Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #31  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
I'm dog-sitting my grand-dog while DS is on a Mexican cruise. What a little spoiled monster he is! Miniature Yorkie. Barked and carried on like a fool while we ate last night because I wouldn't pick him up, and he couldn't see what we were eating! He thinks he is some sort of royalty I guess. I don't cater to him very well. Maybe he'll learn some manners by the time the kids are back!

Colleen, the raffle is this Saturday, and i sure as heck will let y'all know if I win that FXD Superglide For the dinner, today so far I've made 2 large raspberry cheesecake tarts and two large Oreo cheesecake tarts. About 64 servings there; about 180 to go

Our tree is still up, I'm waiting for someone else to do it watch it be there til Fourth of July!

Had to take a break from baking to shovel the driveway, about 4" of very fluffy, light snow.

tymaboy, congrats on getting half your sides done I guess I can take the Novacain, it does work, but hours afterward is so yuck. Having a numb nose is crazy. Nitrous sounds good! Hope you get all your care items sold soon.

Aaron, Yay for figuring out a ticker! and for staying on your diet. Sorry for your cold. I've been bleaching EVERYTHING at work that my boss touches because he's been hacking and coughing all over everything. It might hurt his feelings that after he uses something, I pick it up and wipe it off with my bleachy cloth but I dont' care

Hi to Tammy and Reda!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello - sorry been MIA for a bit - been really busy with work and life in general

I have however got my tree down a couple days after christmas- but then again I only had a 2 footer up so I just put a big bag over it and put in store room - wa la

Diet has been great but I have missed a couple of days of exercising this last week but back on track---- it is our Anniversary on Friday so we will be going out for supper but I will behave and eat sensibly

Aaron hope you get to feeling better real soon and great job on keeping your eating in check while not feeling good

Holly I just wouldn't be able to do it baking all those goodies and not eating them so koodos to you Oh ya I will be sending lots of good vibes that you name is drawn on Saturday for the bike

Tymaboy sounds like gas is the way to go with dental work - I just went to the dentist on Thursday last week and no cavities - whoo hooo they just said to keep doing what I am doing - I would have to agree one pair of black and brown shoes should get you started- Good Luck

Colleen glad to hear DH is great and back out on the road making you some money

I do have to rub in alittle that I will be on the beach in Cancun soaking up some rays and having a few cocktails in 16 days

Ok well I suppose I should get the heck off here - talk to you later
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #33  
Biker Chick!

OHHHHH sitting on the beach, soaking up the sun, seeing turquoise blue sea water and having a drink in hand...yeah baby!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #34  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks and dude Yesterday I finally bought a knee wrap, its an Ace 'open patella' wrap and as soon as I put it on my knee felt better. Now I have to see if I can adapt a workout for it. I have always been thankful that at least I can work out , even if I don't want to. I don't want to lose the ability to work out!!

finished the last portions of desserts last night, now need to finish cutting and packaging them for transport tomorrow. Reda, I don't deserve alot of kudos, I did do a little tasting here and there I will be thinking of that, if I can't squeeze into my leather pants tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #35  
Biker Chick!

YAY! with the Ace bandage/wrap/support thingie, I was able to do a step routine, all 35 minutes. HOWEVER I modified it big time!! for the first 10 minutes I used the step..then I thought "why am I risking this' so then I did the rest of the routine..but not using the step . Which sounds weird but it was good, I made it more difficult by holding 3.3 pound dumbells so there was sweat dripping off the tips of my bangs which is the same sweatiness I usually achieve even using the step.

I'll let you know how my knee feels at the end of the work day..
Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi Gals, Reda Cancun sounds nice this time of the year. Holly I hope you fit in to your leather pants. I just love my leather pants, I have some that I wear on my bike, when it is cold out. Well I also have some light leather pants that I use to wear ,back when I was younger and lighter. I wear chaps most of the time, on the bike. My wife started out with chaps and hated them, I found some side lace sheep leather pants from sears for $50.00 shiped to our house, she likes the pants better. How do you gals like your chaps?
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #37  

Hello All

Well Holly still sending vibes that your name gets called for the bike
Also if you were sweating then you got a good workout with or without the step - talking about exercise I better get off here and go get on the treadmil otherwise I will blow it off and sure don't need that

I love my leather chaps and usually only wear them when it is cold out - leather pants, well I haven't wore them for quite some time not sure why just haven't - I have a black and a red pair.

Well have a great weekend
Old 01-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey gals and dude (as Holly put it).

