Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #31  

Morning all. Brrr, cold here. I know it's time here for winter temps, but did it have to drop to the teens and single digits so soon???!!! Thankfully it'll be back in the 30's later in the week.

Shad – You might sweat off some weight, albeit water weight, in Jakarta. It was warm and muggy when I was in Singapore, and because it’s on/near the equator it doesn’t really change from season to season. New undies are easy to shop for, it’s shopping for bras that drives me batty. Our town just had its holiday housewalk, and the holiday decorating competition is usually judged the same weekend. Way too early if you ask me… Hope the rain stopped, the toad is croaking elsewhere, and your sanity’s intact!

Hello Ruth!! Nice of you to drop in!

Mel – The cards on the doorknobs sound nice! I might have to steal that idea, but there’s really only one or two cards I hand deliver. I continued my mostly slothful ways this past weekend and didn’t do any decorating - I just didn’t want to pull any totes out of the attic just yet. Sounds like you had a very productive meeting w/ the high boss!! Hope he follows through on it all. A full pantry sounds like a good idea. There’s only so much “stuff” you can have and then it becomes a burden if you don’t have staff/ means to take care of it, LOL!!

Happy – Awe, kitty wants to cuddle up for warmth and dh complies, lol. Wonder how much work he can do one-handed, ha ha. Hope neither of you are coming down w/ full-blown colds!!

Annie – Sounds like a busy weekend. Even if your Colts lost, at least it was a good game and someone was happy! Yup, I can really get used to having 3-day workweeks, especially in the winter when I just want to hibernate. LOL, making dd wait ‘til Christmas to open and wear her shoes!

Ceejay – Sorry your laptop crashed. Gosh, it seem like you just bought that one not too long ago!! Can the geek squad or someone like that help?

Michelle – Sorry you and dh are suffering w/ the back pain. I’m glad your diagnostics are happening this morning – keep moving forward with the possible treatment solutions! Nice that your boss is so flexible w/ your schedule. So, sniff sniff, your house smells nice and Christmassy w/ the real deal tree? We stopped with those when we adopted Coal – we didn’t know what he’d do with it, and I wouldn’t want him to step on fallen needles anyway – is that an issue for your doggies? We bought a pre-lit artificial tree and love not having to string lights!!

Nothing much to report. Scale is staying the same. There are three things in the house that were purchased by/for bf that I am trying to avoid digging into – fudge graham cookies, honey roasted peanuts, and a quart of Oberweis chocolate almond ice cream. Typical of bf, none are even opened yet. Though it’s easier for me that way, LOL. Sunday I made some banana-walnut bread using the ATK cookbook recipe – turned out well. That’s not something I overeat, but I’ll still make sure it’s out of the house by either giving bf’s mother a slab of it, and/or bringing some to work.

Yesterday I mostly lazed around in front of the tv or read my book, but I did get out for a dog walk and made a shopping trip to Kohl’s. No gifts, just stuff for me – a pair of jeans and two clearance tops. I also bought some more bobbins for my sewing machine at Hobby Lobby. A nice lady in line let me go in front of her since I just had the one thing and she had a whole bunch of tiny items and said she was also going to write a check, LOL. My final stop was at the dollar store – they had the soap bf uses, but not the mesh bags I use to wash “delicates” in the washer. Dang, I wanted a few more of them! The bad part is I bought three boxes of movie candy and ate one whole box of whopper malted milk balls yesterday afternoon. I’ll have to skip my movie snack tonight to make up for it!

Speaking of movies, tonight the movie “Faster” was chosen because one of the movie girls likes Dwayne Johnson f/k/a The Rock, LOL. Bf wants to see this movie, so I’ve invited him to join us.

While I was looking in a closet for something else on Saturday, I saw my old film camera sitting there w/ a half used roll of film in it, replaced by a digital camera a long while back. I changed the batteries in the camera, shot the rest of the exposures and dropped off the film yesterday. Quite expensive to process film these days – they don’t have coupons for it at the drugstores like they used to! I’m just curious what photos are on that roll from nearly 3 years ago… BTW, I have two unused rolls of color film and one roll of B&W if anyone is interested. My mother hasn't gone digital yet - maybe I'll send it to her.

Okay, time to stop rambling and get this posted and get back to work! Have a good day everyone!

Old 12-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #32  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Just a quick check-in to let ya'll know I'm still alive!! I've had so much school work that I haven't had time to do anything else. I still have A LOT to do before Friday, but after this Friday night I'll be DONE TILL JAN 18!!!!!!!!! Besides the amount of work, I'm also sick. I have a sore throat, throbbing head and ear, and a slight fever. So I didn't get to do anything for school last night due to the never-ending headache. I haven't even been weighing myself, and I've been eating horribly, so the scale probably won't be too nice to me next week. I probably won't be checking back in here until Saturday so I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #33  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies -

super quick post for me. The procedure is over and I'm at home. I'm supposed to monitor my pain for the next 6 hours. If I have some relief, then we do this test all over again in two weeks. And if I get relief/success from that test, then we pull out the big guns and deaden those nerves that are currently just numbed.

I'm not expecting long relief from this procedure...just for the day. But hopefully this will help them determine the next course of treatment.

I'm still kinda groggy from the sedation, so I'm going to lay down.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #34  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

ok, trying to catch up. Had veggie lasagna for lunch. I love it but looking at it, it's got to be a calorie bomb. I also picked up some cut up veggie / crudites so I'm feeling vegetabled up. A nice change of pace from the recent salt block of processed turkey and ham on the bone holiday stuff. My new Vornado personal heater (small heater fan) came in yesterday none too soon. Although I have my warm Christmas sweater on today, it's really chilly in the building. This warms the air around my desk just nicely. Now if only I could take a nap Old Mr. Feral was sitting at the front door last night waiting on his supper. I fed him and he ate every bit but first went for the milk and cat treats thus proving that even crusty old felines like milk and cookies When he was finished he washed up a bit, then wobbled around the front, over the fence and crawled right into his blanket and cat bed. He was all curled up tightly and looked quite happy. I'm glad because it was below freezing last night and I'm sure he's got to be feeling his age lately. This morning he woke up but sat in bed waiting for me to warm his milk and get his breakfast together. Our cat is glued to DH who is remarkably good at doing one handed things on the computer while cuddling a kitty. Sometimes when she gets really desperate - like when he was out of town - she tries to cuddle up next to me but I don't have DH's arm spread so she just has to settle for the lap.

I'm going to try and get my Christmas cards worked on tonight and tomorrow. Yesterday was a bust. DH who almost never gets sick looks like he has picked up the worst of the germs. I told him to go back to bed for a while and eat some chicken soup at lunch.

Kasey I'm glad we didn't lose you. Our waitress on Friday was talking about the frantic rush of trying to get through finals and papers this week. She looked frazzled as I imagine you are feeling. How nice to have a few weeks off after that. Just keep that in mind as your end goal. Good luck with finishing up!

Laura - I heard it's getting cold and they are predicting more snow up your way. Hope it's nice and not nightmare messy. I loved how the outside Christmas lights would shine through the snow on the bushes. Have I told you how jealous I am that you have Oberweis dairy products I hope you can stay away from the temptations at home. I don't make Christmas cookies anymore for that reason. And everyone on my team is on diets so I can't even bring them in here to dump off. Do those mesh bags really work? I guess I am just lazy in that department or just have sturdy "undies" I don't even know if we have a film camera any more - perhaps up the closet - I know DH had 2 nice ones but we've been digital for so long... that was the nicest thing about digital - you could see if you made a mistake right away and it cost nothing to see your image. I think Kodak stopped making Kodachrome film (ok all you Simon and Garfunkle fans) this year signalling a death knell to that era. The Walgreens and Target still have photo processing booths. I suppose it's to make prints from digital now?

Annie - regarding your people buy the craziest things comment - last weekend I went in for shoelaces. Came out spending a TON of money - even I was shocked. It was like stuff jumped into the cart by itself. Can you get over the price of greeting cards???? I bought a nice one for my Mom, one for hubby and one for my sister. Could have bought any one of a fine selection of AS Seen On TV gifts for that amount of money So apparently CVS has all one needs and even stuff you don't realize you need and we're glad you're there to ring it up for us. Do you have to wear a uniform shirt? Was just wondering...

Mel - hope your congestion clears up = must be that time of year as we are all sniffling here. The Kleenex with lotion is the best for sore noses. Hope you are feeling good enough for your shopping trip on Thursday -otherwise Jen may blow your budget Are you hoping for some snow up your way?

Michelle - hope by now the procedure is over. Just rest up today. I am envious that you have a real tree. I love the smell of them. It will be an adventure getting that decorated - be sure that you don't strain your back bobbing and weaving in between the boughs. You need one of those canes with the "feet" on the end so it can stand up while you reach for your wallet or other two handed activities. I would think those would be awkward to maneuver though... Feel better. How is J doing lately?

Ceejay - sorry to hear about the laptop worries. I'm sort of with you on the wireless. I have a desktop - DH has the laptop and even so, we sit in the same place all the time so do we really need wireless? Was also reading about us getting pelted with all sorts of electronic waves - contributing to it are wireless routers. So if you can stay in one place, get plugged in again!

Shad - I'm hoping your toad has not driven you bonkers. I'm surprised Mel isn't on the first plane over to sit with it When do you start the new contract? I like your new profile pic on FB. Reminds me of you laughing that day in the Graceland Gift shop. Your hair is a bit different too - quite nice I'd say. Happy and safe travels to you...

Lunch hour is over so back to work. Even with my heater my rings are still spinning on my hands. Hate that Later chicks... stay warm or dry in Shad's case.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #35  
Choose your hard

Aha Michelle - so this was a trial to see if the nerve block will help you? I certainly hope so. Now go and rest...
Old 12-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #36  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Michelle...I am so gLad you're back home and resting. Sending good vibes for your success. Stay calm and think happy thoughts

Annie....the seniors went to a mall with a CVS in it....needless to say they came home with bags full of stuff for their families. I think CVS took over where the 5 & 10 cent stores left off!! GOOD JOB SECURITY HERE IN THIS STATE!!

Happy...glad you got the extra snooze minutes. Hope you and DH get well soon.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The puter is definitely gone. And I'm not sure what to do about replacing it.
I may take it to the computer shop to see if they can salvage it. Ifi not I may have to do with out for awhile. I will not be getting as big of a lap top as I had before for sure. I don't need one that big.

Mel
Hope things continue to go your way. And that was a good idea for Christmas. I've been talking to my aunt about doing the same thing. I told her that I'll be getting Whitney and Weslyn something but Whitney is at the age where she wants to pick out her own things. Nothing for the grown ups. I gave my aunt money to buy Christmas dinner and that's going to be it. I'm taking them out to eat Friday night of this week.

Happy
I'm really thinking that it's the device that I used for the internet that crashed my computer. It's done it before. While at work I went to V. web sight last night before I went home and cancelled the ISP for now. Before they said it was due to the soft ware. I had unlimited minutes with A. but they didn't have a plan for that. I told myself before if this happened again that I'm changing to a different ISP. Feel better soon.

Michelle
Didn't realize that you would have to be put to sleep for the procedure for you back pain. Hope it works.

Shad
I also like the new profile picture of you on FB.

Laura
It's okay to be slothful for one day per week. Maybe I should get a dog just to make sure I get some exercise for the day. I have a neighbor that walks her dog's on a daily basis. I found a throw away camera that has pictures of the flood last spring. I need to finish this roll and get them developed.

Annie
Remember that it's the season to be jolly and wear your Santa Claus hat.

Kasey
Hang in there. This semester is almost finished. Are you going to school or are you teaching?
Old 12-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #38  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Kasey...study up, lil sista...get good grades then come here and tell us about them..

Happy....yes I have to wear a blue shirt with red trim CVS shirt. Name tag and I clip a pen on as I always need one. Just too dorky and not very feminine. I wanted a pink one but CVS would not comply. Our manager..man..is openly gay and he said he would wear a pink shirt too if they had them. lol

Ceejay...don't wear hats, they mess up my hair. lol

MELLIE...the seniors are the worst at CVS....takes them forever to get their little CVS card out, money out, driver's license out for the booze. I sometimes stand back and chuckle. Bless their hearts.

Chelle...glad you are home from procedure and hope it has put you on the right path. Hugs my dear friend.

Later gaters....
Old 12-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #39  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Just finished a big post, attached a picture and then hit the wrong button. All gone - just like that. Better stand in line with Annies old folks and try to find my drivers licence or Mels old ladies. Think I need help.

I'll be back when I have some more time.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #40  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELODY525 View Post
I think CVS took over where the 5 & 10 cent stores left off!!
NOTHING will ever replace Woolworth's. With their crappy lunch counter with the most incredible fountain Cokes served in paper cups in a silver metal holder and everything you could ever want from bra hook extenders to grannie's bloomer panties. I sewed alot of my high school clothes for cheap from remanants in the notions and dry goods department.

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-07-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #41  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF THE WORLD.
WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE THIS MORNING 28 DEGREES. MUCH WARMER THAN YESTERDAY'S 24
ALREADY SOME OF THE BIG BOSSES COMMANDS ARE IN PLACE. WENT DOWN YESTERDAY TO CHECK ON ONE OF THE DOOR CHANGES AND SAW UNHAPPY FACES AND SNOTTY ATTITUDES. THEY'LL GET OVER IT. BUT THIS IS THE HARD PART FOR ME CAUSE I USUALLY CAVE IN AROUND THIS TIME SO IT'S TIME FOR THE BRITISH PART OF ME TO HAVE A STIFF UPPER LIP AND GET ON WITH IT!! NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LOVE ME EVEN IF I AM WARM. FRIENDLY AND ADORABLE
MUCH OF YESTERDAY WAS SPENT IN THE LOO. I FELT REALLY SHAKY & SICK BY 7PM. I AM HOPING FOR A MUCH BETTER DAY TODAY.
TOMORROW IS THE WALMART'S SHOPPING DAY WITH JEN. WE'RE BOTH KIND OF EXCITED. HAVEN'T BEEN CHRISTMAS SHOPPING WITH HER IN A LONG TIME.
BECAUSE OF THE MEETINGS TOMORROW NIGHT, I WON'T BE BACK HERE TILL SOMETIME FRIDAY. CELEBRATING MY FRIEND'S BD ON FRIDAY.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

LAURA... WHOPPERS & BANANA BREAD...SOUNDS LIKE MY HOUSE!! THOSE ARE 2 OF JEN'S AND MINE FAVORITES. HOPE YOU AND THE BF LIKE THE MOVIE. HAD A LAUGH AT THE CAMERA STORY. IT WILL BE FUNNY FOR YOU TO SEE WHAT WAS "IMPORTANT" ENOUGH TO TAKE A PICTURE OF. I FOUND SOME PICS OF JEN AND ONE OF OUR BIRD.

KASEY...GLAD YOU FOUND US. HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELINGBETTER VERY SOON!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ON THE SCHOOL STUFF. THE RERWARDS WILL BE GREAT LATER ON!!

HAPPY....POOR OLD MR. FERAL. GLAD HE HAS A WARM BED TO BUNK DOWN IN. HOPE YOU GET TIME FOR YOUR CARDS AND XMASSY STUFF. IT REALLY HELPED ME WITH SMILING!

CEEJAY....I AM SO SORRY TO HAR ABOUT THE COMPUTER. HOPE YOU CAN FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON AND GET IT FIXED. I LOVE YOUR IDEA FOR GIFTS TOO. MONEY FOR A HOLIDAY MEAL IS A GREAT IDEA. I AM GOING TO PASS THAT ON TO SOME RELATIVES OF SENIORS HERE. THANKS.

MICHELLE....HOPE THIS MORNING YOU'RE FEELING OK. SENDING MORE HUGS TO ADD TO LAST NIGHT'S HUGS!!

ANNIE....IO TRY NOT TO BE LIKE THE SENIORS AND GET MY CARDS OUT OF MY WALLET BEFORE I GET ON LINE GOD BLESS THEM WHEN IT COMES TO COUNTING OUT CHANGE!!

SHAD....SORRY WE LOST YOUR POST & PIC!! BET IT WAS NICE SENDING HUGS FOR YOUR TRAVELS I WILL TRY AND BE GOOD WHILE YOU ARE GONE!!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #42  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Wednesday ladies -

I can't believe it's already Wednesday. Today is my first day in the office this week, even though I worked from home on Monday. Yesterday, after the procedure, I was too mentally foggy to work from home. They didn't put me out as in to sleep...but they gave me something like an anti-anxiety drug (they called it) so I was still aware and could feel them doing what they had to do - which was necessary so I could tell them if I had any peripheral pain. But even though I was aware of the procedure and the pain...it was like I didn't care. Wish I could be on that all the time and still function! Actually, I don't. It really made me in a daze. So when I got home, after sleeping for an hour, I did what they asked me to do...which is do EVERYTHING that aggravates the pain, including walking, standing, lifting, and bending. And I did a lot of it. I managed to wrap all the gifts that we have to ship, and get the boxed for shipping. DH took the day off so he could be with me if I needed it, and he drove me to get the packages shipped. So I did do lots of walking, standing, bending yesterday...and with a pain level of between 1 and 3 (on a scale of 1-10) without pain meds (not even Aleve), which is pretty darn amazing! Last night, the numbing from the test wore off, and today, I'm back to where I was...around an 8 on the pain scale (hopefully down to a 6 once the Vicodin kicks in), and walking with a cane. I should hear from the doctor's office soon to see how I did yesterday, and to schedule my next test...another temporary numbing...in about two weeks.

Ceejay - They don't put me completely under for the test...but the stuff they gave me made me fairly groggy. I could've done it without sedation...but since the last shot I had was very painful and felt like 10,000 volts down my side/leg and I nearly jumped off the table with the needle near my spinal cord...I figured mild relaxing meds would be better than going with nothing.

Mel - Hope you're over your congestion, my dear sister. And I hope you're finding time to relax and take care of you! Stand your ground, young lady and don't cave in. You've got to look out for you...because it's dang sure no one else there will. I hope you enjoy your WalMart day tomorrow, and your friend's b'day on Friday.

Laura - I'm saying the same thing...Why did it have to drop to the single digits so darn fast? I hope it warms up for us later this week. I know we're supposed to get snow tomorrow and then on Saturday as well. Shopping for bras drives me crazy as well. Aarrgh. We keep our puppies out of the room where the tree is...unless we're in the room as well so we can supervise. My DH actually enjoys stringing lights, so that's his job. And he helps with a few ornaments. We'll be adding ornaments tonight as long as my back allows it. As for my boss....yes, he's being super nice. A co-worker on my team has back issues too (his are lumbar and cervical)...and he's getting treatments for them. Our boss can't believe we are actually working with pain levels so high. He's told me that if I can work from home more often, but I like having a few days in the office so I can have face to face meetings. And also is trying to get preferred parking for me from HR, but I don't know if they have such a thing. What a nice guy!! I'm very fortunate to have such an understanding and considerate boss. I haven't heard much about the movie "Faster", but I do want to see "The Tourist" because I really like Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie.

Kasey - I hope you feel better very, very soon, and get all your schoolwork done so you can enjoy your break!

Happy - I hope your head congestion clears out too. Thanks for all your good wishes and watching over me...I know it helped make the procedure go easier. Love you, sista. You and your DH are so kind to give Mr. Feral a warm place to sleep, as well as dinner, milk and cookies! I'm very relieved to have all my Christmas cards and Christmas gifts in the mail. Phew. Now I just have a few gifts yet to wrap for folks that live here in WI. I hate it when I go shopping for one or two things and end up with a cart full! DH still has a few film cameras that he uses. We can't afford a digital SLR, so he uses his non-digital SLR cameras when photographing waterfalls, etc. I used to have a couple mesh bags for undies...but have lost them along the way and now just throw the undies in with the rest. As for the canes with the four feet...I have a hard enough time not tripping over the one with one foot, though it would be nice if it would stand up on it's own. Of course, it would be nicer if I could stand up on my own too! DH is doing better, thank goodness, and he's being a real sweetie picking up the slack for me 'till my back gets better. I loved Woolworth's lunch counter. Good food and cheap! It was a great five and dime.

Annie - When it's super cold out...I definitely wear a hat. Hair be d*mned. Stay warm and try and relax when you can. I still think it's amazing you have to card seniors when they buy booze, but I understand.

Shad - Safe travels, my worldly sister! Love the FB profile pic!

I'd better get this posted and get some stuff done.

I want to thank you all for your love, friendship and support (and the hugs)! You chicks are awesome!

Lots of love and hugs,
Old 12-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #43  

Good morning all.

Hi Kasey - Hang in there girl, Friday's almost here!!! Feel better soon!

Michelle - Hope the procedure is giving you relief from the pain and you can go on to the next procedure.

Happy - Bf and I were just commenting the other day on how we like the way the lights glow from beneath the snow on the bushes. I do think the mesh bags work nicely - I'm not one for hand-washing, but I also can't have bra straps wrapping around all the other clothes in the washer. Glad your heater is helping you warm up - be careful w/ that thing though!! It was chilly in our office yesterday and I didn't have my boiled wool to keep me warm! I ended up w/ my wool scarf laid across my legs to keep them warm.

Ceejay - Sorry the laptop is toast. Yeh, the dog at least gets us out for walks. We joke that the dog is making sure bf & I get out for our exercise and that he has to pull us along, recalcitrants that we are, LOL.

Annie - Do you really card seniors for the booze, or are they just offering up the ID on their own?

Mel - Hope today's a better day. No caving on the changes being made!! Enjoy your Walmart trip tomorrow.

Shad - Sorry you lost your post!

The movie was good - generally entertaining if you like that kind of revenge movie thing. Bf and I enjoyed it. So funny at how different the previews are when they're screening a "guy movie" - at least 2 previews for violent action movies, one for yet another installment where the cop goes undercover as a fat black grandma (did we need another one??!!), and one for an exorcism-type movie. The last one might actually be good - Anthony Hopkins is in it.

The film - which cost $10 to process the roll - had some photos of a visit to my mom's house in MO - gardens, the pasture behind her house, and her dog, who had since passed away. BTW, my mother adopted another dog last week and I told her she needs to dig out the (film) camera and get some photos of the new dog - an 11-year old female black lab mix.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

This will be the last time I post for the week. I will be going to my uncle's Thursday afternoon for a play their grand daughter is in at school that afternoon. They have ticket's to eat at one of the local mexican resturants in Paragould. Then on Friday I'm taking them out to eat in Jonesboro to Ron's Catfish resturant. Saturday I'm coming back home.

Laura,
I have no idea what recalcitrants would be.

Michelle
Be careful at work today.

Mel
Think we have jealousy in all works of life. Have a fun day shopping with Jen.

Happy, Kasey, Annie

Not much to report today. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #45  

Michelle snuck in!! Glad the procedure seems to have worked short-term, and that it even gave you a window to get some gift wrapping/packing/shipping done.

Ceejay - Enjoy the time out of town w/ your family. Save travels!! Recalcitrant is a great word!!
From dictionary.com:
–adjective
1. resisting authority or control; not obedient or compliant; refractory.
2. hard to deal with, manage, or operate.
–noun
3. a recalcitrant person. [I'm sure we all know at least one, LOL.]

Just had lunch w/ a friend. She said she was out walking her dog the other day and that he suddenly attacked a neighborhood snowman. She quickly realized he was going after the snowman's buttons - because they were made out of Oreo cookies!! Before she could do anything, he'd eaten them all.

Last edited by Laura705; 12-08-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Closed Thread