Old 01-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #61  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Remember me? I'm the one who basically fell off the face of the forum for the last month. Feel free to virtually slap me

But I am back with a vengeance. I joined WW this past week on wednesday night and so far doing really well. I really like the new program and I have been weighing and measuring faithfully. I've been hungry off and on a few times but that was my fault. I forgot to take enough fruit for snacks at work and such.

Today my bff next door and I went for a walk downtown for about 30 mins. It was quite chilly and the sidewalks were slippery so we didn't go longer than that. But at least we got out for a bit and got some fresh air.

I am on the countdown at work now. 1 month left. When I took the job it was for 1 year to cover a sick leave and she is coming back starting tomorrow morning on a gradual return to work plan for a month. So I am done sometime around the end of Feb. I am happy and not happy about it. I don't really like being there but I also don't want to be on EI at all. I hate being home on EI. I know I've paid into it for years but still, I would rather be working. So hopefully I will find something fairly soon.

Hopefully no more snow this week. We have just had one after the other here down east. I am fed up with it. One decent week would be nice instead of just a few days and then another weather bomb LOL

Guess thats it for me. I am going to change my ticker to represent me starting at WW this past week. I'll update each wednesday with the new, hopefully lower, number.

Everyone have a good start to your week!

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #62  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Thanks Rosebud I was there once before and I slipped up and gained 5 pounds back. But now I'm ready to go again!!!

Shay - I hope you get better and stay better girl. It's no fun being sick.

Hi equinetcan.. glad to see you back

I bought a new pair of jeans... SIZE 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to post in the NSV area... I haven't been a 10 in years

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 01-31-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #63  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 227/225.6/145

Height: 5'2"

I had some sort of carb panic attack today LOL. I was out and didnt pack a lunch or snack and the ppl I was visiting had NOTHING but crap in their fridge and cabinet AND to top it all off they had chocolate cake in the cabinet hiding it from me so I wouldnt feel tempted. I'm like dudes that cake doesnt tempt me as much as all the other stuff around here sausage rolls and graham wafers and pop corn and chocolate chips and 10K boxes of friggin crackers. I caved and ate 1 cracker, 2 chocolate chips and a bite of grilled cheese sandwich. I had to leave FAST! Now i'm home and I feel so much better. I hate ppl who have a house full of junk food. LOL
VeggieGurlShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #64  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI ALANNAH ~ glad you found your way back here again; hope you have lots of success with your new WW plan too ...

AUNTY ~ that's a fab NSV for sure; been too many years since I wore a size 10 -- but yes I did, when I was in my twenties ...

SHAY ~ yes, we know what you mean: love the people, but hate the houseful of junkies ... I know that's what you meant! Good for you for getting out of there; don't blame you one bit ...

Well, so glad that it did not get as cold as they had predicted; still cold enuff at around -23C and the was out full force all day again today and should be all week, as the temps warm up for more ***** ... isn't that always the way; but hey, I'll take it!

We went up town and got our weekly shopping done; needed lots of veggies and salad stuff; got some good deals on lean meats too. So I got a lot of walking in today; and soon I will put my sore feeties up with a nice hot cuppa tea and do some more reading.

Have a great week everyone ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #65  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi guys!

There are some Canadians after all. I only saw a thread about Village on a diet here so far.
I just signed up and started to check out this place.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #66  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

JOSEY ~ glad you found us over here; yes, we have a Canadian thread as there are quite a few Canucks on this site as you'll see as you peruse around. They don't all post here every day, but they come by now & then.

Yes, we are in the cold, cold north for sure; but we've been blessed with warmer temps for the last two days; well, warmer than last week, that is ... but we were also blessed with a mini-snow storm today too (on and off); the winds from the south were quite strong though -- can hear them through our furnace vent.

We really can't complain becuz we had full for several days in a row here; and the temps are much nicer than was predicted, so we are happy canucks these days.

Just stayed home and did laundry and other regular stuff whilst DH did the errands for me: he loves to do that; gives him something extra to do in the winter besides moving snow around from one place to another (I kid you not) ...

Have a Fantabulous Friday and keep warm ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-03-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #67  
Alannah

Hey guys,

Weighed in tonight instead of yesterday due to our big snowstorm. I was down 3.4 lbs for my first week at WW.

We got about 25cm or so and that makes the 4th big storm in as many weeks here. I know its winter and all but I really am getting tired of the storms lol

Glad tomorrow is Friday!

Alannah
Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #68  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Great to hear there are more of us :-)

I just started WW again too. Very excited and very hopeful. I have lost weight with WW before and now I am back.

We had pretty good weather the last couple of days. It is time for spring (haha!)
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #69  
Suck it up, buttercup!

How are you guys doing with Tim tempting on every corner? They just announced Roll Up The Rim is starting Feb 21. Uh oh.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #70  
Alannah

Josey - I work right across the street from one (for the time being anyway). So I get to look at Timmies all day LOL. I only let myself have a "real" coffee with cream and sugar once a week. If I really want coffee the rest of the week I get milk and I add my own splenda (I keep packets in my purse and my lunchbag). Otherwise I like Earl Grey tea so I get an XL black and they use 2 bags when you get XL and I find I can add more water later at work and its plenty strong for me. So I get 2 XL for the price of 1 LOL.

But it is a temptation, I know. The food doesn't bother me for the most part - not yet anyway. I stay away from that pretty easily.

Not doing anything special this weekend. Housework today and some walking later. We have another dumping of snow coming tonight to the tune of up to 30 cm. This makes 5 big storms in less than 5 weeks. I am about snowed out. I hate February and this is why. I am not a snow person but I deal cause I live east. Not much choice

Dog sitting last night and today. So my Chancey has her little buddy with her for company. I say little buddy cause Chancey is 85 lbs black lab and Alex is a 5lb poodle. They love each other though. Alex pretty much thinks Chancey is his mom or at least big sister.

Hope you all have a good weekend! Must go get some stuff done and figure out my points for today.

Alannah
Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 183.4/177.5/155

Height: 5'6"

Roll Up The Rim! The first sign of spring

This is my first post,I am doing WW but thinking about switching to WW online. The meetings are doing nothing for me but I love the etools. my laptop died yesterday and hubby's computer is upstairs so I will make my decision once I know if my laptop can be fixed. I find I get very obsessed with weigh in if I am going to meetings.I would prefer to focus on eating healthy and getting past emotional eating. I think WW is a great plan and the only thing I have ever been able to stick to long term.

Have a great day fellow Canadians.
dsquires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #72  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinetcan View Post
Josey - I work right across the street from one (for the time being anyway). So I get to look at Timmies all day LOL.
Oh boy, that would kill me! ;-) I definitely changed my Tim habits from almost daily to special treat. I drink my coffee with 2 cream and 1 sugar. The double double got too sweet for me. Unfortunately I also love the donuts and cookies. And sandwiches! So I really have to cut back on those. But now I am enjoying every little bite.
The oatmeal is pretty good and not that bad. Phew.

Anyways, Roll Up The Rim will be tough for me. I might have to bump up excercising to get through that. :-)
Old 02-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #73  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquires View Post
Roll Up The Rim! The first sign of spring

This is my first post,I am doing WW but thinking about switching to WW online. The meetings are doing nothing for me but I love the etools. my laptop died yesterday and hubby's computer is upstairs so I will make my decision once I know if my laptop can be fixed. I find I get very obsessed with weigh in if I am going to meetings.I would prefer to focus on eating healthy and getting past emotional eating. I think WW is a great plan and the only thing I have ever been able to stick to long term.

Have a great day fellow Canadians.
Welcome to the board!

I am doing WW too. However I still use an old points system. I didn't want to learn all the new rules and it worked well before. I am only working with a formula to calculate points, an old food guide book and an iphone app (iWatchr). That app is soooo handy. I have it with me all the time and it is super quick. I also was able to set up custom calculations for the old points system.

I never went to a meeting in my life. I always figured it would be just weird to have people weigh you and ask how you feel etc. ;-) I did very well on my own, so I never missed it. In 2002 I lost over 44 pounds in 6 months. Now I am back!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

Hello I am also in Canada I didn't realize we had a thread. I live in Ontario.
Does anyone else in Canada have issues with seasonal depression? That is my biggest weight loss issue at the moment but I know it will eventually pass as it does every year but dealing with it in the mean time is a pain.

I can also relate to the Timmies addiction although it is something which I seem to have overcome at this point. This may be because I no longer work of commute past one on a daily basis. For anyone familiar with Toronto all I can say is "darn you Finch station Timmies!!!" *vigorous shaking of fist*

This particular location is a direct cause of my 15lbs weight gain when I started working in Toronto so Timmies is my nemesis. The last time I went to one I had 3 Tim Bits and that was in October.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #75  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veela View Post
Hello I am also in Canada I didn't realize we had a thread. I live in Ontario.
Does anyone else in Canada have issues with seasonal depression? That is my biggest weight loss issue at the moment but I know it will eventually pass as it does every year but dealing with it in the mean time is a pain.

I can also relate to the Timmies addiction although it is something which I seem to have overcome at this point. This may be because I no longer work of commute past one on a daily basis. For anyone familiar with Toronto all I can say is "darn you Finch station Timmies!!!" *vigorous shaking of fist*

This particular location is a direct cause of my 15lbs weight gain when I started working in Toronto so Timmies is my nemesis. The last time I went to one I had 3 Tim Bits and that was in October.
I don't have issues with seasonal depression I think. I try to go outside whenever it is sunny and not too cold. And I make sure I concentrate on days getting longer every day now. Before Christmas I am usually too busy to whine about the short days and after the start getting longer. I can't wait for summer but here in Alberta it will take a few more months. We had only 2 months (July & August) without snow last year, that was tough! It better be a hot and loooooong summer this year!