I am off for the day..... We are expecting snow..... no better way to spend the day-- cause i have an excuse to stay in then. Lol

Holly, do you realize that if you win that bike, you and I will have the same bike (yours being newer of course). That would be awesome! I did however realized that I have not had my bike out since October I did not realize it had been that long. I will have to fix that the next 50 ish day I get off.

COlleen, LOL about catering to the dog. I am afraid the royalty would be disappointed at my house too. And, I am soooo glad that your DH will get back to driving and he was cleared from being at fault. In all of your humorus comments, have you told him that there should be an easier way to get a 2011 truck? Lol

CC, I am soooo jealous about your trip to Cancun. Think of me while you are on the beach.

Leatherman, I sure hope your cold goes away quickly.

Tymaboy, you should be very close to starting your new job. GOOD LUCK! I sure hope you like it.

Well, here is the part where I get in the confessional..... I fell off the diet wagon BIG time! Last Thursday at work, a coworker had a Vitamin B Complex Vitamin and was raving about the energy..... well, guess who took one? Anyone want to guess what one of the side effects is? First, let me say, I did have energy off the charts and it was not the jittery kind either..... but I also ripped my "Do not feed the Tammy" sign off and started eating everything that could not get me. By the time my shift was over...... I had eaten everything but the walls...... if I had not beeen afraid of mold I would have eaten them too! I was soooo mad at myself. But, I guess it was a hard lesson learned. I was doing so well-- the night before everyone ate IHOP (common for the 3rd shift to do), but it did not phase me a bit..... and 24 hours later with the help of a little pill..... I could have eaten the whole dang town's eating places...... including the not so good ones. But, I am dusting myself off and getting back to it.

I am going to get off here. So much to do.

I hope y'all have a good day. Thanks for sharing SOME snow (should be here in a couple hours)... please don't be over generous though.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Holly- did you win?

I was able to get alot done in this last week. Pretty much all the daycare stuff is gone. I just have a little bit more that I want to take to the consignment shop. We made a trip to Goodwill today. I was able to get DH & DS to go threw their stuff so the back of the jeep was full of stuff. Today DH helped clean house. I wanted a clean house before heading to work tomorow. I hope it stays clean for a bit but I have a feeling that it will be 2 days tops (if I'm lucky) I have my lunch made for tomorow already - salad & fruit. I hope I am able to stay on track while at work. I have not been doing very well this last week. DH & I have been going out to eat way too much, I have been able to do Ok at home by myself but not when he is around. I am very nervious & hope I can get some sleep tonite.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #40  
Biker Chick!

tymaboy - best wishes on your first day at work!

No, we did not win the bike. It went to a seemingly nice guy and I'm glad for him. Everyone raved about the food and desserts so it was a success. My leather pants fit..could have been looser, but not as tight as they have been so that's good.

Aaron, I could not ride much up here, except for my chaps! I wear them even if it's in the low 70's. I just get cold without them. Plus they look good Something about a chick in chaps makes guys get all gaga, lol.

OK, I will try to keep upbeat, but I am more than a ltitle down because we got the letter from the hospital (finally - been waiting 2 months!!) and we were denied the grant. They say we can appeal, but I am not a begging-type person. Just so disappointed because the 2 people i spoke to, seemed to truly give the impression that we were to be accepted I need to be realistic and say 'it's only money, we're still alive and earning' but the way DH is still gaining and does nothing to help his health... I can't say anything about his weight, because the last time I said something 'criticising" (how do you spell that) to him he blew up at me.

I want him to at least try to do something..try to eat a little less, try to get some exercise. I know its impossible here in the winter to do outdoor walking where we are, but we could drive to town, park, and walk around town. But in the past I have heard excuses ( "I get shin splints, I can't walk") We really don't have room in the house to get a big piece of exercise equipment, but he has bought them in the past...and he has not used them. I used them, and they broke like the elliptical. And i hated having it right in the living room, but I made the concession because I thought it was for the best. ARgh!!! sorry I'm venting. But I am SO worried about becoming a widow, truly.

