Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #61  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Mornin' quick check in.....

Stayed home yesterday from Humana, didn't work at CVS last nite either. Feeling much better, pain minimal....getting ready to head to CVS for a 9 to 5er day. Thank you for the get well wishes all. Nothing on the agenda for tonight or tomorrow. Maybe visiting dad but that is it.

Have a blessed day, I will try to check in tonight or tomorrow with personals.

Loves and Hugs...
Old 12-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #62  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY MORNING MY CHICKIE FRIENDS. HOPE YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WELL & HAPPY. ARE YOU FILLED WITH THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT YET??

WE HAD SOME BITTER WEATHER AND A FEW FLAKES BUT NOTHING LIKE THE WEST GOT!! DANG!! NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL A SNOW STORM!!

IT'S BEEN A FUN-FILLED 2 DAYS HERE. JEN & I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME SHOPPING. THE WALMARTS WAS FRIGGING HUGE! OMG...THANK GOD I AM IN THE CHAIR. REALLY FELT SORRY FOR JEN. WE GOT SOME GREAT BUYS AND POOR WILLY HAD TO LOAD IT ALL UP. WE GO BACK NEXT THURS TO FINISH SHOPPING. WE RAN OUT OF TIME.
THURS NITE WAS OUR CHRISTMAS MEETINGS NIGHT...PARTY AND MEETINGS. COULDN'T EAT ANYTHING. I FELT SICKISH. THOUGHT FOR A FEW HOURS I HAD A UT INFECTION. BUT ALL WAS WELL FRIDAY MORNING. MUST HAVE BEEN THE COLD WEATHER.
FRIDAY WAS MY FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION (Sunday is her BD) AND THE 3 OF US CELEBRATED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER ALL DAY. SHE IS IN MUCH BETTER SPIRITS NOW CAUSE JEN KNOWS HOW TO SPOIL & MAKE PEOPLE VERY HAPPY. SHE REALLY IS A TRULY GENEROUS AND CARING WOMAN. IT WAS A PLEASURE TO WATCH HER IN ACTION.
I NEED TO GET BACK ON A ROUTINE TOOT SWEET OR I WON'T MAKE IT THRU THE HOLIDAYS MYSELF. SINCE WEDNESDAY, JOHN IS OFF UNTIL THE 20TH.
HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE NORMAL HERE!!!!
AT THE MEETING I MADE ANOTHER SUGGESTION TO THE BOSS AND HE HAS ORDERED MORE WORK DONE ON OUR FRONT DOOR AREA. HE IS A GOOD MAN. I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE ANYONE IS ACTUALLY HEARING MY PLEAS FOR HELP. IT IS TRULY A TIME FOR MIRACLES THIS YEAR AND I AM OVERWHELMED WITH VERY TEARFILLED GRATITUDE.
I HAVE NEVER HAD A YEAR END SO WELL IN A VERY LONG TIME.

NOW I HAVE TO GO AND READ WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN UP TO. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND HOPE SOME OF YOU ARE NOT SNOWED IN!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #63  
Happy September

SHAD...WE DID GET GREAT STUFF IN THE STORE. LOTS OF NEEDED ITEMS NOT JUNK SHOPPING. LOL I THINK I CAN MAKE IT THRU SOME RETIREMENT AND THEN KEEP MY BIG MOUTH AT THE READY FOR WHEN THE FOOK IT UP!! YOU KNOW ME......JUST LOOK IN THE MIRROR!! THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE USB STIXS. I WILL PASS THAT ON. WHERE WAS THE PIC TAKEN?? WILL PRINT IT OUT LATER ON. FOR A SECOND THERE I THOUGHT I SAW ONE OF THE NEW BRA STRAPS! HOPE JK GET'S IT'S CHIT TOGETHER AND NOTHING OVERLAPS FOR JANUARY!! d a m n!!! GOOD LUCK!!
LOVE THE RESTAURANT AND THE FANS!! GUESS YOKU ARE ALREADY THERE IN JAKARTA.

ANNIE....I AM SOOOO FOOKING JEALOUS!! A FIREMAN OF ALL THINGS!! DANG WOMAN!!! WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR FUTURE DATES. CAN LOVE BE IN THE AIR? Believe me i felt your uti pain on thursday night all thru the meetings!! omg i thougt i would die! went to be with cranberry pills and woke upo sore but pain is gone. HOPE YOU GET WELLL SOON. THEY ARE DEFINITELY NO FUN!!!

HAPPY... HOW IS THE BATHROOM RENNO GOING?? ARE YOUR FOLKS UP NORTH SNOWED IN?? THIS IS SOME HUGE SYSTEM GOING BY. THANK GOD IT'S TO MY NORTH!! BUFFALO GOT OVER 3 FEET! HOW'S THE DECORATING GOING?? WAS THINKING OF YOU IN WALMARTS...LOTS OF GOODIES THERE TO HANG AND SIT ON SHELVES. OMG I WAS IN HEAVEN. WE COULD HAVE HAD A GREAT TIME THERE! I EVEN SAW A STUFFED FROGGIE...HE HAD A BLANKIE INSIDE IS TUMMY!!

MICHELLE...PRAYING THE NEXT TEST GOES WELL AND THAT YOUR RESULTS FOR THIS ONE PASS THE TEST WITH THE DRS. ONE DAY I MIGHT GO AND ASK THE MDA DR IF THIS IS GOOD FOR ME AND JEN. THEY NEVER OFFERED STUFF LIKE THIS TO US. YOIU CAN BE THE GUINEA PIG!! WE BOTH HAD A LOT OF PAIN AFTER WALMARTS. OUCH. HOPE YOU GET A NEW TENS UNIT. SO SORRY TO HEAR IT'S MISSING!!!
EDIT: GLAD SOMEONE FOUND IT!! SEE.....GOD IS GOOD!! LOL AND GOOD LUCK ON TUESDAY!!

LAURA...GLAD YOU BOTH LIKED THE MOVIE...I LOVE ANTHONY HOPKINS! IF YOU GO LET ME KNOW OF IT'S GOOD. LOL HOW NICE MOM GOT ANOTHER DOGGIE. ADOPTION IS SUCH A GREAT THING. HOPE THEY HAVE A HAPPY LIFE TOGETHER. THE PICS SOUND NICE...GLAD YOU FOUND THE FILM. GLAD YOU HAVE A WORKOUT BUDDY!!
I THINK MY LIFE IS FILLED WITH RECALCITRANTS...THAT'S GONNA BE MY NEW WORD FOR 2011!!
THE OREO COOKIE STORY IS HYSTERICALLY FUNNY! I MUST PASS THAT ON...THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!!!!!!!

CEEJAY...HOPE YOUR DAYS WITH THE FAMILY WENT WELL. THE PLANS SOUNDED GREAT!! WELCOME BACK HOME TODAY WAS IT SNOWING DOWN BY YOU??? HOPE THE FAMILY WAS ALL WELL AND WHEN DO YOU GO BACK FOR THE HOLIDAYS??

Wow...lots of doorbells for deliveries and visitors. They just can't manage the new system!! Sometimes busy is good though. Merry smiling faces today. Funny they can't be that way all year long!!

ADIOS MY SISTERS!

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-11-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #64  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Very wet and rainy here - it's pouring outside. Everything will get soaked and then the temps are supposed to drop like a rock to 26 degrees tonight and freeze things up. I have a late afternoon hair appointment and am trying to figure out how to work in picking up groceries too because tomorrow will definitely be a stay inside day. It's getting so that I don't even want to leave the house on the weekend - just cuts into other stuff. Still need to do cards and decorating, hoping for tomorrow but cards are looking more and more unlikely. I think most people are taking a pass this year though I did get a few so far - maybe 3.

Annie - glad that you decided to take a rest day yesterday. That's a miserablely uncomfortable problem. Hope you got some meds to help clear it up too. Rest up and feel better

Mel - sounds like you've never been in a super Walmart before. It is a wonder to behold. Almost overwhelming. All you need (and more) under one roof Glad you had a good trip and that someone is finally looking out for you and the tenants. Was talking to my sister last night who was regaling me of Mom stories and I told her I really felt sorry for you surrounded by 99 of them I guess like a Mom or a teacher you learn how to corral and control them! Have a good rest of the weekend.

Good travels to you Ceejay - looks like rotten travel weather this weekend.

Shad - I'm sure you are on your way in the air right now. Taking 2 computers with you AND clothes and stuff. You must be weighed down - even for a seasoned traveller like you. We await the travel log...

