Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 06:38 PM   #31  
Theres no stopping me now

Hi - started my new points week at 6pm this evening, am already concious that i fI eat too much tonight, I could be left with minimal rations from about Tuesday on.

Seems to be having the desired effect, I have hardly eaten anything, just a normal evenings food, dinner, snack and a soft drink.

Here's hoping I can stick with it for a week to see if it works for me, so far so good.

Need to step up the exercise, too lazy to go swimming tonight. I did take the boys to McDonalds and only had a diet coke for myself. But a swim would have been better

Too late now, need to try and make time to go tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:59 AM   #32  

Morning,

A busy few days here so it is nice to have a couple of days to just hang out and not really do anything.

We got called to the hospital on Wednesday evening. My sister-in- law had been diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy on Tuesday and it had burst while she was at work on Wednesday afternoon. A coworker decided to drive her to the hospital instead of waiting for an ambulance and as a result she has lost 3 pints of blood and was uncounscious when she reached the hospital. They took her in an did an blood transfusion and surgery immediately.

I hadn't realized that ectopics could be life threatening until then!
She is doing well now and is being released today.

That's all the excitement for now.

I plan to do some cooking today and tomorrow to be sure I have good things to eat this week rather than grabbing whatever is available around here.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheers,
Karie
Old 12-02-2002, 10:02 PM   #33  

Karie - I am so sorry to hear about your sister in law! I hope she gets well, and feels better soon!

I gained weight while we were in Florida last week. We went to visit Dan's parents. It was the WORST vacation EVER. It was bad on so many levels I can't even go into it.

I went to get fitted for contact lenses today, and they were supposed to be covered by insurance. Instead they wanted $254. When my husband told me that we needed to wait until we had more $ on hand, I started crying in the place. I am so tired of this. If I hadn't had to take a pay cut I could have gotten them. I know, I should just be happy with my job, but when I see my boss taking 2 hour lunches instead of trying to get new business, I get upset...

Anyway. I went shopping for groceries and am back in the zone. I feel so much better when I eat less. I don't know what the attraction is to overeating? I guess it is just habit.

I hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving, and is OP or trying to be. Glad to be back - 10 inches of snow and all!

Meg
Old 12-03-2002, 10:42 AM   #34  
Woman on a Mission

Good Morning Ladies,

It is I, the one who never seems to find the time to post anymore I am still hanging in there and I'm slowly getting to goal. I've got about 4 more pounds to go and then I'll be doing the whoo hoo happy dance !

Karie, how is your SIL doing? Hugs and prayers to her and your family.

Meigg, keep your chin up and be kind to yourself. you know what you need to do in the zone. As far as your holidays go...don't let it get you down and remember to celebrate your own self worth.

I'm busy with work, school and DH"s parents both of which are in the hospital right now. It's not so much that I have any extra work with them so much as co-ordinating schedules with DH so that one of us is home for the pets etc., cooking, etc. around the schedules of his parents right now. It's just a busy time right now but hopefully I'll have time to start posting more.

Take care everyone and remember that we are worth the effort this journey takes. It's that time of year where it is too easy to let ourselves be talked into making poor choices. Let's remember to give ourselves the gift of better health.

Talk to you all later,
Pam
Old 12-03-2002, 10:27 PM   #35  

Default End of Thread

Let's close this one and head over to #163 - 10 Lbs - 'Tis the Season to Lose!
Closed Thread