Old 01-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #61  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Welcome Helen!

Good afternoon every one else! I am back from a blissful week away. Although I dreaded the planning and packing to go away, it went soooo quickly, and I had a fabulous time!

I bought my son his first fishing line and in his first hour he caught two fish exclaiming, "Fishing is soooo easy!" LOL A total of 3 fish caught on the holiday.

We had an excellent time swimming in the inlet. I have a funny sunburn mark on my arm where I forgot to put sunblock. It is roughly a hand width band in the middle of my arm, and bright red. Other than that you wouldn't know I'd been swimming all week. I am very fair skinned and have been known to get third degree burns from the sun in less than an hours sun. So I consistently apply the SPF, and cover up.

I stuck to my meal plan except for two ice creams. But I don't use my WW weekly point or activity point allowance so I am hoping that when I weigh in on Monday I will still have lost something. Fingers crossed.

I am exhausted from the drive but think I willl take my son for a walk after dinner tonight. That way I get some exercise in for today.

Back to the training Tuesday night and work on Friday! ARGHHHH!

Catch you all later,
mumtoliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #62  
No excuses this time!

BTW congrats Gen! I can't wait until I can say I am out of the obese category too!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Thanks ladies

Sounds funny to hear about sunburn and SPF.. we had a big snowfall this week and it's been bloody freezing.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

Vanessa ... sounds like a good holiday .... I tend to get burnt in places I didn't quite reach with the suncream myself and have funny little tanned places to contrast with the rest of me ....

Gen .... so I take it your not in Australia with the snowfall? .....

I've done some cardio early at the Gym .... I'm really loving the new Anytime Gym here .... all brand spanking new equipment and being able to go when you like really suits me (I organised my cardio last week so I could watch the netball tests between England at 5.45 am).... I'll miss the Les Mills classes at my old gym but I could never get to them except in the holidays anyway ....
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #65  
No excuses this time!

I don't know whether to believe my scales or not! My personal scales say I've had a considerable loss. I will wait until tomorrow night's weigh in at WW before I jump for joy. Then I will work out my personal scales accuracy LOL I am hoping that I have lost at least a kilo.

If I have lost more which is what my scales say - then I am amazed. I was away on holiday and not once did I feel like "No I can't have that ice cream, the glasss of wine" I didnt feel like I was on a diet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow night's weigh in.

My sister and I are enjoying a girl's night out after my weigh in - Chicks night at the Flicks. Events cinemas put them on, we are seeing the new Reese Witherspoon movie, with the ticket you get a goodies bag, the previous ones have had sparkling mineral water, tampons, a novel or magazine, Lindt choccies, popcorn. I hope I can celebrate a personal loss, and have this as my treat. Which reminds me I have to ask my father if he will look after Liam for me?

Catch you all later.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #66  
It's ME!

Gen congrats on your new BMI number that's so exciting!!!

Sounds like you had a nice holiday Vanessa Funny about your sunscreen story - in the past I've ended up with sunburn surrounding the shape of my fingers where I've missed a spot!

Good luck with your weigh in Helen I hope you get the big loss on the official scales!

I only ended up exercising 3 times last week and by Friday had come down with a cold I went away with a girlfriend to the west coast for the weekend and that was lovely. Unfortunately it meant that my eating went waaay off track - lots of wine and cheese and crackers etc and fish n chips on the drive home. OOPS

Back on track today though and tonight I attended my first session of Boxerfit Boot Camp. Oh. My. God. I will be amazed if I can lift my arms tomorrow!

First we did some cardio and then in pairs we did boxing drills. First 10 straight punches, 10 uppercuts, 10 roundhouses then 1 pressup. Then 20 and 2 pressups, 30 and 3 etc right up to 100 and 10 pressups. Holy moly!!

Next was sit ups and that was what I really struggled with. He had us doing full sit ups where you go from lying down to sitting up and I couldn't finish that but gave it a good go.

So that's what I'm going to be doing every Monday night for the next few months! Tomorrow I've arranged to do a hill walk with a friend and providing we have good weather that's meant to be a weekly thing.

Now I just need to sort my diet out properly because it's a waste to be doing all this exercise if I'm not eating right!

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #67  

Good for you, Julia! I did find that when I had my PT and was training regularly it was much easier to eat well and not ruin my results.

I lost 1.5kg this week, I am so happy with that as my weight loss had been much slower recently. I am only 13.6kg from "healthy" BMI <25... that sounds so much more doable than when I started.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:38 AM   #68  
No excuses this time!

My scales are severly out!!! I only lost 0.6kg. I got sooo happy when I jumped on my scales - it looked like I nearly lost 2kg. But a loss is a loss. I feel like throwing the scales out!

