Old 11-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #31  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! I started this and then Bob came home for lunch and I never finished. It's misting (?) outside and 32 degrees -- a gloomy day after our nice sunny day yesterday. Supposedly the worst of the freezing rain is to be north of us. I went to the grocery store early thinking it would be very busy and there wasn't many there yet. I decided to get my nails done and they were busy but I was in and out in 45 minutes. Now I need to regroup for what I'm making when today, tomorrow, and Friday morning. Also need to do some dusting and vacuum before Friday noon.

Maggie -- Wow! You did find a good Yankee candle sale! Our Hallmark has a candle of the month mark down but that's it. I do think they have the best flavor and are always coming out with something new. I do like the wall candle holder idea. I hope your neighbor's dog is quiet tonight!

"Gma" -- I'm sorry you got sick while shopping. I wish I could wrap your gifts for you! I just read that one shouldn't wrap things in the original package so that the receiver won't know for sure what they are getting. I figure I do well just to get the gift wrapped in the first place! Your gifts all sound like winners for whoever will receive them.

Susan -- Glad to hear that your meds are helping and you are feeling better. How do you find the different WW sites to visit? I just don't take much time to surf the net these days.

Bob just left to go back to the office. The agents are trying to take online tests and their computers keep shutting down; he's not a happy camper.

I need to get busy and bake some Thanksgiving cookies -- the kind that are decorated and ready to bake for the kids. Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy your Thanksgiving with friends and/or family.

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 11-24-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:31 AM   #32  

Good morning girls! Just wanted to sneak in here quick and wish you all a very

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Last edited by gma22; 11-25-2010 at 06:32 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #33  

The holiday season has officially arrived! 51 degrees and sunny today.

Glory and I will be going to Lunch Bell at 2:30 for their buffet. I've not got much of an appetite so I'm not really worried about eating too much; that could all change when I see the food so I will be careful and look everything over, make my selections in my mind, and then fix my plate. After that we will spend the rest of the day quilting.

Tomorrow is my English paper piecing bee. I have no desire for Black Friday shopping. Today's newspaper was the largest of the year and they allowed an extra hour for delivery. I brought it in and threw all the ads away without evening looking at them.

I don't know if any of you have a Dollar General store where you are, but the last time I was there I saw they had sugar free carmel and french vanilla syrups for $1. I got one of each and they are very good. I'll be stocking up. I like them to put in a smoothie, protein shake, or hot drink.

I don't think I'll be going to the grocery store until after I get to a WW meeting next week. I really don't need anything anyway. I just hope there is a week's menu plan in the materials. I like those to get going with and I am so hoping for a good lose the first week.

Have a happy day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #34  

Happy Thanksgiving, Flowers! I have cooked all day and need to touch up bathrooms before the day is done. Jason just called and asked if they could come tonight which was not in my plans at all. They are heading to Sioux City to see Amanda's Grandma, who lives in assisted living, as well as her relatives who came to spend the day with her. I still have veggies to clean, a ham to fix tomorrow morning, a salad to finish, a table to set, etc., etc., etc. I will get up early since I have more energy early in the day rather than later. Hope you all have enjoyed your day.

Susan -- I wouldn't go shopping on Black Friday for anything! I haven't even had time to look at the paper today but know there are lots of ads from the size of it. I hope your dinner was !

"Gma" -- I'm sure you are enjoying time with your family!

Maggie -- I hope your day has gone well!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 11-25-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #35  

Good afternoon, ladies! Raining and in the 60's today. My rose is blooming and so beautiful!

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I did well at the buffet. I had one spoonful of stuffing and sweet potatoes, and 2 small slices of turkey and ham, and a little pot roast and a lot of collards and green beans. I had half a piece of coconut pie for dessert. I had cottage cheese, apricots and pecans for breakfast and didn't eat anything else the rest of the day, so pretty good.

Today I had English Paper Piecing Bee and a lot of fun. Had 1/2 a Chicken salad sandwich and a pineapple and orange smoothie from Tropical Smoothie for lunch. I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

Only 3 more days until we finally see the real US program. I'm going to a 4 pm meeting on Monday to get the lowdown. Then I can study the info and plan my meals and grocery list for the coming week and start on Saturday, my regular day.

I hope you are all enjoying visits with your families!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #36  

Good Evening, Flowers! The kids left about an hour ago and I'm ready for bed! We had a great day even though the sun never did shine like the weatherman promised. I spent most of the day in the kitchen either cooking or cleaning up. I couldn't have done it all without Bob's help that's for sure. The grandkids are old enough that they come and go outside without supervision for the most part; they have so much fun together. The rest of us played cards, visited, played with new "smart" cell phones (which are smarter than I am!), and watched football.

Susan -- You did VERY well in the eating choices yesterday! I had little dabs of everything but food just never tastes as good when I fix it for some reason. I will have to wait until my meeting on Thursday to see the new WW plan here. Since we are going to Kansas City next weekend I may wait to "officially" start until we get back.

Now it is on to Christmas! Have a nice weekend and enjoy!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 11-26-2010 at 10:54 PM.