So I think that is why i'm having more and more depressive episodes, I don't see much to look forward to. Spring? so I can ride by myself while he doesn't do anything? and long-term future? I want us to be both, one of those active seniors....Sorry agian for the bleh post today...hopefully I'll be better later!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-10-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #41  

Hi gals. Holly I hope your DH gets spring fever soon, and starts thinking about getting back on a bike. Yes guys love biker chicks in leather chaps. Tymaboy we had a day care 12 years ago, my wife watched 3 kids plus our 2, at the time we had a 2 bedroom trailer house talk about full. We built a new home, and my wife shut our daycare down. We did make some money but not much. I have been having a hard time staying on a diet, stress and food make it tuff . I have went over on my calories by 100-200 cals. a day for a week. Talking about cold weather riding I started riding this last spring when it wes 40 deg. out, and the last ride I took was around 40 and I put on 175 miles, I had on my leather biker jacket,pants,and vest,and still got cold. I think I have spring bike riding fever.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

1st day of aiming is done. All morning we filled out paper work & went over a few other details. After lunch we got issued our computers & had to do training on those. It was boring! We had to change the password on everything - 4 different passwords we had to change & make to something that we would remember. Threw out the day I noticed that it was always the same people that either asked/said things that just make you wonder. Or they had problems keeping up during the computer training. That alone made me wonder since we got hired due to our computer knowledge. I did find out that I will be on days for awhile. I was getting myself Sykes up for the long days & working nites. I heard on the radek that we have 10 more weeks of winter. I am hoping that in 10 weeks that it will be warm. Enough to get the bike out again.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #43  

Hi gals. Tymaboy How do you like your new job, after day 2.

Last edited by LEATHERMAN; 01-11-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #44  

Hello All

Well been super busy but I do have to say we got 9 inches of snow between Sunday Night and Monday morning so I got a Snow Day - then now today we got another 2 inches and of SD always has to have wind so visibility is crappy - and having a high of -2 just plain sucks as well so I know we won't be getting any riding in anytime soon unless we rent bikes when we are in Mexico it is a possible

Tymaboy glad to hear that you are keeping up on your training at your new job-

Yep I think the ladies look HAWT in chaps as well but I only wear mine when it is cold like probably under 60 degrees or raining

Holly glad to hear your deserts went over well that is to be expected though because you are an awesome baker
So do you cook super at night? Maybe you could start getting his plate together for him then you can maybe somewhat control his portions??? Just a thought but I know husbands can be stubborn especially if they don't see the problem- Don't let it get you down though just thing of FUN events coming up then not long after that there will be some riding days hopefully in the near future

Tammy sorry to hear about falling off but it was only 1 night and you are a strong women and will get right back on track so go for it - how is the new job for you going?

Aaron 175 miles in 40 degree weather you are one tough guy, I sure wouldn't be doing that I may cruise around town but thats about it

OK well off to bed so I will check back in later
Old 01-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #45  
Biker Chick!

Reda, I wish I could control his portions..that would be great..he gets home before me and makes dinner. Even on my days off, when I make dinner, I have portioned plates out in the kitchen then handed them out? and he comes back for more if he wants. If I only make enough for one serving, he'll have something else.

I might suggest a treadmill, a good one. A cycle shop near us is advertising good quality ones with lifetime guarantees for about $1000. And I would make the supreme sacrifice (for me) to have it in the living room, I have exactly one tiny space in the house that is nice for me (next to my bed, the curtains with the white lights?) so it would suck to have yet another thing that I consider ugly ...but if he uses it it would be great.

Aaron, I meant to comment and congratulate you on getting on your bike for that many miles, when it was 40! did you have some sun at least to help.

Tymaboy how is the job going?

Reda will be in the warm Cancun sun soon

How is our Tammy

I don't know if i told you but our request for the hospital help was denied. it did say that one could appeal if you had extenuating circumstances. It was income based and I think we j-u-s-t missed it. I'm going to appeal, cause for one thing our income is getting decreased by these monthly payments now - $250 to local hospital, $100 to one ambulance service, $50 to another ambulance service, $100 to radiologists. This is the first year ever in our working careers that we didn't have health insurance and doesn't it just suck that this happened in the year we don't.

you're probably all sick of hearing about this but it is what i find it hard to look forward to anything in future, with husband saying he is crippled without further med treatment and maybe surgery. I dont want to be mean but I have worked through pain myself and not have anything done; it eventually resolved...and I have seen him being somewhat of a baby in the past when he is sick so i truly don't know what level of pain he has . He has called me heartless in the past but I call it realistic. I also am just pulling my hair out becuase he is so complaining about physical pain but is NOT DOING ANTTHING about his weight, which would relieve some of his discomfort. I am screaming in my head silently alot lately.

We got about a foot of snow, at least I'm well to shovel and we have our two boys to help.

I'll try to be in a better mood soon