Old 01-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Haven't started the laundry yet. I've been to the community center where the gym is located and worked out for 30 minutes. By the way, I just remembered the box of Trader Joe's cookies that my neice sent in her Christmas box.

Annie
Isn't it nice to get a room organized. I have a futon in my office that I'll sleep on in case I ever have guest's. I call one inch of snow a dusting, but like you I would not want to travel if it were more than that. I'd like to see my little neice, sister's grand baby, again soon too.

Michelle
Glad you are taking tomorrow to work from home. You need that time to lay down to rest your back.

Happy
Ouch on the abcessed tooth. My torture will be next week.

Laura
Good idea in buying yourself gift cards.

Kasey Hello

Shad
Are you near the flood waters? I know you've mentioned Queensland but you live in Brisbane correct?

There's not much to report,except for the fact that I've done the exercise this morning. It's time to start the laundry.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-06-2011 at 03:54 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #77  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD....WE HAVE DEAD BIRDS FALLINGOUT OF THE SKIES AND FISH FLOATING AROUND ....... YOU'VE GOT THE FLOODS....THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END FOR SURE!! YIKES!!! I'M AFRAID TO TURN ON THE NEWS ANYMORE!! I TOLD JEN AGAIN THAT I WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE CREDIT CARD BALANCE IF THIS KEEPS UP!

ANNIE....I WOULD LOVE A SCHEDULED NAPTIME...IF I COULD JUST SIT STILL FOR 5 MINUTES! LOL 12 MORE DAYS TO CANCUN!! COUNTING DOWN THE TIME GLAD THE GUEST ROOM IS ALMOST READY....I'M AVAILABLE!!!

HAPPY....I THOUGHT SO ABOUT THE WW POINTS. I MUST TELL MY FRIEND BEFORE SHE REJOINS. I THINK SHE LET HER MEMBERSHIP EXPIRE OR CANCELLED IT LAST YEAR. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO. SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ABCESS!! YIKES

MICHELLE...I GOT 2 FIRES CONFUSED...ONE WAS FAR AWAY FROM ME...A BRAND NEW BLOCK OF CONDOS AND THE FIRE TRUCKS COULDN'T GET TO THEM IN TIME BECAUSE OF THE SNOW AND ANOTHER WAS CLOSER TO ME...ABOUT 6 BLOCKS AWAY....AND NTHEY WERE OLDER THAN OLD HOMES AND WENT UP LIKE MATCH STICKS. ONE HOME COLLAPSED.
AS FOR EXERCISE...I SOUND LIKE I AM GOING FULL STOP BUT I AM BEING VERY CAREFUL NOT TO END UP AT THE DOCTORS ( be patient...lol....spring is coming...roflmao) KEEP A SENSE OF HUMOR TILL IT'S OVER KEEP THEM ICE PACKS HANDY...I MIGHT NEED ONE OR TWO!!

LAURA...I HEAR YA ON THE CANCELLED GAME NIGHT. IT IS TOO SOON!!!! ROFLMAO I'M STILL STUFFED AND OVERDOSED ON SUGAR TO HAVE ANY PARTIES RIGHT NOW!! LOL GLAD THE PAYOFF WAS GOOD AND YOU HAD NO MEETINGS AFTER CHASING DOWN FILES! THANKS FOR THE BLACK SWAN REVIEW....EVERYONE SAYS THE SAME ABOUT MS PORTMAN!! GOD FOR HER COMING INTO HER LIGHT! CONGRATS FOR THE WEIGHTLOSS!! I BEGAN JANUARY AT A HOVERING 199!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS KASEY!!! HOPE YOU WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW AND ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY DINNER!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #78  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Another wet and dreary day unfortunately. Still there is much I can do inside. I was just getting ready to go walking but it started to rain again so I am looking at either the wii or the gym. Better decide soon.

