SHORTIES - 5' 2" & Under.......

You're on Page 4 of 14
Go to
  • Hi shorties!!! Treats at work are a problem area for me too. I'm so glad that it's a 3 day weekend. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me...
  • I'm at 214 this morning. That is a solid 4 pounds gone this week. I'm super happy with my progress. My first mini goal is 210 by 1/29.
  • teacher1- 4 pounds is awesome! Woot. Woot!

purple - no I don't have a blog. I don't think I'd have much to say on it. I'll have to check out your blog and others.

My official weigh in isn't until Monday morning, but I stepped on the scale this am just to see where I was hitting and I saw that I was in the 140s. Just barely, but I'll take it. Hoping for a little more by Monday.

Have a good weekend!
  • I am also new here; but the name of this caught my eye I am 5 foot even and at 152 pounds I used to be 120 before children, which is what I am aiming for now. However; I am kinda clueless on this loosing weight thing. I am very open to how anyone is doing it.
  • Welcome misslizz! I'm doing calorie counting seems to be working for me. Everyones different tho! Just stay focused! Good luck!
  • I am also doing calorie counting. I am officially starting tomorrow, but I did take the weekend to sort of do a "try-out" by sticking to 1600 calories divided over 5 smallish meals (Breakfast 400, Lunch 500, Snack1 150, Snack 2 150, Dinner 400) .. it's working REALLY well so far, I am not feeling hungry at all!!!
  • hi MissLizz- I'm also calorie counting and working out 6 days a week

I'm so happy that it's a 3 day weekend.
  • Well, I upped my carbs a bit, but my overall calories are still pretty low, according to Fitday. I have to go to the store tomorrow, definitely. I've run out of everything. I should have gone today, of course, but my kids were off from school, so we did a major overhaul of the toy/bedroom. Moved my oldest back into his own room. He was so happy. They were sharing a room because my youngest was scared to sleep by himself. He's seven now, and I think he can handle it. He wasn't really thrilled about the situation, though. He really liked having his older brother in there. Oh, well. It needed to be done. That "toy room" was getting out of hand.

P.S. I've lost all this weight and I've only gone down 1 size!! My size 14 pants are really baggy, but I just can't get into the 12s. Ugh! Very frustrating.
  • Hello shorties!

I've been very bad lately, exceeding my calorie range and not exercising. I've managed to hold on to my weight for which I'm thankful for. But I really need to start working hard for my Valentine's goal! Reading the posts here inspire me

teacher1 - Congrats~ you are doing really great!! You'll make that goal for sure ^ ^

FatPantsSkinnyJeans - You are right... I've tried diet pills before and yet the weight creeps back in =/ I don't know why I'm still tempted from time to time... the fad here now is slimming coffee and I'm just relieved because I don't drink coffee... but I was so close to giving in!

purplepumpkin - I will follow your blog... Since I started blogging (and posting in 3FC), I've lost 12lbs... you can see from my first entry that I was 156lbs back in November. 2 months later, I am 144lbs. It is very effective for me... even if most of the time, I am just whining ha ha!

Welcome MissLizz!!! You came to the right thread...

I used to have a problem with free food until I started saying no... even if I really want the food, I just say "no" and got used to it. Eventually, people stopped offering food to me because they knew I'd say no! It's different when the food is in the communal table though and you are free to take what you want... sometimes I still get tempted... =/

My goal is to lose 1 lb this week. I am really taking things slow now because I can feel myself so close to slipping and going back to old habits I don't know why... sigh.
  • Hello fellow shorties! So, I received a shock that I don't quite believe yet. I have been 5'0" forever, but my new doc says I'm actually 5'1 3/4". I'm skeptical, but I'm averaging myself to 5'1" lol. Well at least I keep my shorty identity! Although weight loss wise, Its sooooooo not fun.

It's 4 am here and I'm totally starving but still trying not to snack. Hopefully I'll fall asleep sometime too lol
  • Hi Amber!

theCanEs- yesterday must have been cleaning day. We went through a bunch of stuff and deep cleaned. So we probably burned some extra calories!!

brokengently- I'm sure you'll be in the 12's soon. I have so many different sizes in my closet it's really sad.
  • Welcome any short newbies! shorbies? LOL i dont know.. I haven't posted anything in a while so thought id pop up again...

thecandes- i know how you feel with the pants situation. I've lost 15 and barely notice any difference in my pants.

brokengently- For some reason i felt like the more weight i lose the more i wont want to eat like i used to but i've noticed the past 2 weeks its getting harder. I'm really craving something greasy. I'm scared i'm gunna crack too!

Amber1011- hehe sometimes after dinner if i'm still really hungry i try to go to sleep so i won't eat..thats so awful now that i think about it

As for me...been stuck at 158 for over a week. Not sure why. I hope it drops at least 1lb at saturdays weigh in...
  • Weight for me - I get stuck for long periods of time at one weight, then it starts moving again. Try not to panic.

teacher1 -- Yeah, I guess it's early spring cleaning, or maybe feeling overwhelmed by all of the new toys from Christmas. I don't know. Maybe we did get some exercise in! My back did hurt the next day. LOL

Amber1011 - I'd go with it! If you don't believe it, try measuring yourself at home.

brokengently - I know what you mean. I've feel like I'm slipping back into old habits. I don't want that to happen! I'm the only one here at my house who is dieting. Of course, I cook dinner, so they have to go with what I make, for the most part.

I think the problem for me is, I started this "diet" to get healthy. I was having some blood sugar issues, and I wanted to get it under control. Well, I did. My fasting blood sugar is now 84 (that's really good, BTW). Now, it feels like I've relaxed my standards a bit. I've been eating things I shouldn't, and I'm having high blood sugar symptoms again (headache, drowsiness after meals that have too many carbs (for me, at least)). I need to get back on track.
  • theCandEs- the whole blood sugar thing must make dieting more difficult

I moved my tracker down 1 pound. I guess since last week it was 4 pounds then it should not be a surprise that it was so low this week. I'm still hoping to get my mini-goal of 210 by the end of the month.
  • How is everyone?!