Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #196  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Crow - I am also aiming for about 1lb a week, I just want to see the number going down -- I am not going too too crazy, I am just upping my exercise, making sure I am doing atleast SOMETHING every day. I have been going to the gym, and this is really only my "third week" but only my second week back at the gym. I've lost 4lbs so far and it feels good!! I am also eating MORE salads and veggies, AND cutting down my portion sizes. And of course snacking on fruits... delish!!

I also refuse to buy any more pants in a bigger size, because I'm thinking (hopefully) they won't fit very long at all! At work I have to wear loungey pants, like yoga pants, etc, which are very comfortable, and usually get into pajamas when I get home, I don't have much reason to change into dressy clothes or to get dressed up unless I am going somewhere.. either.

Last edited by Savemykissesx; 03-19-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5'0"

Hey, just found this thread! I'm 5ft no inches and sooooo close to no longer being overweight for this height.

Happy to meet you guys! I'm using LoseIt.com and their app to track calories and am in love with my FitBit One. I am getting more and more convinced that I need to start some serious weight lifting though to tone up. I have a most fantastic bit of stomach flab over my c-section scar which I doubt will ever go away without surgery, but I'm going to try my hardest to make it shrink some.
emurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #198  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Savemykisses, I'm finding it much harder to add exercise in to my lifestyle than I did to change my eating habits. I'm just not naturally active -- much prefer a book and a roaring fire to a walk any day! I'm trying, though. 4lbs in 2 weeks is great, and I bet it looks like even more if you're toning at the same time.

Looks like you've pretty much made it to your goal, emurph! I bet you can make a big difference with toning even if you never have the belly of a 17-year-old again. I feel that way about my chest -- after breastfeeding 4 babies there's no way the girls will ever be perky again, no matter how much weight I lose.

Last edited by Crow; 03-20-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 211/149.2/130

Height: 5'0

Hi I am 5 feet even and glad to join you ladies here. I'm looking to make it to 130 and then I will evalute how much more if any to lose. I think I may just have to really start toning and see where that gets me. I really need to see 130 on the scale because that was my goal when I started trying to lose weight. I need to see it through to the end without settling for close enough once in my life. I am just imagining how powerful I will feel on that day.
valid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Hi, folks. Another shortie here. 5'1" and dumpy.... look like a Weeble! Oh, how I want to succeed this time!
jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #201  
Sisyphus

valid, that's a good idea to set your goal to 130 then see where you are. You're so close!!

I got to 136 for my wedding five years ago, but as soon as the day was over I let it slip back on. I know that at that weight I look good but still have some belly/leg fat that I wasn't happy with. This time I've set my goal low and I don't have a specific event to try to make, so I'm hoping I'll do better with maintenance when I finally get there.

jordy, I know exactly what you mean about looking like a weeble! With my huge chest and big belly I'd be very difficult to push over.

Last edited by Crow; 03-25-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #202  

Wink

I've got my 10 lb kettlebell and have found a great beginner workout on youtube with Fitness Blender... they take you thru every step of the exercises, even the warm up. I've got my pea protein powder for my smoothies, and I've got the willpower.... hopefully, I can begin to say goodbye to Ms. Weeble forever!
Old 03-30-2013, 02:20 AM   #203  
Sisyphus

How's the kettlebell working out for you Jordy? I think they look really interesting and I've been thinking about trying one out.

Regular exercise is where I really fall down on this journey. I've been losing about 2lb a week just by changing my diet, but I know that's not good enough unless I throw some exercise in there somewhere. You wouldn't believe the excuses I've been making to myself!
Old 03-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #204  

Hi, Crow. Oh, I know about excuses and can fool myself really well... until the middle of the night when I have to admit the truth! I really like the kettlebell and the beginner workout on fitness blender on youtube. I've only got a 10 pound one to start since I'm so out of shape, and my chiropractor warned me to always keep my back straight, no bowing the back when doing the exercises. The workout is fun once I skip past all the warm up exercises. Instead, I do basic stretches. You're doing really well with the weight loss, Girl! What kind of changes have you made to your diet?
Old 03-30-2013, 03:33 AM   #205  
Sisyphus

Jordy, all I've really done is cut out junk and be mindful of what I eat -- it's amazing the difference cutting back on treats has made to the whole family. I still allow myself nice things like a piece of cake when I'm having coffee with a friend, but I make sure they're for special occasions and not every day.

I might just have to go look for fitness blender to see if I'm inspired. You sound so motivated and I think that's the biggest part of the battle.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #206  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I reached my goal and passed it by almost 4 lbs, figured I wold have the extra incase like now. I have been having a hard time since reaching goal. I slowed down on the cardio because I kept losing, but have been eating not so great.

I use kettle bells too. Made one with home depot parts. I can pretty much only do squats and swings with it but I am doing 55 lbs. I am so hoping to shape my legs. I have a weight bench that has totally transformed my arms, shoulders and traps. Almost feel like my top and bottom belong to 2 different people. One good thing about kettlebell squats it after being buttless all my life I finally have a butt.

I think my weight loss was in the middle took me about 16 weeks to lose 32 lbs. I would have weeks with 3+ lbs and then weeks with 1 to no loss.

Last edited by chubbiegurl; 03-31-2013 at 01:18 PM.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #207  
Sisyphus

Chubbiegurl, congratulations on reaching goal and being able to stick there, even if it has been a struggle. That's something I really failed at. Are you doing anything in particular to keep yourself accountable?

All the thrill is gone out of my re-losing this weight that I already lost 5 years ago. Last time every new number on the scales was an achievement and I loved how I looked with each few pounds lost. This time, though, all I can think of is how far I still have to go to get to where I stopped before.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 215/215/160

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi everyone! I was so happy to find this post, I thought I was the only short person going through weight loss. I started at 222 and am down to about 206 in 7-8 weeks. I am 5 ft 2 in and it has been a struggle for me being this heavy. I don't particularly like to exercise, but I am trying to still do it anyways. At this point I'm just waiting to get to 199!!
gracie1887 is offline   Reply With Quote