Happy - No dry wood anywhere near here. Unfortunately the ark will need to wait. Sorry to hear about the tooth. Hope they've fix it before the pain starts to set in. Only ever had one impacted and infected tooth and that wasn't pretty.

Michelle - Hope this back lets up shortly and gives you some relief. Take it easy and rest often

Laura - This flood is not being called much that is polite at the moment. The hundred year flood apparently occurred last year in some of the parts of the country which are again about to be flooded by another even worse flood. So much for the 100 years. We have these 'experts' telling us that this cycle occurs every 30 years - which may be but some of the figures that they quote don't exactly add up. Others of course predict either the end of the world or 'it's their fault they shouldn't take global warming lightly' or other idiots looking for their 14 minutes of fame.

Annie - you sure you want Cancun and don't want to come down and get stuck into my spare room/office? 12 days will fly by.
Isn't it nice when something is achieved on the 'to do' list.

Kasey - Happy Birthday (it is Friday here). Many happy returns. I'm sure that whichever restaurant you choose will be good. Just remember to eat reasonable portions.

Ceejay - We are lucky right now. We are not in the flooded areas. They are all north and west of us. However we are receiving copious amounts of water - predicted another 8" this next 10 days - and flash flooding is occurring in many places around town. The water just can not get away fast enough.
The rumours you have probably heard about rampant crocs and snakes are just that rumours. Yes there are snakes and crocodiles up North. But they are in just as bad a position as the human and they don't have the ability to speak up and are frightened and wary. There have been no reports of croc attacks. The snakes are more interested in finding some dry spot in order to warm up and if some stupid human gets up too close and personal, they will no doubt strike back. We frighten them more than they frighten us. One should also remember that they are in the middle of their breeding/ egg laying season and they are no doubt distressed as their young drown or the eggs can't be laid or are washed away.

These floods have affected the three things that Queensland relies on for income - mining, agriculture and tourism. Perhaps we should count our blessings in that the runoff from these floods will probably not impact adversely onto the Great Barrier Reef. About 40 coal mines are closed, flooded, washed out, and dangerous and Queensland supplies about 50% of the worlds coking coal used in steel making. Thus apart from the $9Billion that Queensland has lost in the mining sector, the world will also experience price rises in steel and steel products. The Agriculture section is looking at loss of stock through drowning, loss of feed for the remaining stock and also the produce (sugar, pineapples, wheat, fruit, grapes, cotton, beef, sunflower seeds, forestry etc) can not be shipped to market because they can't get it out of the fields, onto trucks or shipped to markets. Tourism is affected because nearly 3/4 of the entire State is under water, or inundated. Roads are cut, motels and hotels flooded out and evacuated, and many of the normal tourist attractions are not open. Flooding will affect many of our rivers and therefore the uses to which they are put - such as rafting, areas of natural beauty, rock climbing, etc. No one wins in this situation.

Anyway, I have gone on long enough. Time for the wii. Better step, jog, yoga my way out of this blue funk I think.
Have a great day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #79  
Happy September

PAGE TWO: COMPUTER NEEDED TO DO MCAFEE.

CEEJAY.... LOVE ANY TJ'S COOKIES I ADMIT I BOUGHT SOME TODAY!! IF YOU GET TO YOUR LAUNDRY...GRAB MINE! I AM SADLY BEHIND. GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE GYM TIME!!!!

HELLO CHICKS OF JANYARY.
ANOTHER LONG DAY. ANOTHER GOVT AGENCY HANDLED. THIS TIME FOR MYSELF. A FRIEND SAID SHE'S GOING TO CALL THEM AND TELL THEM TO PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE. TRADER JOE'S WAS NICE BUT I MISSED ALL THE HOLIDAY GOODIES...THEY WERE ALL SOLD OUT MAYBE THAT WAS A GOOD THING.
THE EMPLOYEES ALL CAME UP TO SAY HELLO AND THANK ME FOR THE CHRISTMAS CARD I SEND EVERY YEAR. I TOLD THEM I JUST WANT THEM TO KNOW THAT WITH THEIR HELP & WILLY'S I CAN STAY INDEPENDENT AND HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE THAT. I USED UP MY CARDS AND FILLED THE KITCHEN WITH ORGANIC STUFF AND GOOD FOOD. I FEEL HAPPY AGAIN JUST GING THERE. WISH I KNEW WHAT THE ATTRACTION IS FOR ME IN THAT STORE...IT'S TOUCHING ON A MEMORY FROM CHILDHOOD SOMEHOW. ANYWAY....I KNOW MY GRAM WOULD LOVE THAT STORE TOO. I THINK OF HER AND MY BROTHER EACH TIME I GO.
JOHN HAD SOME DR APPT AGAIN AND ANOTHER ROUND OF APPTS AT THE END OF THE M ONTH. THEY ARE TRACKING HIM FOR KIDNEY/LIVER "SPOTS". I'LL FILL IN FOR HIM FOR THOSE DAYS. GOT THE MEN READY FOR THE SNOW TOMORROW AND THE NEXT STORM PREDICTED FOR NEXT WEEK TOO. ALL THE STUFF IS AT THE READY AND INSIDE THE GARAGE WHERE IT BELONGS. THE PLUMBER DID EVERYTHING I POINTED OUT TODAY AS WELL. TIRED OF CHIT GETTING PUT OFF. HE AGREES. SO ALL IN ALL IT WAS A VERY POSITIVE DAY. NOW I HAVE EXERCISE TO FINISH AND I CAN PASS OUT IN BED!
JEN CALLED AND HAS ARRIVED IN FLORIDA SAFE & SOUND. DAD LOOKS SO SO BUT SHE SAYS I AM RIGHT...IT'S MORE DRAMA THAN ILLNESS.
TOLD HER TO ENJOY THE WARMER WEATHER FOR 10 DAYS! SHE EVEN SOUNDED BETTER.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #80  
Happy September

SHAD.....YOU ARE R4EADING MY MIND ABOUT THE M INES!! I WAS GOING TO ASK YOU IF THIS MAKES EVERYTHING MORE DANGEROUS! THE DIRT MUST BE SATURATED AND GRASSES ETC AND THOSE POOR ANIMALS. DANG THEIR FOOD STUFFS AND BUGS ETC ARE UNDERWATER!! SENDING HUGS AND GOOD THOUGHTS TO YOU EVEN THOUGH THEY WON'T DRY YOUR COUNTRY OUT. HOPE THE WII GT YOU OUT OF THE BLUE FUNK AS I AM TYPING THIS NOW I AM OFF TO PEDAL AND LIFT MY SOUP CANS!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-06-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #81  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Wii is done. 47 mins of step, extended step and jogging. Now ust have to stop sweating. The back yard is now under 4inches of water from the last deluge. Need to go sort out the drains. However Target seems to have sold out of gumboots.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #82  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
THE WORLD OUTSIDE IS WHITE AGAIN BUT JUST A wee bit. better than shad's 4 inches of water and clogged up drains!! wish we could send you a pair of floral gumboots.
i am sorry to hear it's still pouring over there. wtf!!
CHIT.. CAN'T READ THAT SMALL PRINT...HOPE IT'S SPELLED RIGHT
OK GOTTA RUN. THINGS TO DO & PEOPLE TO SEE TODAY.
HAPPY FRIDAY/ SATURDAY!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONE MORE TIME TO KASEY!!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #83  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Happy Birthday Miss Kasey.......and many more....enjoy your day!

Today I am in my Colt's gear!! My PINK (not blue) Colt's hoodie, PINK earrings, PINK socks....I bet the Colt's players didn't even know their colors are PINK and white, not blue and white...lol. I do have my home blue and white, #87 Reggie Wayne jersey packed for St. Louis for the game tomorrow night. We are having a Colt's game party at BFFs house..it will just be me, DD, BFF & Hubby, Her two DDs and spouses, and the two babies....party enough for me....I GET TO MAKE ALL THE APPETIZERS, I am very excited about that...probably wings and DD has requested my cheeseball...also making gauc. other than that I have to think about it....

Shaddie...well at least we know it is not the end of the world due to floods, God said that won't happen again....I see fire, destruction, war, criminal activities stuff like that for the end.....I just hope I don't live to actually see it or experience, I would love to already be in heaven....

MELLIE....and now you are also the "filler inner" for John. You just cannot let go of that place...you are too cute. Yeah, probably right about TJs Christmas snackies..WE do NOT need them....

Heys to Ceejay, Chelle, Happy, Kasey, and anyone else lurking...

Gotta get busy as I am working through lunch to leave a bit early to get a jump on the travel to ST. L. Especially with the snow coming in. There were about 60 accidents last night between 5-8pm. People are just nuts and WTF with all these drivers out there with no license or insurance...I say hang them. Rant over.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #84  
Annie - Indiana

Oh and Have a wonderfully warm, DRY weekend, probably won't make it back here over the weekend...loves and huggles.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #85  
Annie - Indiana

Oh and Happy Birthday tomorrow to the KING Elvis Presley....RIP...
Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #86  

Quick hello and then I'm off to the FC for a workout. Haven't decided if it's to be the elliptical or one of the bikes.

Happy b-day to Kasey! Enjoy the camping trip and b-day dinner.

Annie - Safe travels to St. L. Enjoy the game/party!! Be careful around those appetizers - they sound way too tempting!!

Shad - Sounds like you need a rowboat instead of wellies. Way to go with the wii (not wee) workout!

Mel - Does TJ's remind you of the smaller grocery stores that must have existed before there were "supermarkets"? The TJ I usually go to is very small and sometimes I like that and sometimes I'm annoyed at the congestion in the aisles. But the employees are always helpful and almost always friendly.

Ceejay - Good for you exercising! Mmm, cookies!

Hellos to Happy & Michelle.

TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-07-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #87  
Annie - Indiana

Laura....Workout for me too, Lord knows I won't....

Chelle...are you napping all day long or what???? That working from home business would get me into trouble.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #88  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi team,

How's everyone doing on a Friday? They are talking some chilly and slippery weather on Sunday - Tuesday of next week so I'll have to get out tomorrow and get my shopping and errands done. Some people are hoping we get snow but I'm not one of them. Fools can't drive in dry weather - that's all we need is some slippery stuff.

I picked up some snack bags of fresh apples and grapes at Target. They were pricy but I was out of fresh fruit and suffering for some. It says Apple Slices AND grapes. There were some thin sliced apples of about 3 varieties and 2 - count 'em TWO grapes in the package. I opted out of grocery shopping last weekend - trying to use up the stuff in the refrigerator - DH is happy because he can see the back wall of the refrigerator for a change But I hate this using what we have as it's never the good fresh stuff. I am packing a little bloat - hence the pricey apple grape pack.

Happy Birthday Kasey - hope you have a wonderful birthday. Where did you decide on dinner? Have a nice birthday weekend - 3 days to celebrate!

Laura - I am still jealous of the Whole Foods and bigger specialty grocery stores you have up by you. We just have the equivalent of Jewel's. No TJ's out this way.

Annie - safe travels through the weather. Enjoy your Colts game and party. I'm sure the players are NOT happy to have pink uniforms. I forgot it was Elvis' birthday - come on down for the candlelight ceremony on the lawn at Graceland if you like. I hear it's very moving.

Shad - I looked through the whole gift catalogue - no giant Elvis heads to be found this year. Too bad - could have floated them down the roads by you and scared people - or at least made them laugh. I do hope the rains end soon. Going to need more than gumboots - will need waders if this keeps up.

Mel - it is a good thing that you missed the after season candy and food stuff sales. I had to get medicine at Target and picked up a few fresh grocery items. People had their carts filled to the brim with all sorts of candy and what not. Don't know what they do with it. Just more junk to bring in the house and the belly You are better off with the organic stuff. Hope those eyes of yours are not rebelling again.

Michelle - hope you are feeling better today. Probably not a good thing to be sitting in a desk chair for so long. Move a bit if you can.

Ceejay - did you ever get your computer woes fixed?

I didn't do the best at my resolutions this week. Had some phone calls - unexpected and had to check on some ill family members. I did wind up watching a fair bit of TV. I recorded a bunch of stuff over Christmas and New Years and it was about to fill up the DVR so it was either watch it or lose it. I watched the movie "The Other Boleyn Girl". Interesting take on this version of Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII vs the Showtime mini series The Tudors which I liked but they admit they took some editorial liberties to make it interesting for TV. I did hold my spending down. Did stick to cleaning up at least one hot spot a night. I was looking at the kitchen counter this morning and wondering what DH has tossed out while I was at work as it was especially bare. Then I realized that it was ME who had cleaned bits off the counter.

Ah well - someone has come up to me needing a report so I need to sign off. Have a good weekend people.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #89  
Happy September

HOLY GIANT FLUFFY SNOWFLAKES BATMAN!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE WE HAVE 3 MORE INCHES. AND IT'S GETTING COLDER AND FREEZING. THE OFFICES ARE THINKING OF LEAVING EARLY...THAT'S FINE WITH ME :cb; SO LONG AS THEY SHOVEL BEFORE THEY GO!!!
I DID MY EXERCISES ALREADY AND I'M DEFINIOTELY ON A ROLL. NOTHING SUPER STRENUOUS BUT MOVING ALL THE SAME. NOW I NEED TO STEAM SOME VEGGIES & RICE AND THEN BOIL SOME EGGS. GOING TO BE SHORT RIBS TONITE ALA TJ'S.
JEN CALLED AGAIN...ALL IS WELL DOWN THERE. SHE'S STILL COLD!! POOR KID CAN'T GET A BREAK!

ANNIE....HOPE YOU HAVE FINE WEATHER FOR THE ST LOUIS DRIVE AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!! SAFE TRAVELS TO YOU AND DD

LAURA...YES I THINK YOIU ARE RIGHT AND MAYBE I SAID THIS BEFORE...GETTING DEJA VU NOW....IF THERE WAS SAWDUST ON THE FLOOR IT REMINDS ME OF THE OLD DELI/BUTCHER MY GRAM TOOK US TO WHEN WE WERE TINY TOTS. THE BUTCHER ALWAYS GAVE US ONE SLICE OF EITHER BOLOGNA OR CHEESE...IT WAS OUR CHOICE. SOMETIMES WE WOULD CUT THEM IN HALF AND SHARE THEM. HOW DID THE FC GO?? ELLIPTICAL OR ONE OF THE
Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #90  
Happy September

HAPPY.....YOU SNUCK IN THERE.....I SAW THE WEATHER MAP FOR YOUR AREA NOT 2 MINUTES AGO AND AN ICE STORM IS HEADED YOUR WAY GOOD IDEA TO GET THE WEEKEND ERRANDS DONE BEFORE THAT ARRIVES NEXT TUES!!! HOPE THE FAMILY WILL GET WELL SOON TOO I HAD TO LAUGH AT THE KITCHEN COUNTER BEING BARER FEELS FUNNY WHEN WE CHANGE STUFF AROUND!!. HOPE AFTER YOU FOOD SHOP THAT YOU WILL FEEL BETTER WITHOUT THE BLOAT. THIS TIME WHEN I SHOPPED, I LEFT THE "BLOATY" FOODS RIGHT THERE IN THE STORE. DON'T KNOIW WHY I KEEP BUYING THEM!!!!!!!!! YOU ALSO REMINDED ME OF THE WW ZERO POINTS SOUP...MAYBE I'LL GET STUFF NEXT WEEK FOR THAT TOO. GOOD THINKING SIS!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.