Michelle - sounds like you might not get as much snow as they originally predicted. Hope you can stay inside and enjoy it. There's usually at least one storm to mess up the last minute shopping plans. I'm glad to hear they bumped up your next test. What is it they are doing - some sort of nerve block? I'm sure you are chomping at the bit to get this done with - I can't blame you.

Hellos to Laura and Kasey

I'd better get off the computer and get something done here - before I know it will be time to get off to the salon and I can't afford to get nothing done today. Have a good weekend chicks.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #65  
Happy September

waving to Miss Happy!! We posted together. Send mom over here and I'll take good care of her!! Have a great weekend!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #66  

Good morning Worldlies!

Michelle – Glad the next diagnostic is a go and that it’ll happen soon. I like decorating the tree the best – I like rediscovering all my ornaments.

Annie – It’s for the best that you’ll reschedule the date – you need to get better first. Glad you skipped work yesterday. You better be taking it easy today!!

Happy – I’m definitely not the early type with gift shopping, card sending, and decorations. I’m shooting for getting my out of state shipping completed on Monday. Who knows if we'll even get any outdoor decorations set up? I hope you have a productive weekend and find some time to relax - you sound like you've been so busy lately!

Shad – Hope you managed to do a big chunk of those 999 remaining things. Taking two computers with you – what a PITA! Hope you had some restful time on the plane after all the pre-trip rush-rush.

Mel – Sounds like a pretty good Thursday and Friday for you and Jen. I hope things stay calm during John’s absence – entirely too long for him to be away!! Still no caving, right???

Ceejay - Hope you're enjoying your weekend w/ the family.

Kasey - You must be very happy today since you finished your classes yesterday!!!

My day off yesterday was nice. Lazy morning as usual, then got myself bathed & dressed. It was a very nice sunny, mild (upper 30’s) day, and doggy and I took a nice walk. After that was a short trip to Kohl’s for a couple more Christmas gifts. Slowly but surely I’ll get this done. For now, just focusing on the gifts that need to be shipped. Lunch w/ bf, then we stopped at Kohl’s to pick up a gift for his aunt while we had the thought in our heads. I also went through the mail that had piled up.

Nothing much the rest of the day. I wasn’t sure I’d make it to the evening plans, which were going to a bar/restaurant in our downtown (6 blocks away) to see a Led Zeppelin tribute band that started around 9:30. We arrived around 10 pm and met some friends. I was cranky because previous to that, doggy had been restless, which made bf frustrated, and in turn affected my mood. Also have to add to that my antisocial tendencies, which also make me crabby, LOL. But we got there and had a nice time. The band was pretty good, but the blonde wig worn to imagine lead singer Robert Plant was a bit much! Back home shortly before 1 am, with smoke-free clothes and hair!!

Tonight is our block’s annual holiday event and of course I’m not looking to forward to that either. Just me being me, lol. I’d much rather be sitting home reading a book, watching tv, seeing a movie, being with close friends, going to the dentist, ha ha…not that my neighbors are awful people…just that they are neighbors and I consider them little more than acquaintances and not friends. It’s sort of like going to a work function, in a way – obligatory. Okay, I'll admit it, I have social anxiety.

Enough babbling. I’m going to do some more laundry today. Also considering doing some baking so I have a little something to bring to the two hosts of tonight’s event. Maybe I’ll make pumpkin/cranberry loaves. Tomorrow and Monday I hope to do some more shopping and (finally) some decorating.

Toodles!

Last edited by Laura705; 12-11-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #67  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Last day in Brisbane today. DB2 is coming around to pick up some rubbish shortly and then will be back later to take me to the airport. I think he wants to stop off for coffee somewhere as well so that means I had better start putting things in bags I guess. I'm trying to get away with the smallest case possible plus my computer bag, but I have a feeling that won't happen and I will have to take the bigger computer bag on wheels rather than the 'sling it over the shoulder' variety. Mind you with 2 computers It might be better anyway.
DS2 got a rude wake up call this morning - rude because he's only been in bed for a couple of hours. He has taken the jet ski and gone with his mates. I only hope he didn't have much to drink last night - drunk in charge of a marine vessel is frowned upon.

Mel - got your email just now. Sorry you can't see the pictures. Maybe the file got to be too big for your computer so it won't open the pictures. That picture was taken in a mosque in Jakarta last time I was up there. No bra strap there old girl. That black and white thing is the tee shirt under the horrible grey thing that you have to wear to cover up in the mosque. Luckily they didn't require a burqua or I would have been out of there tout de suite.

Happy - as far as language goes in or out of the classroom, I always think that if you can speak a little of the language, you get on better. Phrase books are good. Get Good morning, afternoon whatever out the way and alway practice 'where is the nearest loo!' and a few words necessary if you have to go into the chemist or doctor. Sign language only does so much. So we have a bit of fun in the classroom and they teach me some Bahasa and I teach them about Purchasing, Purchase Orders, Receipting Goods etc., and how to make SAP easier. We rub along reasonably well. It always takes longer because the Asian mind has no concept of either NO or I do not understand. Lots of head nodding and yes yes yes but when you ask a question the look on the faces tells you who has got the concept and who hasn't. I can now say no in 27 different languages and dialects. Are you impressed? This is the smilie that looks most like me

Annie - hope you are feeling better today. Not nice all that burning pain. Maybe it is lucky the date got postponed. Rest up and feel better.

Laura - ran around like a mad woman getting things done. Just need to throw things in the suitcase now, check them in from the list (yes I very pedantically have lists of what to take for trips like these. I print the list, tick off the items as they go into the handbag or case and then tick them off again on the way home. Saves wondering what you did with that ?????? and what have I forgotten to pack and also prevents leaving things behind.

Anyway, I have about 5 things left on the list. I'd better go and get them done and then I can relax. I didn't actually think I would get this far down it. So have a good weekend. I'll catch up when I can.

Last edited by Shad; 12-11-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Sunday brain
Old 12-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #68  

Shad - Great minds think alike - I developed my own packing list when I traveled a lot for my job. I rarely travel now, but I still use my list! And yes, I too learned through my assignment in Singapore that Asians do not want to say NO to you! Have a great trip.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's a cold 25 degree's, and there are some snow flakes. The weather people are not expecting an accumulation.

I had a very nice week end. The drive back wasn't as pleasent with the rain. Stopped at the mall in Jonesboro to get a couple of gift cards.

Got the computer back yesterday. He put in a new hard drive with more memory. He said the computer had a lot of viruses on it and some he couldn't get off. I'm still not pleased with the wireless plan at V so I'm looking around for a different ISP.

Mel and Michelle
Got your Chirstmas cards. Thank you. I need some stamps to mail mine.

Michelle
I know that you are glad to have the TENS device back in you posession.

Annie
Feel better soon and your date will happen.

Shad
have safe travels.

Laura and Happy
I don't decorate as much as I used to. I have a small village that I put out and 2 miniture tree's that run on batteries. This is enough for my small space.

Kasey
how are you doing?

Last edited by ceejay52; 12-12-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #70  
Happy September

PC IS NUTS
DELETED 2 POSTS ALREADY
I HIT POST AND IT DELETES INSTEAD.
GOTTA LOVE REMOTE KEYBOARDS
NOTHING NEW
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

HAPPY...WILL SEND YOU SOME EXTRA HOURS SO YOU CAN GET STUFF DONE!!!

LAURA....HAVE ANOTHER SLOTHFUL DAY!! IT'S GOOD FOR THE SOUL. ALSO...HOPE THE NEIGHBORHOOD GOES WELL!!

SHAD...HAVE A GREAT FIRST WEEK IN JK!!
HOPE THE FLIGHT WAS UNEVENTFUL!!

OK...GONNA HIT POST ONCE AGAIN

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-12-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #71  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CEEJAY. WELCOME BACK AND GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME! WAS AFRAID YOU WOULD BE DRIVING HOME IN A SNOW STORM. GOOD NEWS YOU GOT THE PC BACK!! HOPE I WORKS LIKE NEW!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #72  

Hi Ceejay - Sorry the laptop had/has viruses. Computers can be wonderful and they can be frustrating as heck! Do you have antivirus software installed?

Hi Mel - The holiday block party was nice. Our next door neighbors had the appetizer/entree course, and down the street was the dessert course. Our contribution was beer, which we brought to both places. There were fewer people this year and I thought it was nicer that way. I did alright with food and drink - reasonable portions, just one plate, and no nibbling near the bowls of nuts!

Hellos to everyone! Hope you're all having a nice weekend.

It's awful outside - windy and cold, with more snow on the way today. I'm in the living room w/ my (work) laptop and I can hear the wind in the chimney flue. I really don't want to go anywhere or do anything. I'm waiting for my newspaper delivery, but it's really late now and I don't think it's going to come. Drats! I guess I'll get over it. I'm really into my book right now, so that'll keep me happy. I think I'll check the closing time for the post office tomorrow and then I'll have a deadline for getting my gifts purchased, wrapped, packed and shipped.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #73  
Annie - Indiana

Hello's to all.

Thank you all for the get well wishes. Thought all the pain was gone til I went to shoveling. Got a bit of pain down low when I shoveled but it is gone now. Have 8 days of antibiotics left and plan to take every one of them. Don't ever want to experience that again.

Really snowy day here. Have shoveled the drive and walk, then the back porch and part of the yard in case Hella B decides to come home. I would say about 4". She is still at Sissy's house visiting. I think Sissy is getting tired of her as she has begun to piddle a few times in her house. She doesn't do that here at home, but I think it is because Sissy dog sits quite a bit and also Coco used to live there.

MI bosses are supposed to be in Monday and Tuesday, hope the weather keeps them up North. Chelle are you snowed in? I think I saw on the news that you were supposed to get some unGodly amount of snow. Thank you for the card. xoxo

Shaddie...thank God you are not traveling in the states, you would most certainly get snowed in with us heathens. Safe travels my dear sista.

MELLIE...glad you got to go shopping. Super Walmarts are HUGE. I don't really like shopping there as it is alway crowded. I prefer Meijer or Target' (the French store) lol...Yes a fireman...We are in very early stages of talking and it really could go either way. Time will tell.

Laura...Notice all the flights out of Chicago are cancelled. You must be getting hit hard. Stay warm and safe sista.

Ceejay....made it back from vacation safe...glad you had a great time.

Happy...can't say I blame you on the card front. It is looking more and more like I am not gonna get to them either. The time I have is being spent doing the things I need to get done. Suppose I could of done them today but don't have any here to work on. Only 1 day off left before Christmas eve and I cannot imagine spending is addressing cards.

Hey to Zoochickie....is it vacation time yet??

Made some homemade beef vegatable soup that is absolutely delish. Had some after shoveling. I have chocolate chip/M&M laden brownies in the oven, planning on Kaula cream cheese icing. Going to deliver them to my friends at CVS and take some into work at Humana tomorrow. Good thing I don't like chocolate. I would be in trouble.

Going to have ham for Christmas eve dinner with just a few sides as everyone has been snacking all day by the time they get to my house at 5pm, and I have way too much food left over. Thought about Christmas taco's, but dad would have a sh*t fit if he didn't get his ham. Might have to have a Taco Spring party in March or April...lol

Gotta get the last load of laundry in the dryer, go sprinkle salt on the driveway....now that is a funny sight as I use my table salt shaker. Hey it works and I don't waste salt as if I were spreading it freely. My neighbor Matt makes fun of me, but secretly I bet he wishes he could get away with doing it like that too. hahahaha.

Running off at the mouth...time to go...have sweet dreams or a great day in Shad's world.

Love and Hugs.

P.S. No cards this year but I am wishing all my Worldlie Sister's a very Merry Christmas and a VERY prosperous 2011. I love you all!!! Annie
Old 12-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #74  
Annie - Indiana

OH and also a healthy 2011 too!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #75  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Annie - if you have the time can you do a quick jot on your veggie soup recipe since it seems highly unlikely I will get over there to share a bowl with you

I got a bit of decorating done - it looks festive enough. Lots of laundry, some cleaning, a little bit of cooking. Just not enough time - we should get the back half of December off - yah think

It freezing frassin' cold as Ruthie would say. Even for us. A few tiny laughable snow flurries here this morning - DH did not believe it was snow but it was. Bitterly cold tonight. Mr. Feral has not been coming here because Fluffy the bully has been chasing him off but tonight after I fed him (Mr. Feral), the cold got the better of him and he is all snuggly in his bed. I am glad for that and watching out for the monster. DH made me a nice fire tonight - it was very nice - especially with the stockings hung on the mantle. I might find some Christmas spirit in this crabby old self yet

Stay warm chickies - I'm off to bed. Hope we all stay warm and sleep well. Good luck with the new gig Shad.
Closed Thread