Old 01-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #91  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Holy crap, I'd rather have snow than ice. THere is no hope for driving if it is icy. Ribs sound good about now. I had an over priced greek salad from the mall. It was tasty enough, but for how much it cost, I should of gotten 3 salads.

Hey Happy....go get your milk, bread, and eggs before the storm...that is what they do at CVS....we go through so much milk it is silly.

Huggles
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #92  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Woke up real early this morning (4.00am) and finished the novel I was reading while snuggling with the cat. It is now 5.30am and broad daylight so I thought that I might get a head start on the exercise. Due for a walk/ run today or a trip to the gym however the gym doesn't open early on Saturdays and by the look of that sky out there, we are due another downpour. So maybe I will put the time to use by cleaning the bathroom and waiting for a break in the weather. Or maybe I will go back to the wii although I don't actually want to do that today. Might be a good idea to just get into old clothes and dig a few drains round the block.

Mel - floral gumboots sound good. Make sure they come up to the knee please. Glad to hear the exercises are moving along. I've been good with mine so far as well. Tomorrow is my off-exercise day and I am looking forward to that. Not making much difference as yet to the body, but I suppose that will take time. It's amazing what we remember from the childhood days. Usually those memories are triggered by food (well for me anyway) and I can still smell the corner store which had big tilting bins of things like flour, sultanas, other dried fruit, wheat, etc. You got this shovel shaped scoop thingy out and dug it into the bin and put the stuff in a paper bag and then paid something like about tuppence for the bag and contents. The place smelled of fresh bread (not plastic wrapped in those days) and licorice, and potatoes etc.

Annie - you go girl in your pink. I am surprised that someone chose pink for a mens sports team. We were only talking about company colours and themes the other day and the importance or lack of colour in documentation. Pink doesn't feature highly in the mines and resources industry and you would probably turn away more people than you grabbed if pink or purple featured highly in the documentation.
You are right in talking about the drivers without insurance these days. I wouldn't mind if they were the type of drivers that don't do accidents but mostly they are not. So drive carefully. Better to arrive late than not arrive at all. And it is not yet your time for heaven, your passport to Earth has not expired so get on with the job of living the best life you can live.

Laura - sounds like you are getting in the exercise too. Just wish it didn't take 100 times as long to lose the gained weight as it does to put it on.

Happy - Bare kitchen countertops. Isn't it amazing how much junk we can accummulate. Give me a bare space and I can have it covered in minutes.
Only 2 grapes in the package??? Sounds like the chinese meal I had a while back of king prawns and vegetables in satay. There were only 2 prawns in the whole thing - piles of cabbage bits and snow peas. Needless to say I won't be tempted to go back there for a while.
We have a form of Elvis worshippers here. He never came to Australia but needless to say that doesn't stop some people from gathering for a candlelight vigil and buy, sell or swapping memorabilia. Haven't seen the gyrating clock or the big head or the gates fireguard advertised recently. Maybe they have completely changed the merchandise. Christmas has come and gone again without me setting eyes on any of the tree ornaments.
Glad to hear that the back of the fridge is again visible to the naked eye. That means it's time to shop again, but only for the week. I hear you on the pain of having to sort menus and shopping lists but it is good for the body and for the purse, so hop to it.

Right the sun is out, and I should take advantage and run out into the day. Who knows how long this will last.
See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #93  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD....THEY HAVE THESE LOVELY LAURA ASHLEY CRESsIDA ROSE GUMBOOTS....BUT YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT A BIT FOR THEM AS THE STARTT AT $89.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY ALSO COME IN PINK TO MATCH ANNIE'S COLT'S OUTFIT!!! THEN YOPU CAN REALLY BE SISTERS OF THE WORLDLY THREAD. HOPE YOU GETY TO SEE THE SUN & IT DRIES OUT SOME OF THE LAKES THAT ARE NOW PRESENTLY YOUR "LAWNS". MAYBE YOU NEED GUMBOATS INSTEAD. HAPPY EXERCISING. YOUR POST REMINDED ME OF THE OLD DILL PICKLE BARREL WHERE THEY HAD SMALL WAXPAPER BAGS SO YOU COULD PUT THE PICKLE OF YOPUR CHOICE IN THERE AND GO HOME DRIPPING JUICE ALL OVER THE WONDERBREAD!
OMG....NOW I AM CRAVING BOLOGNA & DILL PICKLES!! BUT I'LL WAIT TILL YOU GET HERE WITH THE FRESHLY BAKED BREAD"hun:

IN THE MEANTIME....I'LL SHARE ANNIE'S SALAD AND WE CAN ORDER US A FEW LBS OF RIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-07-2011 at 04:12 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #94  
Happy September

D A M N THESE ARE BIG BOOTS!!!
i am roflmaoff
Old 01-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #95  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Sorry I've been away for a couple days...crazy busy at work (and even working from home today). I'm logged off now, but I have to log back on tonight (from home) as some of my reports are going "live" and need to run and validated one more time before they are published. So I'll be working from approximately 7:30 to 10 or 11.

My back was doing a little better last night. I iced it off and on durimg the day at work, and it was sore sitting in the desk chair. but when I got home, it was feeling better. It's been doing pretty good most of the day...the pain meds are keeping it tolerable, but it is now starting to get a bit sore, so I should probably go rest and ice.

Kasey - Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a wonderful Birthday weekend!!

Laura - I don't mind the daily pain level inquiries from my boss. He's doing it out of concern. He really wants to make my work environment as comfortable as it possibly can be. Black Swan sounds like a good pic. Congrats on the weight loss!! That's wonderful!!! That's good that your game night was postponed. I thought after last weekend, I'd be going stir crazy to do something fun...but I really want to have another relaxing weekend...and I hope I don't have to spend too much time running errands or cooking.

Ceejay - I hope the doc appointment and the blood tests went well today.

Shad - How awful that the flooded areas keep getting more and more rain! DH and I were watching a nature program about animals in Australia, and it focused on the female Red Kangaroo (which is actually grey) and how it deals with drought conditions. She had two joeys...a newborn in her pouch and an older one that lived outside the pouch and was mostly weaned, but still suckled. Anyway, the mother and joeys had gone 11 days without water, and the older joey was too weak to look for water, so she had to leave him behind, and he was killed by a predator soon after. It was so very sad. I had to look away. And all the while I was thinking about the flooding currently plaguing Australia. So sad for all the animals, as well as the people who have lost their homes and livelihoods. I just hope the rain stops so the flood waters can recede. Stay dry, my dear friend.

Happy - So sorry to hear you have an abscessed tooth. Did they give you antibiotics? Did they pull it or are they going to? I hope the car repair and dentist visit weren't too costly.

Annie - I wish I were going to Cancun with ya'. How long are you going to be there? It makes me warm just thinking about going there. It's cold with flurries here today. Have a safe and wonderfully fun weekend in St. Louis. So nice that you got the guest room all set up.

Mel - I'm more than happy to share my ice packs with you. Good going on the exercising. That was nice of you to express your appreciation to the employees. So nice that you were able to fill your kitchen with TJ's stuff and use your gift cards. Bummer about the holiday goodies being sold out...but it is probably a good thing. I hope the "spots" are nothing serious. I'll be sending healing energy John's way. I hope that you don't get as much snow this time 'round that you did last time. As for Jen and Richie, I hope the drama/stress is minimal and they get to enjoy the sun and warm weather. I hope you have a quiet, relaxing weekend so you can stay warm and toasty.

Time to sign off and go ice my back.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #96  
Creating a Healthier Me

Dang...I posted without checking out the last page.

Annie - I'll bet you look awesome in your Colt's gear! Post a pic either here or on FB, ok? How fun that you're having a Colt's game party at your friend's house. Safe travels my friend.

Shad - That was a great Wii workout! Good for you!!! Happy's right...it's getting to the points where gumboots may be too short...waders, girlfriend, get yourself some waders. As for the pink football team colors...all the major sports teams have pink jerseys, etc. for sale to the fans...with portions of the proceeds usually going to breast cancer research.

Laura - :Bravo: for the FC workout.

Mel - I'm so proud of you for all your exercising.

Happy - I hope you can get to the store this weekend for some fresh frts and veggies. I'm surprised you don't have TJ's. Even Milwaukee has one...granted it's 45 minutes from where I live. Good for you for sticking to some of your resolutions. Speaking of Elvis' birthday, I just saw on the news that the Chilean miner who is an Elvis fan was granted a special visit to Graceland.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Dr. T was excited to see a patient that wasn't actually sick today

On the way to Jonesboro this morning I saw a field full of geese. It was an awesome sight. When I got to Jonesboro a car cut me off in traffic and then of all things he was in the parking lot at Dr T's. Of course he was looking for a parking place and backed out of one because it was for employee's only. Then he saw another one but had to back up his vehicle to get into it. Guess who's car got bumped into and me steadily blowing my horn. Thank goodness I was not hurt and neither was my car. I felt sorry for him cause he was carrying a cane but I still told him that he need's to look where's he's going. He said he didn't see me. Da, look sir. And there wasn't any reason in calling the police. It happened on a parking lot. He apologized. I can't believe I had my say. I thought my blood pressure would be threw the roof but it was actually normal.

After I got through at the Dr's office I went down to the Toyota dealership to have the oil changed. I'm going back next week, if it doesn't snow, and have a new oil pan installed. No this wasn't from the "bump" The bolt that hold's the oil pan on is beginning to strip.

My blood was drawn and rx's were written. I go back in 6 month's for the same thing. He's going to mail me the results of the test. He'll call me Monday to tell me the results.

I haven't read any post. But I see the boots Mel did you buy them?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #98  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - I'm glad the doc visit went well. What a coincidence that you saw a field full of geese...when I was running an errand at lunch time, I saw a field that had about 20 wild turkeys (the bird not the booze). As for the guy who backed his car into you...just because a person has a cane doesn't mean they don't have to pay attention. I have a cane and I pay attention. I hate inattentive drivers. I'm glad your bp was normal. I hope all the blood tests turn out normal. Bummer that you have to take your car back for repairs next week.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #99  
Happy September

:encoore: HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THE BEHIND OF LAST WEEK. IT WAS NICE TO WAKE UP TO NO ALARMS AND NO PROBLEM CHILDREN .....AS I CALL THE OFFICE NOW.
NOTHING NEW SINCE LAST NIGHT. GOING TO GET SOME BREKKIE AND WATCH TV ALL DAY. I GAVE MYSELF TILL THE 14TH TO GET THE APT BACK IN SHAPE FROM THE HOLIDAYS AND I CAN TELL YOU IT WILL NOT BE TODAY
HOP YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT ONE!! :mopeed:

MICHELLE...SITTING AT THE COMPUTER ALL THOSE HOURS CANNOT BE A GOOD THING. I LNOW MOMMA MEL IS A P.I.T.A.BUT JUST BE MINDFUL OF YOUR POSTURE. PULL THE COMPUTER CLOSER TO YOU AND DON'T LEAN "INTO" IT. I ALSO PUT MINE UP ON BOOKS SO IT'S EYE-LEVEL. NO TILTING OF THE HEAD & NECK. HOPING YOU WILL BE LESS SORE AT HOME AND SENDING HEALING THOUGHTS RIGHT BACK TO YOU THANKS ABOUT JOHN'S...I CAN TELL HE'S SCARED AND CAN USE ALL THE GOOD THOUGHTS HE CAN GET. WE TALKED ALL WEEK. POOR GUY.

ANNIE....ARE YOU OFF AND RUNNING? YUM ON THE APPETIZERS!!

CEEJAY...NO I DIDN'T BUY THE BOOTS. I WAS PRETENDING TO GET THEM FOR SHAD. WHAT A NUT THIS GUY IS DRIVING WITHOUT WATCHING??? SOME PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE THE LICENSES REVOKED. I KNOW A LOT OF SENIORS AND DISABLED PEOPLE THAT SHOULD DEFINITELY NOT BE DRIVING GLAD TO HEAR YOU & THE CAR WERE BOTH OK! HOPE YOUR TESTS ALL COME OUT GOOD AND CONGRATS ON NORMAL BLOOD PRESSURE!!
A FIELD OF GEESE MUST HAVE BEEN SOMETHING TO SEE....I USED TO SEE THEM FLYING SOUTH WHEN I LIVED IN CENTRAL JERSEY. EVERY YEAR THEY PASSED OVERHEAD AND THE SOUND WAS UNREAL AND THE FLOCKS WERE HUGE!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-08-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #100  

I've been p since 8 a.m. and started cleaning the bedroom. It was dusty in there. Also hung new drapes. I was getting tired of the black ones.

Michelle
I agree that some seniors and handicapped people should not drive. This man was not paying one bit of attention. I called myself watching for him. I even laid on the horn trying to get his attention. He said he didn't pay attention to horn's.
There was another kind of bird in that gaggle of geese. Do wild turkey and geese fly togther? I thought they could have been ducks.

Mel
After I went back to read the post I saw that Shad had mention those kind of boots. Didn't know they exsited. Enjoy your day.

Annie
Have you gone to St Louis? Have a safe trip.

Happy
Are you decluttering today?

Shad
What's on the agenda today?

Laura and Kasey
Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #101  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Busy weekend ahead. I have about 12 post it notes with things to tackle this weekend. We might be getting some bad weather tomorrow and through the next 2 days into the new week.

Need to go grocery shopping today and stop for a pedicure. Then I can devote full attention tomorrow to putting away the Christmas stuff, laundry and meal planning. And exercise.

I've got to get out of here now or before I know it will be too late to get anything done. Just wanted to say hi, will catch up later tonight when there's more free time.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #102  

Woke up to blue skies this morning, but it didn't last - we've had at least two showers while I have been sitting at the computer.
Still I am better off than a lot of Queenslanders at this time so I should count my blessings.

Mel - thank you so much for the gumboots. They won't stay that colour around here for long I can tell you. Go down the corner of the garden and sink up to your knees.

Michelle - shelve thoughts of Cancun for a while. Once the back stops hurting you can go. Meantime Rest and ice is the only drink you get right now.
Elvis was alive and well and living (in about 1000 people) in Parkes. The 1000 people are the impersonators and many of them look nothing like the King and certainly can not sing like him. The others are on a candlelight vigil or something. Maybe I should have gone. Not raining down there YET

Ceejay - That strange man probably doesn't take any notice of horns because there are always people tooting at him. It seems he drives by ear. Only stops when he bumps into something.

Annie - hope that you are enjoying the high life in St. Louis

I think that is about it. Sorry for those I missed, its time to go dig some more drains.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:36 AM   #103  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

I WAS HAVING A MEDIA FAST AND NOT WATCHING THE NEWS. SO MUCH DEATH GOING ON. THEN A NEIGHBOR TOLD ME ABOUT THE SHOOTING IN ARIZONA. WHILE I WAS WATCHING HOW A 9 YR OLD GIRL WAS AMONG THE DEATH TOLL, THE TICKER UNDERNEATH TOLD OF HORROR ALL OVER THE WORLD GOING ON. ALL I CAN SAY IS GOD HELP US BECAUSE MANKIND HAS LOST THEIR GRIP.
I TURNED OFF THE NEWS AND BOXED UP THE CHRISTMAS STUFF. I MIGHT WAIT FOR HELP TO GET IT BACK UP ON THE SHELVES. MY RIGHT SHOULDER IS GIVING ME A WARNING SIGNAL FOR 2 DAYS NOW. NO SENSE IN PUSHING IT.
EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOING FINE. TENANTS ARE QUIET CAUSE IT'S DARKISH OUTSIDE AND THERE'S NO PLACE FOR THEM TO WALK TO. STILL TOO MUCH SNOW & ICE BLOCKING THEIR WAY. I AM SITTING HERE YAWNING....I BETTER MOVE A BIT BEFORE I LAY MY HEAD ON THE DESK AND TAKE A SNOOZE!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY

CEEJAY...I WONDER WHAT OTHER BIRD COULD BE WITH THEM? DO THE "YOUNGER" BIRDS LOOK THE SAME AS MOM & POP?? INTERESTING. I'LL CLEAN MY OWN BATHROOM IF YOU CHANGE MY DRAPES!!!

HAPPY....DON'T WORRY ABOUT CATCHING UP...JUST GET YOUR STUFF DONE BEFORE YOU GET SOME ICY DAYS.

SHAD....OMG MORE SHOWERS???? WTF IS GOING ON OVER THERE?? YOU'LL NEED WADERS LIKE THE FISHERMEN WEAR....UP TO THE ARMPITS!!! HOPE THE DRAINS WORK....IS THERE WATER IN THE HOUSE YET??? GEEZ!!!!! MY FRIEND JUST WROTE TO TELL ME HEARD THERE IS FLOODING BIGGER THAN THE SIZE OF TWO COUNTRIES....SPAIN & FRANCE PUT TOGETHER.
WE BETTER LEARN HOW TO PRAY FOR DRY LAND. BTW, HOW IS MISS PUSS DOING???
Old 01-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #104  

Morning Chicks,

I got a lot done yesterday.

Happy
I'm not one to make notes. I'm more of aperson who schedules my time in each spot. That's why I like the fly lady routines. Good luck.

Mel
I hadn't thought about the off spring of the geese. These birds were a different color.

Hello to the rest. I'll be back later. It's a work day for me.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #105  

Morning all,
More wet, more dreary and we are promised more of the same until at least Wednesday..
The system bringing all this rain and stuff is almost stationery over south eastern Queensland and will move slowly south and wreak its havoc on northern NSW this week and beyond.

Yes Mel - you are right, an area the size of Germany and France is still underwater. Incredible to believe. And what Mother Nature is doing naturally, man himself is managing to do un-naturally. Shootings in the States, genocide in Africa, famine in other parts of the world. My thoughts are with the families and friends in Tucson AZ. This sort of thing becomes 'the normal' we won't get anyone to stand for any sort of local or national body politics. We've already deprived ourselves of having the best people to lead. We may not get anybody to lead.
My yard is back underwater again for the third time in 24 hours. The drains are holding so far. I have to get out there some time today and try to dig another couple and clear some debris from around the storm water pipes etc.

Miss Piss is doing okay. She decided that last night was her time to shine, so off she went into the dark (wasn't raining about then) She must have dug up something to do what she had to do. Anyway she decided that it wasn't a fun thing to do to come in when I was about to go to bed so she went and did her thing for a bit longer. However it rained again and rained hard. She came in when the DS2 got in around midnight and she yowled. So she got put back out again. I think she will be okay for the next few hours inside.

Hi Ceejay - sounds like the birds were interesting. I like working to a list and a schedule. Makes the time go faster.

Okay well, time for the exercise again. Back to the gym this morning. Yesterday was my one day of rest from exercise. I'm doing okay although the weight is not shifting. Early days yet tho.