Every little bit helps.

Little Kiwi, is it Julia? What a workout! Wow! I am inspired. I have PT tomorrow night. It is going to be close to 40degrees C tomorrow, hope it is cooler when I workout. I am looking forward to it, crazy, I know. LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

Littlekiwi ..... that makes me feel exhausted just reading it .... do you wear boxing gloves for you class?

Gen ... what a great loss ....

Vanessa .... A loss is a loss .... and with a holiday ... I think it is great you could keep going while disrupting the normal schedule ....
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #70  
No excuses this time!

I have an emotional day today - I blocked it from my thoughts - so I wouldn't eat for comfort.

I start mediation again today with Liam's dad for custody. I currently have full custody and I am worried that Liam's dad is requesting 50/50 split. There will be no decisions made today. I will be going to outline my wants with the mediator. Next visit we all come together. It is soo hard even thinking of Liam going to his dad's every other week. I hope we can come to some sort of arrangement. It is hard to accept any decision though in 2006, my ex signed over full custody to me, last year he remarried and she can't have children and consequently they want custody. I have always tried to encourage his dad to have alternate weekends the past 4 years, this occurred when it was convenient for his father. In February 2010 when they first became a couple, he regulary accessed his weekends. Then in October they questioned my parenting skills. This is why we are now seeking mediation.

I will be strong. I have to. I don't want my son to know or worry until the situation changes. He had been through a lot the last twelve months.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #71  
It's ME!

Yikes that's some pretty heavy stuff Vanessa I have so many friends with stories just like yours and it sucks. I hope you get a positive outcome and well done for your loss! It may only be .6kg but that's better than a 6.kg gain any day!

Gen 1.5kg is AWESOME!! Love the new profile pic too, that colour is really nice on you

Helen the guy that runs the class provides gloves and pads so we're punching away with all the right gear My arms, shoulders and back are starting to feel sore today so I'm dreading how I'll be tomorrow!!

Today has been a really good day. I had a banana on toast for breaky, weight watchers muesli bar & nectarine for morning tea, salad with chicken for lunch, apple for afternoon tea and salad with fish for dinner. 2 major wins for me: 3 pieces of fruit today!! I hardly ever eat fruit so that's great for me. I was so proud for taking my lunch - I'm in training this week and every other person bought their lunch from a cafe. I felt very virtuous with my salad!

Had a good workout tonight, went on the hill walk same as 2 weeks ago with a girlfriend and we bet our time by 4 minutes. It's about 55 minutes walking uphill and then about 25 to come down again. I HATE the uphill but my god, it works my butt like nothing else!

Oh and yeah, for our new ladies, I'm Julia

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 AM   #72  
No excuses this time!

Still digesting today. I am getting legal advice now, as I will not allow 50/50 split, and that's what they(Family relationships Australia) are wanting. Its in the best interest of the child they say. I want to see longitudinal studies. I bet 3/4 of the disillusioned youth are from split families. I want my son to have the best possible future, stability, security, warmth, loving. He would get that from his dad too but with teen suicide on the rise, drugs, cybersafety concerns, I dont want to have my son be lost as he is shifted from household to household. I think I will go broke fighting it but it is worth it.

Anyway, I was looking forward to working out my stress when my PT session was cancelled. Some people have gone away and there is a minimum number. So I felt bummed, I got given a Lindt block of chocolate last night at Chicks at the Flicks, and well I ate the whole block! I have even looked at how many points yet!

Then, I felt guilty and posted it on my facebook page. One of my high school buddies suggested joining her for a Zumba class. I have never been but was considering doing it later when work starts back. I went and WOW, it was just what I needed, my shirt is saturated, my face is RED, I feel alive again. LOL My son sat on the sidelines and watched me work out. He kept saying to me - "Your face is really red" "Do you need your water bottle?" LOL

At the end of the class, he says "Mum, how about we go home and I sing to you and you can dance to my singing". A priceless moment and a positive end to the day.

Night all.

BTW Gen - great loss!
Julia - yum, wish I had eaten what you ate today sounds very satisfying!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:38 AM   #73  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Ness I feel yr pain. Going through similar myself (hugs) to u
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #74  

Vanessa, I'm sorry you're going through that. Hope it turns out as well as possible for all concerned, esp the little one.

Sorry to switch to being totally superficial, but... I have got a varicose vein!! I am horrified - feel like such an old lady!! Just noticed some blue on my leg and it's kind of swollen. Ook. Might have to go and get it injected. So unfair.. obesity is the risk and I just lost weight! Haha.. must have been going on for a while.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #75  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

damn Gen.
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote