Old 01-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Back In Kindergarten #94

Hello and to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

: : : : : :

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-01-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Awww, I love that picture Susan! And THANK YOU for starting a new thread! I had planned to come and start a new one for the new year so thank you! And, and, and, lol...it is good to see you here, missed you! Love the new avatar...you have such pretty girls!

Okay...don't want to repeat myself and I'll try hard not to so...the tree is down and put away until next year! My living room is back to normal, whatever that is. Should be called baby's play room. All my laundry is done, only read about a chapter and a half of my book (better than nothing I guess) and only did about 40 mns of exercise, too-better than none I guess. I feel pooped now, my feet are killing me so I am calling it done until tomorrow. I won't sleep half the day away so I can get more done in the morning. I didn't get to the scrapbooking...I did pick up some paper and stickers and looked at it if that counts, lol...and figured I need some blue paper and snowflakes.

KATY...good to see you as well! I will have to check out your site. Not sure I want to share on FB though. That's why I still come here, want to keep the two seperate.

HI to everyone else

I am going to play a few games on FB and see what's up with everyone. Take care ladies and will see you next year, hehehe

Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2011. Hoping all your wishes and dreams come true! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #3  
kitty Momo

ok,ready to start 2011 on the right foot. Ready to get serious (again) and lose weight (again) but this time I really mean it.......(again). lol

167 today, I wanna lose 20 pounds...........pretty please weight loss goddesses in the heavens of marshmellows and all things bad.

Amen.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:35 AM   #4  
kitty Momo

silly goose, thats my kitty momo..........you drinking?? lol He is a boy, I won't tell him you called him a girl. ha ha
Old 01-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #5  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

Happy New Year!

can I join you? What a wonderful thread, I do feel like I am in kindergarten with so many things in my life. And I have to go and learn it all, otherwise I just eat on emotions and feeling or just have a lifestyle that leads to eating anyway.

At the moment I am dealing with procrastination and some stress of being in a new environment - new job starting soon so I have some nerves going on. But then I think whats the point of making boo-hoo about it! I should just enjoy and trust that it is all going to be alright. I don't need to stress about it.

I am positive about 2011. Also despite trying to lose weight in 2010 and ending with the same weight as Dec09, I still feel like this is an achievement because usually my weight would go up year by year but not the last one. I really have worked hard in developing new habits! I think my main aim for 2011 is cutting off binge foods, eating more veg and protein but not cutting food groups and not overeating. Just no big portions with no exception and no time off because i don't need it. Once I eat bit my body learns it and wants it, if i eat small it will eventually get easier I know it will! It must be!

Wishing you best of luck!
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #6  
ugggg.....

Susan--I LOVE the pic!! Hope the goddess blesses you with the loss you want!! lol....

Cristina--I know what you mean by the kids play room!!! My early riser is up!! The blue paper with snowflakes sounds pretty!!

Katy--I am going to go check out that site. I love the support I get here for all things not just weightloss!!

Hope--I have had a rough year and am the same as last year again. This is a very supportive group!!

Hi to everyone else!! Hope every one stayed safe!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #7  
RosieKate

Hey I'm back! School hasn't started yet...so keeping my fingers crossed that I make it back more often.

Susan- Love that Momo - don't dare call him a girl - he will mess you up

Cristina - I'm headed over to FB to play also - I'm a bit addicted to Zuma Blitz. RE: Loseit - you don't have to share on FB unless to you tell it to. The site has its own friends list ( like FB) and it's shared within the site. Sounded like a good idea to me, but we do have each other already over here. I really appreciate the support I get from everyone here, even when I hardly ever post when life gets busy.

Jules - You've had a tough year and you still started running and knitting - 2011 will be a good one for you

Hope - Hi and welcome - this is a very supportive group!

Hi to everyone else...Happy 1-1-11! I have my "winter layer", weighing in at 175 ( 2 lb less than this day last year. sigh) My main goal this year is to learn to manage my diet and exercise with my job..it kind of blew a hole into all my progress. The only constant in life is change, so I need to come up with ways to "go with the flow"....
Old 01-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

I'm trying to be good and at least check in....at least attempt to have a thought of eating better and quit the late night munchies.
Scale was 170 this morning,probably the roast beef that I ate last night is sitting in the belly of the beast (me) (all 3lbs of it)and taking glee in my misery.

And you know what?? I didn't even drink last night. My ramble is all natural. Scary. lol

So,whatever. A good 20 pounds to lose is on the agenda. I might dip into my Hawaii $$$ and buy me some sketchers, they are down to $80.

welcome -Hope Our Jules wrote our intro

Katy- Momo has been fixed & declawed. He has enough problems as it is without being called a girl...lol He is the sweetest thing. Gaby gets jealous when I baby talk him. ha ha

hello to everyone. Gaby and I are taking a drive today. I am $150 short of buying 2 round trip tickets to Hawaii. A little behind w/ Christmas. Maybe on the next paycheck I can purchase them. Or I was thinking of losing weight and buying me some clothes and a treadmill not sure.

chat later...

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Happy New Year!

SUSAN...ha, ha, you're so funny. I think you are messing with me woman! When I posted you had Becky's picture up, but Momo is a cutie too. But I did have a Mikes Hard Pink Lemonade to ring in the new year.

JULES...I forget you get the grandboys every weekend. And yes, should be playroom. One day I will get another extra room for just a playroom, lol.

KATY...I forgot you are teaching again. I tried Zuma blitz once, guess I am goofy, couldn't figure it out, lol I checked out the Lose it site briefly, going to go and look some more.

HOPE...Hi and

HIYA KATHY, FRANCIE, SUE, MINDEE & SASSY! Hoping all is well with you ladies.

I overslept! I wanted to get up early...this is what happens when you get lazy and don't have to get up early. Will wreck havoc on my schedule come Monday morning. Already have the roast in the crock pot (thank you Sue!) brownies cooking in the oven, just have to get the other stuff ready closer to 3'ish. Want to clean some more. I got tired last night and didn't finish up but not much of anything left.

Well, unlike you ladies I didn't WI. Didn't even cross my mind to WI on the first day of the year *slaps forehead* I guess 2 days later isn't so bad. Monday is my official WI but I did weigh a few times during the week (took a cue from Susan) trying to stay on top of it. I don't think there will be a change though. I didn't do so well with the eating last week but did get some exercise in. But as long as there is no gain that will be fine...this week anyway.

Enjoy your day!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Hello Susan...you snuck in there. When were you going to Hawaii, was it January? Sorry, I can't remember anything anymore...losing my mind I swear. Too much going on I guess. Hope you and Gaby enjoy your drive!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #11  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Thank you so much for the warm welcome jules1216, RosieKate, Mom2Gaby, FrouFrou! It is so loving and supportive. Sometimes I do beat myself up for just being the same weight as last year but looking at the positive changes I have made to my state of being and eating habits, it is better. I now have some knowledge around trigger foods, craving management and mood management coping mechanisms. I do feel that I need to address my eating properly and weight... it should go. I am also dealing with food as an addiction, this seems to help somehow! That is my hope!
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Hope - I might pick up Portia De Rossi's Unbearable Lightness. When she was on Oprah I related to what she was saying.

Cristina - I am sooooo late in getting out of astoria, I guess it doesn't matter. It is so miserable when I feel I have to be on a schedule. Like I am rushing for what?? lol Ugh
I planned on going in May but now it is June. I hope the prices hold for another 2 weeks, it should cost 1150 ish. January just was a time I wanted the money, has taken me 4 months to save up.....or 4 1/2....lol

better get!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Happy New Years Ladies!!!

Ya know I think I had a little bit of a hangover when I woke up today!! Which wasn't until quarter til 1!!!!!! HA HA HA. Oh well. Guess I really didn't feel that great!! I had woken up about 9ish originally and went to the bathroom, DH left to go help his friend work on a motorcycle so I just went back to bed!!! HA HA! I know Mrs. Lazy Bones!! HA HA! I tell ya lately I haven't had ANY energy! ZERO! I think its amazing I can get out of bed, take a shower and get dressed! HA!

Guess I need to get my crap together!!!!!! Just not wanting too!! LMAO!

Cristina -- Ya I figured I had better explain it otherwise you all be like, "WHAT?! your moving again?! Lord lets hope not!! LOL!

Susan -- Love the pic!

Heather! You won't find finer, kinder, more caring, and more CRAZY ladies than here!!! LOL. But they all are truly wonderful and I love them all!!!

Katy -- I think I have a couple "Winter Layers" going on right now! HA HA HA! I am all ready to hibernate!! LOL!

Hey Jules!

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:21 AM   #14  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Year Everyone.

Thank you Cristina, Suzie, and Katy for the cards. Brightened my day and made me smile all day.
Heather these are the best ladies anywhere. You will love them all.

Sassy you must have had a good time last night. Good thing that you were able to sleep in today. I need a good nights sleep! How much unpacking do you have left to do?

Susie can I go with you to Hawaii? I need a vacation. Actually I just need you to teach me how to save money. We will start with that. And Momo is as pretty as a girl... To show how serious we are about losing weight are we gonna eat oatmeal for breakfast together every morning? BTW that is a very cute picture you found of us

Cristina wow you got lots done. I need to get the tree taken down and put away, got a few loads of laundry done today but that is about all. Did you have a get together for New Years Eve? or was it just you and the hubby? I had to work, so DH and DD had a date night and went to see the movie Gullivers Travels. They said it was ok, but one that was not worth seeing in the theatre.

Katy glad that you have a little time before school starts again. I love that "winter layer" I am going to borrow that saying. Love the picture of the kids.

Jules do you have the boys for the full weekend? Roxy has been waking up early and coming up and crawling into bed with me to "cuddle" Oh they grow up so fast. She tells everyone she is a cowgirl.

Hello to Sue, Francie and Mindee.

I finally have a day off, and my work has called 3 times today, and left a message each time to cover all 3 shifts. (ya, didn't answer the phone.) If I had gone in when they first called it would have been 6 hours since I had gotten off work. Well I guess I had better run and finish cleaning the kitchen. So much fun going on here...
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 AM   #15  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

UGH!!!!!! I thought I could start this year out without any problems!

We went to my sister Katy's house on Friday night to ring in the new year. Apparently, her and my other sister Beth, didn't realize I was recording them while they were doing a Zumba Wii workout......and they badmouthed our mom and one of our sisters. I put the video on FB and my mom sent me a private message and thanked me for posting it because apparently my sister Katy "forgot" to mention that part of the evening to my mom.

My sister Katy usually makes the kids birthday cakes......but we have already discussed that that was the LAST new year's eve we will be attending at their house! I want to leave the drama out of this year.....and right now, I am ready to go through and delete some people off of my friend's list. I don't care if they ARE family......BUT isn't the saying "blood is thicker than water?"

Anyways.....if I come around here less often it is because I will be researching on how to make some rocking cakes for my kids birthday parties! I already have a cake website that I visit sometimes....but I have a feeling that I will be visiting it a LOT more now!

Onto my resolutions........1.) to start over fresh with my weight loss journey.....2.) to kick all the NEGATIVITY out of my life........and 3.) to get into a house this summer so that we can continue on with our family adventures!

In talking with my mom, she has already told me that she would from time to time help me get some cake decorating things since I told her that I would probably now have to spend a small fortune to get some things. BUT I REFUSE to join them in their petty childish games that they play. At times like this......they are acting younger than my YOUNGEST and she is 3.5 years old!

Hope~ Welcome to the group!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote