Old 01-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Well we are still sitting pretty at -45°C today. I'm ready for it to warm up. Even with the cold temps I was feeling well enough, I've had 3 nights of great sleep. I managed to roll out of bed this morning, warm up the van and be at the gym for 6am. It was a good workout for my first time back in weeks. I did 100 crunches too!! Eating is going good except for the Pepsi I grabbed this morning and have been sipping on already.

I've taken up knitting and been quilting a bit. I watched the show Heavy and I enjoyed it. Everyone in my house is healthy for now. I still have to go to work in this cold weather and I'm the only one here this week.

I hope everyone is well and on track.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #47  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Drop the pepsi Donna! You'll just negate all the crunching you did! Eek!

I'm sorry no one else made it for the challenge... I'm wondering if I've set myself to steep of a goal. It's harder to lose weight for me now Maybe I've just gotten lazy but 130 is looking kind of unrealistic. I have a stocky body type... wide hips and broad shoulders (thanks Dad....). I guess we'll see

I heard the east coast is going to get hit with another snow storm! I feel really bad for you guys out there and for Donna up there. We've warmed up which is nice but now the deep snow is soft and vehicles just sink into it. Everyone is outside enjoying the sun while it's here... it won't last.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #48  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI FOLKS ~ I don't mind the snow; becuz even if it is -10 to -15 C here, that hardens the snow up. It makes it dryer here and more bearable too. Those who have to clear the snow, complain about it; but not those that do that for a living -- they love the snow, so you can't please everyone, I'm afraid. We had -32 C here last night, but lovely all day today and that warmed us up. It will be a cold one again tonight and possibly tomorrow, then it is supposed to slowly climb back to nicer temps again .. yeah (well, like I mentioned above).

AUNTY ~ why not see how you feel at 145, then 140 lbs; I know that I felt good at that weight -- oh, to be there now! I wish ... I guess the most important thing is how do you feel? Do you feel comfortable? Can you do everything you want to? Plus, are you healthy? Those are the questions I ask myself ... I still have a long way to go yet though; but you must be gettiing very close!

DONNA ~ glad to hear that you and your family are doing better; don't envy those temps though. That was brave to go out so early to the gym in these temps. Bundle up and keep warm ...

I have been reading a lot of books lately. We had ham and potato-veggie scallop for dinner tonight. I had a small salad with mine too (for another veggie). Hope all our Canucks are having a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #49  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 227/225.6/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the forum and this is my first real winter in Canada. I hadn't been doing to well but last week I decided if I dont get this wintery Blah feeling out of my system then I would be doomed. So I quit smoking, decided to lose weight and start indoor exercising. Now I need support to keep it all going.
VeggieGurlShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #50  

I went to my monthly ladies night, there is usually drinking, eating and game playing and whatever else we can dream up.

Last night I had 1 mushroom and 4 crackers with a bit of baba ganoush. It was at the end of the night after I'd had about 3 glasses of wine but still I feel like I succeeded!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #51  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

I planned my first meal this morning. It took me hours of wandering around the kitchen calculating and deciding but I finally did it. I measured EVERYTHING and followed preparation instructions (instead of the usual cook by feel) and I ate it and I felt full. I actually thought I could have ate a tiny bit less and still be satisfied. I had:

2 eggs scrambled with a 1/2 tsp Soy Margarine
1 serving of cream of wheat with 3 tsp sugar, 1 tsp margarine and 2 tbsp half & half

Like I said in retrospect I woulda been satisfied with only one egg i think. Yay me! Baby steps.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #52  
Rosebud

SHAY ~ nice to have you join the rest of us CANUCKS here on our thread; and hope you are adjusting to our winters. It is a bit colder this year; and there has been a bit more snow than usual in some places, but it usually varies each year.

Sounds like you got a plan there; you are right -- baby steps. Try one thing at a time and see how it goes. Your BF sounded good. I often do that; have one egg, I mean; sometimes, I may add an extra white if I am really hungry. Today for lunch, I had an egg salad sandwich using 2 whites and one yolk (I gave the other yolk to our dear FIDO; our doggy buddy).

DONNA ~ your ladies night sounds like a lot of fun! You did good girl; sometimes, it's the social events and celebrations that cause us the biggest problems but practice makes perfect, right? Keep it up ...

The temps were a bit warmer today; came up to -13 C but I can feel that it is cooling off a bit now. Time to go check dinner; having baked steak & veggies in a mushroom sauce. Have a terrific Tuesday ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-24-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #53  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

So I braved the snow and went out to a girlfriends and luckily i did because she introduced me to this stuff called Benefibre. Its Inulin fiber that dissolves clear and is tasteless. Well I had been having a problem with the smaller portions and trying to get a proper amount of fiber in each day and so I ate my portion and then drank the Benefibre in a glass of lemon water and I was full. Killing two birds with one stone, getting my water in and my fiber. lol
Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #54  

Welcome Shay. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Yes, it's all about baby steps. I didn't do great today with the eating, we ate out and i had too many treats today. I continue to work on my inside out. We it mentioned here by someone. Well I find it's helping. I'm on the 13th podcast but a bunch of them weren't working for me. I saved my day by having only a tuna wrap for dinner and there is no pop in the house.

I got my new exercise ball from Sears and I blew it up today and did a few crunches and pushups with it. Baby steps. Off to the gym in the morning.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #55  
Rosebud

SHAY ~ I answered your post in the OBSTACLES FORUM about the bloating, gas, etc symptoms you were having. You didn't mention there that you were taking that BENEFIBER stuff; you know, that could have been the real cause of your stomach problems. Some people find they have lots of similar symptoms when they first take that stuff. Go off that for now and see if you feel better. If you real the label, you may find that those are some of the side effects of taking fiber ...

DONNA ~ that's the right strategy; just keep going on the next snack, meal, or day -- it will even out over the week and month.

Warmer temps here for now; enjoying them whilst we can as they are expecting the cold to return next week. Now I see why bears hybernate ... we had some more fluffy ***** but I actually love it! Eating going well this week; yeah! Have a great Thursday and keep warm ... Rosebud
Old 01-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #56  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

The odd thing is that I can take Metamucil but oh gosh why would I lol. That stuff tastes horrible LOL. That's why I was so psyched about the Benefibre. I feel a bit better today.

There is still rumblings but I was able to sleep and so its amazing what proper rest can do.

So today, my plans are to take it easy yet again. I have 2 errands to run this morning then I'm going to lay back down for a while. I'm not even going to stress myself that its day 3 and I havent exercised or counted points. I have to remember its a journey and not a marathon. So I just have to settle into it for the long haul.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #57  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hi Shay Nice to meet ya. I agree the stomach problems are probably caused by the sudden increase in fiber. You may want to start by drinking only a little, let your body get used to that then slowly increase it.

Rose - Are you guys getting another storm? I heard yesterday that the east coast was going to get pounded again by the same storm that hit the US.

Donna - How do you like the exercise ball? Have you used it again?

I've had a small victory... after being stuck at 150-152 I've managed to make it back into the 140's... 148 Yay me.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #58  
Rosebud

AUNTY ~ on moving down into the 140's; that's a major accomplishment, in my books!

Yes, we had a ***** storm during the night last night with northern winds gusting through. It had all stopped by morning with about 4-6inches falling I guess; but we had lovely all day today so it warmed up a bit. Since dusk, the temps have fallen back down to -20 C so I am going to put my fireplace stove on again tonight; it really helps to warm up the far end of our livingroom and it looks nice, too ...

Just did stuff around home today whilst DH ran errands for me, as we didn't have much to do this week. Hope you all have a FAB FRIDAY NIGHT, and a wonderful weekend too ... keep warm, eh? Rosebud ...
Old 01-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #59  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

Hi,

I was sick last night. I ate something and didnt read the label. It taught me I cant assume anything about food labels any more. I'm was tired of it all and just decided to low carb it. That way I know I'm limiting my intake and I did it all day and felt great. My mind was clearer and my tummy definately felt like it had a rest. I can do this.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #60  
Rosebud

SHAY ~ hope you are feeling better this weekend; and glad you found a plan that works for you too ...

Our temps have really fallen lately and it's supposed to go down into the -33C area tonight. Thank goodness for loads of during the daytime this week; I hope it continues to keep us warm at least part of the day. Just having a lazy, hazy relaxin' day today; that's what Sundays are great for right ... right!

Hope all our Canucks are keeping warm out there; time to go read more of my book ...