've learned is that the sensitivity to discussing your weight doesn't go away! Good for you for doing awesome over Easter! Parties are difficult - but I find when you're hosting you're so busy it actually helps, at least for me! Here's a broccoli for you.

Well I'm working on planning the rest of my week, and need to get to work! My company's "takeover" has been completed and we're just kind of holding our breath...my department is a very small guppy in a big ocean of fish but eventually we may catch the shark's attention, we'll see!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #465  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...I was back on track yesterday and doing great until right after dinner, then I saw I still had cupcakes left in the house and I had one, and then a couple of mini doughnuts...so I did good for 75% of the day anyway ...haha...going to be super strict today...I think part of my issue is that this is my TOM this week...only get one every three months so when I get one it is hard one me, I am hungry, and hot most of the time for some reason...so trying to fight that hunger is hard...but trying to get through it.

Auntie G - congrats on your 2.5 pds, you are doing a GREAT job !!!

Liz - hope your job can survive whatever is going on. I wouldnt worry about the nibby comments, I would be proud as h*ll to tell everyone what I weighed after all the hard work you have done...

Mel - Hi ...

Arabella - yeah, you and I are friends against carbs !!! lol ...friends unite !!!! They are simply evil, just kidding...but it does make a difference huh? not only in weightloss but also with how you feel overall. Yeah I am stressed over this moving thing, and we dont even have the house up yet ...what a pain ...

Susie - Yeah Susie, that is the hardest part of having a few days off is getting back on track...I am struggling with it right now as we speak...but I know I will get back on ...thanks for the encouragement...

It has been raining here for like 5 days, and a chance of it for the next 5-6 days...I like a rainy day once in a while but come on...need some sun already...hope you all have a good day, talk to you later.

Carri