3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

The Onederland Express - Hop on Here! #4

Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #31
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Arabella-Glad you are starting to feel better

Carri-Hope your belly gets better! I am over winter already!

Cody is doing a little better today, his fever is down but this cough is awful! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
199 Onederland!!11/19/10! 195 first goal!1/8/11 185
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
Starting over 11/29/11 @ 204.2...come on onederland!
7/4/12 189.0!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #32

Height: 5'7"

I didn't get my workout in today. I didn't take my stuff to work, thinking I would just go with DH to the Y when we got home from work tonight but I ended up working until 6:15 and then have a 45-hr commute home.

I've got my workout bag packed tomorrow for a lunch time workout. We are expecting 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow and Wednesday. I know if that is the case I won't want to go back out to the Y after I get home.

I also had a small slip and had a rootbeer when I got home from work--I did it as a reaction to feeling pressure at work. With year-end we have a lot of reports to run and information to clean up. I'm new in my role and having to figure a lot out as I go--that is why I have been working late and feeling a bit pressured. I will say that even if I had the rootbeer I did get past wanting to go get a pepsi and some M&M's around 3:30. That's a NSV!

Rtsmme4life: I'm glad your little one is starting to feel better. Sounds like you made the right decision for you concerning the dog.

Satine: I hope you get to feeling better. Sounds like we are going to get the same weather and I understand how inter can get you down. Usually by the beginning of March if it isn't warming up I find I need to go to the tanning bed for some light therapy. It is hard to not eat crappy but just remember warm weather is coming and we want to look good in our summer clothes.

Auntie G: Do you have your roly poly shoes on? Hope you are doing well!

Arabella: Sounds like you got a bit of energy on Sunday--good for you!

I'm headed to bed; I'll need to get up a little earlier tomorrow morning since the snow will add time to my commute.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 AM   #33

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Good morning, girls! Can't seem to shake the funk yet this week (and no roly poly shoes yet, Susie!). I thought I was doing better, but the reality of our financial situation keeps knocking me back down and I just can't get it together.

The snow's heading here, too- supposed to start this evening, and I'm expecting a day off tomorrow because of it. Hoping to work on my mental state today and get a shoveling workout tomorrow to get my butt in gear!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #34
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Funky

And now I just deleted my whole post trying to get used to this computer. Bah! I lost my energy yesterday after lunch and had a little binge mid-afternoon. Those of us who are miserable have a lot of company, at least. I keep hearing from women all over the place who say they've been down for quite a while now.

Did my this morning and then a little I've been getting at least 10k steps every day since Christmas. Just gotta keep going, keep doing and eventually I'll rise up out of the swamp.

Auntie g, I really have nothing to be miserable about -- and yet, somehow, I manage Sometimes I think there's just something in the atmosphere. I'm with you on that working on the mental state thing. Let's try to do something special for ourselves today.

Susie, I'm very impressed that when the stress got to you a single root beer was the extent of it. Kudos! I predict great things for you on the scale again this week.

Mel, glad your boy is on the mend!

Carri, you're right -- this year we do it! Aren't we going to be FABULOUS by the time the holidays roll around again?

K, I'm outta here before I delete another one. Let's make this one work for us!

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #35

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Can I join this thread? I can't wait to get to Onederland but I'm still really far away!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #36

S/C/G: 233/142.8/135

auntie g - Hugs, you've been dealt a hard blow, that's really difficult to deal with. I don't wonder why you're in a bit of a funk - I would be too, as would most all of us! Hope things look up VERY soon for you guys!

Susie - I feel a little like you, although I'm not in a new job I'm back after a year off and it's like you're starting all over again in a way - lots of pressure and new things to learn and it can be very stressful! Good for you for being so committed to working out! Hope the snow isn't too bad for your commute today.

Mel - Glad to hear Cody is doing better, Jacob is down with something and we're keeping him home from preschool today. Hope he's better by Thursday, that's his 3rd birthday!! We're having his party Saturday so we're trying to get ready - we're just having mostly family and a few of his litle buddies. Sorry to hear about the dog but it probably is for the best, it is a lot to take on in addition to what you've got already!

Carri - Hope you're feeling better!

Arabella - No it was Mel that was looking at possibly getting a yorkie, but I've got a german shepherd puppy, she's 5 months now. She's a sweetie but very rambunctious as you might expect! Glad you're feeling better - I get in those moods too and sometimes you're right; you just need to push through them.

Anyhow ladies, I should probably get some actual work done - but hope everybody has a great day!!

ETA: Spooky, we must have posted at about the same time!! Of course you can join and welcome! As you can see, I'm in onederland but these ladies are so awesome I refuse to leave.
Weekly Accountability Weigh-in: 142.6 lbs, January 14 2013 Working on getting back to maintenance (135-138)

Last edited by sept15lija : 01-11-2011 at 08:33 AM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #37

GREAT lunch time workout. I biked for 25 min and did the elliptical for 15 min. Don't you wish that post-workout feeling could stay with you 24/7!?

I'm taking a mini break from work and having my lunch. I brought a PBJ sandwich, asparagus and grilled apples.

The commute wasn't bad this morning. It had really just started snowing at the beginning of the commute. It's been coming down all day but it is coming down light and easy, I have heard that the roads are in pretty good shape, the salt/snow trucks can keep up with it. I hope to go to the Y tonight with DH for a 30 min walk and then come home and watch BL.

How many of you use a Ipod or MP3 player when you work out? What songs do you have on your play list that really get you going? I'm always looking for suggestions and I forget how many great old and new songs are out there. I just thought it would be fun to share some of that info.

sept15lija: hope you are having a great day!

Spooky: Welcome! I am new to the group but I have found these ladies to be WONDERFUL.

Arabella: Sounds like you started your day right! Good job.

auntie g: Finances can get a person down really quick! I have delt with some of that myself.

I lost my job 4 years ago, got a new one in about 3 months, then the business where my DH worked burnt down. They found a new place but were sold to another company in year, that company kept everyone for 6 months then let them go. My DH found another job in about 6 weeks, he has been there about 2 years and in October they asked them to take pay cuts. Meanwhile the job I found after I lost the job 4 years ago, sold my division to another company, who after 5 months decided to shut our location down, but luckly I was only off work for a month and then got hired back into a new postion by the company that had sold my other division.

During all of that, when I was down and worried, someone told me that overeating wouldn't change it so try to find something else to do that could. I thought that was blunt but they were so right and so when I feel a little bummed and try to comfort myself with food I try to remind myself of that. to you..I hope it gets better for you soon.

I better get back to work..I want to leave on time tonight!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #38

Hey gals!

We're pretty much snowed under today! Poor DH was out shoveling at 6am, before going to work. It's pretty from the view out my home office window, though! I feel bad for everyone that has to commute, though.

Can I just share that I am feeling really happy about where I am? Originally when I joined back up (AGAIN), I had a goal to be in the non-obese range by the time my kid's birthdays rolled around. Here I am, Jacob's birthday tomorrow, and Katie's in two weeks, and I am 10 pounds away from being in the normal range. I never thought I'd be here at this point and I'm so happy. Anyhow I'm sorry, just feeling happy about that today! Hope everybody has a wonderful day!
Weekly Accountability Weigh-in: 142.6 lbs, January 14 2013 Working on getting back to maintenance (135-138)

Old 01-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #39
It is what it is...

Morning ladies, still not feeling well, had yesterday off due to a bad diet/caffiene wdl headache, so just feeling down about that ( and still feeling some headache today ) and it is making me wanna eat and drink soda to feel better, but then I know I would be starting back all over again ...ugghhhh, I hate getting back into eating right the first week ....so hard to get through feeling like this

Auntie G - it is very understandable that you are having a hard time getting back into the groove with your current situation ...I hope your dh finds a job asap !!!!

LIz - yes you CAN say all that, because you have accomplished SO much and you should be so excited, I know I would feel like a million bucks at your weight.

My Choice - is it Susie ? Yes we got another big round of snow and the drive in today was HORRIBLE...supposed to get more ...probably another reason I am down, haha ...good job on your exercising

Welcome Spooky !

Hi to Mel and Arabella ....

Hope you all have a good day, please push me to keep going in this path even though I feel bad right now...I need the encouragement.

See ya,
Carri

Carri

Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #40

Carri - I'm sorry you're still not feeling well...here's a for you and you can do it! You know it will pass, keep going and before you know it you'll be feeling awesome again. You can do it!!

Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #41
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

I have been away to long. Been so blah the last few days and it is showing on the scale. I can't break 192. I am stuck there or something. I haven't been going completely off track but just not eating great either. I feel like I am in a rut.

How are you ladies doing?

tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #42

T - Sorry things have been blah for you...are you stuck indoors? Maybe getting out (if you can) would help. I know it usually helps me. Oh I meant to tell you, I tried the spaghetti squash - I'm so bad, I don't like it at all! I'm so picky though - but it's a texture thing for me I think. I just had an expectation it was going to be just like pasta, which of course it's not. Anyways oh well! I need to suck it up and just eat it!! haha

Old 01-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #43

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Hi all, and thanks for the encouragement! Didn't make it through the snow to work today, so I am desperately trying to find my groove again. I'm finally taking down the Christmas decorations (gasp!), that I haven't been able to bring myself to do yet. I think I'll be in a little better spirits when that's over and done, plus I just realized yesterday that I've been PMSing and didn't even realize it. So, that's why I've been extra miserable! Looking forward to getting it together soon!

Arabella, I keep thinking about what you said about doing something special for ourselves... I had a huge revelation! I rarely get to do anything fun, and most of what I do is for everyone else BUT myself. Eating chocolate or some other dangerous food is what I think I'm doing for my own enjoyment, and clearly, that is not the right way to go. I've got to think of something else, and quick! Thanks for the enlightenment! Hope you're having a good day!

Spooky, welcome aboard!

Liz, congrats on getting to the point of happiness with your accomplishments! You've done great and you deserve to be happy about it! And a woo hoo for getting to watch the snow out the window! We were out shoveling at 5am to make a puppy poopy path. LOL!

Susie, congrats on getting your workouts in, even with the weather complications! And thanks for your job story. I'll keep trying to remind myself that comfort food is not helping anything!

Carri, step away from the soda! It's no wonder this week is painful for you (and me), what with the "delightful" football games we had. Sob... But let's move forward, right? I keep saying it and not doing it, but somehow, as I'm typing, I'm starting to feel better. Let's get to it! Did you watch BL last night?

T, hope you shake the blahs and break out of your rut soon!

Back to the Christmas decorations... Have a good one, all!

Old 01-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #44
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies.

Sorry I have been away but I have been taking care of Dh who has the flu and is on his second day home from work. The kids have also not had school for the past 2 days because of the snow.

I read everyone's updates but just going to post quick replies so I can get back to being Mrs. nurse lol

Arabella- Hope that your spirits are up!

Welcome Spooky!

Susie-Don't worry about one rootbeer At least you caught yourself before it got worse.

Liz- You have every right to feel happy! You have done so well and are so close to your first goal!

Carri- I hope the headaches go away..just remember YOU CAN DO THIS!!

T- I'm sure you will break past 192 soon!

Auntie- I think all this snow is putting everyone in a funk or getting them sick. I love the look of snow but I am so ready to get out of this house!

My food has been ok...pretty much just eating whatever is fast since I am busy with everyone else. This week may not be a loss but as long as everyone feels better it will be worth it!

~Melanie~
Mini Goals:
199 Onederland!!11/19/10! 195 first goal!1/8/11 185
50 pounds lost! 2/12/11!
Starting over 11/29/11 @ 204.2...come on onederland!
7/4/12 189.0!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #45
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept15lija View Post
T - Sorry things have been blah for you...are you stuck indoors? Maybe getting out (if you can) would help. I know it usually helps me. Oh I meant to tell you, I tried the spaghetti squash - I'm so bad, I don't like it at all! I'm so picky though - but it's a texture thing for me I think. I just had an expectation it was going to be just like pasta, which of course it's not. Anyways oh well! I need to suck it up and just eat it!! haha
Lol, yeah, it's definitely nothing like pasta. But a good substitute for me. I am a total veggie lover so most any squash is a go for me. Maybe you will learn to love it. Hide it under lots of sauce and some FF cheese.

tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.